PDA

View Full Version : Tank Setup

Morganth
19-01-04, 19:43
Can someone give me some guidelines for setting up a tank? Done a PE and Monk so far, thought I would give a tank a go considering as its an alternative class etc.

Mumblyfish
19-01-04, 19:55
What weapon class are you aiming to use? Since this isn't your first character, I'd recommend melee. A lot more variation between characters in that category (personalisation = woo and yay), but heavy is in most cases more effective in PvP.

Morganth
19-01-04, 20:02
I think Melee appeals to me considering as my monk is just "hold mouse button 1 till dead" and my PE is "point, shoot, kill, repeat" whereas melee is running about like a nutter chopping away. I can always LoM melee over to HC.

Now I have that sorted, any tips on INT/DEX/CON setup?

Cytaur
19-01-04, 21:35
if you're going to be melee, then you'll need all your int in hacking, well, where else ?

Psycho_Soldier
19-01-04, 21:41
Originally posted by Cytaur
if you're going to be melee, then you'll need all your int in hacking, well, where else ?

PSI Use.

ezza
19-01-04, 22:02
yup what psycho said there, unless you aint gonna be PvPing with him then hackings good for warbots cos melee is great against the bots.

circle strafe around it hacking away great fun

however if you want to run cast that TL 3 heal then psi use is your friend

MindMaze
20-01-04, 00:14
Originally posted by ezza
however if you want to run cast that TL 3 heal then psi use is your friend

It's impossible to fully run-cast a heal.

ezza
20-01-04, 01:46
Originally posted by MindMaze
It's impossible to fully run-cast a heal. but melee tanks can almost do it, only the slightest of stops

Zanathos
20-01-04, 01:49
you can also EASILY cap melee weapons as there are so many implants that do it that are easily available.

batqueen chest will be a must, high health, agility, athletics, and a good con setup always helps, but please, try to figure that out on your own.

MindMaze
20-01-04, 02:28
Originally posted by ezza
but melee tanks can almost do it, only the slightest of stops

Almost means stopping for a sec to start heal, then keep running. Even my ppu can't run-cast a tl-3 heal.

ezza
20-01-04, 02:29
Originally posted by MindMaze
Almost means stopping for a sec to start heal, then keep running. Even my ppu can't run-cast a tl-3 heal. pfhh well its as close to run casting as you can get, so its run casting :p

Morganth
20-01-04, 03:23
Gonna have a play around based on what you guys have said. What armour should I be looking at when capped?

Valkyrie
20-01-04, 03:34
Originally posted by Morganth
Gonna have a play around based on what you guys have said. What armour should I be looking at when capped?

Melee PA3, 2 pieces of inq 4, 2 pieces of duranium 4, medium energy field belt.

ServeX
20-01-04, 10:14
strength: full heavy combat. Remaining points into transport or resist force. (dosen't really matter one way or another)
psi: 19 ppu, 6 mst, 22 psi power.
intelligence: pure weapon lore, remaining points into psi use.
dextrity: 90 tech, rest agility.
const: ...=p secret

and use devourer no matter what and you'll be kk =p

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 10:35
Originally posted by ServeX

8| Hope you like getting owned!

Psycho_Soldier
20-01-04, 10:35
Originally posted by ServeX
strength: full heavy combat. Remaining points into transport or resist force. (dosen't really matter one way or another)
psi: 19 ppu, 6 mst, 22 psi power.
intelligence: pure weapon lore, remaining points into psi use.
dextrity: 90 tech, rest agility.
const: ...=p secret

No offense meant but that PSI setup is horrible. 33 PPU, 6 mst, 8 PPW, and 40PSU and you can nearly cap RoF on a TL3 heal with 120 freq, at 48/RoF with 483% dmg, you might want to raise it to 50 PSU and get 52 RoF which is cap RoF. You really can't tell that big of a difference in aiming with the loss of weaponlore if you actually got some skill.

Why 90 tech? You said use devourer no matter what, so whats the point of even having tech? Just go pure agility. I think using pure devourer no matter what is kind of stupid though since the range is around 10m with your own buffs.

I suggest get around 85 Tech, you can hit 89 tech with HC1 so you can use malediction and rest into agility, you could lower ATL quite a bit with that much agility.

For armor, I personally use, Duranium 4 helm, Titan Vest (you can use INQ4 vest or find out the best combo for resist) med energy field belt, duranium 4 pants, and heavy INQ boots. You can switch that around with INQ 4 helm, Dur chest, Dur pants, or Dur helm, Dur chest, and INQ4 pants, but isnt that big of a deal. Reason why I use titan is because of the added pierce resist it gives. I take 2 dmg less per liberator burst and when you add up how many it takes to kill me, 2 less damage is quite a bit.

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 10:37
That said, I suppose that a Moonie/Speed Gat/Devourer tank would be somewhat viable. Although bugger knows how much 70 DEX worth of AGL would help.