PDA

View Full Version : new player

BranDon HAX
16-01-04, 04:12
Hey Everyone Im am pretty new to neocron And im looking for some guidence I am willing to play 18 hours a day I wanna find some deticated players such as myself To have fun lvl up or whatever else If anyone is interested Please tell me your game name and the server you play on And i will contact you in the game

Thanks for your time

Brandon

MindMaze
16-01-04, 04:18
Hey, welcome to Neocron. Where did you hear about this game?
If you start on Pluto, DM (Press f1 to bring chat menu, click on Direct chat, type in evileye into that box, and press either enter or the plus sign next to it) me for money and help. :)

Zanathos
16-01-04, 04:25
BranDon HAX

allow me to be the first one to do it

SEX

you will understand what i mean by saying that later probably :)

what server you do play on? what faction do you play in?

BranDon HAX
16-01-04, 04:38
What fraction should I be and what is the best server to play on heh I havnt made a character yet but I think im gonna be a spy or PE I read all about the game And I just wanted to meet some people before i entered the game to make it easier to learn and stuff) I saw this game on www.gamespot.com and i thought it looked cool so im gonna give it a try

Rade
16-01-04, 04:43
If you are new I would suggest to start on Pluto as the economy
is not as blown out of proportion as it is on many other servers.
It also has less alts which makes it less confusing if you are new.
I dont play _that much_ on saturn and uranus but from what Ive
heard from others and seen myself I dont think it'd be quite as
easy to start out there. Also Pluto is the self-proclaimed elite
server ;)

**edit: Also if you play PE on pluto I could give you some
pointers, I have a clue or two when it comes to those.

hinch
16-01-04, 04:59
Originally posted by Rade
Also Pluto is the self-proclaimed elite
server ;)

unless you speak german then jupiter is the god server :)

**edit: Also if you play PE on pluto I could give you some
pointers, I have a clue or two when it comes to those.

fibber

Rade
16-01-04, 05:03
Well since hes on the english forum I sorta assumed he wanted
information about english servers :P And whatever fibber is, Im
probably it ;)

[SP]Ostrich
16-01-04, 05:06
fibber = liar... but not as harsh version i beleive.

petek480
16-01-04, 05:06
And whatever fibber is, Im
probably it ;)
It means you're lying.

Spectra260
16-01-04, 05:07
all of you can also contact KidWithStick ingame and send him your money and items too:p

Rade
16-01-04, 05:08
Oh poo, I was hoping for something fun.

Cytaur
16-01-04, 05:10
Yeah you can start a character on pluto and ask for help almost from anybody there, it's one friendly server :)

VetteroX
16-01-04, 06:04
Saturn if you wanna experiment, cause you get 4 slots. Pluto if you want 1 char and concentrate all your efforts on him. Ive played both servers, both are fun. Saturn has more people then uranus so thats a better choise then uranus. You did the right thing by asking for help before playing.

Ill say right now its hard for a new player to get started in this game on thier own, quite confusing. Get someone to meet you in game and help you as soon as you get started, to show you around. Also, ask for help on starting a char, the preset ones are AWEFUL, and I mean, whoever designed thoes was on crack.

Whatever char type you choose, I recommened having at least, AT LEAST 40 points in ath/agility combined, ex 40 ath 0 agility or 20 ath 20 agility, or you will move VERY slowly. You will be temped to put points in endurance, but dont... later implants will give you endurance. Its a little boring at first but once you get to like rank 20/20 (very easy with alittle help) you will be able to move at a decent speed and kill things bigger the bugs and rodents.

Make sure you choose either rifles or pistol if you go private eye, with maybe a little melee skill to start, you cant do rifles and pistols. and eaither all hc or all melee if you a tank.

Varaem
16-01-04, 12:29
definately play pluto. Pluto, things are cheap, because not everyone has alternate characters to make the money. On saturn, as vet pointed out to me ingame, things are 5x more expensive, literally. No exageration.

ezza
16-01-04, 12:35
pluto elite lol that must be why there not many people on the server.

any way saturns the most populated, 4 char slot server so as pointed above you can try each class out.

cant say much about uranus dont know the server.

saturn may be more expensive but it aint that hard to get
equipment

i mean i hate going out to hunt, but i still have 3 slotted CS's 2 non slot CS's, and i was able to lose 1 CS and give another away.

got 2 moonys 2 mals and 2 doomys, and will have my ravager and devourer in the next few days

GT_Rince
16-01-04, 14:15
Originally posted by ezza

i mean i hate going out to hunt, but i still have 3 slotted CS's 2 non slot CS's, and i was able to lose 1 CS and give another away.

got 2 moonys 2 mals and 2 doomys, and will have my ravager and devourer in the next few days

Not sure he was asking who has the most equipment :p

Saturn is geed if you want to try out different characters, but like others say, the economy is screwed beyond belief. Unless you don't have millions of credits to had (and quickly), it can be very hard work...

I perfer Pluto because that is the server I have played most on and have more friends on there. You can still buy stuff with money (unlike Saturn, where everyone wants to trade). And Pluto doesn't lag anywhere near as much as Saturn.

ezza
16-01-04, 14:16
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Not sure he was asking who has the most equipment :p

Saturn is geed if you want to try out different characters, but like others say, the economy is screwed beyond belief. Unless you don't have millions of credits to had (and quickly), it can be very hard work...

I perfer Pluto because that is the server I have played most on and have more friends on there. You can still buy stuff with money (unlike Saturn, where everyone wants to trade). And Pluto doesn't lag anywhere near as much as Saturn.

he wasnt i was pointing out it aint hard to get the equipment

Original monk
16-01-04, 15:07
welcome brandon, always nice seeing a new player and seeing em on the forums right away ... if ya need infoz/help ... yust call/pm/yell on the tradechannel :P

Stigmata
16-01-04, 15:32
funny how people from different servers try to fight to get the new player.

pluto would prolly be a good place to start, people their to hepl you and less noob ganking.

saturn if you wanna experiement in your chars (you might start a pe then get pissed with playing it in a week/month and have to re-roll on pluto) saturn = 4 char server

Uranus....... er you will have to ask someone from uranus to comment on this server as i dont play on it, but it is called UR ANUS so how seriously can you take anyone that plays on UR ANUS

sorry couldn't resist the lame uranus jokes.

Venus if you can speak french, best events, very helpful people if you speak french that is.

Jupitor if you speak german....or you could make a char just to annoy people (not that i have ever done that.....EINS ZWEI)

if you decide to play on saturn, and need some money/weapons/help dm me on Stigmata/Wharf/buff yo

have fun

El Barto
16-01-04, 15:47
Hello, if you want I have a low ish ranked PPU on Pluto that needs some one to level with (hes level 31).

Radamez
16-01-04, 16:53
Originally posted by BranDon HAX
I am willing to play 18 hours a day

Damn casual gamers :p

Seriously though, it's nice to see some new players giving the game a chance, have fun! ;)

EDiT: btw, didn't offer any assistance because my account isn't active "at present" :p

Spoon
16-01-04, 17:11
Are you a Browns fan or a Bengals fan?

Start out on Saturn........btw

BranDon HAX
16-01-04, 17:26
Saturn or pluto saturn or pluto Lol Now I gotta think
I am a browns fan btw I forgot who asked that Im from cleveland so i have to be a browns fan I guess I was just wondering something Do the events in the Necronicle News paper Really happen in the live game? or are they just fun to read and put some story into the game

Cytaur
16-01-04, 17:30
Don't listen to those Saturnians, they're knobs and don't really know how to play the game, they need 4 chars to do everything which is sux. On pluto experience the true MMO, if you need a constructor or researcher for example, you just don't log your alternate but find actual another person. Also clans on pluto MOSTLY have people with a single char, sure some people own more than 1 accounts but they're few compared to single account people. That means if clan has 50 people, it actually has 45 unique people. While on Saturn if clan has 40 people, then in fact its only 10. Show the finger to those Saturnians and start on Pluto.

ezza
16-01-04, 17:32
Originally posted by Cytaur
Don't listen to those Saturnians, they're knobs and don't really know how to play the game, they need 4 chars to do everything which is sux. On pluto experience the true MMO, if you need a constructor or researcher for example, you just don't log your alternate but find actual another person. Also clans on pluto MOSTLY have people with a single char, sure some people own more than 1 accounts but they're few compared to single account people. That means if clan has 50 people, it actually has 45 unique people. While on Saturn if clan has 40 people, then in fact its only 10. Show the finger to those Saturnians and start on Pluto. instead you have to stand around waiting for someone who plays a trade skiller to log on, lol dont even talk about pokes.

and a hell of a lot of people on pluto have alts.

and only knob i see here is you

Radamez
16-01-04, 17:34
Don't listen to those Saturnians, they're knobs and don't really know how to play the game, they need 4 chars to do everything which is sux. On pluto experience the true MMO, if you need a constructor or researcher for example, you just don't log your alternate but find actual another person. Also clans on pluto MOSTLY have people with a single char, sure some people own more than 1 accounts but they're few compared to single account people. That means if clan has 50 people, it actually has 45 unique people. While on Saturn if clan has 40 people, then in fact its only 10. Show the finger to those Saturnians and start on Pluto.

/me tosses Cytaur some Inq armour :p

El_MUERkO
16-01-04, 17:39
Welcome to the community, remember we may bitch and moan about this game but we're addicted to it all the same.

I'd suggest you make a PE or Tank to start with as they're the most user friendly new class, dont take out your LE chip if you have done you can put it back in till you get a few levels and understand the game better.

Join a City clan to start with cause most people hang around in the City at the moment. I'd suggest City Admin, Biotech, Tangent Tech, Protopharm or Diamond Real Estate.

GT_Rince
16-01-04, 17:40
While on Saturn if clan has 40 people, then in fact its only 10. Show the finger to those Saturnians and start on Pluto.

I have a clan on Saturn. Number of members = 9...

Barter, Researcher, Constructor, Melee Tank, Melee PE, PPU, Implanter, Hacker & APU. Actual number of real runners = 1... Me. They are all my alts :D

That's just an example, and one of the reasons I don't feel too comfortable on Saturn - Even I see problems popping up time and time again. As Strych9 said, I keep bringing up the fact that the commerce is fooked up beyond all belief and said he couldn't see it himself. Well as a runner that already had close to 11 million NC on there, even I had a hell of a job getting what I needed, and some times I had to do without because so many peeps want to trade rather than sell. Fortunately, I had a few friends on there that helped me with some items. As a new runner on Saturn, I think anyone would have a hard time of it - I know I did. After 2 months I wasn't actually that much further along - lol

El_MUERkO
16-01-04, 17:48
I was offered 100 million for my SA on Pluto, I nearly pooped my pants, didnt take it though, I've waiting for ever to get one. Other than that Plutos pretty cool, I got the parts to a judge for 650k over a few days payign 100k for all but 1 part :)

Strych9
16-01-04, 17:49
If you are actually a new player, and want to start out on Saturn, its very easy to do so. Always TONS of people online (say ALL you want about alt characters guys, but when the server stats says 320 runner online, that means that you have over 300 different humans playing on that server), and its VERY easy for a new runner to get ANYTHING they need on Saturn.

Dont confuse "ONOZZ!!! I CANT BY MY UBER RARES I WANT 4 CHEEP!!!111!" with "The economy on Saturn is screwed up."

GT_Rince
16-01-04, 18:05
Originally posted by Strych9
and its VERY easy for a new runner to get ANYTHING they need on Saturn.

Dont confuse "ONOZZ!!! I CANT BY MY UBER RARES I WANT 4 CHEEP!!!111!" with "The economy on Saturn is screwed up."

ROFL - I didn't start off needing all rares. I had a hell of a time. Like I said, I was lucky to have had some friends on there who were able to help me with some items. On more than one occasion, there have been hundreds of peeps on, and you can't get a poke, constructor or researcher. That's why I made my own in the end.

BranDon HAX
16-01-04, 18:44
Okay guys thanks for all the help I started a spy on the Pluto server Named BranDon H@x Hope to see some of you around sometime Give me a message if you want I will be on for most of today :)

hinch
16-01-04, 20:27
i sexed the nubbie

Necrosadistic
16-01-04, 23:26
You know, to be honest Pluto is not very good if you are a COMPLETE noob...

I started two chars at first, one pluto and one saturn, and stopped playing on pluto for a long time because there was alnmost no one to level with!

Everyone is capped or near capped or powerleveling like mad...

It is a very nice server, but only when you know how to play this game properly.

Saturn is the best if you're a noob as it has the highest population, so there will always be someone to construct you stuff, poke you or give some friendly advice.

Play Saturn, then once you're bored of mindless PvP and leveling go to Pluto and roleplay...

BranDon HAX
16-01-04, 23:45
Hey if any of you guys have teamspeak You come on my clans server the server is for another game but they wont mind
if you guys wanna use it the ip is 207.44.134.51:8767
Or just stop in and say hi Im always on TS

BranDon HAX
17-01-04, 03:06
Okay my first day in neocron seems to be going pretty good I have 18 dex and 17 int as a spy Most poeple are very nice Necrosadistic you are right not many new players to lvl with which is quite hard being a spy soloing I have noticed some weird glitches so far Like I was shooting at this mutant in the sewers I check my hp it was at full then Somehow i died Then in pepper park I went into club Ver? forgot the name And I was enjoying it inside when this club guard just stats shooting at me for no reason I didnt have a gun out or anything Well im gonna be playing for another 8 hours or so tonight I will see how it goes

ezza
17-01-04, 03:11
Originally posted by BranDon HAX
Okay my first day in neocron seems to be going pretty good I have 18 dex and 17 int as a spy Most poeple are very nice Necrosadistic you are right not many new players to lvl with which is quite hard being a spy soloing I have noticed some weird glitches so far Like I was shooting at this mutant in the sewers I check my hp it was at full then Somehow i died Then in pepper park I went into club Ver? forgot the name And I was enjoying it inside when this club guard just stats shooting at me for no reason I didnt have a gun out or anything Well im gonna be playing for another 8 hours or so tonight I will see how it goes your faction is proberbly enemy to tsunami syndicate

Psychoninja
17-01-04, 03:12
Red = Dead
That goes 2 ways
Keep that in mind ;)

L0KI
17-01-04, 04:13
omg, more server bull shit.
unbelievable. Seriously, why?

@ Brandon...

If your'e primarily English Speaking, i recommend...

Uranus or Saturn.

You can make up to 4 chars on there, which will be incredibly useful to you as a new player.

Forget Pluto till you are more experienced with your favourite class.

Thats an unbiased opinion.

hinch
17-01-04, 04:42
he seems to be doing ok ive seen him around
even as a nubbie im sure hell lvl quick enough and if he needs cash i can donate a million or 2 to help its always nice to have new players around

Spex
17-01-04, 13:51
About the screwed economy: It doesn't apply to new players. If you guys pay millions and millions for some stupid parts/full rares, then that is your problem, but not the one of a new player ... they have much different problems (and 100k is a fortune for them ...).

Anyway, its nice to see new players in Neocron, regardless on which server they play :)