PDA

View Full Version : Add an ingame kill counter and assist counter etc.

VetteroX
20-01-04, 05:04
I think it would be awesome if the game tracked how many people you killed, who they were, and assists. 51% of the damage would be a kill, doing at least 30% should be an assist. It should also track how many times you die. I cant see how anyone would be against this. First, people would know who their enemies are, and people would see whos good without hype... facts would be facts. This would show the ratio of kills - deaths so you could really see how good someone was.

extract
20-01-04, 05:09
cool idea 5stars

Cytaur
20-01-04, 05:09
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Jest
20-01-04, 05:10
Well its easily exploitable for people to try and puff up their uberness. I mean for example my FA char died to some one gaining BD symp like 50 times. haha.

Im definitely for it, but I dont think it would really say anything cause too many wannabe penis envy types would abuse it.

g0rt
20-01-04, 05:17
would encourage people to make sure they never die, aka zone as much as possible and stealth as much as possible

what we need is more pvp tournaments then we can see where everyone stands.

Jest
20-01-04, 05:19
Originally posted by g0rt
would encourage people to make sure they never die, aka zone as much as possible and stealth as much as possible

what we need is more pvp tournaments then we can see where everyone stands. You guys should start a Saturn Fight Night. All you need is some one to organize it.

tuxy
20-01-04, 05:24
ya that would be sweet, zone u reckon cartel could organise it?

g0rt
20-01-04, 05:25
Originally posted by Jest
You guys should start a Saturn Fight Night. All you need is some one to organize it.

I would be 100% down with that.

The last tournament held on saturn that I knew about was a LONG, LONG time ago....as you can see by the date of the thread this points to. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72388&perpage=15&highlight=zoneseek&pagenumber=6)

Originally posted by tuxy
ya that would be sweet, zone u reckon cartel could organise it?

Could be possible...

g0rt
20-01-04, 05:25
gay double post, board is about as bugged as the game is nuff said

VetteroX
20-01-04, 05:48

Well, they could put some counter measures in, like the kill only counts if the target had been moving, doesnt count if you kill the same person twice within a certain time period, wtc etc... plus common sense... if one guy killed the same person 20 times in 2 days.... most likely not legit.

I would also be up for a saturn fight night. If you do it, some advise:

1) No "interesting" locations. Just a big flat, good fps area.

2) No bs noob fights, only people who know they are good fighters and capped or nearly capped should come, no battle of the /40 gimped spies bs.

3) people stand way WAY back, and dont cause a commotion if they are watching. nothing more annoying to people dueling then when some jack ass stands too near the dueling area and you gun loses focus because it tries to lock on him, or when some moron decides to try out his cs on the guy next to him and then a fight breaks out in the audiance.

4) People who break rules are killed instantly, no warning, no ress.

Benjie
20-01-04, 05:51
No Kill Counter.

If there was it would influence people to kill every noobie they saw, just to up it. Like spam to a postcount. :p

And if you think the thought of 0/2 noobs on there list will detour them, think again!

nonamebrandeggs
20-01-04, 06:07
In Lineage 2 they have a system similar to this. A simple PK/Defence counter, so if your counter was 15/9 you would have killed 15 people by starting the fight (Being the first attacker), and you would have killed 9 people by defending yourself (Being attacked before attacking). Good system IMO, although to my knowledge there is no way to view anyone else's counter.

gogo lineage 2.

Kasumi
20-01-04, 07:31
Originally posted by VetteroX
I think it would be awesome if the game tracked how many people you killed, who they were, and assists. 51% of the damage would be a kill, doing at least 30% should be an assist. It should also track how many times you die. I cant see how anyone would be against this. First, people would know who their enemies are, and people would see whos good without hype... facts would be facts. This would show the ratio of kills - deaths so you could really see how good someone was.

Oh my.. 0 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most horrible thing I have ever heard in my life. Vet Neocron is an MMORPG.. with FPS elements.. A kill counter does not belong in an MMORPG..and just another thing to help your ego get bigger right? Why dont you post something that has to do with helping than just making yours and every other PKer ego get bigger? You want a kill counter.. go play CS.. go play Quake 3.. go play Unreal Tournament 2003.. go play planetside.... I am tired of seeing yoru posts.. they are always about helping your ego.. You seem to be a first person shooter player. GO PLAY ONE OF THOSE!! Stop posting nonsesne.. :o

Nash_Brigham
20-01-04, 07:47
Originally posted by Jest
You guys should start a Saturn Fight Night. All you need is some one to organize it. Interesting. I would be willing to organise it, and there is a pit right near Jeriko. Would be cool :D

Cytaur
20-01-04, 07:56
cytaur, you dont know shit u have been playing a month you damn noob. Go play the sims, thats your speed. This is a pvp game.

Well, they could put some counter measures in, like the kill only counts if the target had been moving, doesnt count if you kill the same person twice within a certain time period, wtc etc... plus common sense... if one guy killed the same person 20 times in 2 days.... most likely not legit.

I would also be up for a saturn fight night. If you do it, some advise:

1) No "interesting" locations. Just a big flat, good fps area.

2) No bs noob fights, only people who know they are good fighters and capped or nearly capped should come, no battle of the /40 gimped spies bs.

3) people stand way WAY back, and dont cause a commotion if they are watching. nothing more annoying to people dueling then when some jack ass stands too near the dueling area and you gun loses focus because it tries to lock on him, or when some moron decides to try out his cs on the guy next to him and then a fight breaks out in the audiance.

4) People who break rules are killed instantly, no warning, no ress.

Heh you don't know how I am, thus I'm definately not noob and I originally have registered and been in game long before you o_o

Spectra260
20-01-04, 08:07
i like the idea.

but in counterstrike i consider myself to be pretty good, but i often just fuck around and do bad and get a back score...

i always type retry in the console to reset it once i get to like, 0-1 or 8-3 or somthing...i reset so i can do my 'normal'

im guessing there would be no way to reset the record would there? :rolleyes:

Spectra260
20-01-04, 08:11
Originally posted by Kasumi
Oh my.. 0 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most horrible thing I have ever heard in my life. Vet Neocron is an MMORPG.. with FPS elements.. A kill counter does not belong in an MMORPG..and just another thing to help your ego get bigger right? Why dont you post something that has to do with helping than just making yours and every other PKer ego get bigger? You want a kill counter.. go play CS.. go play Quake 3.. go play Unreal Tournament 2003.. go play planetside.... I am tired of seeing yoru posts.. they are always about helping your ego.. You seem to be a first person shooter player. GO PLAY ONE OF THOSE!! Stop posting nonsesne.. :o

IceStorm
20-01-04, 08:23
While we're at it, let's add quad damage powerups, mega health powerups, armor powerups, ammo and medkit pickups, remove aiming from weapons and enable rocketjumping...

Cytaur
20-01-04, 08:40
Originally posted by IceStorm
While we're at it, let's add quad damage powerups, mega health powerups, armor powerups, ammo and medkit pickups, remove aiming from weapons and enable rocketjumping...

word, except few things...

there's a quad damage already in game, we have ammo and medkit pickups and monkeys dont have to aim at all :)

crap aside, yeah if you want it to be like quake, why don't you get the F out of here and play your F quake ? This is neocron!

gostly
20-01-04, 08:57
can you guys stop refering to quake compared to neocron...

fact is...adding player stats like this wouldnt be like quake/cs/etc.....right now...nuthin we do can honestly prove we did something...dog tags are retarded...i dont see anyone who picks them up...and if they dont then most likely someone else that didnt kill them will...

adding onto the idea...kills should only count if the person you kill didnt have synap impairement...that would prevent abuse i think...

for you people that keep suggesting 'go play some FPS'...lay off it already...where would neocron be without pvp...really think about that...if you've got some dumbass remark...dont even reply:rolleyes:

IceStorm
20-01-04, 09:11
or you people that keep suggesting 'go play some FPS'...lay off it already
Adding a kill/assist counter is a very simplistic addition to NC. If NC is a virtual world (and last I checked that was part of its selling point), then adding a counter visible to all would not be very realistic/immersive. Right now, people "say" they've killed so-and-so, then so-and-so(s) argue back, thus creating player-to-player and political tension between factions/clans. The ability to hide one's proficiency or lack thereof is part of the game...

I don't know if you're aware, but there is/was some sort of LawNet/LawTerm setup that was supposed to go in. Having someone flagged as "wanted" for certain actions would make sense. Adding something that allows for shades of grey would make sense.

Adding a simplistic look-at-person or hit-tab kill/assist counter does not make sense. Might as well go all the way and make NC into PlanetSide or Q3A/UT. At least there you can start over without wasting a few weeks or months re-leveling...

VetteroX
20-01-04, 09:12
icestrom your post made me laugh in rl almost as hard as the guy who gave me my bottom quoate. Whats wrong with a record system recording kills? What I would like though is the voice they have in unreal and CS, Where every time you get a kill it says it, or headshot or mulitikill. The game also needs to be more bloody and violent... People need to be blown to bloody chunks by rocket launchers and fusion cannons etc, It would be great of NC had a body damage system like solder of fortune 2.

ajm
20-01-04, 09:38
Whats wrong with a record system recording kills?
As was said before, it has no point since people can just kill their or their friends' 0/2 alts over and over again for 'frags'.

One thing that could give you some 'numbers' to indicate skill and would perhaps work better, would be an officially organised, regular arena or fight night-style event, where stats would be recorded, and a ranking system similar to chess ELO or tennis ATP would be installed.

MindMaze
20-01-04, 10:02
To retort the comment about this system's ruining the realism of this game, I think that's complete BS. I think every police department keeps records of murderers. It'd make perfect RP sense if NEXT logged every death. I'm sure it'd be easy to put it into some rp context. If this doesn't make sense, then neither does sl loss for killing a runner. I mean, who would possibly know that you killed somebody in TG or in MB. If you magically lose sl for killing somebody in a place like TG, then I see no reason to not implement the suggested system. It would be so much fun to have statistics like that. True, people won't be able to brag mindlessly knowing full well that nobody can really disprove them; I see no problem with that.

Also, it was already said in this thread that it's possible to prevent exploitation by various methods. Plus, this system can be used to track n00b killers and other criminals. You can look at a citycom and see the history of one's murders before letting him/her into your clan or something. When you get a new job, the company runs background checks on you to make sure you're not some criminal.

I'm all for it :)

ServeX
20-01-04, 10:04
i see no point in this but to boost your ego....what difference does it make if it shows you as the best or worst? who cares in the end.

VetteroX
20-01-04, 10:36
Serve your more sensative then any girl ive ever met. Because I didnt want to join your oversized clan and didnt want to wait a week to do a trade, you take the time now to flame me at every oppertunity... get over it.

Lots of people would like to have a kill tracker, also in an RP sense it would give anti pk people people to hunt down.... make it so , like i said if you killed the same person over and over you wouldnt get credit... and you wouldnt get credit for people more then sat 25 ranks under you... I say this because even a /40 monk can be dangerous, blessed healing you enemies or dbing you etc.

Alex The Great
20-01-04, 10:39
Serve is like that if he does not get his way he cries. Don't worry about it Vet.

g0rt
20-01-04, 10:54
theres a scoresystem in neofrag right? this isn't cs yo....im all for full out pvp, but i say put the time and effort into making the SL system GOOD orsomething like that, not trying to make quake4

and what about the ppus? they get no respect (not that they deserve any anyway, what am i thinking? everyone and thier mom can ppu with holy cath sanc in teh game :rolleyes: )

Psycho_Soldier
20-01-04, 10:59
I don't like this idea. I honestly think it would influence the wrong type of people to play this game and force out the type of people that actually make this game enjoyable. I could already see shit like this in trade "Hawr Hawr j00 fuking carebear! u not keel as meny ppl as me so u fuking suk n00bl3r. get some skillz." etc etc. We already have enough of this shit now, no need to encourage it.

Argent
20-01-04, 12:43
Most idiotic idea ever. And who's behind it? *sigh*

Vetterox, maybe you should find another game to play already, Neo isn't all about kills and deaths and whoever is the best, you know?

robdekoning
20-01-04, 12:48
Originally posted by Kasumi

I agree with you, I'm just going to skip his posts or put him on ignore. All that ego bullshit of him, makes me sick

Willisit
20-01-04, 12:53
I think it'd just make people kill to up a "count". Much like posts on a forum.. sounds like a bad idea to me. O_o

GT_Rince
20-01-04, 13:02
Bad idea imho. No, I don't think it would make NC more like [enter FPS here]... What I think it would do, is further encourage the peeps that PK without thought, to get further into it. I can also see the exploit side where peeps kill alts / mates in order to get to the top of the list.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there something like this that never actually worked? I seem to remember something in Citycom stats showing how many mobs u killed etc... Maybe KK were thinking of introducing it at some stage - I dunno.

Hell, as for the ego boost, isn't that what 90% of the population try to achieve by being best at something? I know some don't play the game that way, but, for example, the largest and strongest clans get an ego boost by seeing all the ops they own - same thing imo.

Punisher-X
20-01-04, 13:08
I think this counter should be implemented for Vett only, along with what I am calling a "nib-counter".
The first counter Vett talks about will record the number of kills he makes when the OTHER person attacks him 1st. The "nib-counter" will record the number of kills Vett makes when HE attacks the other person first (shoots them in the back while hacking, or shoots them while fighting a grim chaser etc etc).
Would be interesting to see if the nib counter would be 5 or 10 fold greater in score than counter 1?

And before you start bashing this post with ur god-almighty ego Vett
1) You have never killed me
2) I have never even seen you.
3) Been playing a year and a coupla months i believe.

That should answer any nib comments about why I suggest the nib-counter for Vett.

Cyphor
20-01-04, 13:09
Saturn fight night = yes good idea

Kill counter = no, i dont know how many people need to have this explained to them but this is a rpg not a first person shooter, how many times you kill people is not important, if you want to run around and pk then good for you glad your enjoying yourself but its not the only point of the game. Yes this is a heavy pvp orriantated game but not to the extent that so much emphasis should be put on random pking. Putting a kill counter in makes as much sense as putting a drom sex counter in :p

And as for it could allow us to track pkers, what about anti-pkers? They might have just as many kills and so its a bad system for telling who is a pker. Also that aside thats what the sl system is for.

numb
20-01-04, 13:13
This isnt exactly very realistic. How would explain how this information is gathered in roleplay terms?

Is there some 'presence' in the wastes that will update the citycom after witnessing every single fight and taking note of how much damage appears to be done?

Cryotchekk
20-01-04, 13:13
vet's kill counter:

killed under rank /40 : 200018414125312359
killed over rank/40 : 14
killed by under rank /40 : 3144
killed by over rank /40 : 3144
under rank /40 ego points gained :1232423523523536436536423523523523EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ezza
20-01-04, 13:16
there was at one point a kill counter on the citycom but it never worked and was removed

Mr_Snow
20-01-04, 13:17
Enough ego and arrogance in the game without bulshit like this to give more people ideas that they are uberer then everyone else by killing anything that moves.

Strych9
20-01-04, 15:46
Oh I know. And then if you kill 3 or more people in a row without dying, the game will yell "RAMPAGE!!!" and everyone will get a message on their screen that says "Vetterox is on a rampage!"

And then we can put little pills on the ground that when you run over them you pick them up, and once you get 100, you can do special combos to make yourself invisible or faster!!!

And we can put red glowing armor on the ground that when you run over it, your armor is boosted.

And we can have boxes of ammo floating about waist high, and when you run through it your ammo gets restocked.

HELL YEAH, THAT WOULD MAKE NEOCRON RULE!!!!

:rolleyes:

Strych9
20-01-04, 15:46
Damn double post. The point?

Go back to playing a normal FPS. Leave Neocron alone.

ezza
20-01-04, 15:51
Originally posted by Strych9
Oh I know. And then if you kill 3 or more people in a row without dying, the game will yell "RAMPAGE!!!" and everyone will get a message on their screen that says "Vetterox is on a rampage!"

And then we can put little pills on the ground that when you run over them you pick them up, and once you get 100, you can do special combos to make yourself invisible or faster!!!

And we can put red glowing armor on the ground that when you run over it, your armor is boosted.

And we can have boxes of ammo floating about waist high, and when you run through it your ammo gets restocked.

HELL YEAH, THAT WOULD MAKE NEOCRON RULE!!!!

:rolleyes: think this should be in the brainport:p

Nexxy
20-01-04, 16:00
For all those people saying a kill counter doesnt belong in a MMORPG then why does probably the most successful modern MMORPG have one? (Lineage 2 BTW and its like fact)

I think its a great idea, just put something in like killing the same person twice within 5 mins doesnt add to your kill count.

Gungnir
20-01-04, 16:27
--

To those that apply: Quit trolling Vet. If you don't like the idea
simply say so, explain a brief reason why and leave it at that
please.

--
Gungnir

El Barto
20-01-04, 16:29
I love it!!!!

Archeus
20-01-04, 16:46
Its a nice idea would require a formula though.

something like...

Number of kills - PK Kills and time between kills ratio. So a high kill to time ratio would lower the score (very high though).

Also pk kills should not be recorded visibly. No form of scoreboard or reward should be given to PK'ing. Faction killing, yes, pk'ing no.

P4mp3rk3
20-01-04, 17:16
didn't read trough all 4 pages cause the replies on first page said enough already

anyway, I'm totally against it. If you want to keep count of how many you've killed, then pick up their dogtags

0 stars tbh imo :p:rolleyes:

Parker
20-01-04, 17:22
I thought we already had a l33t signaller/kill-counter mechanism - it's called trade-nc.

(insta ban to all traders on trade nc!)

John

Lethys
20-01-04, 17:36
OK idea, but it shouldn't record it when you kill people 10 or more levels below you.

Spex
20-01-04, 18:06
*hands Vet pen & paper and says: "Start counting yourself, dude!"*

Some RPGs (single player though) have a mob-kill-counter, too ... but from a certain point on you know yourself you are just a mob-mass-murderer and don't care about the numbers anymore.

Games could use such kill-counts to determine the reactions of NPCs towards players, e.g. changing the price up/down in case of like/dislike of the "actions" of the player up to much more complicated interactions. But beside the shop-thingy Neocron doesn't really offer the infrastructure to use such kind of thing to its full extend.

What's left then? Exactly what you want, Vet, and what use does it have except for your own personal gains? In Neocron there exists so many things which need to be (really) done and which actually would increase the gaming experience compared to kill counters and tons of splattered pixel blood.

jernau
20-01-04, 18:25
I'm not keen on it.

It'll just encourage noob-ganking by morons to boost their stats.

It's not like the game is running short on ego-driven fucktards at the moment. Why breed more?

Furion
20-01-04, 18:30
a kill counter would be handy, but as many people have already pointed out, it would encourage noob ganking, and trying to boost ur "frags"

u have to stop and tell urself sometimes: NC isnt a fully fledged fps, its a mmorpg. treat it like one....

QuantumDelta
20-01-04, 18:48
It has almost no role playing aspects.
Please remember what game yer playin mate, this ain't quake, or CS, or whatever..

Babes
20-01-04, 18:51
Kill Counter...Emm NO THANK YOU.. thats what Dogtags are for if you can be bothered to pick them up.

The thing about Dogtags is they take up space if you could register them at a citycom that would be cool then throw then away.

Maybe even use Dogtags in some sort of Bounty system in regards to - SL people.

But As i Play EVE which has a Bounty System it is open to abuse and is Abused.

In Clan Missions....They City Com gives the clan a Mission...KIll [Insert name of Runner Here ] as he has negative Soul Light or someone Put a Bounty on His Head........The Missions Obeys Faction Rules and can only be taken By a Clan Leader with say at least 30+ members and total Faction Sympathy of 80+ (this encourages that New members have a High Sympathy)

As its a CLAN Mission it is not open to as much to abuse. A Mission Credit is awarded to the clan once complete. So many Mission Credits Say 10 Gives the the clan a selection of Rewards, collected by the leader at HQ. You may Debate what the reward should be..(But dont be greedy) something for the clan as a whole.

Kill counts (DogTags) then would Have some meaning.

Once the Target Runner is Killed he is thrown in OZ Jail for 24 hours (again an abuse stopping measure)

If the MODs Dont Mind im goinf to start a new thread on the subject ..

VVerevvolf
20-01-04, 18:53
Go play CS.

ServeX
20-01-04, 19:51
Serve your more sensative then any girl ive ever met. Because I didnt want to join your oversized clan and didnt want to wait a week to do a trade, you take the time now to flame me at every oppertunity... get over it.

Lots of people would like to have a kill tracker, also in an RP sense it would give anti pk people people to hunt down.... make it so , like i said if you killed the same person over and over you wouldnt get credit... and you wouldnt get credit for people more then sat 25 ranks under you... I say this because even a /40 monk can be dangerous, blessed healing you enemies or dbing you etc.

Vet, I couldn't care less if you joined my clan. There's plenty of great players around besides you. And I clearly stated that I think this is a bad idea because I don't think there should be a competition factor in this game in that sense. All it does is give someone bragging rights, i.e. you. This only really helps out those who are rpkers. Why would you want to help them out? I know I wouldn't want to. And also, this would go against noobies ranks for instance, theres all the more reasons this shouldn't go in, and I defintely am against this.

ServeX
20-01-04, 19:51
double post accidently instead of edit please delete.