PDA

View Full Version : Hey KK, how about updating the FAQ at least once since retail release >.<...

Shujin
16-01-04, 17:19
Comeon, now that IGN has shown some people neocron you really don't want them see'ing an old FAQ that almost has nothing to do with the game anymore do you...

Example:
How many types of PSI are there?

There are three types of PSI:

aggressive (combat PSI modules)

passive (protect or healing PSI modules)

exotic (all other PSI modules)
Each type is associated to seperate skills and includes many different PSI modules.

Example 2 from same page.™

Can you mention some of the PSI modules?

Sure - fire-lance, lightning, cloak, freeze and heal.

ok onlyone with the same name is heal...

and another™
What is the hacking system like?

The hacking system will resemble that of an old C64 game called “Paradroid”. Basically it is a circuit board and you have to connect more circuits faster than the computer. In theory you will be able to hack every terminal (even those in the faction headquarters) to gather classified information. Furthermore there will be special hacking missions , where the hacker has to access a certain terminal and find specific information to claim a reward (experience points, money, special items etc.).

and another™
With so many player apartments, how will I find a particular one?

Neocron will include a unique in game navigation system, the NavRay, which allows the player to track a special apartment or, for instance, the next mission waypoint.

if by waypoint u mean an apartment or hq yes, but it cant lead to an npc in the wastelands, or an even a particular op.

THIS ONE PISSES ME OFF™
How can other players get into my apartment when I invite them to come and party?

An apartment is protected by an alphanumerical pass-code and a keycard. You can give the pin to your friends, and open the front door for them, then change the pincode after the party is over.

We've been asking for this for so long we want to share our damn apartments with friends...KK this is pure false advertising... ;/

El_MUERkO
16-01-04, 17:24
if its not in capitals no one will read it, i though you understood that o_O

----------------------------------

On topic I do agree the FAQ needs updating maybe people could write parts and submit them for approval then we'd end up with an accurate FAQ and KK could continue to concentrate on BDOY and patches :)

Illion
16-01-04, 17:26
Yup, same for the manual... I recently introduced two friends to the game and after a couple of weeks realised that they had read the manual an foolishly assumed that this it was all still true.

Eg: Before being killed they would drag all their good stuff from the quickbelt to their inventory so they didn't drop anything..!!
:rolleyes:

Ill.

Shujin
16-01-04, 17:27
Originally posted by Illion
Yup, same for the manual... I recently introduced two friends to the game and after a couple of weeks realised that they had read the manual an foolishly assumed that this it was all still true.

Eg: Before being killed they would drag all their good stuff from the quickbelt to their inventory so they didn't drop anything..!!
:rolleyes:

Ill. omg >.<

rob444
16-01-04, 17:37
Yeah I agree that the manual is not up2date heh... But I guess they dont want to fund new manuals since it costs to much? o_O

Shujin
16-01-04, 17:39
Originally posted by rob444
Yeah I agree that the manual is not up2date heh... But I guess they dont want to fund new manuals since it costs to much? o_O they could get by that easy, just include a small booklet with the most basicly information like how to connect etc and put that the Manual is available online, so they can keep it up-2-date

rob444
16-01-04, 17:43
They got a manual online, just checked it a little bit so I dont know if they have "updated" it.

Shujin
16-01-04, 17:46
Originally posted by rob444
They got a manual online, just checked it a little bit so I dont know if they have "updated" it. yea but i mean just dont ship a manual with the game, itll save them money and headaches.

just include a simple thing like a manual but just tells you how to get get an account, download patches, install, and basicly the non ingame stuff.

and at the end tell them "An up-to-date online manual is available at http://www.neocron.com"

or just add that to the current manual and just update the online one

Cruzbroker
16-01-04, 17:47
Yeah, And ALOT of other Help stuff INGAME.. like missions "temperaly offline" or something else bs... I was going to propose they would do a patch with fully fixed epic / mission / help text and bugs..

numb
16-01-04, 18:28
Originally posted by Shujin
How can other players get into my apartment when I invite them to come and party?

An apartment is protected by an alphanumerical pass-code and a keycard. You can give the pin to your friends, and open the front door for them, then change the pincode after the party is over.

We've been asking for this for so long we want to share our damn apartments with friends...KK this is pure false advertising... ;/

Isnt the above completely correct? Say if I wanted 50 people to come and 'party' (if they can move) in my apartment. I'd give them the password + location and have to open the door for each and every one of them. It's always been that way.

Shareable apartments are a completely different issue and this is not false advertising at all, I believe in your rage you read it incorrectly mate :)

Shujin
16-01-04, 18:35
comeon u know that sounds like what i thought it was ;|
and i bet thats what they meant

Ulle
16-01-04, 19:16
OK, just asked about this and there will definately be a Manual update for BDoY, however a FAQ update is un-certain at the current time.

Odin
16-01-04, 20:07
The entire website will be changed for BDoY so it would be a waste of resources right now to change it up and then have to change it up again for BDoY.

Jest
16-01-04, 20:09
Originally posted by Odin
The entire website will be changed for BDoY so it would be a waste of resources right now to change it up and then have to change it up again for BDoY. That statement makes it sound like BDoY is a long time away. :(

Strych9
16-01-04, 20:10
I would be glad to volunteer my time to make changes to the current faq. Then it would only take a small amount of time for someone to change out the FAQ answers.

Tratos
16-01-04, 20:17
Originally posted by Jest
That statement makes it sound like BDoY is a long time away. :(

to me that makes it sound its pretty close tbh, as why would they update the site then update it again in a month or 2.

so yey :D

and yeah, a nice new online manual and FAQ will be very nice.

~T

Odin
16-01-04, 20:24
Well I don't know any dates etc. Just heard some stuff about a website makeover ;) You know all the secretive stuff from the office and such 8|

Jest
16-01-04, 20:24
Originally posted by Tratos
to me that makes it sound its pretty close tbh, as why would they update the site then update it again in a month or 2.

so yey :D

and yeah, a nice new online manual and FAQ will be very nice.

~T Two months IS a long time away haha.

Necrosadistic
16-01-04, 23:32
Lol it would just take a few hours to rewrite the FAQ FFS, and any half-competent NC player could do it...

Now I understand the thing about having a whole new manual and making sure its well written and undersandable, but the FAQ....

Benjie
16-01-04, 23:37
*edit*nm I r teh dumbass*

robinitnow
16-01-04, 23:44
Originally posted by Necrosadistic
Lol it would just take a few hours to rewrite the FAQ FFS, and any half-competent NC player could do it...

Now I understand the thing about having a whole new manual and making sure its well written and undersandable, but the FAQ....

that would be nc players that know nowt about the new expantion pack?

I would reather thay get the thing coded than write a faq when thay have not coaded everything yet

Necrosadistic
17-01-04, 01:27
I meant that they could at least write an FAQ for the current version... Even though there aren't that many new players really....

numb
17-01-04, 02:54
I hope they put a faq for what's coming in BDoY before it comes out.

Ryuben
17-01-04, 13:48
all they need do is release teh FaQ whilst they are "patching " the serves with DoY , no one will care too much about the servers being down as they will all be reading the new FaQ :p

robinitnow
17-01-04, 13:59
it is a wste of there time

wright one your self if you have that big of a problem with it