PDA

View Full Version : Red SL LE HAS to go...

VetteroX
17-01-04, 06:02
Im so sick of this: Im hunting for people to kill, and then see it... a tank with a CS, red SL. "YES! Time for a new CS for me!" I think. I raise my lib to start the process of getting my new CS, and then what do I find? The god damn coward has an LE in. PLEASE fix this. its just not fair that soemone can go on a killing spree, get red sl, and then casually go about doing missions and nobody can kill him... This is an exploit of the LE in my opinion, there no way the developers though "oh people can just go get negative 40 sl and then pop the old le in and do missions" The LE should not be implantable unless you have posative sl... I dont think anyone reasonable can disagree with this.

Glok
17-01-04, 06:12
It's possible to get red SL with an LE in by killing vendors. But for once I agree with you, the LE should not be implantable with red SL.

But you are still a murderous psychopath. :p

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:12
I think red SL should be viable.

Either make it so the guy drops 5 items, but still has his safeslot....

Or make it so the guy drops 1 item like everyone else, but his safeslot is off so he COULD drop the weapon.

Then I could have red chars that make n00bs ph34r and it would be good for roleplay....roleplaying a murderer that has no respect for factiosn or human life in general!

SovKhan
17-01-04, 06:21
fix the SL system so you dont lose SL for killing venders in warzones first.

Mr_Snow
17-01-04, 06:22
Ugh I feel so dirty for saying this but I agree with Vet that a LE should not be implantable with red sl but I also feel that the quickbelt penalty for red SL is too harsh. Basically it should remove the safeslot but still only drop one item not the currant get red sl and drop the inventory system.

IceStorm
17-01-04, 06:26
LE's a PvP switch, not a kill-nothing switch. It's possible to get negative SL by killing NPCs. Where's the problem?

If you're saying they're using it to hide from red SL, report it as a an exploit or accept that it's a tactic used in-game...

\\Fényx//
17-01-04, 06:28
Yea vet I saw 3 Red SL LE users at MB tonight ..... Back and forth doing missions, I slapped the LE in when I was at minus 72 SL, Just logged on one day and had uber fuxd SL... joy, so put my LE in after being hunted down so much, was told to remove it as only reason I did have it in was to not drop like a 10 item belt ... If I remember right it was Mercuri that told me to remove it O_o but might have been another GM ...

Mr_Snow
17-01-04, 06:34
If you lose sl killing vendors by accident then fair enough but other then that it be exploiting a anti-pvp switch so you dont pay for killing faction allies in anarchy zones or fighting in hunting zones if you do that then its your own stupidity that would lose you the stuff in your quickbelt.

Jest
17-01-04, 07:47
Originally posted by g0rt
I think red SL should be viable.

Either make it so the guy drops 5 items, but still has his safeslot....

Or make it so the guy drops 1 item like everyone else, but his safeslot is off so he COULD drop the weapon.

Then I could have red chars that make n00bs ph34r and it would be good for roleplay....roleplaying a murderer that has no respect for factiosn or human life in general! Yah I think Red SL should be turned to no safe slot only. No 5 item drop stuff. Id like to see murderers become viable.

TheEnemy
17-01-04, 08:10
I'm all for the no safe slot idea (you drop too many items at the moment, it really sucks and basically means I have to run from those stupid allied people who shoot at me since if I kill too many I'd get punished for it)
And the no LE when you have red SL idea.

Spex
17-01-04, 08:11
geez, and another weird VetX post ... but this one has been expected already (was only a matter of time :p)

I agree with SovKhan. There have been a lot of unwanted SL drops, either due to the shopkeepers in OPs or astray running shots, which dropped the SL to "red" SL. The OP-shopkeeper problem can be solved in code, the other problem is much much more complicated, simple solutions may open up doors for exploiting SL.

As long as the SL system has various bugs and "misbehaviour" I wouldn't disallow "red" SL people to pop the LE back in, regardless if they gained their SL intentionally or by a "bug".

And then these runners are punished enough already, because they have to spend some time doing missions and running at non-full capacity, have to leave their clan (if they were clan member before) etc.

CarniFlex
17-01-04, 11:13
Vetterox must be sleeping in a asbest pyjamas.

Mighty Max
17-01-04, 11:29
Hi,

you can get as an LE user bad SL just because you tried to save your own Life.

I.e. the NPC-monk at the snake graves everytime shoots me as an le wearing player when a mob hits it. To keep alive ive to kill him (or the doy bot but this takes much longer) => RED SL

It would be nice if some ppl would think about prejustice.

LE does not equal to cheater/exploiter

Thanks

Kikyo
17-01-04, 11:42
very stupid to have LE on when you have red SL since your a criminal when you have red SL why would cops have sympathy for a criminal? "sigh"

SorkZmok
17-01-04, 11:48
Originally posted by VetteroX
Im so sick of this: Im hunting for people to kill, and then see it... a tank with a CS, red SL. "YES! Time for a new CS for me!" I think. I raise my lib to start the process of getting my new CS, and then what do I find? The god damn coward has an LE in. PLEASE fix this. its just not fair that soemone can go on a killing spree, get red sl, and then casually go about doing missions and nobody can kill him... This is an exploit of the LE in my opinion, there no way the developers though "oh people can just go get negative 40 sl and then pop the old le in and do missions" The LE should not be implantable unless you have posative sl... I dont think anyone reasonable can disagree with this.
How bout
You leave, we all happy.
For me this sounds nice!
Well, according to my calcutations, [No Need For That - Ulle]
Yeah, that says it.

Cryotchekk
17-01-04, 11:50
Originally posted by VetteroX

i think for once, i have to agree with you.

Leebzie
17-01-04, 12:01
Hmmm... dont have an opinion either way, but I feel rather attached to my stuff, and Id have an LE in too...

It depends how he lost the soulight.

PvP = yep , cause enough people pain for that, no LE
PvM = dont even think you should lose SL for this... Just causes problems.

Remember when I nearly lost a 5 slot HL because I used to wrong spell in the MB vendors room and shot to -18. 2 people came after me, and I was shot to death in plaza 1. Man ... I owe that PPU so bad...

If id gone out and killed people with it to negative soullight (well hell under the current system I wouldnt get anything anyway) I spose Id feel id brought it on myself