PDA

View Full Version : [OT - Music] PROBOT

L0KI
19-01-04, 16:28
Well, Probot is...

Dave Grohls vision of a Thrash Metal band. Im not HUGE on thrash metal, except the old Metallica/Pantera stuff.

Dave Grohls breakdown of the Probot album selected tracks:

Originally posted by Dave Grohl @ Amazon.com
Wino (St Vitus, Place Of Skulls) Probot Track: 'Emerald Law "His band The Obsessed were from DC, where I came from.

My hardcore band opened for them in '85, and I know that nobody in their right mind would want to go onstage after The Obsessed. Wino is the godfather of doom music, everything he does from St Vitus to Place Of Skulls has been mind-blowing."

Lemmy (Motorhead) 'Shake Your Blood' "We recorded his track in LA in maybe two takes about a year and a half ago. Until then I'd never met what I'd call a real rock'n'roll hero before. Fuck Elvis and Keith Richards, Lemmy's the king of rock'n'roll - he told me he never considered Motorhead a metal band, he was quite adamant. Lemmy's a living, breathing, drinking and snorting fucking legend. No-one else comes close.

King Diamond (Mercyful Fate) 'Sweet Dreams' "What King Diamond does with his voice is incomprehensible. I was a huge fan of Mercyful Fate's albums like 'Melissa' and 'Don't Break The Oath' ('83 and '84). What he does on the Probot album is so layered and theatrical, it's almost like a Queen record, It's difficult to explain how cool is it to have him singing on a song that I wrote. He's the King."

Max Cavalera Probot Track: 'Red War' "I saw Max in Sepultura on the 'Chaos AD' tour. One of my favourite things about the Probot record is the accent of the singers. Being from Montreal, Snake from Voivod has a strong accent, so does Tom G Warrior (from Switzerland's Celtic Frost). Like Max, the fact that these guys have unusual deliveries only makes them more sinister. They sound like foreign military sergeants barking out orders. Sepultura were always an amazing blend of metal, punk and tribal influences. When 'Roots' came out it changed my entire perception of what was heavy."

For anyone thats wondering..... it isnt a band, its a whole group of artists. Each song performed by different musicians.

I have a leaked CD coming thru the post today/tomorrow, and im wondering if anyone else has listened to it yet?

Pwnage
19-01-04, 18:07
It's OK.

Well... more than OK but you wont see me listening to the CD over and over again.

SorkZmok
19-01-04, 19:19
I`m definitaly gonna buy that thing. And i bet i`m gonna love it. I hope. :D

Man how cool it must be to just call all of your old heros to record some songs with you.

Must...become....rockstar!! ;)