PDA

View Full Version : What About the Lowtech Users?

Duder
21-01-04, 02:13
Hi, Lowtech users exist and i would like to know why no new toys are available? Lowtech users have no stealth, they dont have much of a choice between different models of giving bullets to ppus so they can examine the bullet quality.

Pistols get a lousy pistol with no real pvp use, hell, it is crap for pvm aswell, the low range makes the aim hard to connect shots to cause any damage to mobs, the only thing usable is the Lib, and even the pistol has its own crappy disadvantages. Why does the lib have 116m range while the smg 224, a tl 63 smg, thats 28 tl difference, has 192m range?

Rifles get a shotgun that no one can use because its rare and KK are "tweaking" the spawn for "strange books", but im guessing its on hold or something? It also isnt that great. Oh look and the Pain Easer. I dont know about it so i wont comment on how cool it is.

How about a Rare Nailgun eh? How about move the grenade launcher to rifles and high the tl and make one rare? Now both pistols and rifles get poison oh no sounds like every class will get ability to poison people cant have that.

Rocket Pistols? Auto Pistols? Pistol and Rifle gats? how about Gauss pistols and rifles, using magnetic crap to launch bullets at a faster velocity or something? Crossbows with poison mod? different variants of pistols and smgs?

Lowtech Pistols jump from tl65 to tl88, nice.

Lowtech Rifles jump from tl79 to tl93 (not including the Terminator, but how many has one eh?)

How about filling some room between store bought to rare lowtech weapons?

Oh wait lom to high tech, you say? Oh how silly of me, why didnt i think of that earlier?

Shadow Dancer
21-01-04, 02:14
How about armor piercing bullets? (bypasses deflector :p)

Prodigious
21-01-04, 02:17
i agree, but gats are going low tech so thats cool :rolleyes:
but whatever we get as lowtechs techs get anyway so we wont get anything exclusive, remember that, we will get nothing, and i mean nothing unique,it cant happen that way, why would people spec tc if they dint have rc/pc in first place

but you would have thought tc wud access you to some weapons, not the majority, it seems to much of a necessity to spec, should it be?i suppose they need a point sink somewhere

lol what a thought imagine a rolh pe that dont need t spec TC :D

ezza
21-01-04, 02:17
was gonna say to lom to hightech but you already got there before me:rolleyes:

Duder
21-01-04, 02:29
Oh yeah forgot, gats are high tech. Weee

ezza
21-01-04, 02:33
Originally posted by Duder
Oh yeah forgot, gats are high tech. Weee except there getting sorted.

so there you go something for lowtech afterall

this can be closed now since its resolved

Jest
21-01-04, 02:33
I dunno. I used to think low tech should get some love but I'm not sure any more. I REALLY wish the Wyatt was made viable. I mean seriously, that gun is sexy. Maybe give it some better aiming (its aiming is worse than the Libby), a bit of range, and perhaps even a colored swirly (dare I suggest black? *creams pants*). Yah a viable Wyatt would make me happy.

QuantumDelta
21-01-04, 02:34
They need to fix Uzi Aim.

Low Tech should be easier to master allowin more room for defence.
At least, my Low-Tech setups are designed to be the ULTRA defence setups while my high-tech setups sacrifice a little defence..

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 02:34
A viable Wyatt would make EVERYONE happy.

QuantumDelta
21-01-04, 02:35
Yea but then KK would have no excuse when asked about all the other really shitty rares they keep forgetting to fix.

Edit;
Fix or take out of the loot pool.

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 02:36
Come on, at least the Wyatt Earp has a fanclub. There's no hope for the Beam of Hell, Healing Light, or even the lowly Doom Beamer.

ezza
21-01-04, 02:39
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Come on, at least the Wyatt Earp has a fanclub. There's no hope for the Beam of Hell, Healing Light, or even the lowly Doom Beamer.
meh i gave a idea for the beamer ages ago, but most tanks seem to like the pile of shite that it is today

i would comment more but heaven forbid a thread hijacking

Jest
21-01-04, 02:39
Actually I'm a Doom Beamer fan myself. Its the only rare tank AoE weapon I like, which is ironic since its the crappiest. I dunno but something about watching a large ball of blue death fly across the screen sucking up everything in its way makes me smile. :)

QuantumDelta
21-01-04, 02:50
I remember the days the doom beamer was one of the only weapons I had respect for in terms of it's damage on me..... -_-
Nerfed.

Scikar
21-01-04, 02:54
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I remember the days the doom beamer was one of the only weapons I had respect for in terms of it's damage on me..... -_-
Nerfed.

You used to say it was uber even when it was crap. :p

L0KI
21-01-04, 02:54
2 things mentioned in this thread, that are soon to be resolved...

Test patch 223 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88076)

[TgR]KILLER
21-01-04, 03:08
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How about armor piercing bullets? (bypasses deflector :p)

Hell yea ^^

]v[ortice
21-01-04, 03:10
Nice test server changes... lets hope they make it into retail.

On the subject of low-tech weapons... I wouldn't mind having a dirty harry type of gun. obtainable only after u get a strange book or something like that (when it's fixed). Literally like a close range hand-cannon... that would rock.

should'nt armour piercing bullets pierce armour and not bypass deflector?

Jest
21-01-04, 03:26
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
On the subject of low-tech weapons... I wouldn't mind having a dirty harry type of gun. obtainable only after u get a strange book or something like that (when it's fixed). Literally like a close range hand-cannon... that would rock.
Yah a Dirty Harry weapon would be cool, or like, a Wyatt Earp weapon.... oh wait... :lol: The Wyatt Earp IS a hand cannon, it sucks sucks horribly.

VetteroX
21-01-04, 03:33
agreed, but im telling you, not suggesting to you, that it wont b fixed until DoY. hopefully lupus idea will go through and we will have a non rare smg in the tl 80's, erp will get a boost, and we might get a rare nailguna nd rare auto pistol... thats actually good. TBH i cant say ill welcome a rare nailgun... YES I skilled poison god damnit but I still dont like it, and EVERYONE is gonna mod thier nailgun poison, nobody will use anything else. we need some more options in resiting poison before more poison weapons come out.

]v[ortice
21-01-04, 03:33
errrrr jest.

I think you lost my point.

By dirty harry weapon i meant a hand cannon... short range and makes big holes... doesn't stack and has a low rate of fire.

What was Dirty Harry's gun called? Colt 45? i dunno... but i envisioned the graphic being similar to his and not like a glock with a laserpointer attachment.

You got anything else useless and uninformed to say jest?

Scikar
21-01-04, 03:36
Dirty Harry used a .44 Magnum I think. :p

Jest
21-01-04, 05:42
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
errrrr jest.

I think you lost my point.

By dirty harry weapon i meant a hand cannon... short range and makes big holes... doesn't stack and has a low rate of fire.

What was Dirty Harry's gun called? Colt 45? i dunno... but i envisioned the graphic being similar to his and not like a glock with a laserpointer attachment.

You got anything else useless and uninformed to say jest? I wasnt flaming you I was saying thats what the Wyatt Earp SHOULD be. But thanks for jumping to conclusions. My bad if I wasnt clear.