PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights

spikeownzu
17-01-04, 19:01
Whos got this? I just got back into it, going to buy the expansions this week.

I like playing the hack n slash servers, and i like creating my own modules and shiz

I saw another post about some dude reinstalling diablo 2, you should try neverwinter nights. Some people say they played it once online and hated it. But thats just stupid, because every server on multiplayer is completely different, different map/npcs/items/rules. Thats why i can keep comin back to it ^^

anyway anybody play it just leave a msg here maybe we can meet up, i play howards compatibity server until i have the new expansions

stalked monkey
17-01-04, 19:17
Its ok, but the thing is if you really want lots of custom shtuff then you gotta either find it or make it yourself... and games tend to look craptastic if you only use the built-in stuff. But there are some SERIOUSLY great mods out there. Just be warned: Making massive hakpaks tends to drive away potential users of your campaign, I know cause I made a 50 meg one once, and only like 5 people downloaded it over the course of a month. So sad, the PW I was making rocked ass too :P

Sealdude
17-01-04, 19:20
Anyone ever played morrowind? That is one crazy big game.

spikeownzu
17-01-04, 19:30
i was gonna buy morrowind

but i prefere the BG sort of game.., morrowind is like everquest offline in't it? o.o

Epzilon
17-01-04, 19:33
I started a couple of mods for Neverwinter Nights but never got around to finish them :(
I planned on doing a whole creation of Middle Earth and Krynn. Got pretty far on Middle Earth and made a s*itload of items, especially books with accurate info so it would be educational as well :)

Benjie
17-01-04, 19:44
I have it, but I've never played it online. I just enjoy making my own modules, even though I never finish them!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

are there any good online servers?

Originally posted by Sealdude
Anyone ever played morrowind? That is one crazy big game.
Did you ever play Daggerfall? Don't bother buying it now (unless you have a machine with windows 95 installed and don't mind old graphics) but in it's day it was much better than marrowind imo. Hell, even now I prefere it. It just had more depth.

MayhemMike
17-01-04, 19:45
Don't bother spike, you will just suck at that game like you do at NC.

Benjie
17-01-04, 19:47
Originally posted by spikeownzu
morrowind is like everquest offline in't it? o.o
No. That would be crap.

If balders gate was 3d and 1st person would that be like everquest offline?

You get quests and level up just like in Balders Gate. only difference is you don't 'need' to do the quests to enjoy the game.

superfresh
17-01-04, 20:29
I'm all about NWN, and I'm diggin the second expansion. Got to hand it to Bioware, 2 expansions in one year is pretty solid. Hoardes of the Underdark lets you level beyond the previous cap (20), which is real nice. Only problem I have with it is the items are almost TOO good.

It's the DoY of NWN. ;)

LTA
17-01-04, 20:38
I like the BG style... prefer it in its old view than the nwn one :D

Sealdude
17-01-04, 20:49
MW is pretty cool. If your thinking of getting it get the GOTY pack which has the game and two expansions for 30$ Whats NWN like?

MkVenner
17-01-04, 21:28
multiplayer Morrowind would rock...not viable tho

Benjie
17-01-04, 21:29
Originally posted by MkVenner
multiplayer Morrowind would rock...not viable tho
.....even though there is an Elder Scrolls online in development? (not coming out for ages though)

MkVenner
17-01-04, 21:41
really? cool i thought itd be too big...lag would b horrendous, tho if they sectored it

Benjie
17-01-04, 21:54
I'm re-installing NWN. Does anybody have any good links to some Persistant Worlds?

hivemind
17-01-04, 22:15
Benjie, try the Clan AW Path of Ascension servers. There's three of them, and they're a great time. Or any PoA server for that matter. Look for them under the "Action" servers.

spikeownzu
17-01-04, 23:46
I capped my charecter on the LOD howards PW server

Its like a hack n slash, easy to get capped and easy to get items, so you can get into the pvp faster

Sealdude
18-01-04, 00:50
Just looked into it, looks pretty cool. Is it like Diablo? Also is there any boxed sets with the game and the two expansions? Seems like any time I buy a game and then the expansion a cheaper boxed set comes out. Anyone else think there should be more scifi RPGs like fallout? I really think that this whole midevil fantasy land genre has been done to death and that there a many more things that could be explored.

Benjie
18-01-04, 01:17
Has anybody ever played Divine Divinity? (http://www.divinedivinity.com/english/index1.htm) While were on the subject of trying out new rpg's, Divine Divinity is an excellent game that came out last year, but unfortunately it was released by CDV so as you can imagine it's, erm, underated.

It looks like Diablo (better graphics when u play tho animation is sweet) but the gameplay is more like a good version of Ultima 8: Pagan. I just love this game so much I thought I'd share it with you. IMO it's a hell of a lot better than Neverwinter Nights, but alas, no online. :( (thats coming in DD2 though omg I can't wait)

*edit* piccy i found*
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20010903/divine08.jpg
*edit* sorry mods, i just noticed this look like an advertisment. Is it? I'm just a fan of the game so i'm just voicing my opinion right?*

Ryuben
18-01-04, 01:24
i got NWN played it threw when i first got it but never really played it online

im now playing it again, cos it rocks. got a lvl 10 wiz :D erm.....but not played online yet, i patched up the game thow, but i only went on one server. they spoke german so i left :o any one got any tips of servers for a online noob for the game, and/or items to get ?

*edit* pm me plz :D