PDA

View Full Version : excessive crashing lately...

Spectra260
18-01-04, 07:59
ive been getting ALOT of FRE's in the last 3 days...

2 weeks ago, i could go ALL DAY with like...1-2 FRE's,,,

but yesterday i litterially got 21 of them...

21 FRE's in one day, when a few weeks ago i was getting like 1-3 a day...

i havnt changed ANYTHING on my setup...

i still have a

p4 1.5 ghz
768 SD ram
win XP
radeon 9700 pro (newest drivers)

edit: oh i forgot to mention, theres also more of the perma syncing going on now...

it used to only happen to me like 1 out of 3 logins, now its every single time i try to log in... good thing im not a newbie and i know i just have to relog a few times...
did they make some "optimizations" in the last week or so? because man i know it isnt just me thats been crashing alot more lately...ive talked to a few people about it and they all say pretty much the same thing...

IceStorm
18-01-04, 08:07
When you say "newest drivers", do you mean 3.10 or 3.9?

Turn off Fast Writes under the SMARTGART tab, regardless of which version you're using. That may help.

Psycho_Soldier
18-01-04, 08:51
Only time I crash alot is when I try and withdraw or give money with clan bank.

Spectra260
18-01-04, 09:05
man i was just messing around on my PPU on saturn...

i went to agressor pit to help out some newbs....but most had LE's in..

this APU comes in and gets a few stacks of poisin on me and then starts HLing me

i can basically almost outheal his HL...but i have 0 poisin resisst and only had haz 3 on...so it was tearing me away...

i go to run away, and as im syncing out i crash....i think great...now i cant outheal thos poisin stacks so im dead...

luckily though i casted heal right before i zoned out and i didnt die, BUT

right after that, i rebiffed and went back in, on my way in i FRE...

so then there i am again going OMFG IM DEAD THIS TIME...

i tolled my friend over aim to go down there and if im syncing out when i log back in to try and cover me,...

so 3 relogs later, im finlaly back in without any bugs...luckily i didnt die, but if someone came i woulda due to these fucking bugs...

i so hope this shit is gone with DoY...

Judge
18-01-04, 14:53
Yeah I have noticed this as well. For litterally two weeks I didn't fatal once, or even synch once. In the last day or two I have bailed quite a few times... especially synchs.

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 15:46
I've been having a lot of synch issues on zoning as well lately, I think it might be related to the recent server maintenance, because it started after that.