PDA

View Full Version : shadowbane

Prodigious
20-01-04, 17:14
anyone here play shadowbane, i was really looking forward to playing after i bought it today

to find out they only accept visa cards or mastercards

how sucky is that, i dont have a credit card, only a switch card.

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

:mad:

disgrace, what am i meant to do now, i got an unusable piece of software here

visa or mastercard, pfft, how shit

Jest
20-01-04, 17:18
Lets try not to find every opportunity to bash Americans m'kay?

Prodigious
20-01-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Jest
Lets try not to find every opportunity to bash Americans m'kay?

didnt mean out nasty, but they do carry a lot of credit cards from ones i have met, people i know who go out there a lot have commented on it..

i take it back, but still think shadowbane sucks cos of what its done to me

P4mp3rk3
20-01-04, 17:21
errr
maybe you should get a Visa card or something then. It's not like they're US exclusive cards :rolleyes:

just go to the bank and they'll give you one (if you can prove you got a job or something that garantees you can pay them for the credit they give you on the card)

And don't make fun of me cause I can't write gaurantee, OK :(

Ivory
if you have a visa delta card u can use that ;) its technically classified as a visa.

Prodigious
i cant have a visa card. :(

Prodigious
20-01-04, 17:23
Originally posted by Ivory
if you have a visa delta card u can use that ;) its technically classified as a visa.

errr whats a visa delta?

P4mp3rk3
20-01-04, 17:24
Originally posted by Prodigious
i cant have a visa card. :(

ask a family member or something if they will sign up for you with their card, and then you just give them cash every month
SO many ways around it, come on, be creative lol

Prodigious
20-01-04, 17:29
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
ask a family member or something if they will sign up for you with their card, and then you just give them cash every month
SO many ways around it, come on, be creative lol

i like to be independant ;)

does anyone actually play shadowbane tho, cos please if i have to get someone to sign up for me it had better be worthwhile

Ivory
20-01-04, 17:31
visa delta is like a switch debit card follows the same principles but its more available worldwide because of its visa sign.

Prodigious
20-01-04, 17:34
Originally posted by Ivory
visa delta is like a switch debit card follows the same principles but its more available worldwide because of its visa sign.

i got one of them switch maestro things, i thought they were worldwide usable now

oh well will have to get someone to do it for me

Ivory
20-01-04, 18:30
chk with ur bank cos there are disclaimers that some banks may not be responsible for internet payment that go fux0rs if you use ur debit card and might not offer any protection against fraud over the net unlike credit cards which do.

Sefran
20-01-04, 18:34
So ur moaning cause u didnt checked what cards they accept before buying, that means u = shit :rolleyes:

Prodigious
20-01-04, 18:39
Originally posted by Sefran
So ur moaning cause u didnt checked what cards they accept before buying, that means u = shit :rolleyes:

suppose i should have checked, i suppose you could say shadowbane ganked me so im doing the customary moan thread that appears when that happens.

i spose it smy bad, ill have to sort it out, i wanna play.

anyways no1 has answered wether it is good or not

Sefran
20-01-04, 18:53
I can understand ur complaining but i HAD to get visa if i wanted to play this game. As for shadowbane only seen graphics for it and cant say i liked them, i dont think many ppl even know the game.

QuantumDelta
20-01-04, 18:56
In England Visa Delta's are almost worthless for anything REAL, they basically double as a cash card that's about it.

Prod - Ask your parents/friends about an Electron card, that's our closest proximily afaik.

As for topic;
Yup.
SB is crap.

t0rqu3
20-01-04, 20:06
Originally posted by Sefran
I can understand ur complaining but i HAD to get visa if i wanted to play this game. As for shadowbane only seen graphics for it and cant say i liked them, i dont think many ppl even know the game.

It's way more known that Neocron.

Shadowbane is alright, it's a lot more 20 vs 20 or 30 vs 30 type PVP/GVG than it is 1 vs 1 or anything. From when I played it was like 95% 30vs30++++ fights, the only times you got 1 vs 1 was when you were running somewhere and happened to find someone else running solo. Which I didn't like. Big scale PVP is boring cuz you as one person hardly have any control over it.

Prodigious
20-01-04, 21:02
well ive now done some research instead of relying on one opinion/one review, and i changed my mind about it, im taking it back to the shop. thanks for eveyones replys

Nash_Brigham
20-01-04, 21:59
You spared yourself alot of painful experiences with Shadowbane. And there are alot of them. The game is just bad, awful bad, real awful bad.

g0rt
20-01-04, 22:29
shadowbane is the most hardcore game on the market atm.

because of that reason, its an amazing game...i know alot of people irl that play it and they all LOVE it...and they all left NC because of pvp restrictions such as sl and quickbelt drops

if you want a game thats just pure killing, thieving, looting, and an actual dark/dense world, this is it

oh yeah and it has 2000+ on each server at night, kind of appealing when you're used to 150 on each server

BombShell
20-01-04, 22:32
Originally posted by g0rt

because of that reason, its an amazing game...i know alot of people irl that play it and they all LOVE it...and they all left NC because of pvp restrictions such as sl and quickbelt drops

if you want a game thats just pure killing, thieving, looting, and an actual dark/dense world, this is it

oh yeah and it has 2000+ on each server at night, kind of appealing when you're used to 150 on each server

sounds fun

g0rt
20-01-04, 22:38
Originally posted by BombShell
sounds fun

i dont find it fun, cuz im a noob in it :p and i would rather live with neocron's weaknesses and know what im doing in the game

but yeah, they're two totally different games...different playstyles, different pvp....

but in the end, in neocron u kill someone and get nothing but a sl hit. in shadowbane you kill someone, get all the money that was on them at the time, get all thier inventory items, and it doesn't matter if its your brother in the same clan as you, no sl hits, no restrictions whatsoever...

just like old school UO that i miss dearly *sigh*

Nash_Brigham
20-01-04, 22:45

oh yeah and it has 2000+ on each server at night, kind of appealing when you're used to 150 on each server 2000+ :wtf: Ummm, I had played Shadowbane a while back ago, and even at peek time it never hit that. And considering they consolidated their servers down not too long ago. It's hardcore, yes, and it can be fun, if you can look past the glaring imperfections.

g0rt
20-01-04, 22:50
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
2000+ :wtf: Ummm, I had played Shadowbane a while back ago, and even at peek time it never hit that. And considering they consolidated their servers down not too long ago. It's hardcore, yes, and it can be fun, if you can look past the glaring imperfections.

They merged some servers. Something KK should have done 6 months ago. Thats why the client counts pwn now

Nash_Brigham
20-01-04, 22:55
They merged some servers. Something KK should have done 6 months ago. Thats why the client counts pwn now The client count don't own in Shadowbane. It still isn't that high.

BombShell
20-01-04, 23:24
i can go for a server merge from uranus. :) i would really love to play with those guys. thay seem to be so much fun :)

Ivory
21-01-04, 00:29
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
In England Visa Delta's are almost worthless for anything REAL, they basically double as a cash card that's about it.

o_O

Visa delta follow the same principles as switch its accepted everywhere and can use it as a cheque guarantee card, quite a lot of banks use visa delta instead of switch and vice versa but there is no difference if paying for goods.

g0rt
21-01-04, 01:29
The client count don't own in Shadowbane. It still isn't that high.

2 people i work with EVERY DAY play it and talk about it all day

you aint tricking no one, the client counts are x5 neocron's nuff said

Nash_Brigham
21-01-04, 06:14
2 people i work with EVERY DAY play it and talk about it all day

you aint tricking no one, the client counts are x5 neocron's nuff said Don't have to trick anyone. Whoopty shit that two of the ppl you work with play Shadowlame. The game sucks a fat monkey dick, and what shocks me even more is that Ubisoft even went witht eh notion of putting out an expansion 6 months after retail release of shadowlame when it is such a pathetic peice of dogshit. The number of ppl actually playing Shadowbane is just a little bit higher than Neocron. It is no where near 2000 ppl on at peak time.

t0rqu3
21-01-04, 07:00
Don't have to trick anyone. Whoopty shit that two of the ppl you work with play Shadowlame. The game sucks a fat monkey dick, and what shocks me even more is that Ubisoft even went witht eh notion of putting out an expansion 6 months after retail release of shadowlame when it is such a pathetic peice of dogshit. The number of ppl actually playing Shadowbane is just a little bit higher than Neocron. It is no where near 2000 ppl on at peak time.

loolooolo

g0rt
21-01-04, 07:03
Don't have to trick anyone. Whoopty shit that two of the ppl you work with play Shadowlame. The game sucks a fat monkey dick, and what shocks me even more is that Ubisoft even went witht eh notion of putting out an expansion 6 months after retail release of shadowlame when it is such a pathetic peice of dogshit. The number of ppl actually playing Shadowbane is just a little bit higher than Neocron. It is no where near 2000 ppl on at peak time.

Tell me something...is ignorance really bliss? Just wondering...

Ive seen carebears before, but this guy :eek: Did JD/CoS/Etc pweekay you too much? :lol: