PDA

View Full Version : Fans of Fallout

Epzilon
16-01-04, 00:50
This thread might violate forum rules. I'll accept a slap on the wrist if it does. :D

Fallout (the whole series) are old games that's brought me much joy, as it probably has to many of you as well.
Over the years my gaming preference have switched to mmorpg, except for the occasional surprise. Ever since I played my first mmorpg I've been dying for a Fallout clone in the same genre. Neocron is the closest substitute to Fallout that I've ever come across, until now...

There's a new game in the making...
...and it really resembles Fallout. Although it's quite early to tell whether it'll be a hit or not, the game has certainly caught my attention.
I guess you wanna know the title... ;)

Head on over to Fallen Earth (http://fallenearth.com/)
be sure to read the features. (http://fallenearth.com/overview/features.htm)

Hayato
16-01-04, 00:54
Looks nice :D

VetteroX
16-01-04, 01:06
I hate you carebears! I really really hate you! I was looking at the game and it looked cool until I read the FAQ "Can we PvP?: No, only very limited pvp, this is a game for carebears"

Thanks for ruining another game cowards.... god damnit... have fun in a worlds described as harsh and unforgiving, holding hands with your fellow players singing songs of freindship... cause we all know thats how it will be after the fall of society... :rolleyes:

REMUS
16-01-04, 01:08
hmmm im a fan but this looks a bit crap although i can definately see the similaritys i dont think it will have the depth or magic that fallout had, it was a truely unique experiance.

Epzilon
16-01-04, 01:12
Originally posted by VetteroX
I hate you carebears! I really really hate you! I was looking at the game and it looked cool until I read the FAQ "Can we PvP?: No, only very limited pvp, this is a game for carebears"

Thanks for ruining another game cowards.... god damnit... have fun in a worlds described as harsh and unforgiving, holding hands with your fellow players singing songs of freindship... cause we all know thats how it will be after the fall of society... :rolleyes:

I guess we got the first thread covered when they open forums ;)

Ryuben
16-01-04, 01:29
i have to agree with vet
:eek:

Will I get killed right away while I’m learning the game?

No. FALLEN EARTH doesn’t allow Player vs Player combat outside of certain missions or areas. Accessing those special missions or areas will be your decision -- getting killed is your option, killing players who haven’t agreed to the special conditions isn’t.

going to be a care bears pick nick

VetteroX
16-01-04, 01:33
Im gonna give it a shot... pvpers unite against the carebear plauge. Cowards made this game more carebear, maybe if we complain a lot on fallen earth forums they will make it less carebear? We can give it a shot at very least.

Cytaur
16-01-04, 03:01
MMO fallout ? nice

Eldan Sontim
16-01-04, 07:42
looks good, but will it have the atmosphere of fallout?
That was what made fallout so good....a bit funny, a bit sad and so very cool. I'll never forget the feeling I had at the end of the first one, walking off into the wasteland with that old music playing.

Samhain
16-01-04, 07:47
Will I get killed right away while I’m learning the game?

No. FALLEN EARTH doesn’t allow Player vs Player combat outside of certain missions or areas. Accessing those special missions or areas will be your decision -- getting killed is your option, killing players who haven’t agreed to the special conditions isn’t.

Doesn't sound that bad actually. To draw a parallel to Neocron, you can look at this as the exact same situation that DoY will bring (with safe bases, and outside those, safe bars, etc) EXCEPT the addition of hunting grounds (ie. caves, seweres) being safezones as well. Which, isn't a bad idea...

Kasumi
16-01-04, 08:06
Hrmm There was a Half Life modification called The Waste or something like that. Was like 3 different Post apocalyptic games put into one death match type arena.. Was one of the best looking mods for Half Life but never got the attention it needed unfortunatley. :|

Samhain
16-01-04, 08:14
Wasteland Half-Life. Great modification. Loved the akimbo desert eagles or akimbo sawed-offs.

Clive
16-01-04, 08:20
katana baby

VetteroX
16-01-04, 08:41
I hate dual weapon wielding... its just not feasable... yeah games arent 100% realistic but you dont see anyone in these action games picking up a car and throwing it do you? dual desert eagles is just as unlikely, try holding a .50 cal desert eagle, or even the .44 magnum one one in each hand and firing with any degree of accuracy... more likely theyed fly out of your hand and hit you in the head and knock you out. Luckily no akimbo crap in any fallout game ive played... would be most awesome game ever to have fallout online... *drools*

japata
16-01-04, 08:50
Mmm... fallout.

Looks nice, except for the part that says "Real Roleplay!" :p