PDA

View Full Version : What IS a perfect clan?

Cytaur
18-01-04, 07:01
How is it perfect in your eyes ? Let's discuss all aspects about a clan that makes it perfect. Structure, amount of members, recruitment rate, organization, communication, friendliness, popularity, materialistic status, it's age.... anything else that escaped my attention.

I believe a perfect clan wouldn't matter how old it is, as long as it doesn't have any internal conflicts and has a system to deal with troublemakers. Organized to handle massive amount of members as well as communicative, so when you log in and there are 20 mates on, you say hi and nobody responds. Or you're trying to pass a point and its totaly ignored. If all that works, then it's popularity, and materialistic status will be at high levels.

BombShell
18-01-04, 07:58
a clan full of drones. that will follow ur every word u say died thay will :)

QuantumDelta
18-01-04, 08:44
The perfect clan. (http://www.shatteredstar.com/ideals.shtml)

Spectra260
18-01-04, 09:10
in this game anyways,

-always has atleast 3 PPU's on

-always has lots of active people for non stop OP fights

-good, nice people who like to help you out

-basically will have anything need

-good with PvP skills

ummm

basically, just really good at PvP...:D

JackScratch
18-01-04, 09:18
What si the perfect clan is an absurd question. Each clan was created for different reasons, to achieve different goals. Many don't want to be mega clans. There is no such thing as a perfect clan. What you like in a clan I might hate. I run my clan very losely, we have rules but they are few and simple. Rule number one, help your clan mates.

Spectra260
18-01-04, 09:21
Originally posted by JackScratch
What si the perfect clan is an absurd question. Each clan was created for different reasons, to achieve different goals. Many don't want to be mega clans. There is no such thing as a perfect clan. What you like in a clan I might hate. I run my clan very losely, we have rules but they are few and simple. Rule number one, help your clan mates.

...ok....

so IYO, whats the perfect clan?

a clan with hardly any rules and people not doing jack shit and only 'helping clan mates'?

JackScratch
18-01-04, 09:31
Originally posted by Spectra260
...ok....

so IYO, whats the perfect clan?

a clan with hardly any rules and people not doing jack shit and only 'helping clan mates'?

Please point out where I said "only helping clanmates". I said it was rule number 1. I would like to propose a new forum rule. Posters must first aquire the ability to read.

My point, which I made nicely is that what a clan should be is up to it's members, and this will vary widely. What do I think the perfect clan is? A brotherhood, a fellowship. A group of likeminded individuals working together towards a common goal.

If you Want Specifics, TechSyn's Primary goal is the end of Random/Faction PKing by whatever means necesary. Our primary method is socio political influence, but in good times we are by no means beyond war.

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 09:46
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The perfect clan. (http://www.shatteredstar.com/ideals.shtml)

wha's that? a communist clan? :p sry man, but those are the chars of a communist country :)

Cytaur
18-01-04, 09:49
the army is the perfect clan.... Damn I wish there was one in game

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 09:53
Originally posted by Cytaur
the army is the perfect clan.... Damn I wish there was one in game

not many ppl wanna be bossed around & told what to do 24/7 in a game ....thats the problem :\

Cytaur
18-01-04, 09:56
in game it should be understanding of "cooperation to the success"

Samhain
18-01-04, 10:57
Perfect clan...

Would have every single person from the faction in it, that way everyone finds out when OPs are under attack and everyone can GR there without synap.

No centralized leadership.

Nash_Brigham
18-01-04, 11:02
Perfection is only in the person that is willing to push himself beyond what he calls his best. However, in my mind, a decent clan is one that responds to events (whether RP, faction, or OP war) in a timely matter, and shows strong support for clan and leader. A clan is a body that is there to help out the rest of their clanmates. Though not always a perfect simetry, clans work well together like well oiled machine parts, each doing it's task as efficiently as they are suppose to, whether that be writing reports, or providing support in fights. I do not consider anything perfect in this world.

nonamebrandeggs
18-01-04, 11:03
Anarchistic with people with sick senses of humor.

Nash_Brigham
18-01-04, 11:05
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Anarchistic with people with sick senses of humor. Anarchist clans are an oxymoron. Anarchy is the opposition of order, which a clan represents order, and thus, an anarchic clan is not really obeying the laws of anarchy.

nonamebrandeggs
18-01-04, 11:06
Oh, does it? You learn something new everyday...

Hayato
18-01-04, 11:19
perfect clan is a clan u join NOT cause "omg they r teh ubar with tha ops omg hax" but are nice people, and have sexy asses.

Rith
18-01-04, 13:34
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
wha's that? a communist clan? :p sry man, but those are the chars of a communist country :)

Funnily enough a small does of communism does sorta help when running a clan...

The thing many leaders forget is that its the members who make a clan great, not the chars they play.

So clans which focus only on having l337 skillz tend to be short lived

rithy

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 13:34
The perfect clan is the one you lead according to your own principles.

Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Anarchist clans are an oxymoron. Anarchy is the opposition of order, which a clan represents order, and thus, an anarchic clan is not really obeying the laws of anarchy.There are real anarchist organizations, besides, most real anarchists actually want a slightly modified form of democracy, even they understand a world without laws doesn't work.

Ascension
18-01-04, 14:03
I dont think there is a perfect clan tbh.. because it may seem perfect to you.. but total bullshit to someone else.. everyones views are cast at different angles..

But i would say : active members, dedication to help members, Good leadership etc all help to get a good performence from a clan.

JackScratch
18-01-04, 18:18
Originally posted by J. Folsom
The perfect clan is the one you lead according to your own principles.

There are real anarchist organizations, besides, most real anarchists actually want a slightly modified form of democracy, even they understand a world without laws doesn't work.

!!WARNING WARNIG!!! SAMANTIC ARGUEMENT IMINANT !!!WARNING WARNING!!!

Anarchy is the execution of a phylosophy that believes government constantly stagnates (any type) and there fore only by a state of constant reveloution can one achieve the perfect government. People working in conjunction towards these goals are still considered anarchists. In a culture of anarchists it is common for there to be little leadership and that leadership is reguarded as temporary and under constant scrutiny.

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 18:21
Originally posted by JackScratch
!!WARNING WARNIG!!! SAMANTIC ARGUEMENT IMINANT !!!WARNING WARNING!!!

Anarchy is the execution of a phylosophy that believes government constantly stagnates (any type) and there fore only by a state of constant reveloution can one achieve the perfect government. People working in conjunction towards these goals are still considered anarchists. In a culture of anarchists it is common for there to be little leadership and that leadership is reguarded as temporary and under constant scrutiny. That was pretty much what I was trying to say, but I didn't feel like explaining.

JackScratch
18-01-04, 18:23
I wasn't disagreeing with you, sorry. I just saw the potential for the most irritating arguement in the history of man in the replies it would recieve. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Zanathos
18-01-04, 18:29
A PERFECT CLAN is a group of people that work together to achieve a common goal and have fun while working with each other.

A PERFECT CLAN is one where every member can turn to another member for support.

A PERFECT CLAN is a well run family.

jernau
18-01-04, 18:58
One where all the members have fun, enjoy playing together and help each other get the most out of the game however they play it.

Marx
18-01-04, 18:59
Originally posted by jernau
One where all the members have fun, enjoy playing together and help each other get the most out of the game however they play it.

WINNAR!

My thoughts exactly.

Ascension
18-01-04, 19:06
Originally posted by Marx
WINNAR!

My thoughts exactly.

OMG NERF THE OCCUPATION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lol ya prob gonna get a 3 day ban :p

REMUS
18-01-04, 19:07
searching for perfection eventually ends in inperfection, its like the perfect cirlcle..... it doesnt exsist!

as close as i could get would be being with a clan with princibles and morals similar to mine, fun to do stuff with and ppl i like.

bounty
18-01-04, 19:32
I think the most important thing above all is a high level of activity.

Alex Krom
18-01-04, 21:37
a perfect clan is a bunch of friends having fun together :)

cRazy2003
18-01-04, 21:40
Originally posted by Cytaur
What IS a perfect clan?

a one with me in it :p

Rieper
18-01-04, 22:03
A perfect clan has a stable core of friendly players who bring more and more people into the core allowing people to come and go without unbalancing the clan.

oh.. and anarchy is an ideology that believes in a stateless society and is completely ridiculous due to human nature. ;)
nice theory tho.

btw, look at what happens to uber clans.. they die man.. becuase its about characters, not players ;)

Cytaur
18-01-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Rith
Funnily enough a small does of communism does sorta help when running a clan...

The thing many leaders forget is that its the members who make a clan great, not the chars they play.

So clans which focus only on having l337 skillz tend to be short lived

rithy

Basically every clan is either dictatorship, chain of command or communism or mix of all 3. There's very little democracy, usually decisions come from select "council" or just straight from the leader. It's just that there's no time for votes from everyone (assuming that clan is big) in a game.

Marx
18-01-04, 22:07
btw, look at what happens to uber clans.. they die man.. becuase its about characters, not players

a person is forever.

http://www.gioa.org/images/photos/silhouette.jpg

Shadow Dancer
18-01-04, 22:10
That was beautiful Marx. :)

Rieper
18-01-04, 22:13
Originally posted by Marx
a person is forever.

http://www.gioa.org/images/photos/silhouette.jpg

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/edoom/sad2.gifhttp://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/edoom/sad2.gifhttp://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

taht sire *sob* is so true *weep*