PDA

View Full Version : Even out all rare weapons (Damnit!)

Benjie
20-01-04, 01:18
Plasma Cannon, Assult Rifle, Lighting Lance, SMG. They are all used for leveling. A TL 50 is better than a TL30, and rightfully so.

With rares I think it should be a little different. If TL mattered with rares, then everybody would just use 'the best rare weapon they could'........ which in my opinion sucks completely.

So here is my proposal..........

Lower TL rares that have alts like the POT and the Elec' Tempest should be made store bought, because there obviously leveling tools. For example, who in there own right mind would use an electric tempest when they can use a thunderbolt?

Then make all rare teck pistols equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare teck cannons equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare teck melee weapons equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare teck rifles equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare spells equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare non-teck pistols equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare non-teck cannons equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare non-teck melee weapons equally as good for both PVM + PVP.
Then make all rare non-teck rifles equally as good for both PVM + PVP.

POSSIBLE EXEPTION: Take into consideration that some rifles and pistols are Spy Only. and therefore there are teckinally four types of rifles and pistols. The Spy Only pistols would be more powerfull. (which they are ment to be, i think. I may be wrong.)

Each weapon is different in style.
That should be it. Period.
The End.

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 01:21
Exactly. Getting a higher TL weapon rare should not mean more powerful. The incentive for getting those last few levels should be the ability to chop and change your playing styles at will, and to pick more "exciting" loadouts than someone who can only use a Liberator.

Benjie
20-01-04, 01:24
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Exactly. Getting a higher TL weapon rare should not mean more powerful. The incentive for getting those last few levels should be the ability to chop and change your playing styles
*notices that the nail has been hit on the head...*

Zanathos
20-01-04, 01:30
i use a libby and ocationally a blacksun on my PE :p

Oh, and a speed cannon or CS on my tank, dont have any of the other rares yet :p

and those are my only combat chars :/