http://www.innocence-movie.jp/trailer/

for me this is like hacknet * 2... :cool:
Gotta go to bed. Cannot take any more cool stuff today

kreal
16-01-04, 00:34
omg Really thats so cool the first was like wow

Mumblyfish
16-01-04, 00:35
Today I bought the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie. It was recently re-released on DVD. I suggest you get it.

Yep. Mm-hmm.

This is advice from someone who has 4 Pokémon DVDs...

sanityislost
16-01-04, 02:29
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCKING SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, loved ghost in the shell when it first came out was like ooooooo naked robo chick lol and the animation was fucking sweet also lol. all i wana know is why to the japs get better cartoons than we do we get left with shit like the fucking hoobs lol

Nidhogg
16-01-04, 02:45
Ghost In The Shell, for me, breaks through its genre to stand out as an important work of cinema in its own right. Or in other words, GITS > You.

N

Cytaur
16-01-04, 02:45
First movie pwned, Stand Alone Comples pwned, 2nd movie will be beyond the any words !

sanityislost
16-01-04, 02:48
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Ghost In The Shell, for me, breaks through its genre to stand out as an important work of cinema in its own right. Or in other words, GITS > You.

N

whoa nid u talked about GITS2 and didnt go into a crazy sorta thing which had children screaming MUMMY SAVE ME FROM THE SCARY MAN WITH THE PICK AXE, AHHHH DONT STICK IT THERE THATS WHERE MY EYES ARE MENT TO BE..........are you like, feeling ok??

El_MUERkO
16-01-04, 03:21
Ghost in the shell rocked sox, any point in the film could be frozen and hung on a wall as great art and beyond that it had a good storyline.

Benjie
16-01-04, 03:24
And it's not an American/European film, meaning the sequal actually might not be shit!

Drake6k
16-01-04, 03:25
The first Ghost in the shell was great. I'm looking forward to this next one.

... Not as much as the FFVII and Naruto movies though :D

kurai
16-01-04, 04:47
Originally posted by sanityislost
all i wana know is why to the japs get better cartoons than we do we get left with shit like the fucking hoobs lol Bear in mind that for every hour of truly great Japanese animation there's 3 billion of utter shit.

Kasumi
16-01-04, 04:54
Originally posted by sanityislost
all i wana know is why to the japs get better cartoons than we do we get left with shit like the fucking hoobs lol

Because we japanese are... uhh nevermind I wont say.. dont want to cause trouble :P

Yea Ghost in the Shell 2 looks to be a good movie, didnt like the first one a lot but it was very good. hehe I have never seen the ending to Ghost in the Shell though. :( Naruto was not as good as people make it out be to.. It is a Dragonball Z type anime, you can only watch so much before it gets repetative. I have watched almost every episodes of Naruto I can watch.. and read the Manga so I know what I am talking about. :P

Cytaur
16-01-04, 05:12
I have watched matrix approximately around 100 times, yet I can watch it again and at the end say "wow, what a great movie".

QuantumDelta
16-01-04, 06:22
GITS = Teh win.
One of my fave films ever.
SAC was good too.
GITS 2 I expect a lot from.

Naruto is joint with Nadesico and Kenshin (all very different kinds of anime, but best in their fields), for my fave series, though.

ino
16-01-04, 07:19
Yeah Innocence will probably be awsome.. Hope they do a Spirited away in sweden and screen it at the cinemas.. it's so gonna be worth the money..

And I think Standalone complex will have a second season too.. :)

Production I.G are great have done lots of nice movies and series.. Loved the animated part of Kill Bill even if it was a bit westworld inspired to suite the movie I guess..

Samhain
16-01-04, 07:22
Bear in mind that for every hour of truly great Japanese animation there's 3 billion of utter shit.

Too true. And a half billion idiots who think they are 'cultured' having orgasms over the shit, just because it's Japanese.

Kasumi
16-01-04, 07:57
Originally posted by ino

And I think Standalone complex will have a second season too.. :)

You mean Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG? hehe It is somewhat already out.. ^_^ Production IG has made some of the really good anime.. Jin-Roh and Video Girl Ai are some of their best works in my opinion. :D Pruduction IG does a lot of Mecha anime as well.. Not completely my favorite genre but it is still enjoyable to watch. :)

extract
16-01-04, 07:58
next to ninja scroll, ghost in the shell was one of my favorite animated films, but ninja scroll will always be the best for me

MjukisDjur
16-01-04, 10:36
yea, Jubei got some serious skill :P

sanityislost
16-01-04, 19:32
Originally posted by Samhain
Too true. And a half billion idiots who think they are 'cultured' having orgasms over the shit, just because it's Japanese.

choke on a spring roll plz :D

QuantumDelta
16-01-04, 20:18
Too true. And a half billion idiots who think they are 'cultured' having orgasms over the shit, just because it's Japanese. So?
Don't get me started on soap operas.

Or Need for shite.
Or Too fast too fucking stupid.

Things like Reality TV are for people who don't know what life could be.

The news is for people who like to watch the same dull people present the same dull headlines 50x a day and then report a modified version tomorrow.

I could go on and on.

I prefer anime to english / american (especially american) crap because it IS different, and it doesn't often stop to consider stupid social rules.

Sigh.

Q`alooaith
16-01-04, 20:25

Have you ever thought that some people might enjoy these film's because simply they are not like most american ones..

GITS was good, but the ending kinda worry's me about where GITS2 would go, somtime's it's better to end a story before it is finished in the telling, so each and every person watching can have the ending they want in their mind.

Dribble Joy
16-01-04, 20:33
Anime = not live action, but performs the same role, though as the medium is limited by imagination/visual limits, areas not possible to be explored by live action can be.

QD, tbh I think you throw away western culture too readily. Indeed the visual stuff may not be as deep, but there are plenty of works that explore things to the same level. Books for example.
Some Anime is shite, we only get the good stuff over here mostly.
EVA was a 'masterpiece', but in some ways it was utter tripe, (the nature of human existance, blah blah BLAH :rolleyes:, like it hasn't been done before)

The news is as boring as you make it.

KramerTheWeird
16-01-04, 21:34
yay! ghost in the shell 2, hopefully it'll be better than the first, which wasn't bad at all but could have been better. I guess I like entire anime series more than movies because you get more grasp of the storyline than a single movie, and better character development.

Kasumi! grr posting here but not talking to me? :( and before you told me you'd never watch Naruto because everyone was talking about it and stuff.

Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The news is for people who like to watch the same dull people present the same dull headlines 50x a day and then report a modified version tomorrow.

You act like news is some sitcom for you to enjoy. If you don't watch/read the news or keep up to date with current events, sorry you are pretty ignorant. That's just a general feeling, not meant to be personal.

Ran
16-01-04, 21:48
Really, try to ignore the demi-trolls people :).

As for the story, it's interesting they focus on Batou... maybe it continues his story? Not that I would know, I've had SaC for forever and still haven't finished it :\.

Q`alooaith
16-01-04, 21:49
Maybe they are keeping most of the juicy bit's hidden Ran, you never know.. sneaky sneaky people..

craio
16-01-04, 22:01
Well the other trailer was focused on combat while these two more on setting.
They probably didnt show motoko as a teaser ...(i hope)
Anyone know the composer/singer of the song in the trailer?

MayhemMike
16-01-04, 22:59
I pay with money.

kurai
16-01-04, 23:01
So?
. . .
Sigh. Just an FYI - I was making no comparison judgements on Japanese versus US/European output at all.

The quality/shit ratio is equally high for non-Japanese stuff too.

I was simply pointing out that judging all Japanese content better than Rest of World's simply because it's Japanese is pretty blinkered.

As someone pointed out - US/Europe generally only sees the stuff that's good enough to be exported and make money.
Some of the dross seen on a daily basis on domestic Japanese TV is truly staggering in it's awfulness.

Benjie
16-01-04, 23:32
I have to agree with QuantumDelta. There is so much shit in western culture, untill Anime I used to think that Aliens was a major masterpeice.....

Hrmm. Now I think it's just cheesy.

By the way, my favoraite Animes are Macross Plus and Perfect Blue.

Dribble Joy
16-01-04, 23:38
I HATED the first alien film, so crap.
I'm more a Monty-python and the Holy Grail person. :p

Benjie
16-01-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

I'm more a Monty-python and the Holy Grail person. :p
Dribble Joy! You have reminded me how amazing western culture can be. Holy shit I completely forgot, Montey Python, Red Dwarf, loads of Awesome western stuff...

Now I come to think of it it's not western, it's just all british...... ROCK ON ENGLAND!! w00t! w00t!

=Chojin=
16-01-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Benjie
I used to think that Aliens was a major masterpeice.....

Hrmm. Now I think it's just cheesy.

GET THE FUCK OUT NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! lol

u biatch
aliens is teh win
:)

QuantumDelta
17-01-04, 00:36
Kurai - I woulda quoted you if I had a problem with your comment ;)
I've seen a lot of anime, and probably 60% of it is crap, but I will only buy stuff I know is good.
The rest is either downloaded before it's lisenced, or (Primarily) on The Sci-Fi Channel.

Kramer - I do watch the news, but not 8375943742987 times a day like my parents, then go on to read the papers... o_O

DJ - hehe, I do read a lot of western novel(a), Peter F. Hamilton is my favourite author all time (Night Dawns Trilogy), I've read more or less every other "big" work eg; LOTR/Hobit/LFB/Bible(fo:p)/DiscWorld Series/HHGTG/Bravo2Zero/2001 series/list goes on and on...

I don't throw away western culture... but here's an example for why I don't like much Western TV;

My Cable service has close to 900 channels.

I would segment them into stuff but it's annoying :p
Anyway, sufficing to say that within those 900 channels, there will MAYBE be one tollerable thing to watch at any one time with the rest being utter tripe (Though I suppose that's because I have taste and think most music channels are a waste of time?).

Regardless;
Good anime like GITS is my refuge from the horrific television programming in my area.

•Super|\|ova•
17-01-04, 00:53
Whoa! I loved the first one. I must see this one also.

Btw... have any of you seen the Wicked City? :) Now there's a perverveted movie :lol: but still a good one.

Got to mention few other good ones also :p Akira, Mononoke-hime and Street fighter II. The other ones has been mentioned here already.

Kasumi
17-01-04, 02:11
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird

Kasumi! grr posting here but not talking to me? :( and before you told me you'd never watch Naruto because everyone was talking about it and stuff.

Sorry! I will email you when I can! well I watched naruto because I do not have anything better to do. I also wanted to see why this anime was so overrated. It is not as good as people make it out to be obviously. oH well most non westerner I know have never heard of it, or simply think it is no the greatest thing in the world. :) Must be your westerner that like it so very much! :P It is simply to overated like Neon Genesis Evagelion.. :)

I would segment them into stuff but it's annoying
Anyway, sufficing to say that within those 900 channels, there will MAYBE be one tollerable thing to watch at any one time with the rest being utter tripe (Though I suppose that's because I have taste and think most music channels are a waste of time?).

hehe It is not any better on this side of the world eithir. Ok ok maybe a little bit better but still not a lot better. :)

iainy13
17-01-04, 02:41
never seen gits before. It looks like the same style of animation as the cowboy bebop movie. Is GITS as good as bebop movie? becouse that movie is amazing. princess mononoke is a good movie to.

and ya. i rented alien a while ago to see what everyone was talkign about and that has to be the worst movie ive ever seen. Ide rather be watching chitty chitty bang bang.

Sundiver
17-01-04, 05:56
Yup. got GITS on DVD, one of the better movies in my collection. Started collecting anime / manga recently, I guess it started with Animatrix. Am expecting to find Akira in the mailbox today, and the next movie will most likely be "Spirited away". Then I have to get the GITS sequal, no doubt. I got Cowboy Bebop too, pretty good, and Metropolis. Have heard good things about "Princess Mononoke", got it on my "movies to buy next" list ;)

ichinin
17-01-04, 07:27
I think Manga/Anime sucks - Ghost in the shell is am exception.

Samhain
17-01-04, 07:59
I have to agree with QuantumDelta. There is so much shit in western culture, untill Anime I used to think that Aliens was a major masterpeice.....

No one said anything about Western culture being great, or anything other than shit. The point is, just because it's Japense doesn't mean it's good. Some people think this, and it's quite pathetic. These people are usually the ones that were so hopelessly sucked in to Western culture at first, they are ashamed and desparately trying to escape it by getting tattoos of meaningless symbols on their shoulder that they think is "Japanese for free spirit" or some other retarted shit like that.

There is some seriously talented artwork that comes from Japan. There is also a bunch of shit that some people drool over BOTH equally. No names were mentioned here, none of you were attacked personally, but you all upped on the defensive and started citing the shortcomings of the western world as if somehow saying "yeah well, a lot of these oranges are rotten!" is a logical response (and rebuttal) to someone saying "a lot of these apples are rotten!".

And for a note, Geiger (sp?)s artwork is phenominal (that would be, the man behind the design of the 'aliens'). But I bet you wouldn't give it half the opportunity or consideration of some shitty Japanese cartoon that uses the same frames over and over.

Trust me. I hate the western world. Unfortunately this is where I live, and the people I am singling out are the ones that live here as well, but desparately wish they had been born in Japan because blue coloured hair is just so radically different than anything N.A. could offer.

Things like Reality TV are for people who don't know what life could be.

Yeah, it's for uneducated simple minded mainstream cretins. What does this have to do with anime? I'm really sure Japan isn't a mecca of mass-consumerism either. Real sure.

What the hell does this have to do with anime being largely made of shit? You're citing a bunch of mainstream shit that the average couch-potato sloth watches that doesn't CLAIM to be anything greater. Nobody sits here and says that reality shows or the news is the god-of-all-forms-of-entertainment, an artistic masterpiece. No one says that, and please, should you meet someone, hit them for me. On the other hand, anime is wielded by many (at least, the people I am talking about, and the ones you are defending by making your posts) as the most incredible, impressive, god-like creation earth (read: japan) has given us.

I could go on and on.

yes, the reason for this is because you are just citing a bunch of unrelated crap

I prefer anime to english / american (especially american) crap because it IS different, and it doesn't often stop to consider stupid social rules.

apparently your problem is you don't stop to look at anything except what the mainstream has to offer. yes, japans mainstream allows for more racey things to be produced, and the western world (usa moreso) is heavily censored and regulated. so what? the underground is far more interesting and carries the same level of quality content around the globe.

QuantumDelta
17-01-04, 21:19
No one said anything about Western culture being great, or anything other than shit. The point is, just because it's Japense doesn't mean it's good. Some people think this, and it's quite pathetic. These people are usually the ones that were so hopelessly sucked in to Western culture at first, they are ashamed and desparately trying to escape it by getting tattoos of meaningless symbols on their shoulder that they think is "Japanese for free spirit" or some other retarted shit like that.
Wont see me getting tattoos for anything.

There are a lot of animes I hate (Fist of the north star is the most immediate example), but looking at things proportionately I like a larger percentage of the available anime compared to any percentage of anything else (only thing that comes close is Sci-Fi Series because I grew up on ST and all it's subsequent series and SG-1 etcetc...)

I hate.
Hate. The English government, a few children could probably run the country better.
If that's hard to believe, the US Government is worse.

Then I hate the social strata that's seen from school and on into adult life - US Stereotypical groups in high school (preps/geeks/jocks/etc/etc), because I never found place in any of them, made my own god damn "social strata" and took absolutely zero messing from anyone who thought they were rude.

Drugs anywhere in the world are for the weak but there is a huge problem with drug/drug crime where I live.
street violence is something I used to be heavily involved in until one big gang fight where several people got seriously seriously injured and a few of the other gangs leaders got arrested.

There's a lot of reasons I would prefer to live elsewhere (Eg; japan) but very few of those are to do with anime, most of them are to do with the type of problems I would prefer to deal with.

There is some seriously talented artwork that comes from Japan. There is also a bunch of shit that some people drool over BOTH equally. No names were mentioned here, none of you were attacked personally, but you all upped on the defensive and started citing the shortcomings of the western world as if somehow saying "yeah well, a lot of these oranges are rotten!" is a logical response (and rebuttal) to someone saying "a lot of these apples are rotten!".
Probably because most of these people are used to the inuendo of a topic being merely mentioned when quoted, it's normally an accusation of sorts, which is why Kurai replied to my post, though I really did not mean to offend him (if I did).

Japan has it's own problems, most of that is high pressure socially to succeed, but I would prefer that to this.

And for a note, Geiger (sp?)s artwork is phenominal (that would be, the man behind the design of the 'aliens'). But I bet you wouldn't give it half the opportunity or consideration of some shitty Japanese cartoon that uses the same frames over and over.
Alien's concept art is alright, however I felt the first, third and fourth films were weak...
Geiger was inspiration, not the artist.

The Ring?
Heh, films like that?
Kill Bill?
Matrix?
All films that wouldn't be around without japanese influence/anime.

Trust me. I hate the western world. Unfortunately this is where I live, and the people I am singling out are the ones that live here as well, but desparately wish they had been born in Japan because blue coloured hair is just so radically different than anything N.A. could offer.
Heh.
Reasons I'd prefer to live in japan;
Climate.
Social (In general).
Preferable retirement in rural/mountain japan.
Anime (hey it's an influence).
I prefer Asian girls :p

Yeah, it's for uneducated simple minded mainstream cretins. What does this have to do with anime? I'm really sure Japan isn't a mecca of mass-consumerism either. Real sure.
Some of japan isn't, but your sarcasm is mostly correct, consumerism/lame capitalism = the poison in most first world countries these days...
Japan doesn't escape it, most of the original "big" anime was influenced by the Abomb falling oddly enough..

What the hell does this have to do with anime being largely made of shit?
Largely?

Nadesico,
Kenshin,
GITS,
Naruto,
Evangelion,
Macross,
Robotech,
DBZ(Hey I'm not all that much of a DBZ fanboi but it's popular),
Guyver (same^),
Ah My Goddess,
3x3 Eyes,
Akira,
Battle Angel Alita,
Cowboy Bebop,
Bubblegum Crisis,
Card Captor Sakura (meh popular - I hate it tho :p),
Catgirl Nuku Nuku,
Kiki's Delievery Service,
Dirty Pair Flash,
DNAngel,
El Hazard,
Escaflowne,
Excel Saga,
Full Metal Panic (LOVE This),
Final Fantasy,
FLCL,
Gundam (whatever) (I like some Gundam but most of it gets a bit repetative, again, very popular so I included it),
Hack (whatever),
Inu Yasha,
Kanon(?),
Serial Experiments Lain (Best headfk anime I've seen :p),
Lodoss,
Crystania,
Love Hina (Never seen...on my to watch list though),
Lupin III,
Mononoke Hime,
Nausicaa,
Noir,
Onegai Teacher,
Outlaw Star,
Patlabor,
Perfect Blue (bleh :P),
Pilot Candidate,
RayEarth,
Ranma 1/2,
RG Veda,
Sailor Moon(EURGH but popular),
Sakura Wars/Diaries,
Scrapped Princess,
Scryed,
Slayers,
Spirited Away,
Tenchi Muyo/Universe,
Trigun,
Utena,
Vampire Hunter D,
Vampire Miyu,
Vandread(meh),
You're Under Arrest,
Dominion Tank Police,
Yu-Gi-Oh(This remind anyone of pokemon?...thinking of that),
Pokemon,
Digimon(was that a US animation project?),
Yuu Yuu Hakusho,
Zoids,
Laputa - Castle in the Sky,
Metropolis.
Oh yeah - I want Kiddy Grade when it comes out too, it looks good from the reviews/stuff I've read, but we'll have to see.

Most of it I could sit down and watch (.............................bleh :p)
And I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few which I'll get labotamised for :p

You're citing a bunch of mainstream shit that the average couch-potato sloth watches that doesn't CLAIM to be anything greater.
Big Brother.
Sky.
The Box.
MTV.
BBC.
All of these channels/organisations claim to be great or have that air about their adverts.

Nobody sits here and says that reality shows or the news is the god-of-all-forms-of-entertainment, an artistic masterpiece. No one says that, and please, should you meet someone, hit them for me.
Tell that to my family.
My sisters friends.
Oy Vey Shattered was on mostly 24/7 here -_-.

On the other hand, anime is wielded by many (at least, the people I am talking about, and the ones you are defending by making your posts) as the most incredible, impressive, god-like creation earth (read: japan) has given us.

Anime is one of the best things to come out of japan in recent years;
Nintendo/Playstation being another two.
Like Xbox holds a candle to those two giants...

yes, the reason for this is because you are just citing a bunch of unrelated crap
It depends, because most of the anime nuts I talk to would prefer to be culturally involved with japan, whilst capitalisation has had a strong effect with the way things work there, their customs are still very different to our own and I for one prefer that, but it's not because of anime that I would move to japan ¬.¬ (I didn't watch anime when I first started wanting to live in that country, a clan member of mine (RL friend too) from another game introduced me to it....to guyver, which I thought was crap, another RL friend showed me eva, which got me interested, Nadesico got me hooked and Kenshin/Naruto have made me fanbois :p and i've seen most of the rest of that list above^)

apparently your problem is you don't stop to look at anything except what the mainstream has to offer. yes, japans mainstream allows for more racey things to be produced, and the western world (usa moreso) is heavily censored and regulated. so what? the underground is far more interesting and carries the same level of quality content around the globe.
Heh, underground what?
and you haven't seen censorship until you've met the BBC :/

I'm serious about the what question, name some underground stuff that is of decent quality these days that doesn't solely depend on "rude bois" stealing cars/doin drugs/stupid senseless violence and I might take a look at it, there are some good shows around
(I was fond of Sentinel/STs/SG/Lexx/Farscape/The Outer Limits/etc, but really I don't see a lot on offer...)

Benjie
17-01-04, 21:28
Yeah but they like dirty sex. I think we know why Quantum Delta wants to move to Japan...

QuantumDelta
17-01-04, 21:30
Busted -_-
:p

Benjie
17-01-04, 21:35
*deleted, and for good reasons too damnit*

Kasumi
17-01-04, 23:50

Heh.
Reasons I'd prefer to live in japan;
Climate.
Social (In general).
Preferable retirement in rural/mountain japan.
Anime (hey it's an influence).
I prefer Asian girls :p

*pokes QD* :)

Stop fighing with the little kids QD :P Both you seem uneducated about Japan so SHUSH!! :D QD your the smarter one :P Go back to the original topic! :P

Milksh@ke
18-01-04, 02:51
The original GITS was stunning, stylish and slick. Stand Alone Complex I got on DVD but haven't finished watching them all yet.
what I have seen so far is superb and follows the manga much more closely than the original film.

By the look of it GITS2 is going to follow the series more than the orginal film. most sexeh

I am quite learned in the ways of anime and manga, seen quite a few.

Sundiver
18-01-04, 03:50
Saw Akira for the first time tonight. Got it on 2 DVD's (one with the classic version and one that I prefer with widescreen). After trying to watch it with english language a couple minutes, I switched to japanese with english subs, it was so much better, as it usually is (or it is just my imagination). The movie was stunningly beautifully made, and the story good IMHO. I have been waiting to see this movie for so long, and was not disappointed :lol: I don't forget about my surroundings much when I see movies in general, but with this one, my coffee got cold and the coke warm. GITS is great too, of course.

REMUS
18-01-04, 03:55
manga is poo.

=Chojin=
18-01-04, 04:25
Originally posted by Sundiver
Saw Akira for the first time tonight. Got it on 2 DVD's (one with the classic version and one that I prefer with widescreen). After trying to watch it with english language a couple minutes, I switched to japanese with english subs, it was so much better, as it usually is (or it is just my imagination). The movie was stunningly beautifully made, and the story good IMHO. I have been waiting to see this movie for so long, and was not disappointed :lol: I don't forget about my surroundings much when I see movies in general, but with this one, my coffee got cold and the coke warm. GITS is great too, of course.

Akira Manga owns the film by lightyears read it :D

Dribble Joy
18-01-04, 05:23
I wouldn't want to live in Japan tbh, sure it's hot i the summer but it's FUCKING humid, and in the cities that gets really horrible.
I also beleive that is is generally very expensive to simply live there?
And the appartments are tiny :p

Oh and I can't speak japanese :D

Kasumi
18-01-04, 05:26
Akira is much to old to enjoy, it needed to be retired. :) By the way almost all manga is better than there Anime counterparts!! :P
hehe There are many reasons for this, most anime do not do the whole story of the manga, and the manga just feels a lot better to read than the animation I suppose. :P Many other things, jkust dont want to type them out

I wouldn't want to live in Japan tbh, sure it's hot i the summer but it's FUCKING humid, and in the cities that gets really horrible.
I also beleive that is is generally very expensive to simply live there?
And the appartments are tiny

@_@ hehe Dribble you ever been to Japan? :P Your the only one I have sene post something intelligent about Japan. :D

Samhain
18-01-04, 06:07
Wont see me getting tattoos for anything.

Again, how does this matter? If you know you aren't part of some demographic/stereotype that someone is discussing, then obviously thier comments aren't towards you - the only time saying things like that you have just said would be necessary is if I had said "You're probably one of those tattoo wearing ... [continue flame with your own imagination]" but I didn't.

but looking at things proportionately I like a larger percentage of the available anime compared to any percentage of anything else

I seriously doubt that you're monitoring yourself to ensure that you give equal share of attention to all different sources of everything, especially without bias, and it's not like you even have the capability to tell 'how much of a certain culture's work I've see'

I hate.
Hate. The English government, a few children could probably run the country better.
If that's hard to believe, the US Government is worse.

Sigh, unrelated...

Then I hate the social strata that's seen from school and on into adult life - US Stereotypical groups in high school (preps/geeks/jocks/etc/etc)

What you're saying here, essentially, is that there are no stereotypes in Japan.

So, social stereotypes are what make the western world terrible:

I prefer Asian girls

but racial profiling = A.O.K.

Drugs anywhere in the world are for the weak but there is a huge problem with drug/drug crime where I live.

It's not where you live, it's everywhere. I live in a small town that up until a few years ago, we didn't even have graffiti. We aren't even at 200,000 population, and now I could buy any drug I want within 15 minutes of leaving my door, and the city is covered in spraypaint.

street violence is something I used to be heavily involved in until one big gang fight where several people got seriously seriously injured and a few of the other gangs leaders got arrested.

Well, at least we know the Japanese have never had any sort of gang/clan related conflicts. Wait... wait...

Excuse me?

http://www.giger.com/FilmDesign/Images/HRG356x486.jpg

That would be Mr. Geiger working on the suit, taken from his site.

consumerism/lame capitalism = the poison in most first world countries these days...

Anime is one of the best things to come out of japan in recent years;
Nintendo/Playstation being another two.
Like Xbox holds a candle to those two giants...

pwned.

Largely?

Yes. Seeing as how you posted a relatively small list in comparison to what's out there. I could come up with a list twice that of non-Japanese movies that I think are better. Even worse about that list, is the anime-loving horde isn't 100% on you with it. There are some that despise what you've listed (Cowboy Bebop comes to mind) so it doesn't really serve as much of a "guide" for how many good films there are, largely because it's based on opinion..

And I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few which I'll get labotamised for

Yet, this is the kind of retarted fanboyism that is the reason so many people despise anime kiddies.

"OH MY GOD. YOU FORGOT TO LIST [x]! THIS IS A TOTAL BLOW TO YOUR CULTURAL IDENTITY SEEING AS HOW YOU DEFINE YOURSELF BY WHAT YOU WATCH!"

Honestly, listing all those movies was half related to what we were arguing, but it other cases, it's like listing a fucking resume. Look what one's *I've* seen. I'm sooo fucking cultured.

Big Brother.
Sky.
The Box.
MTV.
BBC.
All of these channels/organisations claim to be great or have that air about their adverts.

Uhh, you're citing the places that are trying to be multi-million dollar profit machines, as the ones saying they are the best? Perhaps you don't know, but advertising... it's a funny thing. See, people don't need anything more than water, food, and shelter to live. But these companies, they need to trick people in to buying shit, by making them think they need it. So of course, they all go WE ARE THE BEST WATCH THIS AND IT'S OKAY THAT YOU'RE A FAT SLOB BECAUSE DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAK WE'LL SELL YOU EVEN MORE SHIT TO FIX THAT.

Not only that, but you cited the most godawful bullshit on television [television in of itself is godawful bullshit] that only people who enjoy having life spoon fed to them watch.

Tell that to my family.
My sisters friends.
Oy Vey Shattered was on mostly 24/7 here -_-.

I said, HIT THEM. :P

"rude bois" stealing cars/doin drugs/stupid senseless violence and I might take a look at it, there are some good shows around

That's not underground. That's mainstream "badass", "xtreme", typical marketing.

Underground doesn't have to be underground because it's full of things unsuitable for the mainstream. Good underground is just walking in to a movie store and going through the old sections looking for movies no one has heard of. Same for a music store. Underground also depends where you are... underground in some cultures is mainstream in others, an example being Dimmu Borgir.

QuantumDelta
18-01-04, 08:42
Heh, not only the fact that you took most of my comments out of context, but the fact that you are being hypocritical in your own accusations of some of my manerisms.

Also.

Saying I find Asian girls/women more attractive ..............how the FUCK is that "wrong"?
Then again that's probably because of an age old friend of mine who has had a huge influence on my life, a lil guardian angel of mine who was originally from okinawa.

Heh.

monitoring myself for bias in a question of taste?
o_O how stupid a comment is that?
As for things being unrelated I was mentioning reasons I want out of this god forbidden country.

Arguing matter of oppinion is pointless, in ways we're both coming across as hypocritical but ffs don't take my shit outta context, as for the consoles comment - LIKE MICROSOFT vs The World isn't god damn capitalism at it's absolute worst?

Monopolisation comes to mind... then again, that's what happens when you let COMPANIES rule the world not people with ideals.

Whee.
Your turn at being a jackazz.

Dribble Joy
18-01-04, 10:01
Capitalism > you

If Capitalism didn't > you, then capitlaism wouldn't bee where it is.
It's the wonderful mechanics of survival of the fittest on a global scale :)

And to be honest letting people with ideals run the world is the last thing you want 8|

Generally despising the country/culture you are born into is perfectly natural (it's called being a teenager/young adult :p)
As you get older you realise the world is not going to change and that surprisingly enough things are how they are for a reason. :D

craio
18-01-04, 10:17
About Innocence,anyone know at which time the movie is situated regarding the first gits movie? So before /immediatly after/couple years after...?

Well my alltime favorite series are :
Rahxehpon,Mahoromatic,Gundam Seed

There are probably plenty of series/movies i wouldnt want to watch,but thats personal opininon ,maybe other people do like those.

Every country probably has his pros and cons ,but maybe its just that certain people have less problem with the cons of the other country then that of their own?

Samhain
18-01-04, 10:51
It's the wonderful mechanics of survival of the fittest on a global scale

Survival of the fittest doesn't apply to a system with rules.

Capitalism is not > anything. Capitalism is the opposite of everything that makes us humane and is the negative manifestation of everything that makes us human. It encourages greed, manipulation and exploitation, among other things. Capitalism isn't widespread because it's a lovely system, it's widespread because the only people with the power to change it are the one's it makes rich. Corporations rule this planet. Not governments and freedom.

I cannot die a happy man until I stand on the rubble of every corporate headquarters on the globe and see all the plastic people with their million dollar homes and their $3000 suits melting before me. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to die a happy man.

Dribble Joy
18-01-04, 11:21
Capitalsim > you BECAUSE it rules the world, it may not be the 'ideal', but it won, it's top of the pile.
People assume greed is bad far too much.
Everyone living together in harmony will not happen and to be frank is fucking boring and little/ no progress would be made under it.
If they have got thier million dollar homes, perhaps it's because (shock horror) they migh have worked thier tits off and risen the ranks to where they are, by being the best.
If you want what they have, go do it yourself, but don't drag them down if you can't be arsed/are jealous/or have some moral 'objection' to it.

It's a dog eat dog world out there (it's cheesy cos it's true)
They knew where to bite.

There is no right or wrong.

MrBane
18-01-04, 12:15
GITS was good, but not amazing like many people acclaim.
However, Stand Alone Complex, the series follow-up, is fucking fantastic.

Although I've lost track of how many episodes there are, I'm at episode 21... *Blinks*

Can anyone suggest more anime along the cyberpunk style of GITS? I don't want cartoony graphics, I want solid anime, like GITS, or Jihn Roh - Wolf Brigade. (That film was astounding)

craio
18-01-04, 12:39
Originally posted by MrBane
Can anyone suggest more anime along the cyberpunk style of GITS? I don't want cartoony graphics, I want solid anime, like GITS, or Jihn Roh - Wolf Brigade. (That film was astounding)

Euh,maybe try Armitage III (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,50,jdlzhg,armitage_iii_th.html),Battle angel Alita (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,65,neulwy,battle_angel.html) ,Wonderful days not sure on that last one.These arent the big eye,unnatural proportions,bright/strange hair colour style anime if thats what you mean with cartoony graphics.

Samhain
18-01-04, 23:13
If they have got thier million dollar homes, perhaps it's because (shock horror) they migh have worked thier tits off and risen the ranks to where they are, by being the best.

Bullshit. No one needs more than $250,000 a year to live, and most of these million dollar home owners got it because they were the latest trend or pop hit manufactured by a large corporation and spood fed to the masses who eagerly await the next trend like rabid sheep. $250,000 is enough to live with PLENTY of benefits and I for one could do with much less than that. Anyone who thinks they somehow need MORE should be publicly executed for the good of the species. Dog eat dog is right, which is why the real solution is to fly planes in to buildings and send bombs and anthrax everywhere - survival of the fittest, right?

Please, the capitalist "people who have more worked harder and climbed the ranks" argument is total fucking baloney. The real hard workers are the kids getting caught in machinery just so they can have enough to eat to live, all so you can pay a thousand percent markup on the shoes in order to maintain your social status and fund some CEOs habit of flying over to Japan to sodomize little boys. You're citing the average "American dream" type bullshit - the american dream, is the world's nightmare.

Capitalism won. And capitalism claims to be the best. ************sm would have done the same, and I'm sure you're dumb enough that you would have sat here saying "************sm > you" if all things were the same except for that.

There is no right or wrong

Don't start interjecting a relativist point of view, or there's no point in even breathing.

•Super|\|ova•
18-01-04, 23:25
Alien's concept art is alright, however I felt the first, third and fourth films were weak...

Inspiration? What the hell? He's one of the best artists I know. How did you come up with an idea that he ain't an artist? Oh, and it's H.R. Giger not Geiger :)

Dribble Joy
18-01-04, 23:49
You missed the point of what I was saying but nm, this is getting way OT.

You assume anything actually MATTERS.

QuantumDelta
19-01-04, 00:08
Looks like Sam and I would probably have not argued in different circumstances, heh.

Just FYI, from your last few posts Sam, I'd suspect you would enjoy the japanese version of the Kenshin series, since, you talked just like him in your view of capitalism vs his view of fighting :p

Samhain
19-01-04, 06:20
You assume anything actually MATTERS.

NIHILISM! NINHILISM! Lets all revert to oh-so-comfortable apathy!

Far too many people mistake a teenage nihilistic angst driven attitude for being intelligent/well read/deep.

Of course, the second something comes up - such as self gratification [you are, after all, on the forums of a video game, a source of entertainment and pleasure] your little "nothing really matters" philosophy goes to shit. You observe the futile persuit of many things that all human beings do, so stop trying to act like you've elevated yourself beyond our occupation with a physical world.

Looks like Sam and I would probably have not argued in different circumstances, heh.

I agree, we probably wouldn't... it's not that I thought any of the stereotypes/behavior patterns I've noticed apply to you anyway.

Just FYI, from your last few posts Sam, I'd suspect you would enjoy the japanese version of the Kenshin series, since, you talked just like him in your view of capitalism vs his view of fighting

Perhaps I will check it out.

Marx
19-01-04, 06:29
Of course, the second something comes up - such as self gratification [you are, after all, on the forums of a video game, a source of entertainment and pleasure] your little "nothing really matters" philosophy goes to shit. You observe the futile persuit of many things that all human beings do, so stop trying to act like you've elevated yourself beyond our occupation with a physical world.

hate to say this... but,

nihilowned

Far too many people mistake a teenage nihilistic angst driven attitude for being intelligent/well read/deep.

damn, for awhile there i thought this forum was full of poetic child prodigies.

=/

Dribble Joy
19-01-04, 07:07
Devil's Advocate and the playing thereof.

Look I don't care.

For one, I'm not a teenager.
Two, while I admit that I have a chronic problem with self-worth, I do not assume to be 'above' anyone, nor am I 'angsty'.
I am actually (despite above comment) a very happy person, I enjoy life, yet I know that it has no relevence at all from whatever angle.

This is the most inane comment ever.
I may be a source of amusment and a tool others use for thier enjoyment, but that is as it has allways been.
My 'philosophy' as you have deemed to label the small and incomplete part of my lookout on life that I have shared with you all, does not 'go to shit'.
Yes, I play video games and watch anime, why? Because I enjoy it. It's fun, I get pleasure from it.
That does not detract nor affect the fact that they mean nothing at all in the long term.

I am far from apathetic.
While I know that life in the 'grand scheme of things' is utterly meaningless, I do live in this world, I do have morals, I do care about the fates and lives of others and during my time on this planet I am going to fight for them.

DO
NOT
PIGEON
HOLE
ME

Samhain
19-01-04, 08:18
For one, I'm not a teenager.

Now now, I never said you were a teenager, I was comparing your behavior to that of a teenager. Infact, if you were a teenager, there would be nothing wrong with it. The fact you have now admitted you aren't shows you largely lack maturity / development.

Look I don't care.

Proceeded by a reply. Touche! No match for that kind of logic.

This is the most inane comment ever.

No, your comment about nothing 'mattering' was inane. You occupy yourself with things that you claim to know have no meaning in the long term. You claim to have this 'knowledge', but you do not apply it - you are therefore stupid, or not at as much of an understanding as you think/wish you are/were.

Yes, the universe keeps going when our existence ceases. In the large scheme, we don't affect much. But seeing as how you were utilizing a relaitivist point of view several posts earlier, I'm going to presume you are indeed a relativist and weren't just arguing it for the sake of arguing. If so, then you hopefully understand that since human beings aren't capable of comprehending large things, relatively, we do think our lives are important because the extent of our comprehension is that which we directly experience. Just as human beings can't comprehend things such as infinity (we are able to understand it symbolically, and know it's uses/limitations/consequences when applied mathematically, but we do not KNOW infinity) we cannot comprehend how infantessimal (SIC) our existences are.

Bottom line I suppose I should say, is that if you knew your life had no meaning, you would not bother putting out all the effort to sustain it. Living is not something that is just there. You put on a coat when it is cold. You make sure no cars are coming when you cross the road. You eat. All of this points towards one and only one thing: you feel a need to keep going.

Dribble Joy
19-01-04, 08:29
Bottom line I suppose I should say, is that if you knew your life had no meaning, you would not bother putting out all the effort to sustain it.

Why?
Life is meaningless overall, but it is also fun, and I will live it to it's fullest. Why can't you see how both these can be true?

Teehee, This is fun. :D

=Chojin=
19-01-04, 19:14

Bottom line I suppose I should say, is that if you knew your life had no meaning, you would not bother putting out all the effort to sustain it. Living is not something that is just there. You put on a coat when it is cold. You make sure no cars are coming when you cross the road. You eat. All of this points towards one and only one thing: you feel a need to keep going. [/B]

i dont wanna get to deep into this but i just thourght doesnt instinct have something to do with this last comment?
and something like instinct overide's other things/thourghts/feelings.

?