PDA

View Full Version : Parashock halo=exploit

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:27
At what point are people going to get banned for using parashock halo? It's been said that para's are bugged, and now all these kiddies are using parashock halo to compensate. When are is it going to be stated whether it's a bannable offence or not?

mcouillard
16-01-04, 06:29
It is bugged. They have officially stated it. Remember turrets in the UG? Why hasn't ANYTHING been done about this? Hotfix? A GM saying you'll be banned for using it? SOMETHING!

Nvidia
16-01-04, 06:30
Don't worry... it'll be here soon, just like the question about the Copbot rifles... :rolleyes:

Jest
16-01-04, 06:30
Hehe Ghandi this is like the ninth post you've made about this. Dont think its gonna happen mate, just gotta wait until the patch hits retail.

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:32
Parashock sucks, but it's do-able. I can stand it....I can hang. But now the parashock halo is even worse....and it's bugged.....

It's been said that taking advantage of a bug to gain an advantage over other players = exploit so, people are doing just that when using parashock halo. when are they going to be banned for using a well known exploit?

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:33
Originally posted by Jest
Hehe Ghandi this is like the ninth post you've made about this. Dont think its gonna happen mate, just gotta wait until the patch hits retail.

lol, no this is number 2:p, and in the first it was never answered.

40$Poser
16-01-04, 06:34
you can't ban people for something you put in the game. Yes it is bugged, but to ban everyone using this spell would be ridiculous. Plus KK would never do that because they'd most likely lose a lot of customers ie. people who have ppus and use the spell.

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:36
Originally posted by 40$Poser
you can't ban people for something you put in the game.

Yes you can.....what do you think an exploit is? Some people will work all day to find something in the game that will give them an advantage over all other people.

Cytaur
16-01-04, 06:37
what about noobs who want to use parashock ? you cant tell them stick with lower one or dont use at all

Lucid Dream
16-01-04, 06:38
A GM/Dev really needs to give us some input on this. its obviously and exploit, and we need some verification that it is at least some sort of offense.

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:39
Originally posted by Cytaur
what about noobs who want to use parashock ? you cant tell them stick with lower one or dont use at all

That's exactly what you tell them. Just like the thread on the UG you tell people to stop. Once it is informed to all the it is indeed an exploit people will stop using it. I'm not asking for people to get banned, I'm asking for KK to comment on whether it is or not.

Rjn
16-01-04, 06:41
lets just get rid of para compleatly

petek480
16-01-04, 06:43
If people can't use para halo then people can't use holy para either becuase thats bugged too.

Alex The Great
Till its posted that its an expliot You would be an idiot not to use para halo.

g0rt
[ Neither four letter words nor typing in caps enhances your point. Knock it off. ]

_ Ran

SovKhan
16-01-04, 06:55
turrets wernt allowed in UG's cus it didnt allow the op swich over, that has been fixed turrets are now allowed in UG's.

para halo is gay it will be fixed, and i dont bother to use it cus its just stupid imo.

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 06:55
[ Referenced post edited, no need to troll. ]

_ Ran

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 07:16
Originally posted by g0rt
Just pack up your bags. Leave. Honestly, anyone that thinks players should be banned for choice of spell should just LEAVE.

Well GEE WIZ. I wonder why they use that spell? Why is it that they chose THAT spell ever since the patch? AHHHH, I'll tell you why. Because it's more powerfull than holypara before the patch, and it casts at 105 ROF with little to nothing mana. So, in escence they used "chose" this spell because it's bugged. I wouldn't mind if it had the same shock as a freezer pistol (like it used to), but you need to sit back and think about why it's been chosen by 99% of the kiddies on the servers.

[ Edited out some OT responses. ]
_Ran

Ban people for using a spell...GOD just do the world a favor and fuck off...

Ban people for using a spell? NO. Ban people for using a bugged spell even though they can use the one that was "fixed" with the last patch...YES.

Devils Grace
16-01-04, 07:17
[ When you admit that you're flaming someone... *sigh* nm ]
_Ran

Ehyuko
16-01-04, 07:22
Either a hotfix or an official position on this would be nice for both sides. It's been stated that parashock was unintentionally increased in power and will be fixed, however it's not been officially said this is an exploit - likely because this will be in the next patch. This leads to a group of people NOT using holy parashock halo in place of holy para because it's bugged and people who have switched to holy parashock halo instead of holy para for the same reason.

It's quite obvious that people using holy parashock halo in PvP situations are doing it BECAUSE of this bug, not because it's suddenly their "choice of spell." This is not about a feature such as headshots in CS of TFC, but about a known issue - such as say aimbots or wall hacks that would most likely get you booted from a server.

Of course a hotfix would be the perfered solution, but since that doesn't seem to be happening, could we have an official word on this please?

Note the only people NOT wanting any clarification on this matter are people whom have moved from holy para to holy parashock halo... hmm wonder why they don't want to know... :rolleyes:

Odin
16-01-04, 07:30
Standard rule of thumb. Unless you see a post from a KK or a lead GM tells you then it's fair game.

Nvidia
16-01-04, 07:39
Odin, does that mean I can use my copbot rifle without fear of it being taken away from me when I'm not even logged on? Or should I let it continue to sit there in the cabinet, collecting dust? :(

g0rt
16-01-04, 07:39
Ban people for using a spell? NO. Ban people for using a bugged spell even though they can use the one that was "fixed" with the last patch...YES.

NO

*********FIX THE BUG***********

not **********LOWER CLIENT COUNT************

Banning people is the LAST thing that should happen in this game.

Tell me how BANNING A PLAYER because they CHOOSE TO USE A CERTAIN SPELL THATS AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE TO USE can possibly help this game?

FIXING THE BUG WOULD HELP THE GAME, thats what.

[ Edited out everything OT. What's left is an example of a post that would not be edited. ]
_Ran

Odin
16-01-04, 07:48
Originally posted by Nvidia
Odin, does that mean I can use my copbot rifle without fear of it being taken away from me when I'm not even logged on? Or should I let it continue to sit there in the cabinet, collecting dust? :(

No cause that is on record as a no use. Those should be turned into any GM.

And lets calm down people. No need for dramatics.

Samhain
16-01-04, 07:52
Tell me how BANNING A PLAYER because they CHOOSE TO USE A CERTAIN SPELL THATS AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE TO USE can possibly help this game?

You need to calm the fuck down, buddy.

If a player is *told* they cannot do something, and then they do it anyway, they should be banned. How does that help the game? It removes a player how disobeys official order that is brought upon us to maintain balance and enjoyment for the rest of the game. You cite losing an account as a reason against this course of action - yet you fail to take in to consideration the possible consequences of allowing such an action to proceed - that is, the loss of even more accounts. Ban 1 player for being an asshat, or lose 5 because they are getting griefed?

Same logic, we were all told not to put turrets in the underground. Sure, warn a player in game incase they don't read the forums. Then if they do it again, can their ass.

40$Poser
16-01-04, 07:56
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Yes you can.....what do you think an exploit is? Some people will work all day to find something in the game that will give them an advantage over all other people.

OMG OMG OMG BAN ME CAUSE I AM USING PSI BOOSTER 3 I R LEET CAUSE MY MANA CAN REGAIN

WHINE WHINE WHINE

CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE

i think that sums it up tbh.

btw, feliz navidad

Ran
16-01-04, 08:56
Watch the flames.

Birkoff
16-01-04, 09:11
Originally posted by Odin
Standard rule of thumb. Unless you see a post from a KK or a lead GM tells you then it's fair game.

Good Game Odin

but abour the vopbot rifles..... :D

JackScratch
16-01-04, 09:22
Well, let me see, PPUs only weapon(?) was made into a melee weapon, what the hell did you think they would do. They changed their gameplay the best they could. You don't like the halo, well what was done to the beam was retarded, it was a rediculous nerf. I realy made a stupid assumption that when they said they would lay of the nerf sledge hammer, that they would go to something lighter. Sadly it seems the PPUs get the Nerf nuke. You people will whine about anything, leave the damn game the hell alone. They will fix the game when they get good an ready, and you know what the whiners will do till then? They will deal with it, (oh, yeah, and whine, lot's of whineing.)

I have played this game since Beta 4, and in all that time I have never asked for anything to be nerfed or buffed. I play the game the way it is, I'm sick and tired of the "change the game to benifit me" posts. You think one class has a big advantage over yours, then reroll and shut up.

Birkoff
16-01-04, 09:26
jackscratch, not being funny or anything but your signature says it all.

JackScratch
16-01-04, 09:32
OK, I have no Idea what that was supposed to mean. Sounds remarkably like a flame, but I will reserve judgement for your explanation.

g0rt
16-01-04, 09:39
Originally posted by Samhain
You need to calm the fuck down, buddy.

If a player is *told* they cannot do something, and then they do it anyway, they should be banned. How does that help the game? It removes a player how disobeys official order that is brought upon us to maintain balance and enjoyment for the rest of the game. You cite losing an account as a reason against this course of action - yet you fail to take in to consideration the possible consequences of allowing such an action to proceed - that is, the loss of even more accounts. Ban 1 player for being an asshat, or lose 5 because they are getting griefed?

Same logic, we were all told not to put turrets in the underground. Sure, warn a player in game incase they don't read the forums. Then if they do it again, can their ass.

Nah im not gonna calm down, I have no patience for people who actually think banning people is the answer. Fixing the problem is the answer ffs.

Original monk
16-01-04, 12:33
Originally posted by Odin
No cause that is on record as a no use. Those should be turned into any GM.

And lets calm down people. No need for dramatics.

this is the first time i officialy see a statement that copbotrifles are illegal to use ... then from this point on i stop calling tradechannel to buy one :/ 2 bad cause im looking for one since they removed em from the copbots :/ in beta4 somewhere or early retail i think ...

anyway: good to know, i stop my search

deac
16-01-04, 16:43
Nah im not gonna calm down, I have no patience for people who actually think banning people is the answer. Fixing the problem is the answer ffs.

agree wtf is up with all the whining lately?

nerf this ... exploit that....

JUST FREAKING PLAY THE GAME YOU %%¤¤#""!

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 16:46
Originally posted by deac

I do, and I enjoy it. It's just a pitty that some people will find any exploit they can to try to gain an advantage. I just can't wait for the day that parashock is removed (god I hope that's soon).

Scikar
16-01-04, 19:48
Originally posted by JackScratch
OK, I have no Idea what that was supposed to mean. Sounds remarkably like a flame, but I will reserve judgement for your explanation.

I think the point Birkoff was trying to make was that parashock is the key thing ruining high level PvP and OP wars. TechSyn may have changed since I was last on Pluto, but if they are the same as I knew them then you don't tend to partake much in high level PvP (or ganking, call it what you will) and OP wars, so parashock won't be as game-destroying for you as it is to other players.

g0rt
16-01-04, 19:55
Originally posted by deac

I know what you mean. Every second thing in the game is an exploit. Its annoying.

ghandisfury
16-01-04, 20:09
I know what you mean. Every second thing in the game is an exploit. Its annoying.

No, just this. The fact of the matter is holy para was "fixed" with the last patch. However, there were bugs. So if they were using holy para I wouldn't complain simply because the effect is borked but mana consumption and cast time compensate. Holy para halo is bugged, so using a lower TL spell because it's bugged IS THE EXPLOIT.

It would be the same if lets say.....energy beam now does double the damage of Holy lighting. All APUs switch from using Holy lightning *because it's bugged*. No difference, both are exploits.

g0rt
16-01-04, 21:16
No, just this. The fact of the matter is holy para was "fixed" with the last patch. However, there were bugs. So if they were using holy para I wouldn't complain simply because the effect is borked but mana consumption and cast time compensate. Holy para halo is bugged, so using a lower TL spell because it's bugged IS THE EXPLOIT.

It would be the same if lets say.....energy beam now does double the damage of Holy lighting. All APUs switch from using Holy lightning *because it's bugged*. No difference, both are exploits.

...due to KK screwing it up.

The Judge is more powerfull then the executioner, and is quite a bit lower TL...does this mean any spy using a Judge is exploiting?

Just because its a lower TL item thats better then a higher TL one doesn't mean its an exploit...its just something that should be CHANGED in a patch, but something everyone should just LIVE WITH until then.

And as for everything being an exploit...trust me...people will whine about anything on here, standing on boxes is an exploit, tl3 healing is an exploit, casting a pistol booster 1 on a tank is an exploit, using poison beam to pvp then zoning to save your own life is an exploit, using fire apoc and then zoning to save your life from the queer guards is an exploit, ive even heard things SO rediculous that it made me want to find the guy and punch him in the face....things like using TACTICS to OUT MANEUVER A FUCKING GRIM CHASER is an exploit...you're supposed to stand in front of it and accept the beating. Don't forget that not walking close to a *** fire mob is an exploit, because they dont have a chance to spawn babies!

It goes on and on....the people playing this game are just a bunch of crybabies, these things arent exploits.

KramerTheWeird
16-01-04, 21:23
It's funny the only sensible post here, by pete, got totally ignored.

Every PSI parashock is bugged. They all give higher shock values than normal. Using paralysis would just be the same as halo, just the same as normal parashock beam or parashock blast. So using every parashock, by this standard, is exploiting.

nugz420
16-01-04, 21:53
originaly posted by ODIN

No No Odin the rule of thumb was a rule early this century that let a man beat his wife as long as the switch was no bigger then his thumb.(damn history channel)

ok back on topic with your reasoning Ghandi all para's at the moment are a exploit since all are more powerful than KK wanted.

40$Poser
16-01-04, 22:16
I think we got ourselves a 'whiner of the week'

congrats. It's obvious no one agrees with you that it's an exploit. Hell, the mods/gms even say it isn't an exploit. So what will make you be quiet? Cause honestly, your moaning is not doing anything for your cause, a horrible cause at that.

RayBob
16-01-04, 22:40
I agree with the majority of the posters as well, it is not an exploit. I am quite tired of seeing at least one post a day of people complaining that this or that is an exploit (hell, I am guilty of it too). And for every person that posts, there are 10+ in-game "OMG you exploiter, I have screen shot, I'm going to get you banned." I'm sick of it. I think that part of the problem is the community has been "trained" to think this way.

In fact, it was this thread that inspired me to start my own thread on the subject of rules and how I feel they are negatively impacting the community. Evidently, I'm not allowed to discuss not only a specific rule but the entire concept of rules, so that thread was locked down tight--yet, threads like "Why I'm sick to death of this game" can go on for 4 pages. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an American, but I am pretty damn sensitive to censorship. Evidently KK sees things differently. The only way is their way and if you dare disagree you don't have a right to even discuss it, no matter how well-thought out you argument is.

Samhain
17-01-04, 00:24
it's funny though - he wasn't asking for your opinion, he was asking when. so proper responses would have been "KK has stated that it is not an exploit", not "omfg i don't think it's an exploit!1"

El_MUERkO
17-01-04, 01:25
Well if para halos legal thats ok now will KK please fix it so its stun level is lower than the level of the Holy Para which is a rare.

•Super|\|ova•
17-01-04, 01:35
Originally posted by Samhain
it's funny though - he wasn't asking for your opinion, he was asking when. so proper responses would have been "KK has stated that it is not an exploit", not "omfg i don't think it's an exploit!1"

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

petek480
17-01-04, 02:39

You can't compare a situation were the energy beam doing double the damage of holyy lighting tp the para situation right now becuase para halo dooesn't stun you twice as much as holy para. And by your logic using holy para would be an exploit, it's bugged and its stun is way more powerful then what it should be

mehirc
17-01-04, 03:04
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Every PSI parashock is bugged. They all give higher shock values than normal. Using paralysis would just be the same as halo, just the same as normal parashock beam or parashock blast. So using every parashock, by this standard, is exploiting.

Thats right the effect of all paraspells is bugged, but we cannot all stop parashocking because the effect is harder, its an element of the gameplay we have to deal with. But we can at least use our normal spells and NOT exploit that bug.

The simple use of Spells is no exploit, but if you use certain spells intended because of bugs to reach an unfair advantage, it is.

El Barto
17-01-04, 04:04
I am 99% sure its not an expliot, bug yes, expliot no.

Netphreak
17-01-04, 04:21
OK i know this is off topic but its about time they released copbot rifles back into the game (all servers this time o_O ) But change its requirements ie. make it require 120 DEX. Therefore its 'spy' only so no overpowered pe's can use it and spies might actually gimp to use pa4 too.

As for the para halo, i suppose you'll just have to kos anyone who uses it to spam/kill you! :p :D

Also its requirements are gonna get changed with the next patch so it should be fixed in that patch too!

CerealKiller
17-01-04, 05:37
You can't put Turrets in the UG still?

LordError
17-01-04, 05:42
Ok guys, im pretty fresh at this game so maybe my arguments does'nt count for much.

But wtf is up with you guys? (no offence intented, firugre of speach) Yeah, people whine, and people whine over people whineing. But this is how it is, deal with it. The spell is bugged, and you banning wannabies want all who use it to be banned. Well, smart move. If you ban players all the time for KK screwing up, well.. Dont expect a lot of people playing. If you go on a banning frenzy, what will happen.. people will get pissed off and quit the game.

What would that serve, less players, less fun, less money for KK, end of NC.

Many of you complain so much, let KK fix it or come with a official anouncement. Meanwhile, shut up! Whineing is'nt going to help anyway. The only thing you are acompishing is anonying the community.

I guess it just takes to much energy to think before you post. Use youre brains for once. Dont try to change the game, let KK do that. Its their responibiliy _not_ yours.

I can agree that it is important to let them know about bugs, but they know, shut up already. They will fixed when they see fit. No, i dont use that spell, im not even a ppu. But where has your respect gone, maybe you left it in RL.

This is not ment to offend anyone, but some of you guys are realy getting to me. Stop complaining, things will get fixed when KK finds it apropriate.

Spectra260
17-01-04, 05:43
what i dont get is WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO FIX IT

they know its a problem, it was stated like a month ago, yet it STILL isnt fixed...

i COULD use one for my PPU but i still dont...i think i might start though if it isnt fixed soon..i mean seriously after this long we deserve to be able to use them or somthing....it doesnt take this long to fix somthing so important...

i guess they dont think of it as a big deal, even though it trashes OP wars... they probably wont get on it untill the next retail patch

Devils Grace
17-01-04, 07:20
he wants to ban the ppl that are better then him

he is a fucking girl that cant adapt to nottin

go get some hairs under ur arms u nib

mehirc
17-01-04, 11:19
Originally posted by El Barto
I am 99% sure its not an expliot, bug yes, expliot no.

The bug is the boosted parashock effect, the exploit is to use the energy halo because its resulting much better stats at lower TL and same effect.

I really think it doesnt matter if someting is officially forbidden or not. Everybody should know what he is doing and when he tries to get an advantage out of bugs. ;)

Magnazan
17-01-04, 11:53
I remember when the heavy delfector belt was bugged that was the win. Although i didn't see any omg exploit threads then... If KK can't even create a quick bug fix then i for one won't stop using it along with every other bugged spell/weapon/op/zone/vehicle/tool/cave/mob etc These need to be fixed and banning anymore of the already pathetic community isn't the answer. +1

rubaduckythug
17-01-04, 15:32
if you consider it an exploit and that ppl should be banned then i think kk would have the decision on that. For one thing if kk was serious they wouldnt bann ppl 4 using it. Heres a situation... A player comes back from a 2 month nc free vacation, hes in aggys or pp whne he sees a enemy running up on him with there cs out, he quickly pulls out his only means of slowing that enemy down which is his 2 slot para halo. Bam tnak is para'd and monk runs off to saftey. Now that same tnak calls a gm and gets this player who hasnt been on and has no idea that its not supposed to be used banned 0_o not fair.

Although kk wouldnt be so dumb, they'd probably just tell them not to use it again and go on with the work they have cut out for them.

I dont ever rember kk saying it was an exploit 4 1 thing mabey bugged but not an exploit so stop making it sound like an exploit.

Also if kk didnt want ppl to use it then they should really jsut make it a temp item so no one can use it atm until it has been fixed.

EDIT: This is not directed at kk but more becuase ppl keep bitching about it. If ya dont want it to be used until its fixed then get off your ass kk and make it temp dont be lazy. thats jsut incase kk says its a bannable exploit cuase not everyone would know that. not all ppl have forums accounts or jsut havnt been on in awhile. Although i know kk is aware of this shit unlike a lot of you complaining ppl

mehirc
17-01-04, 15:49
Not all exploits are a reason to ban someone immediatly.

Exploits that are so commonly used cant be forbidden and followed up. But if KK has a reason to watch one specific person and they see him doing such little exploits, these would (hopefully) contribute to a possible ban.

As long as there are no fixes you only can appeal to the people not to use it in favour of fairness. (No it is not fair only because everybody can do it!)

rubaduckythug
17-01-04, 15:58
It hasnt been called a bannable exploit. so if i use the ca armor which would gimp me seriously then its a exploit cuase its not supposed to be that gimped and i will be banned?

So if i use a bugged piece of armor that works against me its ok? The armor isnt ment to be gimped liek that now remeber :)

But if i use somthing that i would noramly use but its bugged and still works to my advantage as it would have b4 too its bannable?

So thsi is wut we have.... Works against you live wiht it, its not bannable. It works for you, oh its bannable and is an imediate exploit.

Also i dont think it being bugged would have made much of a difference wheater your ass lived or not :p

ghandisfury
17-01-04, 16:01
Originally posted by petek480
You can't compare a situation were the energy beam doing double the damage of holyy lighting tp the para situation right now becuase para halo dooesn't stun you twice as much as holy para. And by your logic using holy para would be an exploit, it's bugged and its stun is way more powerful then what it should be

Yes I can, becuase all of these PPUs were previously using holy paralasys. The_only_reason they moved to halo is the fact that it's bugged! They are able to use holy paralasys, yet they use parashock halo because of the BUG. In my annalogy Pete the beem would be bugged, yet the APU could use HL. HL is the weapon of choice right now, and would still be the spell it is now, but the beam would be bugged.....so all these APUs use the beam because IT'S BUGGED. So why not stick with HL? Because they would be trying to gain an unfair advantage over other players in the game (I.E. exploit.)

Originally posted by LordError
Ok guys, im pretty fresh at this game so maybe my arguments does'nt count for much.

Your argument will count as long as you are a paying customer. (imo)

But wtf is up with you guys? (no offence intented, firugre of speach) Yeah, people whine, and people whine over people whineing. But this is how it is, deal with it. The spell is bugged, and you banning wannabies want all who use it to be banned. Well, smart move. If you ban players all the time for KK screwing up, well.. Dont expect a lot of people playing. If you go on a banning frenzy, what will happen.. people will get pissed off and quit the game.

I'm not asking for a banning frenzy, I'm asking for an official word on exploit. Which would mean that people would be banned after the official word than *it is an exploit*.

Many of you complain so much, let KK fix it or come with a official anouncement. Meanwhile, shut up! Whineing is'nt going to help anyway. The only thing you are acompishing is anonying the community.

Whining and pointing out the fact that people are taking advantage of a bug (which is what KK calls an exploit) are two different things. Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but PPU OWN ALL BATTLES. That's right, if I have 5 PPUs and you have 2, you're fucked. Why? Because they have the ability to nail you to the ground so you can't move...can't target, and are a useless drom with a target on your ass. Holy paralasis was "fixed" last patch (with a minor bug of more effect), yet halo increased in range, and frequency *with more effect*. The intent if I'm not mistaken was to make parashock less devistating to PvP, but now that all the kiddies are using parashock halo it's even worse. I guarentee you that if parashock halo stayed at the effect of a freezer pistol PPUs would not use it.

I guess it just takes to much energy to think before you post. Use youre brains for once. Dont try to change the game, let KK do that. Its their responibiliy _not_ yours.

Ahh yes....no offence taken.....again.o_O . It's thier responsability to make the changes/fixes to the game that make it more fun and a balanced atmosphere, it's our responsability to report bugs, and offer our advice (as a paying customer) to the changes they should make.

I can agree that it is important to let them know about bugs, but they know, shut up already. They will fixed when they see fit. No, i dont use that spell, im not even a ppu. But where has your respect gone, maybe you left it in RL.

Great, now instead of attacking me on a game level, you attack me on a personal level......ya, no offence taken. Where did my respect go? It goes right out the window when I see people take advantage of game mechanics, or game bugs to gain an unfair advantage over all other players.

This is not ment to offend anyone

Hey, don't worry about it.....what is in this post that can possibly be misconstrued as offensive?

Scikar
17-01-04, 16:05
Hey, don't worry about it.....what is in this post that can possibly be misconstrued as offensive?

:lol:

Gratz to ghandi for keeping a cool head there.

Comie
17-01-04, 16:45
well lets see here

Originally posted by Callash

To Exploit means to deliberately misuse weaknesses or bugs in Game features for personal advantage. If you do that, that is a bannable offense. And that's all there is to it.

and

Originally posted by Thanatos

Parashock effect was not meant to be stronger

Ohh look i found a bug...

and by using post a with post b = exploit... oh well wonders never cease

LordError
17-01-04, 16:49
Great, now instead of attacking me on a game level, you attack me on a personal level......ya, no offence taken. Where did my respect go? It goes right out the window when I see people take advantage of game mechanics, or game bugs to gain an unfair advantage over all other players.

This was not intended to be directly towards you, but some of the posters in general. Please, do bother to read my posts. I doesnt mention you in any spesific way. So I must say this again, this is _not_ meant to you. But in general, to a wide range of the posters in this forum.

I dont wish to go so low, as flameing named individuals. This doesnt serve any good, for any of us. Again, this is in general!

So if i did offend you, you have my deepest apologies.

Candaman
17-01-04, 17:51
Well GEE WIZ. I wonder why they use that spell? Why is it that they chose THAT spell ever since the patch? AHHHH, I'll tell you why. Because it's more powerfull than holypara before the patch, and it casts at 105 ROF with little to nothing mana. So, in escence they used "chose" this spell because it's bugged. I wouldn't mind if it had the same shock as a freezer pistol (like it used to), but you need to sit back and think about why it's been chosen by 99% of the kiddies on the servers.

First of all u need to check ur spell and get ur facts straight.

Para Halo Caps at 35/min just like holy para.

Has Same effect as holy para.

Take less mana to cast (which is the only advantage but still takes about 100 mana)

All para's are bugged but that doesn't mean u can't use them and i think its lovely how SXR make a post one after teh other all agreeing with each other as if u'd planned it all out on comms the nite before.

And as for running around and typing ur sms saying that it is a bug and u have a screenie and i'm gonna recieve a email from a GM maybe u should ask the Dev's b4 becoming a self declared Law unto everyone

Ralendil
17-01-04, 19:57
Originally posted by Candaman

And as for running around and typing ur sms saying that it is a bug and u have a screenie and i'm gonna recieve a email from a GM maybe u should ask the Dev's b4 becoming a self declared Law unto everyone

It is the normal way ;)

The first day I have created my character on Saturn someone has said to me that I will be banned for a reason I have never understood...

Simple... We were hunting with a friend... He has come and telling:
"I take screenshots"
"You would be banned !"

Reasons... ? I couldn't know.. he has never answered... We have gone on hunting...

Never received a GM message ;)

I think this is turning into ridiculous...
Maybe when the game would be killed by these comportments...

The exploit I have seen one time...
I kill someone... I try to hack his belt... The man reappear on his backpack and takes the belt...
I kill again him.... Try to rehack the new belt...
I succeed... but the man has stolen the belt...
I go out of the hack to see my APU dead 2 times that is alive and just in front of me...

THAT IS AN EXPLOIT... See how it is against the game...
Even it was an exploit I haven't make a message to GM for banning this man...

I think only Exploits like that should give you a ban...

Soon we will ask the authorisation to use our weapon against a runner....

petek480
17-01-04, 20:12
Yes I can, becuase all of these PPUs were previously using holy paralasys. The_only_reason they moved to halo is the fact that it's bugged! They are able to use holy paralasys, yet they use parashock halo because of the BUG. In my annalogy Pete the beem would be bugged, yet the APU could use HL. HL is the weapon of choice right now, and would still be the spell it is now, but the beam would be bugged.....so all these APUs use the beam because IT'S BUGGED. So why not stick with HL? Because they would be trying to gain an unfair advantage over other players in the game (I.E. exploit.)

How can you compare a situation where hl would still be the same but energy beam is bugged to a situation where holy para is bugged and para halo is bugged? Holy para is bugged just like para halo, using any spell would be an exploit by your logic. You were probably just killed in pp becuase someone para'd you with para halo so now you're here bitching.

Ulle
17-01-04, 20:23
Ok, had enough of the bitching and moaning in this thread and as it has already been said that unless KK says different, using Parashock Halo is NOT an exploit I see no reason to discuss this "issue" further.

Thread Closed.

Edit: If this was found out to be an exploit the thread would be closed anyway as exploit discussion on the forum is forbidden.