View Full Version : Boost the Wyatt Earp

Judge
15-01-04, 17:54
Ok, we may as well get started somwhere.... and the wyatt earp has been on the "pile of shit" lists since.... well ever. There are so many fucked up weapons that it is getting stupid. The thing is that just giving all weapons a damage boost that need it is not only incredibly BORING but could cause problems in the game... balancing etc etc... it also doesn't really give each cahracter their own unique style of fighting... its "ok" if there are cookie cutter characters... just make it so that people fight different.

Anyway here is my proposition for the Wyatt earp and ALL 9mm pistols. They all need a boost, not just the Earp, I mean ffs compare it to the Termy.

Give the Wyatt no-reticle aiming, like spells have. This would go with the sort of gunslinging quickdraw style that alot of people might have originally wanted for their pistol characters but got lumbered with slow aiming guns like the libby and wyatt. I think that this would boost the Wyatt up a treat... maybe even getting some Wyatt Tanks. I don't think that it would overpower the Wyatt either beause well.... the damage sucks and the stacks are really short, oh and the range is shit as well.

OK, there is my proposition. I think that loads of things in the game need a boost... the wyatt is just the first on my list.... mainly because I'm a Pistol PE (no point in denying it).

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 17:57
i killed a CS wielding Mod Character with my 1 slot Phospher Wyatt Earp...

its just a different play style.

get those stacks down.

(edit) by mod char i mean a KK employee... not a volenteer GM - a full time KK employee

El_MUERkO
15-01-04, 17:59
It does suck to be honest, yes its the lowest TL rare pistol but its still totally crap, It'd be nice to make it worth something in combat.

ezza
15-01-04, 18:00
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat

get those stacks down.

(edit) by mod char i mean a KK employee... not a volenteer GM - a full time KK employee bahh getting worse than Vet for Pk bragging:p

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 18:03
lol... i suck at PvP... hence a good kill is worth bragging about :)

i tell you what... you kill a mod char with a wyatt earp when he/she uses a real weapon - then ill shut up :p

and tbh i dont think it needs a boost. ok the range sucks... but i kill as quick (PvM) with a wyatt as with a lib. is it a 40 bullet clip now? or is it a 20? - either way, 20 or 40 stacks of fire shreds a mob :D

as for PvP.... its all about adapting to a new weapon

Matthew.v.smith
15-01-04, 18:03
It looks Propper cool but its so weak that i dont bother with it (unless i wanna look good :p) but yeah boost it and i might use it a tiny bit more.

No rectical sounds perfect but I think it could use something a bit more boosting like Smaller Clip but higher DMG and rate of fire.

Matty.:angel:

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 18:04
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
It looks Propper cool but its so weak that i dont bother with it (unless i wanna look good :p) but yeah boost it and i might use it a tiny bit more.

No rectical sounds perfect but I think it could use something a bit more boosting like Smaller Clip but higher DMG and rate of fire.

Matty.:angel:

WTH? i love the RoF on my wyatt!

and a phospher modded one adds a stack per hit, its not the immediat damage that matters

Mumblyfish
15-01-04, 18:07
Make the Slasher work.

Boost Wyatt aiming time and give it greatest pistol range.

Then you've got a happy pistol spy.

Judge
15-01-04, 18:08
I might actually try PvPing with the Wyatt on my low-tech PE. But I still think that having autoaim would not only be a cool boost, but would add a new dimension to the class.

Rith
15-01-04, 18:10
BOOST TEH JUDGE

wyatt earps good for warbots, but its sick that a weapon as cool looking and sounding as the judge is comparitively out of place... either switch it from double barrel to 4 shots or give the range a bit of love... it aims like a pissed drom

ezza
15-01-04, 18:10
sorry but i aint down with the auto aim, i hate monks having it and i dont like the idea of PEs having it for any weapon

Zanathos
15-01-04, 18:11
I have yet to actually use a Wyatt Earp on my pistol PE.

I need a tech part..... I think :)

ezza
15-01-04, 18:12
i have a uber 3 slot wyatt but with no char to use it on until my uber pistol tank is leveled:)

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 18:15
no shitting you... i think the wyatt earp is my favourite gun... ever...

i hate the lib with a passion

Judge
15-01-04, 18:15
But ezza... the range is... appauling. As is the damage. I think that we could at least try it out, see what its like. Or just increase the aiming alot, I mean its a 9mm pistol... let them aim damn quickly, the problem now is that the aiming is dependant on the range of a weapon. Like you know that scene in the matrix where the Neb crew have fallen down the wetwall and the two with 9mm and uzi (damn I should know their names) cover them... the 9mm guy shoots one shot on each aiming fast, whereas the uzi guy just strafes the bastards. Two different style that work as well.... it would be really cool for a scene like that to happen in NC :)

ezza
15-01-04, 18:17
yeah i know the range sucks so boost the range dont make it a no skill needed no aim monk style weapon

or ill have to add pistol Pes to the classes i hate(APUs and PPU if your interested;) )

Mumblyfish
15-01-04, 18:18
no shitting you... i think the wyatt earp is my favourite gun... ever...

i hate the lib with a passion

Same boat as me.

"Hey, let's make an SMG, right? But let's make it SHIT!

YEAH! GO TEAM!"

t0tt3
15-01-04, 18:19

get those stacks down.

(edit) by mod char i mean a KK employee... not a volenteer GM - a full time KK employee

hmmm only one I know that been killed by a WE is Danae :p
Stop braging :lol:

Zanathos
15-01-04, 18:20
I never understood why the wyatt earp has a range of like.... 40 meters.....

At least it seems like that. But really its a very short range, if I cant aim that gun from one end of the outpost to the other end, well, thats just bad.

Submachine guns, rifles, assault rifles and machine guns all have more range however than a pistol.

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 18:20
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Same boat as me.

YEAH! GO TEAM!"

ahahahaha

leveling... SMG = teh sex

PvP... i cant hit shit

im not bitching about the gun... im sure its me being shit with an SMG... but i still hate it :p

:edit: tott3! thats right! it was nae i killed with my wytt... i wasnt gonna name names though :lol:

:edit2: zanthos - try 13 metres :p

Egeon
15-01-04, 18:23
Same boat as me.

YEAH! GO TEAM!"
it's the aiming that is not that good (compared to other pistols)
WE could use a small(!!!!) dmg boost, but most important is the aiming behavior.

described here:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87387

L0KI
15-01-04, 18:27
give it a range boost, it doesnt even need a dmg boost imo

XanX
15-01-04, 18:43
range is defo needed on it, either range OR damage, cus its SOOOO close quarter, it needs to be like the uber cannon that Clint eastwood as Dirty Harry used.

You wanna feel like you got a hand cannon :D

El_MUERkO
15-01-04, 18:51
Double the range on the Wyatt (80m), up the dmg about 12/15%.

Lower the range of the Liberator but increase the speed of the recticle lock so you get more hits on target.

Do that and I'm a happy camper :)

ezza
15-01-04, 18:53
also increase the range damage aiming and clip size on the CS and im a happy tank:p

El_MUERkO
15-01-04, 18:55
Never sid there was much chance of it happening :D

Krunky
15-01-04, 18:56
Lower the earp and make it duel wieldable.
phospher and uranium stacks up the arsehole. :D
prolly impossable but hey itd own

XanX
15-01-04, 20:02
omfg dual earps, make dual weilding a STR skill and your in major sex city there

Mumblyfish
15-01-04, 20:04
Originally posted by XanX
omfg dual earps, make dual weilding a STR skill and your in major sex city there

AKA "Let's make spies worse at wielding pistols than they are now". Nice to know that we're not supposed to use weapons under our main subskill.

XanX
15-01-04, 20:08
imho spies = rifles, pes = pistols

I know some good rifle pes and good pistol spies, but I think that dual wiedling should either be item specific or a sub skill, like MST, ORRR make them require Tech combat.

Mumblyfish
15-01-04, 20:19

That'd explain why only spies can use the Slasher to a decent level. And why spies have pistol PA. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 22:23

imho you = wrong, pistol spies = right

Judge
16-01-04, 01:01
I think that both spies and PEs should be able to use Pistols and Rifles without prejudices or stereotypes being placed upon them... anyway with hacknet coming out Pistol Spies may well be alot more popular :D

Mumblyfish
16-01-04, 01:09
Except that pistol spies are useless :lol:

Give people with approx 200-220 P-C a new toy. You know how the Spy Pistol PA is called the Assassinationsuit? Well, it'd be GREAT if you could actually assassinate as a pistol spy. So why not have a mini-crossbow-esque weapon (and by "esque" I mean "would have to be completely changed to fit in with Neocron") that pistol users can use to cause drug flash, like poison darts, allowing them to stealth in closer and get a silent kill. You know, ASSASSINY!

ezza
16-01-04, 01:58
i belive that KK are going to change the wyatt earps name to spud gun, as it already has the aim and range and damage of one:D

necrocon
16-01-04, 09:46
FIX EARP I fully agree with this one

a different question cant you just make it a bigger caliber dealing more damage I mean like a 45 or something like that instead of a 9mm such a little gun in such a powerful world

TheEnemy
16-01-04, 10:30
NERF EXECUTIONER

Blunt
16-01-04, 13:14
I explosive modded a wyatt and it does good damage. Too bad the aiming and range on it is total bullshit. Imho lowtech anything should never have as high damage potential as any tech weapon. Anyways the wyatt isn't a .50 caliber revolver so why does it aim like one? Judges are uber if you have enough p-c, just try it on as a pistol spy. T-c pistol PE's are a joke.

Fix the wyatt's aim and range.

El_MUERkO
16-01-04, 13:20
I use a judge but I'm totally capped and have lots of rare parts, the wyatt is a good pistol for leveling PE's or Pistol Spies but but a Naplam or Blacksun is better, which is a pity, imo a rare should'nt be out gunned by a store bought pistol.

Comie
16-01-04, 14:02
Sadly the Earp is like the Terminator

Mainly there for looks...
Stack damage on the termi is laughable.. so any weapon mods = waste of mod slot

the range is 34 meters, and the ret lock is 'slow'

and yu hardly ever hit with all 4 of the burst

Allow the Earp to be duel wield, up its Lock speed

and make my shotgun better

(sorry for the shameless plug for a bit of a boost of a rifle)

Judge
16-01-04, 18:07
If not make it autoaim then increase the aiming MASSIVELY.... I really think that it should be very easy to aim... but not much damage/RoF.

Lagos
16-01-04, 18:31
improving the range to maybe 50-70 m would be enough ..
the damage WE deals is alright for such a low TL gun, but
the aiming is just .. horrible.

greets, Lagos.

Kikyo
16-01-04, 18:33
your absoluty wrong all thats nerfed on it is the range otherwise its equal to lib i pwn most ppl with wyatt

Benjie
16-01-04, 18:36
I have a phospher Wyatt Earp with Awesome stats (120, +1x 117) and a phospher liberator with 120 in all stats.

Even if you are shit at aiming with the libby (which I am) the libby is still better. The wyatt is just a lot crapper imo.

Netphreak
17-01-04, 04:37
Originally posted by TheEnemy
NERF EXECUTIONER

In all seriousiness? Fusion pistol's (and rifles too) are a complete waste of time they are so shit. I have a 2 slot Executioner that i was given by a friend (BloodRaven if your reading this come back we need you!) and i haven't even bothered modding it because fusions pistol's just suck so badly!

Libby aiming is well shite, if it had a fraction of its power back then the aiming would be ok.

As for the Wyatt Earp it definately needs a range boost i would say nearly 120 meter's would be great. Remember a marksman could easily aim that with a pistol.
Aiming speed needs to be doubled.
Damage if boosted at all then 5% would be enough as the ROF is good for this type of weapon.

Kikyo
17-01-04, 11:44
executioner pwns some spy does 40 dmg per hit on me as a PE and shoots every .8 seconds or so

Judge
17-01-04, 14:26
The main problem with fusion pistols is that... the amount of damage it does is increased at further range. Shame its a pistol then?

El Barto
17-01-04, 17:57
All the crap rare weapons need a boost.

Jesterthegreat
17-01-04, 18:25
Except that pistol spies are useless :lol:

check my thread about spy setups... my setup is there...

Mumblyfish
17-01-04, 18:29
check my thread about spy setups... my setup is there...

Eeeh, I don't see that as viable. In my opinion, pistol spies simply need to have a higher damage output. At least on par, if not greater, than an APU, just because they drop like a sack of shit and (again) can't actually DO any assassination because their time to kill is too slow.

Jesterthegreat
17-01-04, 18:31
Eeeh, I don't see that as viable.

ok opinion noted... but could you say why on the thread? and possibly offer suggestions?

personally i have quit so i dont care - however i dont want the spies to constantly be looked down upon :D

shodanjr_gr
17-01-04, 19:48
Hm...my impression of teh Wyatt Earp is that of the gun Dirty Harry uses. .47 Magnum revolver.
Insane damage, low ROF, very acurate aiming.
How does that sound?

Samhain
17-01-04, 19:52
i've never successfully watched the entirety of wyatt earp ... keep trying to, gets boring..

Lanigav
18-01-04, 10:11
Boosting the Wyatt Earp would make me happy as hell. It needs a boost all around, except maybe in ammo capacity where its fine.

Jesterthegreat
18-01-04, 13:24
better aim speed would be good... but tbh i dont tink it needs anything changing.

i think most of the people who say "wyatt earp sucks" are repeating what they are told. i certainly have no problem using it

i kill mobs slightly slower with a wyatt compared to lib (and i do mean slightly) and i (personally) aim better with a wyatt than a lib PvP.

TheEnemy
18-01-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Netphreak
In all seriousiness?

No, dummie :p