PDA

View Full Version : Resist Tips?

Nysh
18-01-04, 00:34
Ok. I'm pretty much a newb, and my APU Psi-Monk is starting to get up in levels, so I need to start worrying about my resists. My only problem right now is that I don't know how I want Fire, Poison, and X-Ray resists to be balanced. I've been playing around with the Skillmanager program and these are some of the resist sets I've been looking at:

Resist Set 1 (http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/GoFdotCOM/res1.jpg)
In this set, Fire, X-Ray, and Poison are basically even. This is the set I've been thinking about getting the most, as it doesn't leave one resist in the high 20s like the other two do. Also, I left all of my skill windows and such in this picture, so if any of you see anything else besides resists you want to comment on, feel free to do so :)

Resist Set 2 (http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/GoFdotCOM/res2.jpg)
This set is a little less balanced. The picture is also a lot smaller!

The next two sets are basically the same, except the belts are different. I've been considering using this set because even though the resists are unbalanced, I can easily adapt them to be a little bit more protected in different combat situations. If someone is using phosfor bullets, I can put on the Fire Belt; if someone is using poision spells, I can put on the Poison Belt.
Resist Set 3: Heavy Poison Protection Belt (http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/GoFdotCOM/res3.jpg)
Resist Set 4: Heavy Fire Protection Belt (http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/GoFdotCOM/res4.jpg)

Those are the four sets I've been considering. What do you folks think?

(Thanks to:
QuantumDelta for making the APU template that I stole and changed a little
The makers of Skillmanager: Smoker and www.NeocronNetwork.de
And all the people that respond to this thread with constructive tips/criticism)

Mumblyfish
18-01-04, 00:36
Fuck 'em. Athletics is your FRIEND!

Nvidia
18-01-04, 00:41
Just a tip that applies to monks, mostly...

A friend asked me once,

"How come monks still take HUGE amounts of damage unbuffed from a Holy Lightning, even though they get all that energy resist?"

I was clueless, so I said, "Dunno"

Let's just say, all that energy resist you get from armor doesn't do jack shit when you're unbuffed and you don't have any natural resist in con as well...

People may think I'm crazy, but I've done tests with this shit, and the difference is HUGE.

There's lots of other little things I've picked up on from that friend, but I'm not going to let all of his secrets go. :angel:

Hope it helps ya out. Good luck. :)

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 00:42
I'd go for your 4th setup, it's the best balanced out one. While it does lack poison, from what I've seen it actually seems most damage from the Devourer comes from the fire, not the poison. And I rarely see any monks use any form of poison.

You might want to consider using a ProtoPharm resistor, though you'll have to change the Psi part of your setup a bit for that. Probably slightly lower Psi Power in exchange for some more APU.

Also another thing, filter heart 2 cannot be used by Monks, it needs 43 consitution, but because it decreases constitution by 5, it makes your constitution too low for it, you can use filter heart 1 though. Actually, you might want to use a strengthen heart 2, since with your setup it looks like you'd gain more skill points by lowering your body health a bit after putting in the strengthen heart 2, but I might be wrong on that.

Also, the best backbone for a Psi Monk is the Reflexbooster 1, though it only gives a small amount of agility and athletics, it does help a little bit. And it's negative side effects are completely meaningless.

Apart from that the setup seems good.

EDIT: Just thought I'd say this, but I'm in no way an expert on resist setups, while I can give some advice, I might occasionally severely mess up. So do keep that in mind, though I'm sure you don't blindly follow the suggestions of the first person you meet anyway. :p

alig
18-01-04, 00:55
Left mouse button is ur resists dude.....there is no such thing as a defensive apu, except for a lame hybrid....

either way, if i was to duel u as a capped hl apu like myself....ur resists wont do jack shit when ur getting a hl spammed on u, trust me, ur resists are a ppu, its that simple. ;)

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 01:01
the HL does dmg only to con, armor does not apply till it reaches +180'ish. which means, if u go with 0 ENR, u better use that heavy enr belt or else ull get raped. but anyway, still with tat belt & 0 enr, ull still get raped :p

the energy damage % cap on that program is also wrong btw. it says uve got energy damage prevention maxed...u dont :)

but essentially, as apu u dont really need any resists, ull drop like a fly anyway. like my old apu, was at around 55 health, FH1, & 80 athletics :) & he was prolly about my best fighter ive ever made, but bah, im bored of apus

dont worry bout gettin the poison resist low as its not direct damage. its delt in a ladder sequence, so basically, gettin it down to about 14% would put u able to stand in holy pest witha basic heal on & live. but heh, GL gettin it that low & if ur that paranoid bout poison :\

Nysh
18-01-04, 01:23
the HL does dmg only to con, armor does not apply till it reaches +180'ish. which means, if u go with 0 ENR, u better use that heavy enr belt or else ull get raped. but anyway, still with tat belt & 0 enr, ull still get raped

Thought I was doing it right, but I was completely wrong. Figures :)

Thanks for all the tips so far guys.

Shadow Dancer
18-01-04, 02:52
HL isn't really a good example. It does massive damage even if you cap energy resist. The problem is apus have low health, and can't "fully" cap energy resist without their other resists suffering.

Anyways HL>low health

APU and tanks take similar damage from HL. BUt tanks have much more health.

And yes you do need resists as an apu. Trust me. :rolleyes:

g0rt
18-01-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Fuck 'em. Athletics is your FRIEND!

with 35 base dex into agility more then 50 base athletics is an absolute waste

QuantumDelta
18-01-04, 04:27
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
the HL does dmg only to con, armor does not apply till it reaches +180'ish. which means, if u go with 0 ENR, u better use that heavy enr belt or else ull get raped. but anyway, still with tat belt & 0 enr, ull still get raped :p
This comment, was full of crap.

Please don't pollute noobs.

--
I would say "test it" but you can't anymore because of random damage ....so I find myself wishing Lupus were still around so he could back me up, because WE HAVE TESTED THIS.

Yeesh.
People should learn not to question me, I check my stuff with the QA Staff I *KNOW* not I *THINK* - Ok?

Btw, Nysh, thanks for the credit but those setups were for people like you trying to break out into this ;)
Pay attention to Shadow Dancer, he's a good APU :p

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 09:31
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
This comment, was full of crap.

Please don't pollute noobs.

--
I would say "test it" but you can't anymore because of random damage ....so I find myself wishing Lupus were still around so he could back me up, because WE HAVE TESTED THIS.

Yeesh.
People should learn not to question me, I check my stuff with the QA Staff I *KNOW* not I *THINK* - Ok?

Btw, Nysh, thanks for the credit but those setups were for people like you trying to break out into this ;)
Pay attention to Shadow Dancer, he's a good APU :p

just stfu quantum, i have tested all this & yeah, its not crap.

neways, i knew someone would post sayin my info is shit but o/w, at least u didnt get all pissed & flarin like some others :eek:

neway, yeah. Nysh, jtlyk those tips of mine for an apu monk are straight for PvP. but since 45 seems to be the perfect con LoM lvl since u can LoM tons of lvls & barely lose 1 con lvl :D so if u want, u can just puts lots into a certain resist for lvlin etc etc. in the end, u still might wanna test if u want. after all, that is how many things are invented :)

s0liduS
18-01-04, 18:45
i get a error "Class not registered" when i try to use the SMoker program =[

needs a dll =[

Judge
18-01-04, 18:52
Listen to QD. He knows his shiat.

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 21:26
& so do I

which is part of the reason i dont come here often, too many ppl deny & bitch when they have no proof. they think their opinion is better :rolleyes: :angel:

Clownst0pper
18-01-04, 21:27
Left mouse button is ur resists dude.....there is no such thing as a defensive apu, except for a lame hybrid....

OMG SO TRUE! :lol:

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 21:28
& so do I

which is part of the reason i dont come here often, too many ppl deny & bitch when they have no proof. they think their opinion is better :rolleyes: :angel: I can agree with that actually, though not in the way you view it.

The stuff QD is posting was tested with Lupus, who's QA staff for ReaKKtor, it seems highly likely that QD's stuff is because of that correct.

Of course, it is true that increasing your energy resist will further reduce damage, but from what your saying it seems like you think your armor doesn't help.

Mr Friendly
18-01-04, 21:37
so ur sayin i need a GM for my info to be any good?......cuz really all u have to do is trust me man

what im saying is, dont expect to take alot less dmg with the heavy enr belt & 0 ENR, cuz the HL dmg is split between armor & con.

its like takin a test, u only do half of it cuz thats what u rely on. so u make a 50. u only rely on half the resists in neocron, u make a "50"

& also, with all the holy spirit armor on, puttin points in ENR wont really decrease the damage like u want it till it reaches 70. which is why apus dont put ne in

but straight poison & fire (toxic beam & FA) are 3/4 armor & 1/4 con. using the heavy belt for either will protect u plenty

Marx
18-01-04, 21:41
stick all your con points in health and cry when you figure out you can't get above 599 hp.

J. Folsom
18-01-04, 21:45
so ur sayin i need a GM for my info to be any good?......cuz really all u have to do is trust me manI'm not saying that, if I were to know you better I would probsably trust your information more, but I had to choose between the information of two people I don't really know, and one of them had GM backed information, I'm more likely to trust the one with GM backed information.

what im saying is, dont expect to take alot less dmg with the heavy enr belt & 0 ENR, cuz the HL dmg is split between armor & con.

its like takin a test, u only do half of it cuz thats what u rely on. so u make a 50. u only rely on half the resists in neocron, u make a "50"

& also, with all the holy spirit armor on, puttin points in ENR wont really decrease the damage like u want it till it reaches 70. which is why apus dont put ne in

but straight poison & fire (toxic beam & FA) are 3/4 armor & 1/4 con. using the heavy belt for either will protect u plenty While I suppose that is possible, it seems somewhat unlikely. And besides, it's not strange that once you reach 70 energy resist you'd start noticed a damage decrease, assuming that Neocron.ems.ru's information is correct (Which isn't completely the case), that'd be equal to having another 63 in energy armor, which would probably make your total energy armor around 240. As opposed to around 180.

Anyway, I won't continue arguing on this, as it won't get us anywhere anyway.

Nysh
19-01-04, 03:28
Thanks for all the information guys. Gunna try to sort my resists out, but with so many contradicting posts it might be a little hard still. I think I have more of an idea of what's what now though, and if not, I can always learn from my mistakes and LoM.

Mr Friendly
19-01-04, 03:35
btw Nysh, if u ever decide to go PPU, witha PP chip i was able to get 90 ENR, & with 90 enr i never took more than 60 dmg unbuffed from an HL with the apu having 183 apu (jtlyk)

neways, enjoy the game

Artie
19-01-04, 03:54
RESIST PSI!!!

Wait, wrong category.

So sue me.

ZoneVortex
19-01-04, 05:00
you may want to consider this

as has been said numerous times... "your left mouse button are your resists" or "a passive monk is your only resist" this is definitely true

but it only pertains for pvp really...

so as an APU i'd propose that you set your resists totally according to hunting monsters

few monsters do energy damage so don't worry there

fire resist, you'll want fire resist because pure fire mobs are a huge part of leveling

poison resist you may want to spec too because it's nice to have

xray only needed for PVP so don't worry there

rest in health, maybe 10-15 endurance, and atleast 75-80 athletics once implants are considered into it

just an idea

Artie
19-01-04, 05:15
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
you may want to consider this

as has been said numerous times... "your left mouse button are your resists" or "a passive monk is your only resist" this is definitely true

but it only pertains for pvp really...

so as an APU i'd propose that you set your resists totally according to hunting monsters

few monsters do energy damage so don't worry there

fire resist, you'll want fire resist because pure fire mobs are a huge part of leveling

poison resist you may want to spec too because it's nice to have

xray only needed for PVP so don't worry there

rest in health, maybe 10-15 endurance, and atleast 75-80 athletics once implants are considered into it

just an idea

bwa???

lvl offa bots east of farid.

75 nat in health.....rest in xray and energy. get your stamina from bat queen chest. nill in ath. stick in exp foot to compensate.

sit around and lvl offa bots for a day...you'll be using a rare at the end of the day ^^

Superbron
19-01-04, 12:05
get your stamina from bat queen chest
Hm, I believe we're talking about a monk here? Bat queen? Were the STR req. lowered that much?

s0liduS
19-01-04, 12:13
uhm also how reliable and accurate is this program?

and btw heres the link to the newest version i found http://www.synergyxr.net/files.php

at the bottom by smoker.

QuantumDelta
19-01-04, 18:49
Skill manager is a little out of date, basically when I stopped playing, instead of when I officially retired so around november last year, it's still pretty great for resists but some of the armors have changed bonuses and stuff.

You can change this manually in the .txt files (I think they're .txt?) in the folders, or I suspect smoker'll up date it with the next patch or so :)

JediMasta
19-01-04, 19:07
Originally posted by Artie
75 nat in health.....rest in xray and energy. get your stamina from bat queen chest. nill in ath. stick in exp foot to compensate.

Were talking about monks u noob. they cant use any bones cept the basic ones. And an apu with no athletics is as easy to kill as a turret :p

A fast apu = hard to aim at = lives longer