PDA

View Full Version : Slasher needs a boost

gostly
19-01-04, 03:02
i checked a few things...

using regular ammo...it does 52 energy dmg

using any other ammo...it's 23 + 19(whatever it's modded with like fire/xray/energy)

ok...and comparing to liberator...

using regular ammo...it does 56 peircing dmg

using any other ammo...its 34 + 30(fire/xray etc)

now i understand that slasher is faster then liberator...but the dmg output is crap...and it seems that you get less dmg if you put an ammo mod on it...

i mean comeon...slasher is TL 113, lib is TL 91

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/werd/slash4slot.jpg

yea this thing will sit in my gogo from now on...please boost it ;\

gostly
19-01-04, 03:36
who voted no ;\

and whyyyyyyy

Lagos
19-01-04, 03:42
Originally posted by gostly
who voted no ;\

and whyyyyyyy

I voted no, because you suck.

Marx
19-01-04, 03:46
i voted yes because lagos sucks.

Sealdude
19-01-04, 04:05
I voted for I can count because I hate all of you and you all suck.

Nvidia
19-01-04, 04:05
Slasher needs a HUGE boost.

When my spy character was pistols, I did MORE damage when it was unmodded than when I modded it...

Even then, the damage was pathetic. Nothing when you compare it to its older brother, the Disruptor.

It was fun though. Full runspeed with it out, shot fast as fuck, and didn't drain stamina...

But even then, people laughed at me for using it :(

So, fuck yes, you got my vote.

Boost that som'bitch

5 Stars

Marx
19-01-04, 04:06
Originally posted by Sealdude
I voted for I can count because I hate all of you and you all suck.

fair enough.

5 stahs.

gostly
19-01-04, 04:14
thing is...i watched a spy use one on a n00b ppu(like 30+)...he had to chase her around for fuckin ever...the shots were hitting...but it was doing shit dmg...

ive tryed using slasher in pvm...and it's such crap...pvp same thing...it really needs a boost :rolleyes:

Morris
19-01-04, 04:28
Capped dmg and 400/min on my Slasher with self buffs and its effectiveness is laughable. Even though I love the gun, lately I've been finding less and less excuses to use it. It now sits in my gogo next to my Beam of Hell, purely for doodling around in PP or a change of pace. It does have nice range, but that's only really advantageous against pistol PEs and tanks, both of which are able to chase down most combat spies quite easily :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
19-01-04, 04:52
Pistol spies should do APU damage IMO. I mean like a high ass dex gun, like TL 121. That should do like HL style damage IMO.

VetteroX
19-01-04, 05:01
Shadow... i agree with some of your stuff like nerfing ppus but I REALLY pray you dont have much influence over a dev or something... if the changes you want were made to this game, Id leave immedietly...I wouldnt even attempt to "adapt" spies with apu damage, rare poison beam, poison made stronger, pes weakened... sounds like hell.

But yes, all pusle laser pistols could use a small... a small boost. I think their intent is to do great damage overtime, not a hit and run weapon but to be great with sustained fire.

Spectra260
19-01-04, 05:03
i voted no because i think its kinda fine as is...

i mean that thing does shoot hella fast...

but i guess a little boost wouldnt hurt... but then i think CS needs improving too:p

Marx
19-01-04, 05:06
i mean that thing does shoot hella fast

so does a double barreled full auto .22

but they're both comparitively lacking in terms of damage.

its pathetic considering its tl and pistol req.

Spectra260
19-01-04, 05:07
Originally posted by Marx
so does a double barreled full auto .22

but they're both comparitively lacking in terms of damage.

its pathetic considering its tl and pistol req.

yea i do agree, but i also think that spys shouldnt be able to fucking take down a tank.

sorry i just dont....

i mean...maybe if it was two spys, then yea i guess...but not just one...

Marx
19-01-04, 05:12

well, this is of course assuming the spy doesn't die due to its craptacular con and psi shite.

frankly i think the damage should be upped because in most cases tank > spy anyway.

Spectra260
19-01-04, 05:14
yea, i said i woulndt even really care if it was boosted, it makes sence to since its so high of TL... but i dunno...you cant really expect to have a good PvP spy, youll always be weak...espeically with pistols...

and im tired so im making so sence...not even to myself...

i think ill go to sleep nowo_O

L0KI
19-01-04, 05:36
Last i heard its simply bugged.

Drexel
19-01-04, 05:37
WTF is up with tech pistols ?

They are completely fucked.

I do 30 % more damage with my TL 41 Automatic pistol versus the TL 46 Ryker Glare pistol, ??? :confused:

So why would i put precious points into T-C to use a weaker item.

& the slasher is 20, thats TWENTY dex levels higher than the Lib, now the Lib does 66000 damage per minute & the Slasher does 61000, why would i ever bother capping my character right out just to use the slasher when i can cap a lib & still do a tradeskill ?

Fix em !!!

We need Callash's TL adjustments to all weapons & we need it soon.

Morris
19-01-04, 07:01
Originally posted by Drexel
the slasher is 20, thats TWENTY dex levels higher than the Lib, now the Lib does 66000 damage per minute & the Slasher does 61000, why would i ever bother capping my character right out just to use the slasher when i can cap a lib & still do a tradeskill ?

That's not quite accurate, since you're apparently basing it on ems.ru.

Kurai was kind enough to do the calculations for us here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85654) (emphasis added):

Silent Hunter (TL-111) 15,000
Pain Easer (TL-93) 29,000
First Love (TL-114) 36,500
Disruptor (TL-115) 40,000
Liberator (TL-91) 41,000
Slasher (TL-113) 41,500
Ray of God (TL-98) 41,500
Cursed Soul (TL-105) 46,000
Ray Last Hope (TL-108) 52,000
Toxic Beam (TL-82) 56,000
Fire Apocalpse (TL-103) 128,500
Holy Lightning (TL-101) 169,000

Notice that the Slasher is bracketed by items both with TLs in the 90s :wtf: You're never going to get the full 41,500 dmg/min on the Slasher because you're never going to fully cap one -- my spy with over 180 pc (self buffs, gimped agl) only gets 400/min out of a possible 492. Even a pistol 3, which puts me close to 200 pc, only gives me 460/min. Most PEs aim to completely cap a Libby, or at least come close.

LTA
19-01-04, 07:02
Originally posted by Drexel

We need Callash's TL adjustments to all weapons & we need it soon.

Lupus did it not callash :p

Mumblyfish
19-01-04, 11:17
Good God, pistol spies need a crazy damage increase. Not quite APU proportions (since they can use stealth II and still be effective), but if I sneak up on a tank and empty an entire CLIP into his back before he turns around, I should at least get close to a kill. Not just over 100 damage.

Why should a tank have high defense and high offense, when a pistol spy has to live with terrible stats on both counts?

Jadin Eleazar
19-01-04, 11:34
It still seems that the pulse laser pistols are bugged (after how many patches :mad: ).
I vote for a debugging and slight damage increase (no more than 5%) but also for lowering the rof since it doesnt make a difference whether you have 370r/min or 420r/min. The server simply "forgets" every shot above 350 or so.

Just my 2 cents

Mr_Snow
19-01-04, 11:55
Originally posted by Spectra260
yea i do agree, but i also think that spys shouldnt be able to fucking take down a tank.

sorry i just dont....

I take down tanks and apus on my spy with a RoLH anyway so boosting slasher wont make a difference, the only reason people think spies suck is cos they suck with spies

Originally posted by L0KI
Last i heard its simply bugged.

The bug is that it shoots too fast for the game engine to register since the game engine was built to register, the highest rof to be the libbies 370 per min so it doesnt count any shot over that rof and also the graphics are too slow so shows it firing after you stopped and through clip changing.

Basically the only use I have for a slasher is to piss off Quoth when levelling which it is worth doing sometimes.

Originally posted by VetteroX
Shadow... i agree with some of your stuff like nerfing ppus but I REALLY pray you dont have much influence over a dev or something... if the changes you want were made to this game, Id leave immedietly...I wouldnt even attempt to "adapt" spies with apu damage, rare poison beam, poison made stronger, pes weakened... sounds like hell.

But yes, all pusle laser pistols could use a small... a small boost. I think their intent is to do great damage overtime, not a hit and run weapon but to be great with sustained fire.

You just dont want anything changed that will make your life harder by boosting other classes or by making your favoured classes weaker or making it essential for you to spec poison resist.

rubaduckythug
19-01-04, 12:39
I agree give the slasher a boost:cool:

Shadow Dancer
19-01-04, 15:14
Ok apu damage was an exaggeration, :p. But I do think they should have a very high damage output.

Originally posted by VetteroX

PEs weakened? Where did I want pes weakened? Or poison made stronger? Scared your little magical setup might not be able to protect anything? Or that spies would start giving you a challenge now? Look at your tiny mindset. Stealthing spies are "pussies", LE players are carebare cowards, etc.... Puh leeze vet, you only give a shit about yourself.

Talking out of your ass again Vet? Please, after what you said I would love to have influence over a dev just so that you would leave. Another selfish clueless player gone. Sounds good to me.

:rolleyes:

LTA
19-01-04, 15:51
Well Lupus is sorta here n there now he was on irc yesterday and he's still doing those changes and overall they looked good and slasher is set for boosting (as it should).
A-lot of other weapon changes there to but i think it's just a case of patience

cRazy2003
19-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Lagos

i know that wasnt a very nice and pointless post but that was so god damn fucking funny :lol: :lol:

cRazy2003
19-01-04, 19:27
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
I take down tanks and apus on my spy with a RoLH anyway so boosting slasher wont make a difference, the only reason people think spies suck is cos they suck with spies

ya but its a fact that spies con, str and psi suck a lot so they cant use decent armour (not even light inq boots without str imps)
there con isnt even high enuf to cap ath and still have good resists and body health and we cant even use shelter without drugs which fucks our sight up after a few mins. :(

Scikar
19-01-04, 20:09
Damage in info window != actual damage dealt by weapon.

Mr_Snow
20-01-04, 11:24
Originally posted by cRazy2003
ya but its a fact that spies con, str and psi suck a lot so they cant use decent armour (not even light inq boots without str imps)
there con isnt even high enuf to cap ath and still have good resists and body health and we cant even use shelter without drugs which fucks our sight up after a few mins. :(

The only way to get a really good resist spy and one that is fast to to drug alot and normally not cap freq on higher weapons.

In combat I take white and redflash for agility more then the dex, beast so I can wear inq 1 armour all round and detrosol forte to self-cast shelter.

But spies shouldnt be such fucked up drug whores to be good in combat maybe if they introduced armour that had an int and dex req on it resists might be easier to work out and bea ble to avoid drugging so much but I doubt as to whether that will ever happen.

Scikar
20-01-04, 13:59
Also @ Morris: Slasher is only just beneath Liberator. Now look at accuracy - does Slasher miss nearly as much as the Lib? Also Slasher has a higher burst bonus. Overall that makes it considerably more powerful than Liberator. With its high accuracy due to 0 recoil I would say it's not too bad.

What does interest me is RoLH having a higher damage output than CS.

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 14:02
That's assuming that the ROLH user is at point blank range, using the ROLH bonus to full potential.

Anyway, only people who can use ROLH even REMOTELY well are spies. Pistol spies. So it's pretty fair that when capped it does more damage than a CS, considering that the person using it will drop like a brick.

Scikar
20-01-04, 14:06
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
That's assuming that the ROLH user is at point blank range, using the ROLH bonus to full potential.

Anyway, only people who can use ROLH even REMOTELY well are spies. Pistol spies. So it's pretty fair that when capped it does more damage than a CS, considering that the person using it will drop like a brick.

But you're forgetting that RoLH doesn't miss.

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 14:07
No I'm not, it should have great accuracy. A capped ROLH should do INFINATELY more damage than a capped CS, since the user will likely have close to bugger all defense.

Shadow Dancer
20-01-04, 14:09
No I'm not, it should have great accuracy. A capped ROLH should do INFINATELY more damage than a capped CS, since the user will likely have close to bugger all defense.

So spies and apus outdamage tanks with pes and ppus outTANKing them in terms of defense?

Wtf is the point of tanks then?

Scikar
20-01-04, 14:13

Bugger all defence? SA or SF+pistol PA3 = enough DEX for RoLH. Throw on top PPR, Moveon, Strength booster 3. Pop beast. Use heavy energy belt and Inq 1. Destrosol Forte for shelter. Resist setup with some energy, plenty fire. Moveon helps you get nice health. As spy, 114 resist force isn't a problem. On top of that, stealth. Now tell me that's bugger all defence.

Mr_Snow
20-01-04, 14:17
Actually the RoLH should do a little less damage then a CS because a CS is a heavy weapon which is meant to shoot insanely fast do lots of damage but be amazingly accurate while pistols are meant to do okay damage but only be accurate at close ranges and not have a speed drop.

In no way should a spy be able to outdamage a tank as a PE can but spies have to rely on speed accuaracy and surprise ie stealth to the back of the tank and open up on them.Killing them with tactics instead of charging in bull headed as tanks do.

gostly
20-01-04, 14:39
Slasher is only just beneath Liberator. Now look at accuracy - does Slasher miss nearly as much as the Lib? Also Slasher has a higher burst bonus. Overall that makes it considerably more powerful than Liberator. With its high accuracy due to 0 recoil I would say it's not too bad.

have you actually used one of these or what?...the higher burst isnt that great...since it fires too fast that the engine doesnt keep up with it...i'd rather have it decreased to around libs rof and get a dmg boost...

TL 91
TL 113

22 TL difference...same clip size...same reload time...so when the dmg is less then a lib...why use it?...it's rof is only about 30-50/min more then a lib...

yea dont give us spies a boost...cuz god knows we can drug to hell and be amazing in combat...ffs :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
20-01-04, 14:42
To be frank, if they made the Slasher UNIQUE (rather than a high-tech Liberator clone), then maybe these problems would go away. IE instead of making it a SMG clone, get rid of the reload on it. Still eats away at clips, but a reload time of absolutely zero.

If they did stuff like that to make every rare unique, it'd sure add a whole lot to the battlefield.

Shadow Dancer
20-01-04, 14:43
AMEN mumbly. Like giving the wyatt earp PSI style aiming.

Stuff like that.

-=Blasehase=-
20-01-04, 15:02
Originally posted by Lagos

just give it a better aim....

my terminator got a better aim than the slasher... and its a rifle

lower the frequency a little bit and boost the dmg equal to the lower freq [cause lags... on a ping higher than 80 the server dont recognise all the hits... on a ping lower then 80 it works fine]

and give it a reload animation

then the slasher seems to be fine

Scikar
20-01-04, 16:39
have you actually used one of these or what?...the higher burst isnt that great...since it fires too fast that the engine doesnt keep up with it...i'd rather have it decreased to around libs rof and get a dmg boost...

TL 91
TL 113

22 TL difference...same clip size...same reload time...so when the dmg is less then a lib...why use it?...it's rof is only about 30-50/min more then a lib...

yea dont give us spies a boost...cuz god knows we can drug to hell and be amazing in combat...ffs :rolleyes:

Go find out what burst bonus is, then come back. HINT: burst bonus is not RoF.

gostly
20-01-04, 23:15
Go find out what burst bonus is, then come back. HINT: burst bonus is not RoF.

i know what burst is...it fires at 4 each burst...same as lib...what's the point?...like i said earlier the RoF is too fast...so burst keep stacking on top of each other...the game cant keep up...are you saying that a bug is a feature?

Scikar
20-01-04, 23:23
i know what burst is...it fires at 4 each burst...same as lib...what's the point?...like i said earlier the RoF is too fast...so burst keep stacking on top of each other...the game cant keep up...are you saying that a bug is a feature?

No, from this post you clearly do not know what burst bonus is. Do a search, read the very first post where it was introduced, then read how it was changed for the Liberator, and then you will understand.

Blunt
20-01-04, 23:45
What about the Executioner and the Beam of hell and the Wyatt earp?
They need loving too. Sex the pistols up good! Why do they bother to call pistol spies "assassins"?

gostly
20-01-04, 23:48
god this forum is a headache...

i searched...couldnt find it...dunno what you're talkin about...ffs...cant you just tell me what you're talkin about instead of making me try to find it...

reguardless of what you're talkin about tho...ive used the slasher...and i still think it needs a dmg boost...ffs i mean comeon, you even said yourself that the weapon's dmg is below that of the liberator...but it needs to be higher then lib...why the fuck should i have a pistol spy if PE's can get the lower TL pistols...and still do more dmg then me when im using higher TL pistols that they cant use without drugging...

ive got a pistol PE and pistol Spy...so im not trying to start up anything about nerfing PE's...i just wanna know why spy's get the high TL shitty weapons...executioner is crap slasher is crap...and people are actually against boosting slasher's dmg? are people actually afraid of Spy's? i wouldnt understand why...i mean i dont know many people that get stuck alone against a spy and request backup...

StrongSad
20-01-04, 23:53
So you quad drugged eh mr.snow. Sounds like fun. Ever been to an op war? :rolleyes: :lol:

gostly
20-01-04, 23:57
lol...anyways

new test server patch

Reduced ROF of pulselaser pistols and increased damage.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Scikar
20-01-04, 23:57
I found it a while back, maybe the original post has been deleted. Burst bonus is this:

For a burst fire weapon, each additional shot after the first is 28% less likely to hit, but deals 28% more damage. This is why a 4 hit burst from CS deals considerably more damage than a 3 hit burst. The Liberator is exactly the same, except it gains only a 20% bonus in damage with each shot. It also explains why CS shots miss just as often as Liberator shots do (when reticle is closed the same amount).

For beam weapons, e.g. rayguns, beam laser weapons, the bonus works the opposite way around. Each additional shot is more accurate but less powerful, I think the figure is only about 10% though. This results in weapons like RoLH and RoG being extremely accurate (if you hit with the first, the second is pretty much guaranteed), but since they only fire 2 shots the second doesn't really have a significant damage penalty. Laser beam weapons like Healing Light however end up dealing quite a bit less damage with the last 'shot' of the burst.

Burst bonus only applies in PvP though, and only on a per burst basis.

EDIT: Also sorry for being an asshole about it. :)

Morris
21-01-04, 00:38
Originally posted by Scikar
Also @ Morris: Slasher is only just beneath Liberator. Now look at accuracy - does Slasher miss nearly as much as the Lib? Also Slasher has a higher burst bonus. Overall that makes it considerably more powerful than Liberator. With its high accuracy due to 0 recoil I would say it's not too bad.

Slasher does miss a great deal -- not as much as the lib, but its miss rate is still fairly high (this is on a full artifact slasher with over 180 pc and 170 wep). As I said (and Kurai said), those figures also assume capped RoF on both weapons. Most PEs aim to cap (or nearly so) a Lib's RoF with their own buffs. My spy gets 400/min out of 492 possible with self buffs, and 462/min with a pistol 3. So knock off 20% of the damage in the table (more if what people are saying about the bugged RoF is true). It's more fun than the RoLH because it sounds vicious and all those red bolts look cool... past that there's really no reason to not use the RoLH :(

Scikar
21-01-04, 00:43
Well yeah RoLH is still better than Slasher. But in the same vein Malediction is better than Doom Beamer, FL is better than Disruptor (IMO at least, I know some people prefer D), HL is better than FA.