PDA

View Full Version : Bounty System [Brain Port]

Babes
20-01-04, 19:04
(Copied From Kill counter)

The thing about Dogtags is they take up space if you could register them at a citycom that would be cool then throw then away.

Maybe even use Dogtags in some sort of Bounty system in regards to - SL people.

But As i Play EVE which has a Bounty System it is open to abuse and is Abused.

In Clan Missions....They City Com gives the clan a Mission...KIll [Insert name of Runner Here ] as he has negative Soul Light or someone Put a Bounty on His Head........The Missions Obeys Faction Rules and can only be taken By a Clan Leader with say at least 30+ members and total Faction Sympathy of 80+ (this encourages that New members have a High Sympathy)

As its a CLAN Mission it is not open to as much to abuse. A Mission Credit is awarded to the clan once complete. So many Mission Credits Say 10 Gives the the clan a selection of Rewards, collected by the leader at HQ. You may Debate what the reward should be..(But dont be greedy) something for the clan as a whole.

Kill counts (DogTags) then would Have some meaning.

Once the Target Runner is Killed he is thrown in OZ Jail for 24 hours (again an abuse stopping measure)

Marx
20-01-04, 19:05
only problem is the oz jail no longer exists.

J. Folsom
20-01-04, 19:08
Originally posted by Babes
Once the Target Runner is Killed he is thrown in OZ Jail for 24 hours (again an abuse stopping measure) Urgh. Just, urgh.
That is going to be so unbelievably annoying, seriously.

While sure, evil PKers should be hunted down, but it's not going to add to the game to lock them up for 24 hours.

A system which would prevent bounties from being claimed more then once every day would be okay, but locking up the target is something which should NEVER be done.

Cytaur
20-01-04, 19:10
throw the target to DarkMetal :D

GT_Rince
20-01-04, 19:12
Originally posted by Cytaur
throw the target to DarkMetal :D

lol - let them try and get out.. that I would like to see :D

Possessed
20-01-04, 19:24
Can anyone say "That Game That Is Not To Be Mentioned Here, On Pain Of A Fiery Death"
:eek:

Judge
20-01-04, 19:33
lol possessed.... nah :p

Maybe if you are killed by Copbots you get sent to jail for a few hours.... but nothing big. I don't really like the idea though tbh.

MegaCorp
20-01-04, 19:36
Some kind of bounty system would be cool. A fixed delay in how often you can claim the reward for a particular target (e.g. 72 hours) would tend to minimize abuse. I can see it working at the runner or clan level with regard to who/what actually took on bounty missions. I also like the idea of having special awards as runners/clans achieve various quantities of successful bounties ... assuming the abuse factor could be reasonably countered. Thats the key though, and doubtless the tough part ... designing the whole thing so that it could not be effectively abused.

Spook

garyu69
20-01-04, 19:40
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Urgh. Just, urgh.
That is going to be so unbelievably annoying, seriously.

While sure, evil PKers should be hunted down, but it's not going to add to the game to lock them up for 24 hours.

A system which would prevent bounties from being claimed more then once every day would be okay, but locking up the target is something which should NEVER be done. I assume he means 24 hours in Game, which is not too bad.

And they could have things to do in the Jail. Like..... Escape the showers :eek:

Cytaur
20-01-04, 19:42
yeah there should be actual jail in game....

Marx
20-01-04, 19:45
Originally posted by Cytaur
yeah there should be actual jail in game....

Why would there be a jail when the punishment for almost every infraction is death?

O_o

Cytaur
20-01-04, 19:48
then you can do a jailbreak or something :D or have it overcrowded and inmates will get poison counters on them and die slowly, then jail zone will give +50 to recycle and fools will be given Mining Tool to go hack some tree logs or rocks (for metal)

t0tt3
20-01-04, 19:50
Why cant faction cons. just say WAR!!!!!! collect dogtags vs TG or someone... we need payback for my fellow worker that died from a ambush. I want and need their tags bla bla bla

Just use our own peeps and do big player events..... why need a gm just make the FC talk to each other and give us some RP with vengance :p

Marx
20-01-04, 19:56
well, based on the neocron history... here's the story, or so it seems:

oz jail was made back in the psi-monk regime days. abandoned along with most of the oz when pretty much everyone went offworld.

reza-manz a former secret service type dude for the psi-monk regime makes the twilight guardian and takes over neocron.

reza says 'screw you' to the rest of tg, and boots them from nc.

copbot are made, they are the judge jury an executioners of neocron.

hence, no trials unless it's something big, no jail because one less person means less work for the city admin, and something else... which i can't think of right now.

Cytaur
20-01-04, 20:00
Originally posted by Marx
hence, no trials unless it's something big, no jail because one
less person means less work for the city admin, and something else... which i can't think of right now.

taxes ? o_O

Marx
20-01-04, 20:02
pfffft.

when's the last time you were taxed?

garyu69
20-01-04, 20:11
Originally posted by Marx
pfffft.

when's the last time you were taxed? A clan on Pluto is trying to Tax runners at the moment, lol

J. Folsom
20-01-04, 20:16
Originally posted by garyu69
I assume he means 24 hours in Game, which is not too bad.Actually, it's still bad, 24 hours in-game equals (roughly) 4 real hours. You thought LOMing was bad? Sitting 4 hours being unable to do anything productive is worse.

And they could have things to do in the Jail. Like..... Escape the showers :eek: I'll just wait for Tsunami to start pimping the jail showers :p