PDA

View Full Version : PPU leveling idea Raise Dead on mobs

Biznatchy
18-01-04, 20:12
Ill admit right up front im stealing this idea from the Diablo II necro class.

It would be cool if a ppu monk could raise a dead mobs and take limited control over it. Then be able to buff and heal them. Lets say just for leveling it would be cool as hell to go into the Swamp Caves and with a soul cluster and say parashock kill one creature. Raise him and then storm the rest of the cave raising creatures as you go. Now lets just say you would have to have a higher PSI level then the mob you wanted to raise.

Now for PVP balance i dont think this does to much as mobs die really fast to any pvp type setup. I mean really do warbots really scare a guy with a cursed soul and a ppu monk with him.

This would solve the problem of how to level a ppu monk since going hybrind and loming is just silly. I woke up and logged in my ppu and late last night couldnt sleep and was just looking for a way to level and this hit me.

bounty
18-01-04, 20:15
Giving us ppu monks a fun way to level? bah! *****

Shadow Dancer
18-01-04, 20:17
Excellent idea. 5 star

Benjie
18-01-04, 20:23
Good idea as long as the mobs inventory doesn't reset. But it would FUBAR cave runs... =/

Actually I vote no. too many side effects. **2stars

Sefran
18-01-04, 20:25
Lag, lag & lag so no there is no place for such thing in nc :/

Biznatchy
18-01-04, 20:26
Originally posted by Benjie
Good idea as long as the mobs inventory doesn't reset. But it would FUBAR cave runs... =/

Actually I vote no. too many side effects. **2stars

First Raised mobs have zero inventory and just fade as the spell duration expires on them.

What side effects please explain.

LTA
18-01-04, 20:29
lol kill and raise some Grim Chasers at a cycrow !

Funny but maybe should not work in caves for obvious reasons bar that sounds fun and could be a good way

Benjie
18-01-04, 20:36
Originally posted by Biznatchy
What side effects please explain.
Your right, I was under the impression that people could ressurect cave boss mobs and take there loot more.

People could use it to piss people off with cave runs, lagging behing then ressing a mob so it doesn't reset. Infact it could be used in place of the old "Dying with LE in and refusing to select a Gen Rep" trickery.

Other than that, it's fine.

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 20:41
While it seems a fun idea, there'd probably have to be some limitations on it, to prevent trouble.

Something like these (Side-note: Some of them might have to picked and mixed, I'm not suggesting all of them should be implemented):

A slight constant psi drain while a creature is raised, more creatures means more psi drain, perhaps make it so the psi drain only starts when you are above a certain amount of raised creatures.
With the above idea, make it so that the creatures die again once you're out of psi.
Again, related to the above idea, maybe make the time when it starts draining Psi be dependant on the damage % you get on the spell?
Give a slight chance that while the resurrection is succesful, you don't gain control of the creature, thus meaning you have normally resurrected the enemy, chance would probably be dependant on the damage % you get, as well as the amount of creatures you've already raised.
Make sure the creature abilities do not include the usual spawning abilities.
Perhaps disallow resurection of mechanical creatures? Since it makes no real sense for a monk to resurrect those. Perhaps a repairer yes, but a monk?
Also perhaps make it so that any creature which was resurrected previously cannot be resurrected again.

Without limitations on it, it would cause a lot of lag problems with people raising their own private mob army.

Control should probably be along the same principle as soul cluster control, except that it slightly depends on whether the targetted creature is alive or not which action is taken.

EDIT: Forgot that, resurrected mobs should cease to exist once you leave the zone.

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 20:46
Terrible Idea, where not playing fucking Daoc and Spirit Masters you know.

This game is meant to be gritty, not shitty DaoC and Everquest.

Jesus, whats with the beardy weirdy diablo ideas? they just suck. :wtf:

Biznatchy
18-01-04, 20:47
Ya i like thoes limitations on it. Not sure about the psi drain but what the hell we always have psi boosters so its a bit of a mute point really. I dont think any monk should have more then 3 mobs raised at one time or maby 4. It would be enough of a psi drain just doing damage boost and heals on/for them.

Or maybe just give us a golem to play with. Just some way to level solo besides parashock and SC.

Biznatchy
18-01-04, 20:49
Terrible Idea, where not playing fucking Daoc and Spirit Masters you know.

This game is meant to be gritty, not shitty DaoC and Everquest.

Jesus, whats with the beardy weirdy diablo ideas? they just suck.

So without large clan support how do you level a PPU then. I could just sit outside level spots for hours waiting for people to show up..... nice.

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 20:51
So without large clan support how do you level a PPU then

Easy.

Make him APU, then when you get to 95 psi lom him to PPU.

Or be hybrid.

Or Get a clan.

End of descussion

Lucid Dream
18-01-04, 20:53
PPUs are supposed to be passive psi monks, not tamers.

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 20:55
PPUs are supposed to be passive psi monks, not tamers

In every other Online RPG the healer is a healer, period. U want to level? Join a clan.

Or do as i suggested, stop making the class out to be something else, just because you dont use your heads.

t0rqu3
18-01-04, 20:57
Originally posted by Lucid Dream

Emphasis

Marx
18-01-04, 21:27
Originally posted by Lucid Dream

Can't get more straightforward and honest than this.

alig
18-01-04, 23:24
[B Then be able to buff and heal them.

Now for PVP balance i dont think this does to much as mobs die really fast to any pvp type setup. I mean really do warbots really scare a guy with a cursed soul and a ppu monk with him. [/B]

Would a warbot holy buffed, with a constant holy heal on scare my 20 ranked lower tank? i think so...

everyones been there when a ppu accidently holy shel's a cave 80/80 mob, they take ages to kill....imagine the same thing but on a grim chaser :p

Biznatchy
19-01-04, 00:50
you guys are just haters of a good idea.

just make the mobs not aggress on players, what ever to balance.

CarniFlex
19-01-04, 01:10
Kill mc5 base commander
Raise mc5 base commander
Make mc5 base commander go rampage on all other people and guards inside mc5.
zone and reset mc5 base commander.

rinse and repeat.

alig
19-01-04, 01:15
you guys are just haters of a good idea.

just make the mobs not aggress on players, what ever to balance.

its not that i dont like the idea...its that kk seem to have mega trouble just implenting a pa run/making sure npc's stay the fuck put and not vanish into thin air and never get around to fixin it, so imagine something this extreme...everyone would have to put up with bullshit for about a year, ive been putting up with bullshit from the fatal bug for the last 1.5yrs

rob444
19-01-04, 02:58
Use brainport! Anyway, I've brought up the idea 2 times at brainport and none was as sucessful as this. Dont use brainport!

5 *

Sealdude
19-01-04, 04:11
I also brought up this idea in a thread for APU monks for all those who say it would be bad for PPUs. I like the idea.

Strych9
19-01-04, 15:49
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Easy.

Make him APU, then when you get to 95 psi lom him to PPU.

Or be hybrid.

Or Get a clan.

End of descussion Awesome answer.

"Abuse LOMs. That's how. Duh." :rolleyes:

Oh wait, when asked how to level a pure PPU, answering "Be a hybrid" is even funnier than the LOM abuse comment. Thats like someone asking "How do I construct in neocron?" and you answering "Be a researcher." CLEVER!!!!

The question also said "without LARGE CLAN support"... so "get a clan" isnt really the answer either.

LOL

rob444
19-01-04, 17:30
There should also be a timelimit on the spell, the reanimated mob should die and dissapear after a couple of minutes.

[TgR]KILLER
19-01-04, 17:58
I can see an OP fight @ lets say cyc.. 3 ppu hackers vs 4/5 complete factions..

only the PPU's got like 40 grims doomys leapers and whatever fighting on their side :lol: :lol:

edit.. just dit read something above meh post..

i'v leveled a PURE PPU to holy para in 4 days.. so meh anybody who say u can't level a pure ppu just sucks..

rob444
19-01-04, 18:00
AND you cannot get a renaimated mob to zone to another zone, you must be in the same zone.

Disturbed021
19-01-04, 19:38
How about you can raise ONE mob and it only lasts for like 2-3 mins until they turn to dust?

No zoning or you lose it.

No agro to players unless they damage it.

And you cannot have a SC at the same time.

Sounds good to me.

Cliffraiser
19-01-04, 19:50
Originally posted by LTA
lol kill and raise some Grim Chasers at a cycrow !

Funny but maybe should not work in caves for obvious reasons bar that sounds fun and could be a good way

read his idea, ud have to have a monk with 120 in psi... how many monks have that :D

Hot-Salsa
19-01-04, 19:53
they are medics :P not necros...go play D2 if you wanna ress undeads :P

Clyde
19-01-04, 20:48
I always thought soul clusters should be like drones :cool:

ino
19-01-04, 23:01
Hmm anyone who cant lvl a ppu sucks :) Well there are factors to think about when lvling..

The ppu I got on saturn capped psi in just a couple of days BECAUSE I had a friend at first who started a fresh spy when I started the ppu.. then later on another friend started a apu..

On uranus Im pretty stuck at psi 90ish when im online I dont spam trade or anything like that but I go to the cave in tg and catlock and even crp at times and it's seldom ppl there atleast when I check.. And to lvl with someone killing warbots sucks.. it's almost only cave mobs or dungeon mobs that can get the lvls rising at a decently fast phase.. So the facts

If you cant find ppl to help, you wont lvl.. And for ppl who says go apu first and then ppu or go hybrid.. There are some ppl who dont want to do that ok?. Well then you might boast and say then dont complain :) Well I dont think he complained, just a simple question of how to lvl decently.. If you cant find ppl you are unfortunatly stuck.

About the Idea.. Well I dont know.. I wouldnt want it to be used in fights.. cause even a chaser at half str and half hlt can take awsome ammounts of dmg.. and get a shelter on that damn..

I think replace the Soulcluster with a "summoned" mob *insert mob of choice here* to help you kill other mobs just to help ppu's who dont have a clan or dont want a clan or dont have alot of friends to lvl with.. The sl replacement should only summon one mob and for as long as the soulclusters are lasting today. But with some increased AI :) and a mob who wont run away when getting hit and then never to be seen again ever.