PDA

View Full Version : need APU con help =/

Spectra260
16-01-04, 05:13
i die way to fast on my APU...ive seen monks take hella bursts from a CS and other energy weapons, i take 2 bursts from a cs:mad:

i got capped con, my monkeh is master shake on saturn(:rolleyes: )

can anyone gimmie a good con setup for a APU?

a PPU con setup too would be cool...i got capped con on that too:rolleyes:

pleaseeee i hate dieing so easy...makes me border hop in pepper park, and i dont like doing it...and i wouldnt have to if i could take more than 3 hits8|

w00t thanks:lol:

Ferabukoo
16-01-04, 06:07
no resists... just vhc use. for a hover

right shad?

Jest
16-01-04, 06:08
Originally posted by Ferabukoo

right shad? Hahaha. :lol:

g0rt
16-01-04, 10:00
since i really don't care about my monk setups very much, ill give you some ideas straight from my monks on saturn (Rasp/Hell Dust):

Rasps Setup (Devourer Optimized as of a few weeks ago :p):

http://www.zoneseek.ca/pix/rasp_resists.gif

Hell Dust:

http://www.zoneseek.ca/pix/hell_resists.gif

Constructive criticism wanted for the APU setup....something I have yet to put much thaught into :p

phunqe
16-01-04, 11:19
One question g0rt, how do you get such high prc and frc armour values? The armour listed doesn't give that much...

EDIT: Ack, it's the totals from resists as well.. sorry :p

phunqe
16-01-04, 11:25
I can't get it to add up.

In the first monk, you have 0 enr resist and get 99% protection from armour (154) only.
In the second monk, you also have 0 enr resist and the same set of armour (154, only APU cloak instead). But here you get only 73% protection?

EDIT: Ok lol I haven't used this program so I might be confused.. is the first monk's values computed with shelter/deflector on as well?

Original monk
16-01-04, 11:32
yust like i tought: HAXX

lol im kidding, i wonna know it also, probably the skillmanager is bugged ... and is reflexbooster1 better then advanced nerves 3 ?

and why ? it doesnt add that much .. i like the +int so i can use belts faster ... not everyone is capped on every char he :)

or is the minus on the adv nerves3 devistating fo a monk ? i dunno yet, i always used the nerves and never tried the reflexbooster

Psyco Groupie
16-01-04, 11:40
the idea of reflex booster is u get a few more agl / atl .. then you use SCE1 to counter act the minus int.

as for apu con you get all the nrg u need from armor ... you get a wee bit of xrr from armor but you still wanna aim for 90 + fire you get from a heavy belt and poison you want 30 odd+ fh1 .. maybe more

stick a ppr in and you've got seriously nice xrr / fire / nrg so u can spend morein poison

just get the skill manager and have a play

VetteroX
16-01-04, 11:42
in his ppu it 99% with shelter, apu no shelter on...

CarniFlex
16-01-04, 11:50
Those skillmanagers are dangerous. Someone send me one once, and before i knew it I spent 2 days playing with setups and lomming. Those damn skillmanagers kept me away from 2 days of serious opwars and levelling.

JUST SAY NO!

DigestiveBiscui
16-01-04, 11:52
thats a very sexy APU setup though - when i get home ill have a fidlle with the skill manger - BUT I WILL LIMIT MYSELF

Carni is right, they are a terrible addiction

Spectra260
17-01-04, 05:30
ok gort thank you so much for the inof, and also i never seen that skill manager before...where do you get it?

it looks so secksi!!:cool:

g0rt
17-01-04, 05:37
Originally posted by Original monk
yust like i tought: HAXX

lol im kidding, i wonna know it also, probably the skillmanager is bugged ... and is reflexbooster1 better then advanced nerves 3 ?

and why ? it doesnt add that much .. i like the +int so i can use belts faster ... not everyone is capped on every char he :)

or is the minus on the adv nerves3 devistating fo a monk ? i dunno yet, i always used the nerves and never tried the reflexbooster

Yeah, the reflexbooster is meant for HIGH INT MONKS...my ppu rasp has 95 base INT so with my DS and PSICORE I can use all heavy belts, even with the -1 int from the reflex 1. It doesn't help much, just 1 athletics and 3 agility i believe...but still better then nothing! :p I really, really, really hate the advanced nerves 1...because other then its int bonus, its useless...and it rips down 10 transport, which could turn into 5 more resist force on your monk.

As for putting in a PPR chip, great idea. BUT...I really, really like capping holy lightning without a resistor. This means in fights I can get the PPU to give me a melee3 instead of a psi3, giving me more HP and agility. So its a tossup....cap HL without boosts, or dont cap HL but have slightly better defenses...tough call.

@everyone.... you can download Smoker's SkillManager at www.neocronnetwork.de under the Tools section.

Spectra260
17-01-04, 05:59
ok i got the program, but it isnt the same...

like i cant select my armor and stuff, plus it doesnt show me how effective it is at the bottem and stuff....but it is the same program...

whats wrong with mine? is it an old version or somthing?

edit: i also cant read german so i dont know what all of those options are under the file/edit/help menus, but i got the basics...lol

Shadow Dancer
17-01-04, 06:01
Originally posted by Ferabukoo

right shad?

I have resists, very useful. I use my hover to escape lame ass skill-less ppus who can only paraspam with their parashock halo while telling their apus(who never travel without ppus) to poison/fire apoc/HL me.

thx

EDIT: Ahhh, no wonder his x-ray is so high. I just saw his hlth. :eek: And as nice as it is to have some extra force under STR, I just don't think it's worth it if you can only carry 1 medkit and 2 boosters. Oh yea, and not sure if using a PP chip is worth it. It's major gimpage on the damage/mana.

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:06
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I have resists, very useful. I use my hover to escape lame ass skill-less ppus who can only paraspam with their parashock halo while telling their apus(who never travel without ppus) to poison/fire apoc/HL me.

thx

EDIT: Ahhh, no wonder his x-ray is so high. I just saw his hlth. :eek: And as nice as it is to have some extra force under STR, I just don't think it's worth it if you can only carry 1 medkit and 2 boosters. Oh yea, and not sure if using a PP chip is worth it. It's major gimpage on the damage/mana.

Keep in mind im basically with my clan 23.5 hours a day, so my APU setup isn't exactly for solo play.

@spectra ya u got an older version hrmm i guess neocronnetwork doesn't do "updating" so try a search on the forum :p

Spectra260
17-01-04, 06:07
nm you are teh fast editor

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:07
Originally posted by Spectra260
help me g0rt!!!

omg before i could get the edit off 0_o

1 sex lemme do a search see if i can find a newer ENGLISH version for u....

or actually just read ur dm's in 2 mins u can grab it off me

Spectra260
17-01-04, 06:09
w00t leet forum posters we are;)

can you tell me what version you have?

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:10
w00t leet forum posters we are;)

can you tell me what version you have?

1.0.9 by smoker :D

Spectra260
17-01-04, 06:11
k im done downloading them...

w00t thanks:D

Shadow Dancer
17-01-04, 06:13
Originally posted by g0rt
Keep in mind im basically with my clan 23.5 hours a day, so my APU setup isn't exactly for solo play.

oh nvm then :p

But I would still have more health then. Since a PPU could cover your x-ray resist, and the "bonus" point for health is at around 104 I think. I don't think you'll even pass 340 health with ppu buffs. Could be wrong though.

spammers :p

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:13
k im done downloading them...

w00t thanks:D

np 2 questions just out of interest....

1. who are you on Saturn :p

2. is that concord, canada or a different concord :cool:

been meaning to ask #2 for awhile but havent had the chance

Spectra260
17-01-04, 06:56
np 2 questions just out of interest....

1. who are you on Saturn :p

2. is that concord, canada or a different concord :cool:

been meaning to ask #2 for awhile but havent had the chance

lol

on saturn im:

Master Shake
MeatWad
Meat Wad
Fry Lock

pluto=kidwithstick

the city of concord which i live in is located in the bay area of california, about 20 mins from SF if you drive fast:D

edit: typo:wtf:

lol edit again, i bet you hate me on saturn:lol:

you guys...kill me alot...anyways:lol:

g0rt
17-01-04, 07:08
lol

on saturn im:

Master Shake
MeatWad
Meat Wad
Fry Lock

pluto=kidwithstick

the city of concord which i live in is located in the bay area of california, about 20 mins from SF if you drive fast:D

edit: typo:wtf:

lol edit again, i bet you hate me on saturn:lol:

you guys...kill me alot...anyways:lol:

oh ahhaha GOD this must be the third or fourth time you've told me your kidwithstick my memory is fucked

dont exploit my ppu at crp u nibbish :p i saw you in the caves last night i think when i was on rasp 8|

Spectra260
17-01-04, 08:44
oh ahhaha GOD this must be the third or fourth time you've told me your kidwithstick my memory is fucked

dont exploit my ppu at crp u nibbish :p i saw you in the caves last night i think when i was on rasp 8|

yeah...you guys were mad because you couldnt kill me with my LE in...:rolleyes:

g0rt
17-01-04, 09:06
yeah...you guys were mad because you couldnt kill me with my LE in...:rolleyes:

It was actually just me, I had rasp on my laptop while i was powerleveling chars on my main.

I don't think ive ever personally attacked you?

Spectra260
17-01-04, 10:22
It was actually just me, I had rasp on my laptop while i was powerleveling chars on my main.

I don't think ive ever personally attacked you?

well anyways...

i think i just made stylez mad...i made fun of his 3 stars and he ran away from me in aggie pit:rolleyes:

whatever though:p

well..since this thread has gone pretty well off topic, and i already got the help i needed mods can feel free to close this

g0rt
17-01-04, 10:40
well anyways...

i think i just made stylez mad...i made fun of his 3 stars and he ran away from me in aggie pit:rolleyes:

whatever though:p

well..since this thread has gone pretty well off topic, and i already got the help i needed mods can feel free to close this

he didn't seem too mad on TS, although its like 7:30am where he lives i wouldn't be caring about much at that time myself

Ryuben
17-01-04, 13:40
my PPU set up, This is with HAz 3 melee 3 and spy 3, with s/d on.

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/ppu_haz.JPG