PDA

View Full Version : Idiots & GM's

MrBane
21-01-04, 02:34
Here's one for you.....

Next time a GM says he's busy, or says no killing for the time being, because him and another person are doing some work in that zone...

You want to fucking listen to him?

GM's are there to help, but if a GM says to you... " I'm busy with this.." or doesn't even say, but if a GM seems like he's there on another purpose, why don't you say to yourself:

" Maybe he's too busy to listen to my whine? "

Why don't you say...

" Maybe I'll let him do what he needs to first, then talk to him.. "

I ran an Event on Pluto today, which was great fun, and a great success, and it'll be in NeMa 8, but all through it, people were DM'ing the GM that was giving me assistance, and DM'ing me as well. This distracted both of us from what we were doing.

Harmless intentions, but people need to think before doing things like this.

The other one, was just there, we were trying to get something done, and people started harrassing the GM with the biggest pile of bitching problems I've ever seen in my life. Not even real problems, just tiffles with other players about this spell and that gun.

I mean, come on to fuck people.

Yes, the GM's are there to help, but there is a time and a place for it, consider that you don't jump on them whenever they appear.

I can't get onto the Test Server to do this work, for some reason, it doesn't work with me, regardless what I've tried.
So I need to do it on Retail, so yes, I expect people there, but I also expect people to back off when asked, or to wait a while before harrasing us with questions.

So I've abandoned my work for the day, because I'm fed up.

*ssssighs*

Yes, GM's are there to help, but time and a place eh?

ezza
21-01-04, 02:38
i know its not quite the point, but would it not of been possible for you both to both mute direct while event was on?

but i know what you mean , if a GM looks like hes doing something then he proberbly is, and its fairly safe to assume he dont want some idiot interupting

Spectra260
21-01-04, 02:40
next time you should team with the GM and mute direct channel....

MrBane
21-01-04, 02:40
Fully understand your comment there ezza, but the GM for one cannot mute Direct, as people do need to be able to get a hold of him - Other Gm's for instance, as well as Faction Counsellors and whatnot.

I can't mute Direct as I have other people that message me on and off, and I don't mind getting Directs from random people that aren't near me.

Random directs are good, but not when the person is standing in front of you and can see that you are busy, if you get my point. They could just as well say it out in the open.

On a side note, putting people on ignore is something that GM's and others try to avoid doing, even just muting a Channel can be a bad idea at times. Rather tell the person to wait, or that we're busy. The worst one that keeps happening, is people that kill when a GM has requested they don't... *Shrugs*

Jest
21-01-04, 02:41
Which is why GMs are usually invisible if they ever come to Pluto Fight Night. Otherwise people try and kill them or direct them the entire time. Dissappointing but true.

ezza
21-01-04, 02:42
ah ok, yeah, good job im not a Gm i would of warped the idiot to MC5 or something

Q`alooaith
21-01-04, 02:42
Like ezza say's, mute direct, simple solution simple problem...

Sometime's people are not yelling for help, or are just saying hi to somone they rember seeing around, maybe in another form..

And if your not in the same area, or busy elswhere, how can you know that a GM or any other is busy, unless told, or you don't hear nout..

MrBane
21-01-04, 02:45
And if your not in the same area, or busy elswhere, how can you know that a GM or any other is busy, unless told, or you don't hear nout..

I don't know anyone that minds Directs from people that aren't in the area, I didn't say that was a bad thing, I said that was a good thing.

I was focussing on the people that are standing in front of you, Directing you, whilst you're obviously dealing with something, or talking to someone else.

Like ezza say's, mute direct, simple solution simple problem...

Not viable, as I explained.

At the end of the day, the methods we can use, is not the question here.

The question is:

Why can't people respect someone elses request?

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 02:48
Brighten up. It may have been hell, but your event was the most fun I've had in a long time. Sure, anybody can do mass spawn events, but this one had purpose. There was a definitive goal, and rather than everyone killing those who could beat them to the "prize", there was the FIRST sense of cameraderie (spelling?) I've seen in mass-scale Neocron. Hostiles resurrected each other, gave lifts, provided cover... it was quite the sight to see. And yes, while there were a few asses who ruined the occasion (spamming, being impatient, completely ruining the well set up/completely flawless Role Play atmosphere), the sheer polish of the event made it all worthwhile.

When we were CALLED TO A MEETING before the event, I was pissing myself with excitement. No use of the Admin channel. A real face-to-face discussion with the organiser. Wow.

When Honeypot came in I was amazed. It was all so well done. Like real drama. A lone Copbot unit trudging down to the centre of the office, reporting a massacre. Far better than "OH LOOK LOADS OF COPBOTS AT PLACE X WHAT THE FUCK WHERE DID THEY COME FROM WHY IS THIS WHO CARES". I actually felt compelled to go and fight for my city. First time I've really been sucked into the game in some time.

And sure, I kind of [accidentally] cocked things up then made things worse by constantly apologising over DM, but you took it all in your stead and calmly went on with the event as if nothing happened. That kind of professionalism is what I'd like to expect in the future.

So all in all, while you may be angry at the community in general, bear in mind that, at least if only for one person... you've really made their day. Hell, maybe even week.

Keep up the good work, you've got a fan. :)

]v[ortice
21-01-04, 02:52
Not a bitch... but there's never a GM around when u need one.

Explains why when one shows up everyone wants his attentions.

MrBane
21-01-04, 02:54
*Laughs*

Mumbly, that was you? *Beats him soundly*

That wasn't my issue mate, it was something that happened only an hour or so ago.

The Event was minor, that was just Dm'ing.

Glad you liked it though, it was a bloody nightmare to organise. :D

Wait for the follow up!! Rawrgh.

ezza
21-01-04, 02:55
Originally posted by ]v[ortice

Explains why when one shows up everyone wants his attentions. ive never had a problem getting a GM when i need one.

so cant relate to what your saying, when ever ive had a prob that needs GM support i got it.

i mean Nidhogg spend what must of easily been 30mins-1hour trying to sort a problem out for me, so for me GM support has always been on the mark.

people see a GM and start acting like idiots

]v[ortice
21-01-04, 02:59
Yeah ezza i'm agreeing with u on the idiots part. That was the point of my post.

Some would descibe what you have told us as fortunate tho.

Like I said... not a bitch or a whine or a moan. That's just the way things are.

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 03:03
The only thing I've ever had to file a ticket for was answered in under ten minutes. GM spawned in my apartment while I was IDing rares there, nice man. Problem solved in around 20 minutes, the whole time the GM was just having a friendly chat with me while I was doing as he said. Talking about how much of a bitch those E's are, hoping that I don't get any Wyatt Earp parts, and so on. That was an age ago though, just wish I could remember the GM's name... :(

MayhemMike
21-01-04, 03:14
When i find Zaor we sex it up a bit untill he gets bored and logs, Zaor you know you do ^_^

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 03:16
I thought he was kuh-sacked? o_O

Zanathos
21-01-04, 03:19
What was this event?

El Barto
21-01-04, 10:56
Yeah, really sux, but if I was you I woulda muted DM in that case, unless you needed it for some thing.

Cytaur
21-01-04, 11:03
Originally posted by ]v[ortice

Explains why when one shows up everyone wants his attentions.

so what you're saying is that there's never a cop around when you need one. But if you see one doing his job, such as a crime scene investigation, are you going to approach policemen and bug them with your crap ? Guess what they'll tell you buddy, go to the station.

Stigmata
21-01-04, 11:05
stop fucking whining

i have sympathy for people coming on here bitching at being directed.

how on earth are these people supposed to know your busy, becuase your standing there ignoring them ?

did u take the time to explain to people that u where busy or did u just think "oh thats the 7th person to dm me i cba anymore"

also gm's do mute direct a hell of alot, they have irc channels with which to communicate.

necrocon
21-01-04, 11:14
GMs rock no doubt if you dont like them check your crack pipe :-p

I know for myself I work in the USA - 6 GMT so I play at about 1 am there seams to be a lack of GMs in the EARLY moring hours on pluto cause I dont normaly get an answer till the next day hours after I have logged off.

BUT GMs do what they can when there on. I have never had a prob I think in my conversations with them. Though everytime there on the zone there in fills up fast from 2 runners to like 30 :-p

remember to love your GM when you see him and if he/shes not looking give em a good sexing :-0

take care all

necrocon
21-01-04, 11:18
I seriously doubt they mute direct unless, maybe they have no ohter choice. If they do mute direct they could possibly miss something very very important.

Just because they have irc doesnt mean that everyone always has access to it or uses it

get your head out of your arse unless you yourself are a GM dont be so matter of fact about what you dont know.

Stigmata
21-01-04, 11:22
I seriously doubt they mute direct unless, maybe they have no ohter choice. If they do mute direct they could possibly miss something very very important.

Just because they have irc doesnt mean that everyone always has access to it or uses it

get your head out of your arse unless you yourself are a GM dont be so matter of fact about what you dont know.

why do you seriously doubt it ?

have u asked one ?

i know that 9/10 on the test server have it muted all the time, after talking with them they aslo have it muted on retail.

people are not supposed to dm gm's if they have a problem or have found an explout they are supposed to use the ingame system or send an out of game email.

gm's should not be bothered i agree, and as far as not using irc, if they dont its their own fault if they miss something.

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

t0tt3
21-01-04, 14:57
Originally posted by necrocon

Very very important from who? A runner? o_O

Why cant they just use a GM channel for them self like CLAN or something thats a simple solution. Simpel runners dont have any REALLY important to dm the GMs... There are a ticket system, need them just post a ticket! :rolleyes:

Original monk
21-01-04, 15:10
Originally posted by ezza
ah ok, yeah, good job im not a Gm i would of warped the idiot to MC5 or something

warp me, warp me :P easier then walking from the closest neutral genrep :P

ezza
21-01-04, 15:12
lol gotta get that GM account to abuse first:D