PDA

View Full Version : Devourer Getting nerfed???

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 14:31
Ive just read by several people that in the next patch the devourer is getting nerfed.

I quickly replied "its only because of sad people like you that dont spec poison resist, that causes the devourer to do shitloads of damage"

And its as simple as that, to anyone with poison resists its OK dmg, to all those who dont, its insane. But then again, it applies the same to the Poison Beams and Pestilence.

The devourer is probably the most exact weapon for its TL in regards to DMG. It best not be nerfed because of some noobs. :mad:

Mumblyfish
18-01-04, 14:33
It does approximately fuck all poison damage as it is. It only hurts people who don't spec fire as much as energy.

I wonder if anyone's every tried a pure-fire Devourer, rather than hopping on the "OMG POISON!!!!" train.

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 14:35
I wonder if anyone's every tried a pure-fire Devourer, rather than hopping on the "OMG POISON!!!!" train.

I was going to mod my artifact 3 slotter with extra fire mod, but opted for the flashlight :D

It does do pretty good poison dmg, as it must do, cos it hammers my tank (or used to) when I had no poison resist, now its perfect.

t0tt3
18-01-04, 14:36
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
It does approximately fuck all poison damage as it is. It only hurts people who don't spec fire as much as energy.

thats right.. I dont have so much por in my setup but much fire and the devourer I can take at least 9 stacks before I die

Stigmata
18-01-04, 14:38
the devourer is insanely overpowered against all classes, except a tank.

i have poison resist on my tank and the total dmg is roughly the same as CS.

but to spy's pe and monks it does far to much dmg in my opinion.

and its got a low TL.

just my opinion so flame away

\\Fényx//
18-01-04, 14:57
The kerosine mod is pretty damn powerfull... imo its the direct fire damage that does the bulk of it, not the poison like everyone thinks

dmon99
18-01-04, 15:08
ok check this out........

maybe be cause it has such short range it hammers out the dammage hmmmm. makes sense to me , i mean if holy lightning had a 40 meter range i bet would want it to do unholy damage right.... oh im sorry it already ddoes unholy damage as is with damn good range ta boot,

question: how many of you tanks out there have fallen to an un seen holy lightning caster..... paybacks a bitch

REMUS
18-01-04, 15:09
i think if it is the poison dam that rapes, it unbalences set ups because you will take loads of dam off other types of weapons if you spec into it poison.

so what do you accept? bad but full coverage or hope that the guy is a noob and enlarged it rather than used a poison gas mod

this situation is whole reason that i didnt bother with devourers.

t0tt3
18-01-04, 15:11
Originally posted by dmon99
question: how many of you tanks out there have fallen to an un seen holy lightning caster..... paybacks a bitch

Did u see the last patch? :rolleyes:
150 m and be unseen lol yea right...

dmon99
18-01-04, 15:15
ok i can see that it takes away from ur cookiy cutter setups but hey.......... we are not meant to be able to resist every damn damage type out there even tanks suffer from this . as a tank you can only set 3 resists in ur con setup to be realy good and 1 will have to suffer or you could chance it and make them all equal out the same for balance but you just wont get the desired effectivness that ur capable of as a tank, with all average resists

dmon99
18-01-04, 15:19
@ tott3

iv got a monk i been working on and 150m is still good range

ive been on the recieving end and if 150m is the max for HL then 150m ingame is pretty far off i had 200 energy resist at the time and i was dead before i closed the gap between me and the caster ......... he had an insane rate of fire for that HL

L0KI
18-01-04, 15:22
Devourer doesnt need a nerf.

On behalf of FLUX, let me say..

STOP WHINE!

Mumblyfish
18-01-04, 15:26
Originally posted by L0KI
STOP WHINE!

SHINE GET!

ezza
18-01-04, 15:31
Originally posted by stigmata
the devourer is insanely overpowered against all classes, except a tank.

i have poison resist on my tank and the total dmg is roughly the same as CS.

but to spy's pe and monks it does far to much dmg in my opinion.

and its got a low TL.

just my opinion so flame away

but how many spys/Pes/monks actually have adequit(bad spelling i know)poison resist, or good fire resist for that matter

Spoon
18-01-04, 15:33
Sounds like just another rumor, I don't see anything in the Test Server patch notes about a Devourer nerf...........

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 15:34
but how many spys/Pes/monks actually have adequit(bad spelling i know)poison resist, or good fire resist for that matter

100% agree, most PE's and Spys go for bare minimum and they think that is enough.

At least 50 is needed to withstand a large amount of poison, and a large amount of stacks is what a devourer gives.

XanX
18-01-04, 15:41
I love noobie tanks with devourers, they think it pwns cus in NF they were dualing and it was the bomb, and then when I kill 3 or 4 tanks with my CS, they know who to ph34r.

Ther devourer isnt overpowered, its overrated, its just right, in the right hands its evil, in idiots hands it sucks.

And I've seen a bunch of the GLA using them enough to know, that there are idiot tanks all over the place.

The best thing a dev is for is monks, and ppu monks in general, it allows a tank to damage a ppu with buffs, without buffs it rapes ppu's.

So, I think Tank-o-cron is back kinda, but with more balance

and hey, I'm with fang, STOP WHINE!!

Cruzbroker
18-01-04, 15:48
Hahah Devourer sucks :D if ppu gives you haz and you have filter 1, it's enuff..

STOP WHINE!

\\Fényx//
18-01-04, 15:52
Originally posted by XanX
The best thing a dev is for is monks, and ppu monks in general, it allows a tank to damage a ppu with buffs, without buffs it rapes ppu's.STOP WHINE!!

now this was one of the first things i noticed, the poison does jack shite to my PE and my PPU, but when my PPUs antibuffed, even with heal on him devourer does rape...

Buffed PPU has shelter, Shelter protects against Fire and not poison.
Unbuffed PPU has no shelter, so has whatever their natural resists are to fire and poison with no modifier from the shelter.

Its the direct fire damage that does the bulk of it. Trust me guys, go get a kerosine modded one and watch that rape :)

The only think I would watch tho is the Poison gas mod is handy for some dumb PPUs, If you can get ALOT of stacks on them then the poison does really kick in and start to get dangerous, but tbh, its the fire that does the bulk of the damage, not the poison.

General census tho is that its gonna get nerfed like poison beam did, because theres complete tarts out there that cry because something hurts, because they havent specced their resists to fight it ...

Judge
18-01-04, 16:02
I have almost no poison resists and it barely hurts me. Poison beam hurts me more. FFS... don't nerf the bloody gun, its not even that good. Just stay a little bit back from the dude... doesn't it have like a range of 12 or something? And whenever I am fighting someone with it they barely seem to be able to hit me....

No nerf.

Anna
18-01-04, 16:05
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

yeah tested cerosine, napalm and wargas on several classes

one was direct, the other was stack, cant remember exactly which one was what, but the direct sucked donkeyballs and the stack was a little bit better, but still nowhere near wargas

Original monk
18-01-04, 16:10
dev isnt overpowerd ...

atleast the tanks got sumthing now to take revenge on that apu that killed em :)

Rieper
18-01-04, 16:12
actually, i been using CS instead of devourer after i took off my rose tinted glasses. when i first got it it owned as a surprise.. and in tight situations, but i much prefer the CS.. i've been using it for a year, im used to how it feels.. i move better with it

i've changed my resists a bit tho, specced more poison taking about 60-70 dmg from a CS, dunno if thats too high for pp fighting.

t0tt3
18-01-04, 16:21
Originally posted by dmon99
iv got a monk i been working on and 150m is still good range

ive been on the recieving end and if 150m is the max for HL then 150m ingame is pretty far off i had 200 energy resist at the time and i was dead before i closed the gap between me and the caster ......... he had an insane rate of fire for that HL

Was that a overloaded spy? A singel APU need skill to PvP without a PPU they are harmless more or less, if you dont come frmo behind but then again anything is dangerous then..

Ofcourse its the fire.. If I could stack 9 FA on anyone they would yell NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But today its just a lame 120% condition with 120 all stats spell that lays in a gogo :p

Scikar
18-01-04, 16:59
The flamer's damage is affected by range in the same way as raygun and raypistols are. So even if you're at the maximum range you'll half the damage. I find it quite funny that spies and PEs who are barely slowed down, if at all by their weapons can't put a few metres between them and a Tank with a flamer.

Jest
18-01-04, 17:03
Originally posted by Scikar
The flamer's damage is affected by range in the same way as raygun and raypistols are. So even if you're at the maximum range you'll half the damage. I find it quite funny that spies and PEs who are barely slowed down, if at all by their weapons can't put a few metres between them and a Tank with a flamer. Yah I dueled a Dev tank the other day and just kept my distance between him and the gun barely hit me. Really the only time the Dev knocks the crap out of me is in Pepper Park where I have no room to run. (And Im probably getting wailed on by two or three other people as well). The gun seems fine as it is really.

Judge
18-01-04, 17:04
Originally posted by Scikar
The flamer's damage is affected by range in the same way as raygun and raypistols are. So even if you're at the maximum range you'll half the damage. I find it quite funny that spies and PEs who are barely slowed down, if at all by their weapons can't put a few metres between them and a Tank with a flamer.

Exactly.

There really is no need to nerf the Devourer, and if it hurts you then just get some better resists god dammit.

Colt Starling
18-01-04, 19:06
Devourer doesnt need a nerf.

On behalf of FLUX, let me say..

STOP WHINE!

LOL.. you've obviously got one!

I have about 50 poison resist on my 66/55 PPU. I was taken out with this flamer faster than I could use my anti poison spell.

Then the PPU who tried to rez me also died in about 5 seconds.

I then lay flat on the floor watching thes girl tank own almost every fucker who came into the zone at PP.

Overpowered??? You betcha

bounty
18-01-04, 19:10
Something becomes viable and people automatically assume it will be nerfed. Since when is balance something we shouldn't accept?

Psycho Killa
18-01-04, 19:32
The only problem i have with devrouer and stacks in general. Is i CANT SEE MY FUCKIN SHELTER. Why on gods earth do stacks bump my shelter icon up making it impossible to see when my shelter will be coming off when i have a ton of stacks on me. Ive died atleast 2 times like this already and its extremely aggravating. I dont mind dieing by the power of the gun but dieing because i cant see my shelter is retarded.

bounty
18-01-04, 19:33
I agree with you killa, they should just make the stacks maybe a column over from your shelters and heals and buffs.

XanX
18-01-04, 20:07
Originally posted by Colt Starling
LOL.. you've obviously got one!

I have about 50 poison resist on my 66/55 PPU. I was taken out with this flamer faster than I could use my anti poison spell.

Then the PPU who tried to rez me also died in about 5 seconds.

I then lay flat on the floor watching thes girl tank own almost every fucker who came into the zone at PP.

Overpowered??? You betcha

OMG WERE NOT ALLOWED TO KILL PPUS EVER, stfu will you.

Monks have been overpowered for way too long, this is the kick in the head monks have needed for ages.

Sefran
18-01-04, 20:15
If u die in 5 sec with a good speced ppu thats bs, my ppu outheals it with only a belt... And why is it overpowered it has a fucking range of 10m?? HL still does shitloads more dmg so wtf is the problem.

But yeah its overpowered if ur to lazy to move or use anti shock drugs sometimes huh...betcha its overpowered then....

bounty
18-01-04, 20:16
Originally posted by Sefran
If u die in 5 sec with a good speced ppu thats bs, my ppu outheals it with only a belt... And why is it overpowered it has a fucking range of 10m?? HL still does shitloads more dmg so wtf is the problem.

But yeah its overpowered if ur to lazy to move or use anti shock drugs sometimes huh...betcha its overpowered then....

THis surely isn't standing still?

Sefran
18-01-04, 20:20
I can stay VEry long with heal sanc + heal while there using it at me that only with heavy poison belt. Now tank gets a new toy for once and moaning begins already djeez it only has a 10 m range aswell...

And yes standing still i can take alot of bursts

Keiron
18-01-04, 20:40
Coming form a PE with 0 (well -15) poison, Dev's do NOT need a nerf. If someone is stupid enough to stand still and let a tank get that close to them with one of those they deserve to die.

Psycho_Soldier
18-01-04, 20:57
I don't say this often but....

If you think devourer should be nerfed then... STFU n00b!

This damn flamer only has 10m or so on it and with the way the rectile works it has to be fully closed in order for it to do maximum damage. MEANING when a tank is running around you shooting you with flamer the rectile is half or almost fully opened. Only time its truely effective is if you have really good aim and its in a small area or the person is parashocked or standing still so you can get it fully closed.

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 21:00
Just to clear this up, I dont want it nerfing! :eek:

I heard someone on saturn trade going on about its nerf next patch. :mad:

Kal
18-01-04, 21:03
def doesnt neef nerfing, all it takes is a little skill in evading the attack, i have only 25 resist poison and not great resist fire and i ran around for a good 30 secs while a dev tank tryed to kill me (i was healing too) he only managed to take me down to about 100 hp in the end too

DrNarf
18-01-04, 21:15
I have to agree with most of the people here, the devourer does not need nerfing at all, the only bad thing about it is how it spams your buffs off the screen as psycho said earlier.

To be perfectly honest anyone who claims that the devourer kills them in about 5 seconds is either bad at pvp or just has a crap con setup (or both), especially so if you are a ppu. Lots of people are fighting devourer tanks and surviving which PROVES that with a bit of common sense you can win against it. The 'get some skills' attitude sums it up quite nicely, anyone who has any small ammount of common sense would realise how to win vs a tank with a devourer rather than whine about it being overpowered. :rolleyes:

Judge
18-01-04, 21:55
NO NERF. If you die in 5 secs on a PPU then you SUCK!!!

Sorry, but I last for so much longer on my PE ffs.... If I stay about 5-10 meters off I can almost outheal it because it has shit range and shit aiming so it very rarely hits. Also if you have fire resist then it does very little damage... the poison stacks just don't last long enough if you keep moving. If you stop then you deserve to die.

Stigmata
18-01-04, 22:00
I have to agree with most of the people here, the devourer does not need nerfing at all, the only bad thing about it is how it spams your buffs off the screen as psycho said earlier.

To be perfectly honest anyone who claims that the devourer kills them in about 5 seconds is either bad at pvp or just has a crap con setup (or both), especially so if you are a ppu. Lots of people are fighting devourer tanks and surviving which PROVES that with a bit of common sense you can win against it. The 'get some skills' attitude sums it up quite nicely, anyone who has any small ammount of common sense would realise how to win vs a tank with a devourer rather than whine about it being overpowered

tbh i still disagree.

what TL is the devourer ? 98

so if for example there was a pistol or rifle that did that sort of damage, everyone and his mum would call for a nerf.

now im not some pe or spy with a shitty con setup here, im a tank primarily and imo it needs a damage reduction

7 TL's below CS and the damage is as good as it, fuck that makes a lot of sense.

and about people slating ppu's who die to it, get a grip and have a word with yourself, its pointless coming on here and saying "omg im uber i can outheal a devourer" and the "anyone who knows how to fight tank should use range"

it just no feasable unless your dueling.

i have seen countless well known ppu's who are supposed to be the muts nuts die in seconds.

if these people would like to come forward, which they wont becuase they have a tank with the devourer, then you would see how much dmg it actually does.

anyway pointless arguing about it.

IMO Nerf it

simply my opinion

Rieper
18-01-04, 22:06
because if there was a pistol or rifle that did that dmg no one would be able to outrun it with a weapon out.. as it is, any decent pistoler will run backwards with weapon out.

Psycho_Soldier
18-01-04, 22:09
Originally posted by Rieper
because if there was a pistol or rifle that did that dmg no one would be able to outrun it with a weapon out.. as it is, any decent pistoler will run backwards with weapon out.

Exactly and it would probably have much better aiming as well.

ezza
18-01-04, 22:28
with the speed that tanks run at with there gun out, its not hard to avoid the devourer, and if you put a bit of space between you and it, the damage aint much.

if it was a pistol then its more than likely it would do the same damage at any range.

but dev reduces at range(of which it doesnt have much)

Benjie
18-01-04, 22:37
7 TL's below CS and the damage is as good as it, fuck that makes a lot of sense.

Variety my friend... variety.

For once in Neocrons history, not every tank uses a Cursed Soul for PVP, and if thats due to the Devourer being as powerfull as the Cursed Soul, then by GOD do _NOT_ nerf the devourer! If it was nerfed then it would be nothing but a leveling tool. Variety my friend... variety.

Rieper
18-01-04, 22:47
tbh i still disagree.

what TL is the devourer ? 98

so if for example there was a pistol or rifle that did that sort of damage, everyone and his mum would call for a nerf.

now im not some pe or spy with a shitty con setup here, im a tank primarily and imo it needs a damage reduction

and about people slating ppu's who die to it, get a grip and have a word with yourself, its pointless coming on here and saying "omg im uber i can outheal a devourer" and the "anyone who knows how to fight tank should use range"

it just no feasable unless your dueling.

i have seen countless well known ppu's who are supposed to be the muts nuts die in seconds.

if these people would like to come forward, which they wont becuase they have a tank with the devourer, then you would see how much dmg it actually does.

anyway pointless arguing about it.

IMO Nerf it

simply my opinion

RoG vs Healing Light

ROLH vs Beam of Hell.

lower TL, better dmg..

Kal
18-01-04, 22:48
tbh i still disagree.

it has piss poor range and against a moving target is almost imposible to get full damage pottential

tbh i would rather use a decent CS anyday

shrubbery
18-01-04, 23:11
I myself have viper king armor and med poison belt on, with 10 poison resist in con, and It does little dmg to me.. So if your a lowtech PE, life is good. =p

VVerevvolf
18-01-04, 23:22
Def is fine as it is right now.
You stay close to a dev tank -> you're dead.
You keep a little distance -> tank won't hurt you much.

Benjie
18-01-04, 23:24
DG Tank would win against a Dev Tank imo.

coz of the way the flame lags when you turn on a Dev, and the tactics used with a DG.

Shakari
19-01-04, 03:17
Originally posted by bounty
Something becomes viable and people automatically assume it will be nerfed. Since when is balance something we shouldn't accept?

playing devils advocate here but viable does not mean balanced or fair viable in these terms tends to lean toward overkill or overpowered.

but since i have not even seen a devourer I don't know if it overpowered or not.

if going by other changes after cries of overpowered are heard (like poison dmg) its a case of one or 2 ppl finding ways to make the weapon far more effective than maybe intended, they know how to take advantage of whatever there using to the max of a weapons capability or dmg type thats slightly overpowered in certain situations (like a hybrid with a tl20 poison spell killing anything that moved in the aggie pits is one example), this can be annoying but hardly called for the usual sledge hammer nerfs
that have happened.

slight adjustment maybe needs but when has that ever happened??

Zanathos
19-01-04, 04:00
devouer doent hurt my PE much

he has SOME poison resistance but very little still.

its damage was fine to me, when i was startin to hurt, i just ran away from the tank while healin, then let the tank catch up again while i shot its ass.

stupid nub of a tank :p

L0KI
19-01-04, 04:05
ive seen a flux PPU (Anton Szandor Levey) outheal 2 devourers (poison modded) at once. He has a great resist setup, and is a great PPU. The Devourer doesnt need nerfing just cos some n00b ass PPU monks are no longer INVINCIBLE and take 7 dmg per hit from all weapons.

have u seen what an X ray libby does to an unbuffed PPU?

I love the fact that PPU's cast Shelter first, then deflector. It gives me 3 seconds to down them. Thats fun for me :p

Devourer can be outhealed. Simple.
PS - I DO NOT have a devourer, or a tank for that matter.

Lifewaster
19-01-04, 05:47
I've an APU monk and I dont think devs too bad, I think its kinda awesome , in your face scary as fuk noise , kinda like what a melee tank shoulda been but instead was made to sound like a noob slashing rats.....

Also agree bulk damage seems to be immediate fire damage while the stacks of poison are just a there to intimidate, but dont actually do much dot damage..

Overall I like the dev, it makes a nice change from CS earache, and dont think it needs nerf... Monks just need to learn to run like fuk when they hear it going off to prevent too many stacks hitting them.

Bitburger
19-01-04, 06:05
The devourer isnt to strong...

Some people's resist skills should be fixed if they mean to decreased specially the dmg output from this weapon...

I play a APU, PE, SPY and a Tank with Devourer and think that i know both sides of this weapon :p

[SP]Ostrich
19-01-04, 07:37
Originally posted by Rieper
RoG vs Healing Light

ROLH vs Beam of Hell.

lower TL, better dmg..

ROLH = higher tl than beam of hell...unless i've gone completely crazy?

\\Fényx//
19-01-04, 08:28
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
ROLH = higher tl than beam of hell...unless i've gone completely crazy?

BOH 105 ROLH 108 :p Osty's correct (for once)

Xandros Fidian
19-01-04, 09:13
On my last fight with FLUX at Soliko i got burned away from K9 with his DEV, and well it was my mistake, DEV is fine Tanks now have a really chance of killing PPUs... and as saied before a PPU can stand to a DEV, and if you get fucking shit dmg than move your ass away from the Tank that is so slow with his DEV, it worked many times on Jupiter when my Pistol PE got some warmup from a DEV.

g0rt
19-01-04, 10:40
dev isnt overpowered why should it be nerfed

have u seen what it does to someone with high poison/fire resists? exactly what a tl98 weapon should do

SPEC

POISON

Archeus
19-01-04, 10:43
Devourer can be outhealed. Simple.
PS - I DO NOT have a devourer, or a tank for that matter.

If you have resists up the wazoo or have spec'ed totally for the Dev.

50 poison resist, fully buffed with holy heal running and I was dropped in seconds with a dev. Move your ass away? I was dead before I even realised what was going on, and so stacked to heaven there was no way in hell I could live.

So yes it is probably the most powerful weapon in the game, and probably needs adjustment. Just because a couple of people in the game (while setup for it) can be immune doesn't mean the weapons balanced.

On the other hand had a Tank come at my Rhino with a Dev. Quite funny to watch (0 damage, and he got gunned down).

g0rt
19-01-04, 10:54
Originally posted by Archeus

50 poison resist, fully buffed with holy heal running and I was dropped in seconds with a dev. Move your ass away? I was dead before I even realised what was going on, and so stacked to heaven there was no way in hell I could live.

So yes it is probably the most powerful weapon in the game, and probably needs adjustment. Just because a couple of people in the game (while setup for it) can be immune doesn't mean the weapons balanced.

On the other hand had a Tank come at my Rhino with a Dev. Quite funny to watch (0 damage, and he got gunned down).

My ppu has 109 fire and 107 poison resists, and I can outheal 2 devs without a shelter on.

Thats not overpowered lol

Everyone has 120+ fire/xray/energy and then expects "50" poison to be enough. Get over 100 poison and you will be fine.

And no its not hard. My tank has over 100 poison, as does my PPU and my non-dueling PE. The only ones I would consider it hard on are APU and SPIES but they are both weak to begin with.

Alex The Great
19-01-04, 11:08
Originally posted by Archeus

What do you think a CS would do to you with 50 energy.

Archeus
19-01-04, 11:10
Originally posted by Alex The Great
What do you think a CS would do to you with 50 energy.

That is 50 energy in my resists pool, not from my basic setup/armor.

Yes CS would hurt, but it certainly wouldn't drop in the time it took the devourer to. Heck, even the guards when fully buffed I can survive long enough to react.

Alex The Great
19-01-04, 12:10
I really don't know what your doing wrong then every ppu i have used it on has enuff time to try and run and Pete can out heal it no problem.

Psycho Killa
19-01-04, 12:21
Archeus for one thing your a gimp. You drive if im not mistaken and I for some reason dont think you have all your int in psi use. Now im not saying everyone has to go full combat but dont expect to be superman if your going to pick up tradeskills or anything else. Drop your vehicle and put it all in agility. Then you can lower athletics and dump it into resists. Hell you can use a pp chip and pull a defensive 2 for increased defense.

Filter 1 Hazard 3 Fifty con you should be able to shrug of a devourer.

I dont mean to personaly attack you but I seriously doubt your ppu setup. When talking about balance yes we have to talk about the tanks that dont recycle etc the pe's who go pure combat or else if we balanced it from the perspective of a poking/driving monk. Once we balanced him now all the people who dont poke and drive will be overpowered.

And that guard line is total fucking bullshit. Ive dropped twice from guards before i had a chance to react and a devourer without a heal takes 9 full bursts to get me to 20 hp. Thats a long as time to cast a heal. I think close to 10 seconds.

No im not specced totaly for dev either i take around 14 damage from a cs burst.

Fyi: Devourer does more damage to me then a cs does ill give u that though it didnt when i was using a heavy poisin belt. I only have about 83 poisin resist now or somewhere around that.

Shadow Dancer
19-01-04, 15:23
MY apu was able to outheal dev with my ppu healing/sheltering me.

Clownst0pper
19-01-04, 15:25
My ppu has 109 fire and 107 poison resists, and I can outheal 2 devs without a shelter on.

Amen to that sister! :D

garyu69
19-01-04, 15:49
as a PE i have no problem with getting away safely with only a poison belt on and my own buffs.

Babes
19-01-04, 17:20
NO NO NO NERF....to the devourer

A Tank is a Close quarter STR 115+ hand to hand Killing Machine. The days when a monk can stand within a few meters and Laugh at a Tank are over....Live with it.

APU Monks - have Speed and Range and can give Heavy Damage - THE ARE Medium range Fighters.

PPU's Should Survive a Devourer long enough to RUN AWAY and gain Distance. What the hell do you expect crouched there rezzing someone with a tank burning the crap out of you @ 2 meters.

So a PPU monk can Spec to out heal a Devourer or 2...good for you...your too busy Healing yourself to help anyone else...or until the Tank catches on and Pulls out his CS to see how your energy and Xray Resist holds up.

SPY's----Just Sealth away..or snipe at a distance no problem there

PE's ---- to be honest i know naff all about them so cannt comment

The Moral of the Story........DONT GET TO CLOSE TO A TANK Distance is your weapon ..USE IT

[TgR]KILLER
19-01-04, 17:45
if i specced any more for poison then the 30 i have i'm fucked.. i can take 3/4 poison stacks and heal myself quite good.. even outheal 2 stacks of a beam.. but the dev still rips me up bad

VVerevvolf
19-01-04, 17:50
Whats the point in being able to withstand every weapon in the game for a good while TGR Killer? :)

And just keep a distance from the tank, the max range of 10 metres is nothing! Its from pp1 synch to 1st sewer entrance. Nothing!

[TgR]KILLER
19-01-04, 17:52
cause u can fight longer then :p

but i do pretty ok fighting a flamer tank.. specced the 30 poison for those bitches and got a little more fire from armor.. even got a titan set now...

Possessed
19-01-04, 19:49
lol Killer, I have like 80 odd poison with my PE, and my other resists are the same with my setup without any por, just a little less health :p

Possessed
19-01-04, 19:49
[Edit] lag > me

damn double posts

g0rt
19-01-04, 19:52
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Archeus for one thing your a gimp. You drive if im not mistaken and I for some reason dont think you have all your int in psi use. Now im not saying everyone has to go full combat but dont expect to be superman if your going to pick up tradeskills or anything else. Drop your vehicle and put it all in agility. Then you can lower athletics and dump it into resists. Hell you can use a pp chip and pull a defensive 2 for increased defense.

Filter 1 Hazard 3 Fifty con you should be able to shrug of a devourer.

I dont mean to personaly attack you but I seriously doubt your ppu setup. When talking about balance yes we have to talk about the tanks that dont recycle etc the pe's who go pure combat or else if we balanced it from the perspective of a poking/driving monk. Once we balanced him now all the people who dont poke and drive will be overpowered.

And that guard line is total fucking bullshit. Ive dropped twice from guards before i had a chance to react and a devourer without a heal takes 9 full bursts to get me to 20 hp. Thats a long as time to cast a heal. I think close to 10 seconds.

No im not specced totaly for dev either i take around 14 damage from a cs burst.

Fyi: Devourer does more damage to me then a cs does ill give u that though it didnt when i was using a heavy poisin belt. I only have about 83 poisin resist now or somewhere around that.

You're telling me this Archeus guy is a PPU and died that quick?!?!?!

Oh man....hahahahaha...thats class :lol: :lol:

petek480
19-01-04, 20:17
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

I think he said in some other post that he hacks and pokes or something.

Colt Starling
22-01-04, 17:05
Originally posted by bounty

Nothing should be able to rape a fully buffed PPU. THey shouldnt be impossible to kill, but they should be very hard!

The devourer creates a major imbalance. PPU = low attack / high defence.

A weapon that can rape a PPU = low attack / low defence.. simple maths

ezza
22-01-04, 17:39
a PPu that gets killed by a dev = no skill and no poison resist

Clownst0pper
22-01-04, 18:26
a PPu that gets killed by a dev = no skill and no poison resist

Sam3000? *cough* not like koro took him down with devourer is it? *cough* :lol:

Alex The Great
23-01-04, 02:00
Only time i see PPUs die From 1 Dev Is when the do stupid things like not move Or kneel and heal. Any good ppu can out heal 2 -3 devs.

Colt Starling
23-01-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Alex The Great
Only time i see PPUs die From 1 Dev Is when the do stupid things like not move Or kneel and heal. Any good ppu can out heal 2 -3 devs.

Lets see you try!

Try moving while frozen... try activating a heal and doing all that you sugges while trying to remove the parashock and damage boost. Try getting your anti poison buff on while doing all this... og and dont forget to keep running! Try playing a PPU in this kind of situation before you bring your brain to the table and open the back door.

Any other weapon in the game I can out heal while still managing to focus on removing shock damage etc. I'm PPU.. that's what I'm supposed to do.. rememberthe purpose of a PPU?

50 poison con plus medium poison belt should be more than enough poison resist.

But I guess your too uber to think constructivly about this.

petek480
23-01-04, 02:21
Lets see you try!

Try moving while frozen... try activating a heal and doing all that you sugges while trying to remove the parashock and damage boost. Try getting your anti poison buff on while doing all this... og and dont forget to keep running! Try playing a PPU in this kind of situation before you bring your brain to the table and open the back door.

I can do all that without a problem so instead of whining about it maybe you should start working on your con setup, k?

ezza
23-01-04, 03:07
but more importantly they cant nerf it cos ive only just got mine:p

Possessed
23-01-04, 20:33
If the dev gets nerfed I will lose all faith in mankind, and more specifically this community....

Psycho_Soldier
23-01-04, 20:48
Dev shouldn't get nerfed just because a bunch of fools think they shouldn't have to spec against it. If everyone specced for it, then dev infact would be UNDERPOWERED. Yes thats right, I said it. Dev should get at least 30m range and aiming like a CS. Stop being so fucking lazy people and learn how to test resist then lom.

Archeus
23-01-04, 21:04
Originally posted by g0rt
You're telling me this Archeus guy is a PPU and died that quick?!?!?!

Oh man....hahahahaha...thats class :lol: :lol:

Yea which makes me wonder wtf was up with as I can withstand a large number of stacks of poison from HP. I need to test it again.

tinman00
23-01-04, 21:57
Lets see you try!

But I guess your too uber to think constructivly about this.

if u been parashocked and damaged boosted that means theys a ppu they as well trying to kill try geting u team to kill the tank. If they all died u going to have to run not sit they hoping u can get all u boosts up so u can rez the person to kill the tank or if they all run off then u need a better team.

Colt Starling
24-01-04, 00:18
Originally posted by petek480
I can do all that without a problem so instead of whining about it maybe you should start working on your con setup, k?

tell you what.... let me see you do that. I'll freez you, damage boost you and have my clan mate stick a dev in your face. if you antishock, and run 5 meters, I'll freez you again, and damage boost you again.. all while my m8 sticks his dev up your arse.. now if you can survive, I'll eat my hat.

Then when your dead on the floor like most PPU's I've seen get hit by the dev, I'll DM you and tell you to start working on your con setup :)

oh and btw, I'm not whining, I'm giving my honest oppinion to this thread.. in this erm .. forum... which.. erm.. is where people.. erm come to .. erm give their ... erm oppinions :D

petek480
24-01-04, 00:21
tell you what.... let me see you do that. I'll freez you, damage boost you and have my clan mate stick a dev in your face. if you antishock, and run 5 meters, I'll freez you again, and damage boost you again.. all while my m8 sticks his dev up your arse.. now if you can survive, I'll eat my hat.

Then when your dead on the floor like most PPU's I've seen get hit by the dev, I'll DM you and tell you to start working on your con setup :)

oh and btw, I'm not whining, I'm giving my honest oppinion to this thread.. in this erm .. forum... which.. erm.. is where people.. erm come to .. erm give their ... erm oppinions :D
Sure thing, I play on pluto so just dm me, Pete the Psi. And to make things interesting how about we bet on this, say 10mil?