PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going for WoW?

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 03:32
Well, just thought to ask you ppl if you're going to play WoW!? I will. And no, this ain't thread about how some of you ppl don't like the "turn-based" fighting mode. So if you wont play the game then move on to some other thread!

Thank you.

Marx
19-01-04, 03:41
i'll play a turn style game... if it's called fallout.

;)

Valkyrie
19-01-04, 03:46
I didn't really mind turn based in AO, but in SWG it sucked, and I wasn't so keen on it in KOTOR.

[edit]Oh yeah, I'm certainly gunna play wow, whatever it is. I didn't just post here to whine about turn based comat. Oh no.[edit]

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 03:52
Originally posted by Valkyrie
I didn't really mind turn based in AO, but in SWG it sucked, and I wasn't so keen on it in KOTOR.

Are you guys blind??? Can't you really see that really fucking huge text in my first post? Now look at it... and what does it say? And you don't have to answer that question by postin it here :) Just move on if you won't play the game :)

Marx
19-01-04, 03:54
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
marx <3 me & wow

what about it?

o_O

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 03:56
Originally posted by Marx
What about it?

o_O

Dude... I'm asking you to edit that post.

Thank you.

Marx
19-01-04, 03:59
i did edit it.

o_O

L0KI
19-01-04, 04:01
one of my m8s is testing it alpha... offline. browsing the world etc.

He says it looks ace!

ill certainly TRY it. As i do all MMO's. Whether ill sign up for more than 1 month im yet to find out.

gostly
19-01-04, 04:02
lol marx...:lol:

anyways, ill try WoW out...if i get in beta (doubt it)...or when it hits retail...i dont mind turn based games anymore...first one i really even got used to and liked was asheron's call2...and then swg...and then ffxi...but before those i hated turn based...

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 04:03
Originally posted by L0KI

He says it looks ace!

ill certainly TRY it. As i do all MMO's. Whether ill sign up for more than 1 month im yet to find out.

Cool. Maybe we'll see there then ;) I'll sign up for Europe beta testing as soon as it's possible.

@Marx: *sigh* You know... some people have this thing called reason they like to use.

Sealdude
19-01-04, 04:04
You know we are saying that we hate turn based just because you said we werent allowed to ;) Im with gostly and loki, I will try it but I never quite got used to the idea of "jumping into combat" like it is.

Psycho Killa
19-01-04, 04:09
Imma give it a try but seriously neocrons pvp/fps has spoiled me forever.

That and there pvp system seems like it will be carebeartised.

joran420
19-01-04, 04:10
I heard from a friend of this chicks uncles brother in laws sisters dauter's boyfriend that WoW sucks so im not gonna play it

kthxbye

Marx
19-01-04, 04:18
@Marx: *sigh* You know... some people have this thing called reason they like to use.

http://www.ymg.urban.ne.jp/home/keng/cd/reason.jpg

<3

and yeah, i'll be trying wow for the same reasons as most: experimentation. word around town is it's pretty kickass, and kickass = worth my time.

so no, i'm not a rampant 'anything other than neocron is bad' trooper.

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 04:42
Originally posted by joran420
I heard from a friend of this chicks uncles brother in laws sisters dauter's boyfriend that WoW sucks so im not gonna play it

kthxbye

So there really is extremely stupid ppl playing neocron. Wow! I mean WoW! Look at him trolling. Now that is a rare skill :rolleyes:

ZoneVortex
19-01-04, 04:55
turn based combat is great really, though real time is also nice

i played with turn based in FFXI but quit after not too long, not because of the combat though, more xause of the xp loss at death but that's another story

me and all my friends on pluto will be atleast trying out WOW when it comes out

Marx
19-01-04, 04:57
So there really is extremely stupid ppl playing neocron. Wow! I mean WoW! Look at him trolling. Now that is a rare skill :rolleyes:

humor.

=/

Lenard
19-01-04, 05:08
I plan on moving to WoW. Right now I'm playing WISH though and its totally awesome.

Anna
19-01-04, 07:18
i wonna do the WoW beta :)

but if i remember correctly it was ony for US ppl, so that would be wishfull thinking on my part :(

Heavyporker
19-01-04, 07:43
I have to say WoW looks very... sexy... ssss! Dunno if I *will* play it.. but its certainly worth the try.

-=Blasehase=-
19-01-04, 09:41
Originally posted by L0KI

now u can play online... but only walk arround and chat ;)

in the next few days i think he can do the first fight against mobs online ;)

Original monk
19-01-04, 09:50
i never played the regular ones so i wont be playing the online version but i checked out some screens and such and it looks very nice :)

g0rt
19-01-04, 09:58
wow is my next game

when it comes out, ill be taking a break from neocron.

depending on how good it is, ill either stay or come back to neocron. we'll see.

but its blizzard we're talking about. battle.net is a more stable and bug-free online service then 95% of the worlds mmorpgs....and its FREE! when they have 10$/month from everyone coming thier way, i don't want to even think about how perfect the servers/game itself will be...

also, ive been a warcraft junkie since war1...played it a shitload...played war2 probably more then any other game, with the possible exception of quake, and then played war3 full time for about half a year....i still play it a few times a week atm. warcraft series = win

Richard Slade
19-01-04, 13:11
I'm onto it as a dog is to my crotch
However I dunno how much I'll play..
Need some of my favorite beotches with me
You know who you are.
And you gonna die, friend!

But for now.
Compy upgrade.
Get internet con. for new apt.
(Switched from a Via 2 to a OZ... Well it works..)
And then might look at SW:G.
Me wanna try it atleast.

GT_Rince
19-01-04, 13:19
So if you wont play the game then move on to some other thread!

Thank you.

No, I won't be playing it - just thought I would let you know ;)

•Super|\|ova•
19-01-04, 14:04
Originally posted by Anna
i wonna do the WoW beta :)

but if i remember correctly it was ony for US ppl, so that would be wishfull thinking on my part :(

Nope, there is beta for europeans also. It's just that the US beta starts earlier than the european one.

@Rince: You bastard! How dare you? I challenge you to suck my balls! :lol:

X Kitty X
19-01-04, 14:19
It looks better than any other MMORPG in existance so I'll be there. So polished it shines.

GT_Rince
19-01-04, 14:22

@Rince: You bastard! How dare you? I challenge you to suck my balls! :lol:

Do you mind if I decline that offer? :p

Edit-----

Actually, I have no idea what game it is - anyone got a link ?

Nexxy
19-01-04, 14:30
Im gunna try out WoW, it looks quite good. Like the sound of the race mounts and crap...Though atm playing lineage 2 and its been alot of fun, so depends when NA L2 beta starts...

J. Folsom
19-01-04, 14:31
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Actually, I have no idea what game it is - anyone got a link ? Here you go. (http://www.blizzard.com/wow)

Samhain
19-01-04, 14:48
Blizzard's main problem is they produce the most notoriously cookie-cutter friendly games in the market. eg. StarCraft/Diablo 2 all had the absolute "best" things you "had" to do, such as in StarCraft you had certain buildings patterns that were absolutely essential... and Diablo 2, everyone had the same build if they wanted to be competative (orb + thunderstorm for sorcs). Hopefully they will be able to break free from this with an MMORPG... I'll definately give it a chance though, all of their games have been fun, just lacked replay value.

t0tt3
19-01-04, 15:13
What can I say GIMME :D

ME <3 Blizzard
http://www.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/301.jpg

Samhain
19-01-04, 15:25
that's nice and everything... but we need some MMORPG action with engines like THIS:

http://www.fraggamers.com/gallery_xfc/albums/newss/far_cry09.jpg

Beanie McChimp
19-01-04, 20:00
I honestly didn't know it was turn based but it does look good.

Morganth
19-01-04, 20:11
Its looks like a good game, and the skills and sub skills look great. I will probably try it out but no idea whether I will play for any longer than a trial period. It looks good from the point of view that you have more sub classes like alchemist, armourer and blacksmith etc.

Cliffraiser
19-01-04, 20:19
warcraft sux :rolleyes:

-=Blasehase=-
19-01-04, 20:48
when they make the whole game as detailed as the worldmap, then its weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

u cant run around for 30 seconds and get no small detail in the terrain

http://home.pages.at/smoker/wow/00.jpg

Cruzbroker
19-01-04, 22:40
Yeah, Me and some my friends are going on the Good side..

The reason: There might be lot of kids "being cool" and joining EVIL..

<3 Blizzard :p