PDA

View Full Version : Problem - neocron freezing

random hero
18-01-04, 02:24
does anyone know what to do for my problem.

neocron freezes up after the intro credits so i can't log in, its just stuck loading. i tried re-installing and downloading fresh patches but to no avail.

any suggestions

Benjie
18-01-04, 02:28
Have you got Direct X installed? I made that mistake once. Other than that it sounds like it might be a problem with your 3D card. Remember Neocron doesn't work behind firewall sometimes too.

Also how long has your PC gone without maintanence? Virus checking it and defragmenting the hardisk requlaly works wonders, I used to get similar problems because I never maintained my computer (always resorted to formating my Hard Disk) but now I do the problems rarely occur.

random hero
18-01-04, 02:29
i de-fraged last night, i know i have no virus's but the graphics thing is a possibility but i don't think it would effect the initial loading

Benjie
18-01-04, 02:32
Other than the firewall I am not sure what it might be. Try re-downloading and installing your 3D card drivers, if there is a problem with your card it might just be the drivers and re-installing might reset it.

To be honest when things get like that, I often just format my drive. I format my drives quite regulally though, nothing like a fresh clean start. :)

Psyco Groupie
18-01-04, 02:49
benjie ... no offence but your help is far from helpful.

it seems you dont have a connection firewall or otherwise ....

other than that your install is fubar

random hero
18-01-04, 19:00
i don'tthink it is an internet problem as the offline demo doesn't work either

Marx
18-01-04, 19:05
Hurrrr.

If it was a connection problem he wouldn't have issues right after the opening creds.

Try reinstalling your graphics driver.

If that doesn't work, a fresh Neocron install should do.

Nidhogg
18-01-04, 19:11
Check this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87626). There's a suggestion there for this issue.

N

/edit - Marx - if you make another profile that messes up the boards I'll give you a few days to think of a more sensible one before your next post.

Marx
18-01-04, 19:16
BETAR?

:D

:angel:

HellBreaker
18-01-04, 22:17
I had the same problem but after i turned off my Firewall , Virus checker and pop up stoper it started working again. try closing all the running items displayed on the tool bar at the bottom right. That might work.

Matthew.v.smith
18-01-04, 22:58
I had this problem.

I fixed it by installing NC downloading the non bugged auto patcher, patching up, playing.

Simple it took me about 20 hours (I had no idea what i was doing wrong ) but i got it working on my own like that :)

Matty.:angel:

ZoneVortex
18-01-04, 23:01
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
benjie ... no offence but your help is far from helpful.

------------------------------------------------------------------

other than that your install is fubar

how ironic....

your comment is farrrr more helpful than benjie's :rolleyes:

random hero
19-01-04, 02:35
thanks for all the help guys. the problem is fixed now.

For anyone else who has this problem, it seems that you have to disable all high memory, pointless programs and then increase your virtual memory paging file. (in increased it to initial = 500
maximum = 1000)

this is in control panel, system, advanced , performance, settings, advanced, change.

(mods, you can close this thread now)

Nidhogg
19-01-04, 02:53
I'm glad you got it sorted out and thanks for reporting your findings back to us. :)

Closed at thread starter's request.

N