PDA

View Full Version : Good Job on test patch KK.

VetteroX
21-01-04, 03:42
Well, at least I have to say KK seems to be sorta listening at the moment.. increased some of the less used pistols damage, and tried to nerf stealth... but not well enough in myopinion, but at least its a start. took tc off gat weapons, thx, that was cool of you, and might have dont more adjusting of spells to keep hybreds from being gods... ill have to log in and check it out...

But overall, id like to say thx to kk for listening... now just further nerf stealth, make sure hybreds are beatable 1vs1, make anti para pills make us immune to para for a time period or make para not work on players nerf poison beams range.... and i say we are in pretty good shape.

QuantumDelta
21-01-04, 03:44
Shadow Dancer has a good idea for a stealth compromise rather than stealth nerf that I am 100% in agreement with looking at it from all sides, best compromise I can think of.
I'll let him do the honours, though.

Shadow Dancer
21-01-04, 04:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Shadow Dancer has a good idea for a stealth compromise rather than stealth nerf that I am 100% in agreement with looking at it from all sides, best compromise I can think of.
I'll let him do the honours, though.

I like your idea better. So you post it. :p

g0rt
21-01-04, 04:23
- Terminal/Citycom/NCPD: Runners with a Soullight of -32 and lower are listed here if they are online.

When i read this i was like...omg they are gonna make being RED viable...i couldn't wait to see the line that said "runners with a soullight of -16 or lower only drop one item, but still do not have a safeslot".

But nah. So this addition is useless. Everyone on this list will just be sitting in thier apartments waiting for a GM to come fix thier SL, because a few rockets flew into YO's in the middle of a fucking op fight...

40$Poser
21-01-04, 04:28
Originally posted by g0rt
When i read this i was like...omg they are gonna make being RED viable...i couldn't wait to see the line that said "runners with a soullight of -16 or lower only drop one item, but still do not have a safeslot".

But nah. So this addition is useless. Everyone on this list will just be sitting in thier apartments waiting for a GM to come fix thier SL, because a few rockets flew into YO's in the middle of a fucking op fight...

so true, it seems cool, but if you can't get to the person with -32 soulight or whatever, then there's no point really.

one thing I hope KK will do is make lvl 4 Power Armor useable for other classes than PEs. They are hardly used, if they would lower the requirement so you'd have to take a drug even when capped with all the best adding imps that'd be a little more useful. Otherwise, why point something into the game that will never be really useable. Tho so far I like that KKs doing a lot of things to fix/balance current issues of neocron.

Gohei
21-01-04, 17:39
Whats the IP to the testserver ?

sw1tch
21-01-04, 17:41

(create another installation for it as the patches are different)
ftp://ftp.neocron.com/testserverpatches/

Original monk
21-01-04, 17:46
good patch: totally (except hybridchanges ....)

also: i will only be happy if stealth is fully spy-only: but hey ya gotta start somewhere :)

but for the rest 2 thumbs up

Zanathos
21-01-04, 17:59
I finished loming my trade skiller to a droner today :)

Ive wanted one for awile anyways.

Stigmata
21-01-04, 18:02
Originally posted by Zanathos
I finished loming my trade skiller to a droner today :)

Ive wanted one for awile anyways.

wtf has that got to do with the test server ?

X Kitty X
21-01-04, 18:04
Originally posted by stigmata
wtf has that got to do with the test server ?

well cos Droners got some serious loving - so this dude is getting himself ready for it.

Stigmata
21-01-04, 18:08
if it doesn't create loads of errors, and cause them to have to remove this from test and never bring it to retail then yes

Odin
21-01-04, 18:13
Originally posted by g0rt

Isn't going to happen. As of the last patch with the increase in -32 missions GM's are not to touch -32 SL stuff.

Cryotchekk
21-01-04, 18:17
has para shock (halo in particular) been made to what it should of been?

t0tt3
21-01-04, 19:15
Originally posted by Odin
Isn't going to happen. As of the last patch with the increase in -32 missions GM's are not to touch -32 SL stuff.

But Odin... Why cant you look at the problem then? The city com thing is 5 stars but then again you cant use it.

Why?

There are no players under -16 SL they camping TG area or other HQ and hey allied factions shouldnt kill each other just because they has low SL.

If you skipped the 5 items thing then more player wouldnt care about camping missions for 20 min to raise their SL. So just skip it take away 1 slot lock and give them a SMALL gain of SL each hour if you are under -36.. "and if you dont kill anyone :D"

That would mean moer bountyhunters looking in citycom and give thier map location cool like J3 would be awsome... Then you really need to watch out :D

lullysing
21-01-04, 19:48
Well, i had a setup for stealth 2 as a standard setup, so i guess i'll be using my old reliable stealth 1 with that setup instead.

g0rt
21-01-04, 20:34
Originally posted by Odin

All im saying is, people are not gonna be roaming around with -32 sl...because I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE you that they will end up GETTING THERE BY ACCIDENT, due to a bug in the game, or a fight at mc5, or something like that.

Being red simply is NOT viable, and its a shame.

As great of an addition as this is, its just not going to be used for much of anything.

WebShock
21-01-04, 20:47
thats true, being red is nothing more than a timesink that totally sucks. you cant rpk a mass murderer because if you do, the better guy will bump into you and rape you for all your loot. Thats why there isnt any real pking. if ppl want to pk they go until -11 then they go do some missions. i wish they would do away with the Yo's situation at OPs. No one buys that crap anyway give em god mode or do away with them.

g0rt
21-01-04, 20:54
yup

steweygrrr
21-01-04, 21:02
Originally posted by 40$Poser

one thing I hope KK will do is make lvl 4 Power Armor useable for other classes than PEs. They are hardly used, if they would lower the requirement so you'd have to take a drug even when capped with all the best adding imps that'd be a little more useful. Otherwise, why point something into the game that will never be really useable. Tho so far I like that KKs doing a lot of things to fix/balance current issues of neocron.

well seeing as they raised monk spy and tank PA 1 to 90 mainskill, maybe the could make PA every 10 levels (i.e 90/100/110/120 or 95/105/115/125) intead of 10,15,20 as it is now (i.e. 90/100/115/135). Makes PA 4 accesible to all classes then

40$Poser
21-01-04, 21:06
Originally posted by steweygrrr
well seeing as they raised monk spy and tank PA 1 to 90 mainskill, maybe the could make PA every 10 levels (i.e 90/100/110/120 or 95/105/115/125) intead of 10,15,20 as it is now (i.e. 90/100/115/135). Makes PA 4 accesible to all classes then

That would be so much better, it'd make sense and make pa 4 useful

Hayato
21-01-04, 21:37
Fixed a bug in the mechanism preventing the reimplantation of the Law Enforcer from skill rank 30 on. If you are above skill rank 30, you will not be able to implant the LE again.

Holy shit! Nice job KK!!!!!

SorkZmok
21-01-04, 21:48
Stealth time nerf doesnt make sense.
Hybrids still own thx to blessed heal.
PNs will kick everyones ass if he cant stealth or got a PPU with him.

o_O

Zanathos
21-01-04, 22:05
I have a pretty damn good idea I think about this good and bad runner thing.

but MrBane is never f00kin on MSN! *hint hint nudge nudge*