PDA

View Full Version : LE Protection (re: carbonite's thread)

Carinth
18-01-04, 20:09
In the announcement forum Carbonite posted a reminder that using any means to kill a LE is exploiting and you can be banned for doing it: Here is the link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87823)

I fully agree with this, but I have one problem. What if the LE is not so innocent and is actualy participating in PVP? LE's are often used as spies to walk into ops to spy on the enemie's current state. Players will often pop in an LE when they want to go hunting in a dangerous area. Players can even put a LE in when they have red sl, so they can safely do missions to bring it back up. When a LE is purposefuly used by a otherwise PVP oriented player to avoid being killed, something is wrong. In most cases I would never think about killing a LE. But when I'm defending and OP and a former member of the enemy clan has an LE and is taunting us.... That's just not right.

jernau
18-01-04, 20:14
I'd hope the "fix" takes this into consideration in some way. Not too sure how though tbh.

msdong
18-01-04, 20:20
hmm, spying with LE is is not a crime. even when you can not shoot him you turrets do.
it may not be "COOL" to raid turrets with LE but using an exploid against that is not better.

VetteroX
18-01-04, 20:23
sigh... this game is just falling deeper and deeper into the the carebear hole... hey, lets just get the process done with already, cause you know its comming, just take all PvP out of the game and there wont pe any more problems right? Lets not even have shooting mobs anymore, we level by negociating with them and asking them not to attack us.

jernau
18-01-04, 20:26
[ link removed - that was very irresponsible - bear in mind what happened when people used to post "ignore" links... ]

Nidhogg
18-01-04, 20:27
Originally posted by VetteroX
sigh... this game is just falling deeper and deeper into the the carebear hole...There is absolutely no change in policy in Carb's announcement. The killing of LE'd runners is not and has never been allowed.

N

DonnyJepp
18-01-04, 20:37
What about blowing up their vehicles?

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 20:41
Well.

Ive asked loads of APU friends of mine to Kill LE'd runners, especially those that take the piss and those that are spying in OP wars.

Exploit? I dont think so, and dont really care. Im not the one killing them with there LE chip in, but they deserve it if they are being knobs about it

Nidhogg
18-01-04, 20:56
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Well.

Ive asked loads of APU friends of mine to Kill LE'd runners, especially those that take the piss and those that are spying in OP wars.Well if they're stupid enough to get banned for doing something you tell them to do that's their lookout.
Exploit? I dont think soWell it is, so now you know.

N

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 20:58
Exploit? I dont think so

Personal opinion.

Its alright saying its an exploit killing them, what about the LE exploiters who use Soul Clusters and purposefully spy on clans?

its just bollocks.

Carinth
18-01-04, 21:13
Originally posted by msdong
hmm, spying with LE is is not a crime. even when you can not shoot him you turrets do.
it may not be "COOL" to raid turrets with LE but using an exploid against that is not better.

I would say the LE runner is exploiting. He is taking advantage of immortality given by the LE so that he can spy on people his friends are about to attack. They also abuse the LE by hunting at MC5 or similar areas with LE in. They know the place is dangerous and don't want to risk dying. So they switch on immortality to get their chips, then take it out so they can pvp.

I believe the LE should be a life decision. Removing your LE should permanently render you part of the pvp community. With every character I started, I used the LE at lowlvls to level in peace. Then I remove it to join a clan and never ever have put one back on. The only possible reason for going back to LE status is if you were tricked or removed it by accident. It is unfortuanet you will not be able to do the pvp required epics, but you made the decision to avoid pvp. You have to accept limitations, just as much as when DOY comes in, anti city folk have to accept they will nolonger be able to enter NC without being KOS'd.

If a reusable LE must exist, then I would suggest it only has full functionality until you first remove it. Something like the negatives it used to have would then come into effect if you implanted your LE back in. That I can recall, the LE used to lessen exp gained and raised reqs on equipment/armor. Maybe each time you implant your LE back in, it degrades even worse, raising the negatives. The LE is a brainwashing chip afterall. MC5 suggests that runners are kidnapped and implanted to become citizens of Neocron. Placing the chip back in should harm you.

Marx
18-01-04, 21:21
the entire LE spy thing is bullshit anyway peoples.

C'mon, with alot of clans starting to use things like teamspeak, ventrillo, etc... The dead bodies are spying.

'ONOZ, NERF TEH BODIES!'

:rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 21:23
C'mon, with alot of clans starting to use things like teamspeak, ventrillo, etc... The dead bodies are spying.

Hides behind his Microphone :angel: :lol:

Samhain
18-01-04, 22:13
What about LE runners repairing vehicles while non-LE runners gun and kill people?

necrocon
20-01-04, 12:43
VetteroX dammit were not Nato or anything shit man dont make it out worse than it is...

If the LE is in then there not to be killed its simple and EVERYONE knows it and some peeps are not spying and people kill them cause that is there soul mission

do remember while there are carebears that want to nerf pvp into batting with flowers and complain all day

there are also assholes doing everything they can to just kill pure blood lust and are also making more carebears every day

also there blood lust in EXPLOITING like Carbonites thread states will remove PvP

dont exploit murder in fair ways *IE not killing LE players*

and maybe we can keep our beloved PVP

Carinth
20-01-04, 19:56
The current test server patch fixes this problem. Noone over level 30 can implant a LE. Problem solved : )

Spex
20-01-04, 20:34
Now I ask you how that solves the problem? Maybe on a one-char server like Pluto, where most of the population has only one account. But not on 4 char servers like Saturn ... some of the LE related problems can only be solved by removing the LE (at least temporary).

And this "Noone over level 30 can implant a LE." sounds like if I keep it in my head it will stay in or does it get magically destroyed then? And what about those who don't like PvP, but like to do quests, start an epic and then have to kill a runner? I'm very curious about this and the general direction Neocron heads to and what should not be possible at all in this game (e.g. players which don't want to participate in PvP?).

Carinth
20-01-04, 20:51
Originally posted by Spex
Now I ask you how that solves the problem? Maybe on a one-char server like Pluto, where most of the population has only one account. But not on 4 char servers like Saturn ... some of the LE related problems can only be solved by removing the LE (at least temporary).

And this "Noone over level 30 can implant a LE." sounds like if I keep it in my head it will stay in or does it get magically destroyed then? And what about those who don't like PvP, but like to do quests, start an epic and then have to kill a runner? I'm very curious about this and the general direction Neocron heads to and what should not be possible at all in this game (e.g. players which don't want to participate in PvP?).

If you don't remove your LE then you will never have to worry about pvp. That should be fine for those not interested in pvp. Epics are nolonger possible, but you can't join a clan either. Those are sacrifices you make. Be thankful the le nolonger raises weapon requirements and lowers exp gained : )

40$Poser
20-01-04, 21:00
Originally posted by VetteroX
sigh... this game is just falling deeper and deeper into the the carebear hole... hey, lets just get the process done with already, cause you know its comming, just take all PvP out of the game and there wont pe any more problems right? Lets not even have shooting mobs anymore, we level by negociating with them and asking them not to attack us.

lol the new name will be "Bore-o-cron"

One simple suggestion, make turrets untargetable to LEs if the owners of an op can't gank LE runners who choose to be pansies.