PDA

View Full Version : NeMa 8: Input ...

Iorghe
15-01-04, 15:51
The end of the month is comming and by now everyone should know what that means. IT'S WRITING TIME!!

I want to know what happend in the past months, I want battle reports, personal adverts, horoscopes (that's you eleanor ;))

I read more then once that peoples dont like the scenario's of Felix and Spud, this is your chance to do something about it. Write me a scenario, as my grandmother used to say:"It is easy to critisise someone elses work, but a lot harder to prove you can do it better."

Also Include your nickname and servername, if I get enough reports (and I really hope i do) I will split the news in several sections (one for each server).

As I already said a thousand times : NeMa is what YOU make of it!

I hope to receive a lot of articles of all of you.

PS I'm sorry for the delay in payment of the writers of NeMa 6&7 but before i went on my holiday things were kinda hectic (patches TH security and lots more), but Carbonite is working trough them right now. I promise it won't take so long in the future.

Kind regards,

INFERNO22
15-01-04, 16:10
Do you want neocron stories ?:angel:

J. Folsom
15-01-04, 16:16
I presume articles should be send to h.chesterfield@neocron.com ?

Iorghe
15-01-04, 16:16
Originally posted by INFERNO22
Do you want neocron stories ?:angel:
off course. but dont do a diary we already have one ;) *looks at whiteKraKRBoi*

Originally posted by J. Folsom
I presume articles should be send to h.chesterfield@neocron.com ?
Yes

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 16:41
I have sent honeypot my news for the Mercs for the neochronical as per Callash's thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87494), for NeMa would you want similar stuff? Perhaps in more detail?

Iorghe
15-01-04, 17:15
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I have sent honeypot my news for the Mercs for the neochronical as per Callash's thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87494), for NeMa would you want similar stuff? Perhaps in more detail?

I asked honeypot to send the stuff he had to me when it is finished, but I haven't seen any of the stuff he has received. You are welcome to send bigger more detailed articles off course.

Next to that I am begging you all, if you send screenshots PLEASE PLEASE turn off your HUD (ctrl+alt+F6) and send them at a 1024 x 768 resolution (absolute minimum)

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 17:46
The problem is that the story involves the current situation re. the mercs on Uranus, which isn't anything like that on the other servers. (virtual cease-fire beween CM and BD) and I wouldn't want people to assume it to be the norm on all servers.
Would a larger article appear with the server in question pointed out or not.

t0tt3
15-01-04, 18:10
Originally posted by Iorghe
Next to that I am begging you all, if you send screenshots PLEASE PLEASE turn off your HUD (ctrl+alt+F6) and send them at a 1024 x 768 resolution (absolute minimum)

Nice.. then we can take some pic did you think all ran around with 1600 res not even my monitor can take that "what I know" :D

Maybe there will be more stories when you lower the min res for pics..

thnx again :D

Archeus
15-01-04, 18:39
Heh I wonder if anyone is going to write about FA on pluto.. What with the whole balance of power changing and CYBOT getting turned into a crate of MetalD after a tragic accident with a TL150 Salvage tool (rumour has it FA sold the crate to BD for thier drinks).

We are practically up to a novel at this stage over the last couple of weeks. :)

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 18:53
Originally posted by Archeus
CYBOT getting turned into a crate of MetalD after a tragic accident with a TL150 Salvage tool (rumour has it FA sold the crate to BD for thier drinks).

/me roffles himself to death.

Iorghe
15-01-04, 19:00
I'm thinking of providing 4 server sections aka Jupiter News - Uranus News - Saturn News - Pluto News (in this order, because it's consistent with the gameserver selection menu ;))

Dribble Joy
15-01-04, 19:07
Spangly, I'll get on with writing it, when is the deadline?

Iorghe
15-01-04, 19:12
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Spangly, I'll get on with writing it, when is the deadline?

*slaps teh head*
for EU peoples:
Moday 26.01.2004
for USA peoples:
Monday 2004 - 01- 26

Cytaur
15-01-04, 20:18
*slaps teh head*
for EU peoples:
Moday 26.01.2004
for USA peoples:
Monday 2004 - 01- 26

and for Canada peoples:
Monday 01/26/04

jj dynomite
16-01-04, 02:46
Originally posted by Cytaur
and for Canada peoples:
Monday 01/26/04

I'm from USA and i understand the Canada date easier. :p

BTW Iorghe....

I'm thinking up of a story relating to the upcoming hacknet. About somebody finding a "new way" to hack into GR's, but needs to get his tool programmed properly to do so. Is this acceptable?

slaughteruall
16-01-04, 10:03
and for Canada peoples:
Monday 01/26/04

This is what most of the USA uses

Or if you care some places here in the USA would use mainly government and the go by greenwich time.

Monday 26JAN04

Slaughter

useless info i'm full of it. Like how many speaking lines did arnold swartzenager (close enough) have in the first terminator?

16 lines :D

EDIT: spelling

Iorghe
16-01-04, 10:34
Originally posted by jj dynomite
BTW Iorghe....

I'm thinking up of a story relating to the upcoming hacknet. About somebody finding a "new way" to hack into GR's, but needs to get his tool programmed properly to do so. Is this acceptable?

It will be considered, but I will have to discuss it with Holger after I read your article. It is possible that it will be kept for a later release.

WebShock
17-01-04, 12:28
lorghe,
plz get honeypot to forward you his articles. I have submitted tangent news for saturn. i really hope it makes nema 8.

Tidus_Origin
18-01-04, 20:32
i've started this story that could be put into a future issue of NeMa - as its nowhere near done yet...but once it is, i might try sending it in and see if they accept it.

The story consists of something a conspiracy theorist would write about - all I'm saying is that its connected to MC5 and new runners........ :D

<edit>
and, its not a diary.
</edit>

Iorghe
19-01-04, 13:05
Originally posted by WebShock
lorghe,
plz get honeypot to forward you his articles. I have submitted tangent news for saturn. i really hope it makes nema 8.
Off course I will. As always, some of the articles can be molded a bit here and there.

Originally posted by Tidus_Origin
i've started this story that could be put into a future issue of NeMa - as its nowhere near done yet...but once it is, i might try sending it in and see if they accept it.

The story consists of something a conspiracy theorist would write about - all I'm saying is that its connected to MC5 and new runners........ :D

<edit>
and, its not a diary.
</edit>
You can make it totally fictionous (like the story we had before)

Greetz

garyu69
19-01-04, 14:26
off course. but dont do a diary we already have one ;) *looks at whiteKraKRBoi*
Noooooooooooooooo that was my plan :(
*cries*

Iorghe
19-01-04, 16:13
Originally posted by garyu69
Noooooooooooooooo that was my plan :(
*cries*

There are so many other things to write, if you need any ideas, you can always write Mr Bane a Msg

MrDomino
21-01-04, 18:54
give me an idea and i would be glad to write, maybe i could do an article on the upcoming release of the new NEXT combat vehicles, i'm going to join the pathfinders so i could do it

Iorghe
21-01-04, 21:46
Originally posted by MrDomino
give me an idea ...

well i'm in the need of someone new to do the NEMA horoscopes as Eleanor retired.

MrDomino
21-01-04, 23:23
ill look into it and let you know soon

MrDomino
21-01-04, 23:35
i looked at past editions of the nema and the horoscopes didnt seem that big of a deal to me, im going to open up a poll with a yes/no keep horoscope poll and then ask for posts with new suggestions.

J. Folsom
23-01-04, 16:03
Is there a preferred format for screenshots to send in?

That is, I could either send them in as a ~800kb .BMP (After compression), or I could send in a less then 100kb .JPG (At a compression factor of 10). Both of them are high quality.

Iorghe
23-01-04, 16:45
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Is there a preferred format for screenshots to send in?

That is, I could either send them in as a ~800kb .BMP (After compression), or I could send in a less then 100kb .JPG (At a compression factor of 10). Both of them are high quality.

Jpg please

Sartorius
30-01-04, 15:27
General question:

What should be the size of a full-page clan advertisement?