PDA

View Full Version : Proposed SL revamp

Jest
18-01-04, 04:06
I know with the coming of BDoY we will be gaining new features and losing safe zones, so I may be jumping the gun here with this proposal, but I think we need a change with the SL.

As most people can relate too, accidents happen. You shoot a friend on accident and he dies by a mob, a nuetral/allied player attacks you and you defend yourself, or the worst of all you hit a Yos vendor at an op war. Its obvious the SL system has problems.

But the above is not why I want changes. I want the "murderer" character to be viable.

What I propose:
- Take away the 5 item drop from negative SL.
- Replace it with a simple taking away of the safe slot.
- Cop bots will still attack red SL players
- SL regenerates no matter what number you have (basically the -31 cap would be taken away)
- SL gain increased for missions
- No massive SL drainage. You wont go from 100 to -13 like you do now.
- All people with negative SL will be able to have their exact location seen from the CityCom

I think this would bring a lot of fun into the game. I'm not proposing this because I think the game is "carebear", Im not proposing this because I want to kill every single person in the game, and I'm not proposing this because I want to gank newbies all day. I think this would be an excellent addition into the game.

So what do you think? Please keep to constructive posts whether you agree or disagree. If you don't like the idea then thats cool, but some reasons why would definitely help. Thanks.

Psycho Killa
18-01-04, 04:13
Yes I like it.

Who the fuck voted no I dont see why anyone would be against this. Please if you vote no have the balls to explain why.

"Carebears": The criminals would have a hard life as they would be tracked down by bounty hunters and would still have a chance of losing there rare weapon or other slot 1 item.

"Pkers": Its a hard life style but its actualy possible now since losing 5 items could mean a months worth of work down the drain.

"Roleplayers": You could be a city merc or a police man and track down offenders either for bounties or for the good of city admin.

Shadow Dancer
18-01-04, 04:17
i disagree. I think they should retain the safeslot and just have an item fall out of their belt rather than a belt that needs to be hacked.

As long as other people have safeslots and belts, I don't see why the Pker should lose his slot. Unless somehow he gets a "bonus" for being a pkar or something. :D

EDIT: I vote yes, only because it's better than the current system. But I still think their should be another way of dealing with it.

L0KI
18-01-04, 04:22
I think its an excellent idea Jest!

Gets my vote and 5 stars ;)

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif

t0tt3
18-01-04, 04:24
Neocron is wannabie cyberpunk game...

I want danger and the SL system just S.U.C.K.S
Why drop 5 items when I loose under -16 sl? Thats just lame, and yes found 2 CS this old system but I still think its crappy a crappy solution.

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif :rolleyes:

RayBob
18-01-04, 04:33
I love it....5 stars.

Jest
18-01-04, 04:38
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
i disagree. I think they should retain the safeslot and just have an item fall out of their belt rather than a belt that needs to be hacked.

As long as other people have safeslots and belts, I don't see why the Pker should lose his slot. Unless somehow he gets a "bonus" for being a pkar or something. :D

EDIT: I vote yes, only because it's better than the current system. But I still think their should be another way of dealing with it. Hmmm thats a good point, but maybe it can just be made that hacking a red belt is incredibly easy, and also take off the restrictions on the hack tool. That might work.

Shadow Dancer
18-01-04, 04:41
I thikn before they revamp SL,or rather ALONG with a sl revamp, their should be "special" benefits AND restrictions to characters with very low or very high SL.

nonamebrandeggs
18-01-04, 05:38
I think that everyone should have the same abilities/handicaps/etc... regardless of what SL they have. But negative SL people should be easily identified as criminals, and positive SL people easily identified as carebears (:p).

Benjie
18-01-04, 05:57
Removing the safeslot would bring the price of rares down to a less retarded price.

I mean who the fuck would pay 10 mille for a devourer if there was a chance they could drop it? Only an idiot.

I vote yes on every idea here. I think this idea is perfect.

PenguinNick
18-01-04, 06:47
I voted no... but for one reason... the non 5 item drop... I think you should drop 1 of your 5 best items... so that atleast you get sumtin good, and have a 20% chance of getting the best thing they have...

Psycho Killa
18-01-04, 07:23
So you voted no solely because you would rather someone have a 20 percent chance of dropping something good rather then a 10 percent chance....:rolleyes:

BombShell
18-01-04, 07:51
nice idea.

now u all know i want my fine and mog rank system were u get and lose money for pking.

now ater i seen this bounty thing happening when u hav -sl thats another great thing :)

but i still want my mog system then :)

so i can get some rewards from pking :) sicne i cant hack :)

g0rt
18-01-04, 10:03
yes ffs pls fix the sl

soon

Opar
18-01-04, 10:46
sex.

MayhemMike
18-01-04, 12:11
Anything would be better the way it is now.

MindMaze
18-01-04, 12:38
Ok, voted maybe. Here's why:
I think that negative sl needs to give some sort of bonus, like use of special weapons. I honestly don't see why anybody would take the role of a murderer if all he/she gets is a big disadvantage :confused:

So, again, I think that there should be a bonus given for having the balls to go negative and risk loosing a good weapon.

s0liduS
18-01-04, 12:48
Originally posted by MindMaze
Ok, voted maybe. Here's why:
I think that negative sl needs to give some sort of bonus, like use of special weapons. I honestly don't see why anybody would take the role of a murderer if all he/she gets is a big disadvantage :confused:

So, again, I think that there should be a bonus given for having the balls to go negative and risk loosing a good weapon.

it's the thrill :o

I voted yes and completely agree... even though I have had more luck than bad luck with current SL system... :P:P change it

t0tt3
18-01-04, 13:38
Originally posted by PenguinNick
I voted no... but for one reason... the non 5 item drop... I think you should drop 1 of your 5 best items... so that atleast you get sumtin good, and have a 20% chance of getting the best thing they have...

Lets take that again then.... how many are there out there that are willing to run around with -17 + ??????

NOONE!!!!!!!

So the chances are so small so your 50% to getting something good going below 0,001% when you need a red sl person.
"Yes 5 items of the 10 best = 50 %.."

The penalty are to strong.

But if you only popped the slot 1 lock then more persons would have red SL, well they who dont need NC like non pro city.

So in real NC life the chance to get a good weapon in this system are bigger then the old one we have now...

:rolleyes:

shardl0r
18-01-04, 14:03
I like all the ideas, except that there should definatly be a penalty for killing players who are far lower ranked than you. Maybe make the red SL barrier at -50 rather than -16. Killing players at around your lvl should result in only a 1 - 10 point drop in SL depending on how close they are to your rank. So if he's one rank below you you lose 1 SL, e.c.t. If higher ranked, then you always lose 1 SL. If you have over 50 SL, you take half the SL loss, to a minimum of 1 SL.
If you kill someone who is over 20? (15?) ranks below you, you lose 10 SL + 2? (5?) SL for every additional rank they are below that. So if your on 50SL, and are a /60 char, and you kill a /1 char (assuming the 2/rank loss and 20 below you) you take full SL loss and lose 10 + 2x39 SL. Meaning your struck down to -38.
If that person were on 100SL he would only have taken 44 damage, reducing him to 56 SL.
There has to be some small safeguard against this. So clanned enemies the maximum SL you lose would be capped at 20? You should also have to do 1/3rd (1/2? Killing blow?) damage to someone in order to get SL loss, which means you can now scare people away.

Thats ideally what I'd like to see, because I simply don't like n00b killing.

LTA
18-01-04, 14:06
To start dropping items any item i want the rare rate improved a bit, enough so that i can russle up a replacement without wasting a few weeks.

Sealdude
18-01-04, 17:25
@shardlor Thats a good idea. Dosent prevent noob ganking but makes it worse for those who feel the need

@ Jest I like the ideas but i see a problem with the decreased loss of SL. It seems to me like pkers would level up to 100 sl and then kill a lot of people and still never get into the negative SL range.

Jest
19-01-04, 10:22
Originally posted by Sealdude
@ Jest I like the ideas but i see a problem with the decreased loss of SL. It seems to me like pkers would level up to 100 sl and then kill a lot of people and still never get into the negative SL range. True, but thats sort of the point. In reality with this system there would be no different between a -30 and a -100, so the -100 wouldnt really matter.

Judge
19-01-04, 10:30
It is indeed a very good idea. I have been saying since the 5 item drop came in that it was a shit idea.... and here is my proof :)

It is probably the single most carebear thing in the game, and its so god damn annoying.

El Barto
19-01-04, 10:33
Originally posted by Jest

What I propose:
- Take away the 5 item drop from negative SL.
- Replace it with a simple taking away of the safe slot.
- Cop bots will still attack red SL players
- SL regenerates no matter what number you have (basically the -31 cap would be taken away)
- SL gain increased for missions
- All people with negative SL will be able to have their exact location seen from the CityCom

I like all them ideas really, except I don't think there is a cap for SL, and if there is its not -31, I had -40 not so long ago. Don't think that the missions for SL shouldn be increased they are fine as they are atm, I have had bad SL a few times and missions are not that bad to get it back up, missions ar fine, don't want to make it to easy to get posative SL. Love the rest of the ideas though, hope they get put in game.

g0rt
19-01-04, 10:37

man, these two would make this game SO MUCH BETTER i cant even begin to explain it

DO IT KK

if you INSIST that one kill = neg sl, make it just go to -1 on the first kill, cuz it COULD BE A MISTAKE! none of this -13 crap in one kill its BS

the citycom thing is just great, i would stay neg SL just so people could come find me and attempt to take me out, that would be great

cRazy2003
19-01-04, 19:43
i voted no because taking away the safe slots suck, i mean if u made a 5 slot dev and lost it first time in PP and someone hacked it and kept it u wud be pirtty damn pissed o_O

Psycho Killa
19-01-04, 19:53
Why do people vote no for the most retarded explanations.

Crazy your a fuckin crackhead. As it is now you dont have a safe slot and instead of losing one item you lose five! This way it makes it that you have a choice between behaving yourself and keeping your safe slot and your precious five slot dev or being evil and running a 1 in 10 chance of losing your precious dev. So either

A) Dont be evil.

B) Dont carry a five slot dev when your evil

C) Be a man and go on regaurdless.

g0rt
21-01-04, 10:28
Originally posted by cRazy2003
i voted no because taking away the safe slots suck, i mean if u made a 5 slot dev and lost it first time in PP and someone hacked it and kept it u wud be pirtty damn pissed o_O

Ya but you could easily be the hacker.

Thinks would actually CIRCULATE somewhat like they used to :rolleyes: