PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Changes to the new Apt Keys

\\Fényx//
19-01-04, 08:17
Okies, If you have a 'ingame business' up and running, this should appeal to you bigtime :) Hows the Idea of being a proper real estate tycoon sound ? The ability to sell other runners apartments of every level at a cosen apt enterance, charging extra for that premium plaza 1 apt, or maybe a P2 apt to those nast TG, well as it stants, on the recent test server patch here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87038) there will be apartment enterace specific key's available for purchase ....

Well What I suggest is this, DONT INTRODUCE THOSE KEYS ! Instead, make a normal key still purchaseable with a random apt enterance as it is now, but, make the key's blueprintable, And when a apartment is rebuilt, let the apartment enterance be selectable, so, if someone wanted to roleplay a estate agent kinda, they could build some of these key's, Ans sell them on, there are definitely some apt enterances that are wanted more than others, for example the plaza 1 enterance opposite crytons, for easy access, who wants to run all the way through viarosso when you can get one in via rosso 1, the apartments in plaza 4 are handy there aswell etc. If you already have 1 in plaza 1, you could buy a few more so that all apts at the same enterance, much more convenient etc :) Anyway, whats your thoughts ? Please vote and rate this thread

Cytaur
19-01-04, 08:47
its cool, but alternative to that is someone becomes a barterer and buys for cheap and sells for more :)

IceStorm
19-01-04, 08:54
Forget making keys. Just getting the location stamped on keys bought for Plaza and Via Rosso without activating them would be enough. (buy key, see location on key after purchase). Right now, we still all live under the as-yet unclarified threat of losing apartments we purchased second-hand (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44395)...

\\Fényx//
19-01-04, 08:59
Originally posted by IceStorm
Forget making keys. Just getting the location stamped on keys bought for Plaza and Via Rosso without activating them would be enough. (buy key, see location on key after purchase). Right now, we still all live under the as-yet unclarified threat of losing apartments we purchased second-hand (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44395)...

Thats how their changing it to, and that warning from Odin is just to the people that are stupid, If you give the key to someone else, They can activate it, the apt's then ok, and they can delete their char without loss of the apt, thats not the point tho, This would be content for constructor and researcher team's that run businesses, atm they can sell turrets to clans and slotted weapons to the rest, and combat vehicles of course, but like I said in the main post, you should be able to buy a key from a diamond vendor but its a random apt location as it currently is, but if that key is researched and rebuilt, the apartment enterance block should be able to me determined the first time the key is used, this would mean people weould be after a high TL researcher and a constructor to get the apt remade and built where they want it :)

IceStorm
19-01-04, 09:39
Thats how their changing it to
The patch notes make it sound like you can buy specific keys, not that you buy a generic key and only get to see its lift location once you buy it (but before activating it). Which is it? My idea gives barterers something to do with their cash, while the test server notes make things boring. :-)

that warning from Odin is just to the people that are stupid, If you give the key to someone else, They can activate it, the apt's then ok, and they can delete their char without loss of the apt, thats not the point tho,
I've asked in threads and PMed Odin for clarification on what happens when a person's account that bought the key is deleted. I've never received confirmation that it doesn't wipe out second-hand keys. I have several second-hand apartments that I now treat as abandoned because no KK official has ever given me a solid answer. Guess we'll find out with DoY...

but if that key is researched and rebuilt, the apartment enterance block should be able to me determined the first time the key is used, this would mean people weould be after a high TL researcher and a constructor to get the apt remade and built where they want it
Keys are only TL100. Why give even more work to researchers and constructors? Give Barterers something to do. I remember Beed from Pluto having a booming business in apartments and apartment auctions until Odin's cryptic warning went in...

\\Fényx//
19-01-04, 10:05
Originally posted by IceStorm
The patch notes make it sound like you can buy specific keys, not that you buy a generic key and only get to see its lift location once you buy it (but before activating it). Which is it? My idea gives barterers something to do with their cash, while the test server notes make things boring. :-)

I've asked in threads and PMed Odin for clarification on what happens when a person's account that bought the key is deleted. I've never received confirmation that it doesn't wipe out second-hand keys. I have several second-hand apartments that I now treat as abandoned because no KK official has ever given me a solid answer. Guess we'll find out with DoY...

Keys are only TL100. Why give even more work to researchers and constructors? Give Barterers something to do. I remember Beed from Pluto having a booming business in apartments and apartment auctions until Odin's cryptic warning went in...

Yea in the patch notes you buy the specific apt from the vendor, theres one for each block, like you buy a daton hale lvl 3 apartment, random apt enterance

With the apartment transfer thingy, theres no problems there atall, Alot of times ive held a friends apartment key's, registerd them on my char, he's gone and rerolled his, and given the keys back afterwards without any problems atall, Just make sure that the guy holding the keys for the guy thats rerolling can open cabinets etc to confirm its transferred OK :)

Make the Keys like TL 150 or something .....