PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for changing para - drain stamina

Strych9
15-01-04, 19:02
Just thought of this, thought I would toss it out there.

Make para take away stamina. Not sure if all at once or slowly over time.

Advantage:

1. No reduction in aim speed/mouse movement
2. Easily and immediately countered by stamina boosters- one less drug you need to carry
3. Depending on level, would take several castings to fully plant someone in place, and would take several more repeated castings to keep in place. Abuse could be checked by mana drain or rof.
4. Able to be countered by high initial stamina and high agl/athl

Disadvantage:
1. Maybe unfair to melee/heavy weap users cause of natural stamina drain of their weapon?
2. No effect on mobs? Not sure how their stamina comes into play. Could be answered by keeping current effect on mobs, and only having stamina effect on runners.

Just an idea. I may have missed some obvious reason why this wouldnt work.

Jest
15-01-04, 19:04
That's actually not too shabby of an idea. Jest likey.

Rade
15-01-04, 19:06
I really like this, they could have the old effect on mobs (real old
effect, before the first parashock/freezer nerfs) and then have a
slow stamina drain when used on other players. Maybe freezers
could be brought back without being overpowered too.

Shadow Dancer
15-01-04, 19:15
I like.

alot

Glok
15-01-04, 19:18
http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif

Rade
15-01-04, 19:18
gotta rate this *****

After this thread goes for a while someone should repost this a
little more fleshed out.

Shadow Dancer
15-01-04, 19:19
Oh btw, the reason I didn't post much of a response is because I doubt KK will change para. For some reason KK seems obsessed with keeping this cheesy spell, as it is, in the game.

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 19:20
I am liking.
As long as the drain isn't insane.

BombShell
15-01-04, 19:31
WoW i never thought of that vary good idea :)

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 19:32
Personally I want the horrid spell removed or made PvM, but if not, this seems the best course of action.

Strych9
15-01-04, 20:27
Well good. I THOUGHT it made sense, but I figured if I was missing something you guys would be quick to point that out. ;)

Opar
15-01-04, 20:30

6 stars. However i cant give 6 stars. Funf Stars.

Matthew.v.smith
15-01-04, 20:36
Simple but effective :)

Matty.
5 star:angel:

Carinth
15-01-04, 22:13
One thing to keep in mind is classes with low cons will be effected much more then other classes. Particularly, draining a monk's stamina is a lot worse then draining a tank's. Also with Stamina Boosters easily available, this will just mean even people with high stamina will hafta carry around boosters to counter shock.

Rade
15-01-04, 22:20
Originally posted by Carinth
One thing to keep in mind is classes with low cons will be effected much more then other classes. Particularly, draining a monk's stamina is a lot worse then draining a tank's. Also with Stamina Boosters easily available, this will just mean even people with high stamina will hafta carry around boosters to counter shock.

Except for the fact that a monk only uses his stamina for running
around while other classes uses a shitload of stamina for
shooting their guns?

Jest
15-01-04, 22:23
Pft. Doesn't matter what class my char is, they will have 0 endurance period. (+ bonuses).

This idea is awesome, its dang simple too.

sw1tch
15-01-04, 22:26
only bad thing is, gatling cannons and libby's ect cant be fired with 0 stamina, they just keep reloading,

other than that, nice idea

Rade
15-01-04, 22:29
Originally posted by sw1tch
only bad thing is, gatling cannons and libby's ect cant be fired with 0 stamina, they just keep reloading,

other than that, nice idea

Then chuck a booster. Boosters are cheap, comes in packs of
four, and you have em in your belt anyway.

Original monk
15-01-04, 22:35
ffcourse i dont like it, and im not voting stars unlike everyone else posted here

why ya wonna let it drain stamina ? ya cant keep keep keep nerfing that spell lol, its been nerfed a few weeks ago, let it be and wait till they fix the glue-effect of the halo's and stuff, cause they are way to strong atm, as long as reakktor doesnt nerf the paraspells to dead i see no problem.
but as it is now, the halo's and even lowleveler parashocks are waay overpowered compared to before the previous patch.

but i dont like to see any spell being nerfed over and over, you will see that the same will happen to apu's in a while with the hilevelattackspells (like the rangenerf but worse) and in no time the monkrace is fubared.

i see more of a problem in next patch with the -30 to -5 % with hybrids ... i think we will get a shitload of hybrids again but then with regular (5slotted ultimated) halo's and blessed spells, so im curious wich "adjustments" we will see in the patchnotes when it goes retail.

actually i cant wait till next patch cause of curiousity, i think alot is gonna change in neocron in the few next weeks, and dOy will bring the big changes :) i also cant wait till i read the dOy notes :)

(especially the trader npc's :P)

ciao

Nash_Brigham
15-01-04, 22:47
I like this idea alot. It makes a helluvalot more sense, and instead of just freezing someone in place, just forces em to walk :D

Good thing I work recycling for stamina boosters, or as a psi monk, I might be in a wee bit of trouble ;)

Carinth
15-01-04, 22:48
Rade, having the lowest con of any class and needing every point in resists, means we have the lowest stamina. Lowest stamina means we regen the slowest. Low stamina means we can't run very far without popping a booster. Which means we lose yet another quickbelt spot which especialy us ppu's can't do. My ppu has 110 stamina, and thats a lot for most monks. I have it that way because previously I was always being caught when i ran out of stamina. I can't afford to use stam boosters, so this is all I could do. Spies have the second lowest con and providing they care about con, they would also have a tough time and will have weapons which lower stam.

J. Folsom
15-01-04, 22:56
Rade, having the lowest con of any class and needing every point in resists, means we have the lowest stamina. Slight correction Carinth...

Spies get lower con, and since their PA is necesarry for a good setup and it reduces endurance, they also always get lower or equal stamina to monks.

bounty
15-01-04, 22:57
Holy shit, this person has a brain! 5 stars!

Rade
15-01-04, 22:57
Rade, having the lowest con of any class and needing every point in resists, means we have the lowest stamina. Lowest stamina means we regen the slowest. Low stamina means we can't run very far without popping a booster. Which means we lose yet another quickbelt spot which especialy us ppu's can't do. My ppu has 110 stamina, and thats a lot for most monks. I have it that way because previously I was always being caught when i ran out of stamina. I can't afford to use stam boosters, so this is all I could do. Spies have the second lowest con and providing they care about con, they would also have a tough time and will have weapons which lower stam.

I have 106 stamina.

I dont know anyone of any class that can put points in
endurance. CON in itself does fuck all to increase stamina really.
If anything Monks are the ones that will be the least affected by
this, its not like your weapons stop firing when youre out of
stamina now is it?

Scikar
15-01-04, 23:05
I'm all for this idea. The fact that original is arguing it shouldn't be in on the grounds that parashock has been changed a lot makes me want to give it 10 stars.

Jest
15-01-04, 23:10
Heh, Car maybe AntiParashock and Catharsis spells can refill your stamina. :p You cant afford to use boosters? Just replace the antishock with a stamina booster.

And if not then just right click use. Easier than swapping a spell I think youd agree.

Scikar
15-01-04, 23:14
Car, which is worse, being glued to the floor, or having your stamina drained?

Jest
15-01-04, 23:34
Originally posted by Scikar
Car, which is worse, being glued to the floor, or having your stamina drained? Yah exactly, I can definitely see potential arguments from an offensive point of view, but not defensive. Seriously which classes put points into endurance? None that I know of, not even a tank with 100 Con. (1 stamina point for every endurance pft no thank you). I think it is a solution every class can agree to.

Strych9
16-01-04, 01:18
Sure it has a downside, but if it didnt would it be a worthwhile suggestion?

My thinking is that being able to still use your mouse and aim properly would make this have less effect in PvP. A PPU could still use the spell to stop someone from running away, or to keep someone in place- but it would take more than a single quick click to render someone inoperable.

Shadow Dancer
16-01-04, 01:46
Originally posted by Rade
Except for the fact that a monk only uses his stamina for running
around while other classes uses a shitload of stamina for
shooting their guns?

Boosters take alot of stamina. So do medkits(not an issue for ppus). I've been in situations where I couldn't fire because I had no mana and i had no stamina to chug a booster. Of course now I carry lots of stam boosters. thx. :rolleyes:

bounty
16-01-04, 02:13
One question i have though is, then what is the point of the parashock spells? is this just to throw someone out of rythm? Seems like you might as well just take the damn spells out(gets my vote)?

Rade
16-01-04, 02:15
Going low on stamina is damn serious, you cant run which makes
you move alot slower and some guns wont fire. To get around
this you can of course stand still and crouch and let it go up again
but then youre a sitting duck for a while. Theres a reason
everyone has stamina boosters in their QB...

bounty
16-01-04, 02:17
But i mean stamina boosters are insta boost. If it was a rebuild over time thing like psi boosters i could see this causing people some problems but as of now, its too easy to shrug off it seems.

MindMaze
16-01-04, 02:26
Ok, I really like this idea because of two reasons:
1) Tanks, who regenerate sta the fastest, will have a certain advantage.
2) Stamina boosters can be used easily, and they come in packs of 4.

I reallly want this piece of shit spell out of the game, but if it has to stay, let it be in this form.

5 stars.

Carinth
16-01-04, 06:18
I'm with bounty, might as well just get rid of shock. Unless you accept stam boosters which regen over time, like psi boosters and medkits do. Then zapping your stam would be easily negated. It woudl be like antishock drugs which didn't give a drug effect and were cheap. Even better, it's like the antishock spell. I can remove shock from roughly 3 people before I could shock a single person. I get 70/min rof on my holy antishock. The only time shock stays on me is when I'm more concerned about dmg boost, or simply don't care. Stam boosters would do the same, as EE pointed out : ) Tanks would laugh shock off. So just toss the spell.

Rade
16-01-04, 14:57
Are you even reading or just being on the defence now carinth?
What we are suggesting is a spell that lasts as long as
parashock and constantly drain stamina during the duration.
While being parashocked the only way you could possible do
something is sit down and shoot, because if for example a tank
runs and shoots the stamina goes poof normaly, now it would be
like insta-gone. Either that or run around but chucking boosters
like no tomorrow. We're not talking about a one shot spell that
deletes all stamina, of course that would be silly.

Strych9
16-01-04, 15:37
If the spell ticks away stamina, then popping a stamina booster (which only restores stamina to 75% of max, BTW) will give you some stamina to use, but it wont stop it from continuing to tick away.

And everyone is correct- the spell wont be NEARLY as effective in PvP as it is now- and that is pretty much what 95% of the posting population here want.

Remove it? That would make a LOT of people happy actually. This is just an attempt to keep it in game yet lessen the effect it has in PvP.

El Barto
16-01-04, 15:46
Not a bad idea, maybe have the same thing with the other freezer guns, or at least let the other freezer weapons freeze mobs. Your idea is very nice though.

Original monk
16-01-04, 16:00
Originally posted by Scikar
I'm all for this idea. The fact that original is arguing it shouldn't be in on the grounds that parashock has been changed a lot makes me want to give it 10 stars.

i didnt expect anything else from a #1 parahater :P

bleh, bleeh

Cruzbroker
16-01-04, 17:41
Five stars..

And if KK really wants to keep the current crap, AT LEAST remove the slow aim thing. It means death now if someone is shooting you, and you can't even shoot back... Bow to drugs that help too late..

Scikar
16-01-04, 19:36
Originally posted by Original monk
i didnt expect anything else from a #1 parahater :P

bleh, bleeh

I just think there are better arguments than "OMG BUT KK ALREADY CHANGED IT 2 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!"