PDA

View Full Version : "Exploit ? sounds like a bloody load of babies"

nobby
17-01-04, 05:12
right, according to u guys an exploit is something which u dont like, which has been programmed into the game- cannot result in a ban why the hell?.....
like the plaza soul cluster trick, i understand that people dont like being hit in a "safe" area, but aint this game supposed to be realistic? not being able to take a gun out in a area is stupid, whats the point of all those copbots everywhere?
like i said, the soul cluster trick was programmed into the game so instead to crying like bloody winging babies cos u lost at ur game, and banning inocent people, just "unprograme" these things, cos i feel like killing someone when they moan about some of them!

i beat my mate on street fighter on my first ever go on my snes i had got on my birthday, stupid twat couldnt take it that i had beaten him him with a special move and threw my lovely snes down the staires!
is this classed as one of those bloody "exploits"?

Psycho Killa
17-01-04, 05:18
Now your just being stupid. I actualy dont know what your talking about but I think u mean someone is somehow able to spawn a soul cluster in plaza which actualy can kill people not if theyre paying attention but u can kill people who are afk. This my friend IS AN exploit.

Many many of the other things people bitch about arent exploits but being able to damage someone in a safe zone IS AN EXPLOIT.

•Super|\|ova•
17-01-04, 05:30
Originally posted by nobby
right, according to u guys an exploit is something which u dont like, which has been programmed into the game- cannot result in a ban why the hell?.....
like the plaza soul cluster trick, i understand that people dont like being hit in a "safe" area, but aint this game supposed to be realistic? not being able to take a gun out in a area is stupid, whats the point of all those copbots everywhere?
like i said, the soul cluster trick was programmed into the game so instead to crying like bloody winging babies cos u lost at ur game, and banning inocent people, just "unprograme" these things, cos i feel like killing someone when they moan about some of them!

i beat my mate on street fighter on my first ever go on my snes i had got on my birthday, stupid twat couldnt take it that i had beaten him him with a special move and threw my lovely snes down the staires!

[Going A Little Over The Top Now Huh - Ulle]

Grow up and go buy yourself a brains.

nobby
17-01-04, 05:43
ok sorry, what i mean is, realism in the game-what i said about
i think thats why they do it, and banning poeple for these things, programmed into the game- whats the problem?

Mr_Snow
17-01-04, 05:43
Yes people should be banned for it since people in plaza tend to be afk and/or lomming making them vunerable and also cant pull out weapons to kill the SC.

Its and exploit and lame and tell a shrink about your childhood traumas because it doesnt have anything to do with the game and I doubt very many people in the community care.

Zanathos
17-01-04, 05:51
My brother spent hours mastering each of the street fighter characters, when we play and i kick his ass, he gets pissed.

and i barely play :) thats what the sad part is.

\\Fényx//
17-01-04, 05:52
ok sorry, what i mean is, realism in the game-what i said about
i think thats why they do it, and banning poeple for these things, programmed into the game- whats the problem?

"programmed into the game" So, I could go list all the known exploits, but dont want another slap of nid, but, they are exploits because their fuck ups ion the code, yea the codes there, they are able to do it, but their NOT MEANT to be able to do it :rolleyes: o_O THATS why its a exploit, a Exploit is when your taking advantage of a bug or something else to make something happen when it shouldnt, aka SC in SafeZone etc

Shadow Dancer
17-01-04, 06:14
This thread is an exploit.

I think that it's sometimes hard to define what is or isn't an exploit based on the definition. And it's not like KK can just give us a list of all the exploits to "not" use. :lol:

:p@sovkan

SovKhan
17-01-04, 06:18
shadow dancers postcount should be an exploit.

t0tt3
17-01-04, 06:27
Nobby are you stoned? :rolleyes:

Flea
17-01-04, 07:04
hay eksploITtttttttttibg

icqant tyuep,

Spex
17-01-04, 08:31
"The code allows it so why is that an exploit???" ... boy, if you think that way then many buffer overflows which lead to severe security risks are not exploits and can be "used" by everyone unharmed. But instead of that they are handled as a crime most often.

Or to put it to an extreme: I shot you with a gun and then say "the 'code' doesn't prevent that" ...

SorkZmok
17-01-04, 09:15

[Again No Need For That - Ulle]

/edit
Hell the threadstarter is an idiot.
the plaza SC "trick" is not a "trick" its a fucking exploit. Cause You shouldnt be abled to cast it in safezones. No matter what you think, idiot.
That includes ALL exploits. Like that dumb SC bug. If you use an exploit to win a fight or whatever, youre an idiot. Report that, otherwise you deserve a ban.

And WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT STREETFIGHTER???

Carbonite
17-01-04, 10:49
Well nobby if you feel like spawning the SC in plaza feel free to do it.. Dont come crying when your banned for it though.. Its exploiting Bugs...
Now if you guys has such a huge list of exploits why dont you send them to exploits@neocron.com ??? so they can be fixed..

J. Folsom
17-01-04, 13:28
Banning is programmed in the game as well, but I don't see anyone arguing that GM's should just be able to ban everyone for the fun of it.

Same principle, just applied differently.

To put it differently, just because something is possible does not mean it has to be allowed.

jernau
17-01-04, 14:01
Didn't Nid close a thread just like this yesterday?

Wake up Niddy!!!

Judge
17-01-04, 14:19
Indeed... being able to cast SC, or have a SC in a safe zone is most definitely exploiting. Very badly, I'm surprised that the thread has been alive for this long without feeling Nids wrath.

Callash
17-01-04, 14:22

Tons of backdoors, buffer overflows and such are coded into Windows, so I am sure you don't mind if I hack your computer exploiting those bugs, then formatting your harddrive and installing Neocron 20 times in a row on it, right?

:p

To Exploit means to deliberately misuse weaknesses or bugs in Game features for personal advantage. If you do that, that is a bannable offense. And that's all there is to it.

Judge
17-01-04, 14:34
Wouldn't mind giving us a shout about some of those back-doors and buffer overflows would you, Callash? :p

jernau
17-01-04, 14:49
Originally posted by Judge
Wouldn't mind giving us a shout about some of those back-doors and buffer overflows would you, Callash? :p

I'm sure www.slashdot.org would love to tell you more ;).

Chaplin
17-01-04, 15:03
I get even more pissed off by people who explain these exploits to newbies in local to show off how "veteran" they are...

•Super|\|ova•
17-01-04, 17:54
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
[Going A Little Over The Top Now Huh - Ulle]

Hehe... I knew it would get moderated :) I just wanted to point out to this guy that this kind of moral isn't tolerated among most of the community at all.

Btw... anyone who saw that moderated part, do you know who has used that phrase? :)

Doc Holliday
17-01-04, 21:24
Originally posted by Callash
Tons of backdoors, buffer overflows and such are coded into Windows, so I am sure you don't mind if I hack your computer exploiting those bugs, then formatting your harddrive and installing Neocron 20 times in a row on it, right?

:p

To Exploit means to deliberately misuse weaknesses or bugs in Game features for personal advantage. If you do that, that is a bannable offense. And that's all there is to it.

who needs the banstick with a put down like that. that was of the highest order.

ghandisfury
17-01-04, 21:30
Originally posted by Callash

So what is using parashock halo then:p

alig
17-01-04, 22:51
Originally posted by Carbonite
Well nobby if you feel like spawning the SC in plaza feel free to do it.. Dont come crying when your banned for it though.. Its exploiting Bugs...
Now if you guys has such a huge list of exploits why dont you send them to exploits@neocron.com ??? so they can be fixed..

Well carbonite....as everytime i press that email tab, i have to register something every god damn time....i hate registering anything, im lazy...ill say it here : Put a stop to the punching guard exploit, its 1] not funny 2] says ur a pussy 3] is exploiting....i hope ur gunna remove this for a few logical reasons... one being, le n00bs running past as i found out new ts ppl sometimes get an apt in the bd zone [pp2] doesnt bother me cuz i would kill all the 0/2 ts'es but its not the point im making, kthx :p

Arbiter
18-01-04, 01:26
There are no appartments in the tsunami area (pp 1), so all tsunamis have their appartments in pp2 or 3.

You have to register to send a mail? :confused:

Ryuben
18-01-04, 01:36
Originally posted by Carbonite

hmm the last person that told KK about a "bug" in there system got there account perma banned, he wasn't allowed to take his clans items off it, and the other char that some one else played HE wasn't allowed to get all his shit off it too or HIS clans stuff

/sarcasam
YEAH THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO UHUH
/end sarcasam

\\Fényx//
18-01-04, 01:39
Originally posted by Ryuben
hmm the last person that told KK about a "bug" in there system got there account perma banned, he wasn't allowed to take his clans items off it, and the other char that some one else played HE wasn't allowed to get all his shit off it too or HIS clans stuff

/sarcasam
YEAH THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO UHUH
/end sarcasam

I miss my PE :(

bastard why'd you have to remind me about that :p

Ryuben
18-01-04, 01:42
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I miss my PE :(

bastard why'd you have to remind me about that :p

Looks about innocently, why i wasn't talking about rizzys account and ur PE fenix honest guv..was talking about something else "uhuh"

alig
18-01-04, 01:42
yeah but thats wot im getting at...ur 0/2, there are bd's normally in the bd zone, they hate ur faction [well i do] yet they cant harm u, so they punch a guard....1 dead le n00b, not to mention how much this happens with high lvl players....yeesh, talk about lack of skills.

err the email thing im not to sure on, the other week it kept coming up with a "enter email address here....." and to do that is to much :o im weiry whether it will want a password [a new one] i dont like to use the same password for every registration i do, its just not right....and i dont write them down [incase someone h4x my pc], starting to forget important passwords like Worldpay ones and ones that cost me money if i forget o_O but im sure the ppl that aint n00bs that do this have already reported it so ill take my chances:p

Nidhogg
18-01-04, 01:47
Originally posted by Ryuben
hmm the last person that told KK about a "bug" in there system got there account perma banned He told KK of an exploit and was banned for it? Don't be ridiculous. He hacked someone's email account and used it to change that person's forum account password; a kind of DOS attack. The person who was hacked reported the offender who later came forward to admit what he had done. Yes he was banned.

Discussion of moderator, GM or KK decisions is strictly prohibited from these forums so do not bring this subject up again.

N

\\Fényx//
18-01-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Nidhogg
He told KK of an exploit and was banned for it? Don't be ridiculous. He hacked someone's email account and used it to change that person's forum account password; a kind of DOS attack. The person who was hacked reported the offender who later came forward to admit what he had done. Yes he was banned.

Discussion of moderator, GM or KK decisions is strictly prohibited from these forums so do not bring this subject up again.

N

I understand why he was banned, but it still seems like a practical joke gone wrong, as the 2 guys know eachother afaik

[Edit] Nid dont get me wrong, I aint pissed anymore, just what mainly pissed me off was that I lost alotta shit thru his stupidity |:

Nidhogg
18-01-04, 01:52
Discussion of moderator, GM or KK decisions is strictly prohibited from these forums so do not bring this subject up again. What he said.

N

\\Fényx//
18-01-04, 01:54
What he said.

N

Double personality problems nid ? Talkin to yourself from the third perspective ? :p ;) but yea, no more talk about ''that incident''

GT_Rince
18-01-04, 01:58

@ the rant in general - HAR HAR HAR !
/end fake laugh
Dude - you, amongst others here, need to get a grip - take a deep breath and SHUT THE FUCK UP! Stop talking bollocks and next time if you plan on having a rant, think it through 1st. All that has happened here, is that you now look like some kinda clueless cunt!