PDA

View Full Version : Op war Prison

Crest
21-01-04, 14:40
Ok So here is the pitch...Instead of dying at op wars imagine all the dead get put into a prison (POW) both defending and attacking ....

Who ever ones the op have their release imidiate ....while the loosers have to wait 1 hour in NC time for release ....

Most countries Take POW why Cant factions .....

Babes
21-01-04, 14:45
Like the Idea, How about if the player does not Release a PPU can REZZ him with a REZZ POW spell......which puts in Prision for 10 mins and he has to Pay a Fine to get himself out say 50k..:)

garyu69
21-01-04, 14:47
50k way too much. MOre money than i have, lol.

Good idea.

Lots of Prison ideas lately.... well 2 o_0

J. Folsom
21-01-04, 14:48
What's with this obsessions with jails? Waiting without being able to do anything is bad, okay?

Besides, it's insane.

"Hello mate, I just blasted your face full of plasma, instantaneously frying your brain, welcome to prison!"

The system is fine as it is, either you have to wait to get resurrected, GenRep to a safe place where you can get poked up and start fighting again, or just GenRep in and isntantly start fighting again.

CarniFlex
21-01-04, 14:49
5 star

athon
21-01-04, 14:58
Crap idea. A whole fecking hour withoput being able to do anything? Kinda 'feature' that would make me stop playing.

Athon Solo

garyu69
21-01-04, 14:59
Originally posted by athon
Crap idea. A whole fecking hour withoput being able to do anything? Kinda 'feature' that would make me stop playing.

Athon Solo Only an hour in Game, Not a RL hour.
Hour in Game is hardly anything

t0tt3
21-01-04, 15:01
So when is it a OP war? If you die from a mob in a warzone? Woohooo idle w/o anything to do in one hour... naaa really bad idea.

GT_Rince
21-01-04, 15:03
Sorry - silly idea....

How many dead people do you think ever got carted off to PoW camps? Live peeps, yes - dead.. Nope !

If you die at the hands of a PKer, you think that you should go to prison ? Nahhh!

J. Folsom
21-01-04, 15:05
Originally posted by garyu69
Only an hour in Game, Not a RL hour.
Hour in Game is hardly anything It's 6 minutes, yes that's hardly anything. Doesn't make it any more pointless.

SI also puts you in for that prison time (42% takes around 5 to 6 minutes to clear up).

Besides, I thought people liked the long OP Wars with lots of rezzing, this'll just kill that.

athon
21-01-04, 15:06
Only an hour in Game, Not a RL hour.
Hour in Game is hardly anything

Now that's just as bad, if not worse. Now you're making people wait an amount of time long enough to piss them off but short enough not to make it worth logging out and doing something else. AND you've still got to get re-imped, maybe repairs done, and the op war is probably over.

And as above, how do you define when it's an op war? Warzone only? There are plenty of times when I've died in a warzone outside of an op war, there are also plenty of times when op wars have spilled into neighbouring zones (eg. going ot nearby genreps to scout for attackers, or maybe 'bumping' into attackers while moving to another op, or just some wuss who runs on the edge of zones so I can't blow his head off (not literally of course) with my SH.

It's already hard enough to ressurect people at op wars (meaning I think the current ressurect times are fine and fair), I don't htink any more penalties need to be added for dying during op wars.

Athon Solo

Original monk
21-01-04, 15:08
and what about when you have about multiple alts and keep logging em till there all to jail ? :P

garyu69
21-01-04, 15:09
OP war could be defined when a Turret becomes under attack or a layer is taken down. The same way that the games knows an OP war is being taken place by People GR'ing to underground when a message appears.

Also you could have Impers in the Prison. Could take your time doing that.

L0KI
21-01-04, 15:11
sounds a LOT like FoMK to me.

NC does not = FoMK.

I do think the OP system needs a change, but i dont think this is the way to go.

athon
21-01-04, 15:13
OP war could be defined when a Turret becomes under attack or a layer is taken down. The same way that the games knows an OP war is being taken place by People GR'ing to underground when a message appears.

Also you could have Impers in the Prison. Could take your time doing that.

The game does not have any idea when an op war is happening tho. Sure it knows when a turret is destroyed and sends a message to the clan.

How long before and after turret / layer activity has taken place should the op war last in the game sense - the game doesn't know. It could be hours before an attack party either gives up or gets thru.

And you still haven't explained why we need this penalty.

Athon Solo

Mr_Snow
21-01-04, 15:14
Good idea add another pointless boring time sink so less people then already do will go to opwars.

Rith
21-01-04, 15:25
nah - it stops truly epic battles

most of the serious OP wars aren't fought around 1 OP, they tend to be running battles between a number of OPs in close proximity

Half of the skill is having your fallen guys poked, ready and in position as quickly as is possible to catch the next wave

Sticking them in a prison destroys that momentum... and hands all the inititiative/advantage to a clan which overwhelms another in its first offensive.

Imagine 30 people storming an OP wiping out the 10 defenders, those 30 peopel can now go onto storm the next OP with little chance of organised defence... whereas if those 10 guys respawn, poke up and get better organised and get their allies in, by the time they hit the next OP they could be 30 v 30

Babes
21-01-04, 17:52
Ok ill explain what the dynamics are a bit more clearly

PPU has a POW Rezz Spell...if the enemy do not Release and lay there dead passing info to the enmey even though they have lost that OP the PPU can POW them.....If they release before hand then OK no Change......People wanted to stop people passing info to then enemy over TeamSpeak...here is a fun solution....Either Release to a GR/or Log out or a PPU will POW you.

ZoneVortex
21-01-04, 17:55
After reading everyone's replies and comments all I gotta say is no thanks.

Marx
21-01-04, 17:57
negetive. i like the idea of neocron being as timesink free as possible.

Cyphor
21-01-04, 18:05
Possibly a good idea for an event, terrible idea for the game though, would kill long op wars and cause people to log off or idle straight after, and people with a lack of time would stop going to them.

For an event however...have a doy V city battle loosers get taken to oz jail or another jail and can fight their way out from their captors or wait untill their release date is up :)