PDA

View Full Version : MB Security

Dissenter
15-01-04, 12:52
Today I logged in to find, yet again, some CM hostiles wondering around MB and the surrounding area trying to PK.

This is when I noticed 2 really Stupid things about the secutiry in MB.

1. The Guards - They don't do Squat, if you wondered into PP2 as a CM and tryed PvP ing there, you'd get pretty much raped due to their power, and also their activeness.

The Guards at MB simply just stand there, and only ever attack if provoked from what I saw today.

2. Hostiles using MB appts - Sure, raids are fine, but I find it cowardly how 2 tanks vs 2 PEs find it necesary to Zone away from us and into someones appt. This imo makes things like this the height of tedium, waiting for the 'hardcore pkers' to come out of their holes for 30 seconds, get shot, and then go back in.

This really does not happen much elsewhere, due to the recent security upgrades. TH is very safe, The City is safe, PP is safe, TG is safe. MB is not.

The main reasons these problems have become more visible latley is due to these hostile factions using the GR at Battle Dome, to come and pick off helpless low level runners leveling at the bunker.

Would it not make more sense for MB guards to be KoS to hostile INSIDE the mb?

Would it not make more sense for TG and BD to have a Very hard time getting inside MB?

Would it not make more sense for CM guards to be placed at the BattleDome, and/or the GR be CM friendlys only?

LTA
15-01-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Dissenter

1. The Guards - They don't do Squat, if you wondered into PP2 as a CM and tryed PvP ing there, you'd get pretty much raped due to their power, and also their activeness.

The Guards at MB simply just stand there, and only ever attack if provoked from what I saw today.

They do?

I gr'd in and was dead before i could say shit.... they always come after my bd chars furiously...

But yeah i thjink all guards should insta kos enemies on sight... afterall players insta kos there enemies :D

Stigmata
15-01-04, 13:02
quite amusing how you never had a problem with this until now, being that you have just joined CM.

the battledome GR should not be camped by CM guards.

the CM guards at MB should be more aggresive but i think that would solve all problems with MB.

No need to have extra guards dotted around the place

Dissenter
15-01-04, 13:06
Originally posted by stigmata
quite amusing how you never had a problem with this until now, being that you have just joined CM.

the battledome GR should not be camped by CM guards.

the CM guards at MB should be more aggresive but i think that would solve all problems with MB.

No need to have extra guards dotted around the place

I didn't suggest they camp the GR, Either have some around there, or Make the GR CM freindly/neutrals only as a compromise.

There aren't any GRs like that around TG, except maybe CRP which is OP controlled. And hs TG guards around the zone.

No more guards are needed at MB, they don't even need to be more powerful coming to think of it, but they should KoS any hostile Inside the base.

viscious666
15-01-04, 13:08
the pvp aspect of the MB makes the MB wat it is. the gaurds do there jobs.. i logged into the main gr on my ppu monk and got shot at. i say keep things as they are cause hte pvp games there kick ASS:D

shout out to the nib CMs on saturn from ur buddy vic

ezza
15-01-04, 13:23
when i was a merc one thing that kept be being a merc for as long as i was there was the fighting inside the base, i loved it what made being a merc fun.

its bad enough that they made all the guards super powered

oh and you can PvPin PP2 as i fough a CM and a FA in there when they tried wandering though and the guards didnt exactly rush to my aid:rolleyes:

i agree the apartment owning of the enemy is lame but i know a number of mercs who owned TG apartment prior to the guard over powering and they would try to raid TG often.

the battle dome aint CM property as far as i can see so i dont see why guards should be there, its ment to be a place for people to go to duel, not a city merc leveling zone

Archeus
15-01-04, 13:26
Heh the PK'ers have just moved from TH to MB instead. Seriously. I GR into MB there is a 90% chance there is a CS/TT/TG waiting to gank someone.

They should make the guards in the GR room and adjoining room kill anyone who draws a gun (exception being CM's unless red SL). Rest of MB leave the same.

Also put one guard at the zone exit from MB on the inside to stop people zone camping at that spot.

Rith
15-01-04, 13:37
Originally posted by ezza
the battle dome aint CM property as far as i can see so i dont see why guards should be there, its ment to be a place for people to go to duel, not a city merc leveling zone

I don't mind all those extra free GR's dotted around the place - but at least balance them

Right now our enemies can GR straight into the heart of our OPs and raid them or hit MB

If KK put a GR at the desert race track that would at least be balanced

Dissenter
15-01-04, 13:38
I don't mind all those extra free GR's dotted around the place - but at least balance them

Yes that would be abit better.

ezza
15-01-04, 13:42
Originally posted by Rith

Right now our enemies can GR straight into the heart of our OPs and raid them or hit MB

If KK put a GR at the desert race track that would at least be balanced i agree they should have one at the race track

Vincent Starck
15-01-04, 14:04
The topic can be closed.

We had the same discussion in the City Merc Forum (http://cm.adrenalin.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=348).

There will be changes to MB security, soon. Just wait and see.

ezza
15-01-04, 14:20
hope you aint gonna carebear the MB vincent

DigestiveBiscui
15-01-04, 15:21
Originally posted by ezza
hope you aint gonna carebear the MB vincent

like u carebear PP2?

ezza
15-01-04, 15:23
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
like u carebear PP2? biccy i dont want any guards there or anywhere

Archeus
15-01-04, 15:36
Not sure why you want the thread closed, didn't even know the CM board existed up until now. At least people here can discuss.

The reason I think the guards should be shoot to kill at the GR with weapons out is due to the camping. I don't mind the fight but GR'ing into serious firepower is a bit annoying. At least if that spot alone was souped up we could shake off the SI and then fight.

-=Bl@de=-
15-01-04, 15:42
people attack mb its part of the game why cant u CM ever defend it. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

DigestiveBiscui
15-01-04, 15:45
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

nevermind eh

Dissenter
15-01-04, 18:01
We do defend it, its kinda hard to when the pussies keep stealthing or using an appt lift.

Also, seeing as the Raid was in the morning about about 10am GMT, you really expect many people to be on to 'defend'?

I was only on beacuse I had an exam today.

VetteroX
16-01-04, 11:37
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] faction guards have 1/2 ruined this game and you want moe of them and want them tougher? I raid mb every dau and im sick of city mercs running like cowards to the guards. Why dont you get ri of pkers yourself instead of asking for a boost in guard power. Oh no, I can run past the guards without being shot, but if i saty for more then 2 seconds trying to kill some pussy cowering by the guards I get owned... and trust me the do INSANE damage. Why dont you try the non pussy end of the stick and try raiding mb, TH or TG and see how much of a pain the guards really are? [ edited ]

And dont talk about attackers stealthing, CM pes stealth the moment I SEE them, forget shoot them, its really quite pathetic.

Nightbrother
16-01-04, 11:49
The old clan HATE scared the shit out of people ingame, and also had the wits to express their views here without resorting to verbal abuse. How I miss them.

I love pk'ers, I love being scared in-game. It's the verbal abuse here on the forum I utterly resent.

DigestiveBiscui
16-01-04, 11:51
yea, back in the day HATE were feard pkers

[ edited - trolling ]

VetteroX
16-01-04, 11:55
[ edited - trolling ]

DigestiveBiscui
16-01-04, 11:58
[ edited - trolling ]

ezza
16-01-04, 12:01
shame i aint merc anymore it was pkers that made my merc time fun, i found it more fun fighting the pkers at the base than the op wars.

committed to the BD cause now so no change of faction for me

VetteroX
16-01-04, 12:15
Eh, replyed before mod edited, sorry ok edited myself...

On topic, MB absolutely does not need more guards... seriously... get a ppu to res you and shoot one of your own guards... see how long you live, then post. the guards give you about 4 seconds, 1...2....3.....4 then your toast.

Nidhogg
16-01-04, 12:17
That's enough! Save it for the game.

N

Stigmata
16-01-04, 12:19
back in the day when hate existed, they were not feared becuase of there exceptional skills.

starkes used the libby that was so over powered and the burst bonus killed most people in 1 clip

style, helmut and the other guys all had their rares and their was no mercs to defend it.

the only thing i think was good about hate was the fact they did not stealth....it was not ingame

but that did not stop them, like it stops most people who go to pk.

95% or people who play pe's on saturn play them simply becuase its the easiest char to pk on and get away with your "get out of jail free stealth tool"

ezza
16-01-04, 12:22
har har i head down there with my tank :)

VetteroX
16-01-04, 12:26
Well, hates ONLY strong point was they leveled fast and got rares fast... I found ALL old pkeres sucked at pvp... The various Wolfs Fatal insidious etc used to pk me all the time in beta (im glad for it... made me wanna become strong... never even considered putting my LE in... ) and i remeber I duled em in retial with my pistol pe (with judge, not lib) and it was just total ownage... i mean like wasnt even a fight. They had no resits... all they were is high levels with rares. I dueled starkes a while back and I laughed in rl... Im not exagerating... He had no resits... and I mean none.... im guessing he had lotta body health and ath, and stamina, battle armor 3 and thats it... phos lib dropped him in like 8 bursts.

Nightbrother
16-01-04, 12:27
What HATE stood for was 'pk'ing everytime'. There was no talking to any of them (not for me or any of the other people I knew, anyway), so if you saw one of them (or more), you knew you'd have to make a run for it, or fight back. I mostly did the latter, even against 2 or more, cause I so wanted to get them back for all the times they did me in. Their singlemindedness was what scared me.

Stigmata
16-01-04, 12:33
due to the way the game is now with the terrible SL system it is not possible to PK like hate did, they could kill anyone becuase they gained SL for killing anyone with lower SL than themselves.

on MB haven't been on a raid against it since i was TG like 2 or 3 months ago, but when i pk the TT that are there the CM usually come out and tell me to stop, or TT themselves turn up to stop me.

GG Vet

VetteroX
16-01-04, 12:33
As a lot of people pointed out hate couldnt do what they did back then now... they had one big skill... leveling fast. Thats it. Most people troom forever to level. I mean I for example was AMAZED at myself that at many points I was highest level on pluto... I wasnt even trying for that... and i was still pretty much a newb back then, so if i was in the top 5 in leveling when I didnt even know how to level back then, most people were REALLY slow.

Also back then, you didnt drop 5 items for dieing with red sl. There was also little organised resitance... and they had a team, resistance often did not... its like the exact opposite now, my raids are me alone or me and nish vs a group, there raids were a group vs a bunch of newbs and maybe 1, maybe 2 people as high level as they were were in the arera to fight them.

Dissenter
16-01-04, 12:36
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - offtopic spam ]

rubaduckythug
16-01-04, 12:42
haha that was me and jutul raining havok on them ^^, btw the guards were attacking us if you really thought you could actually do that much dmg to us lmao. also there wasnt jsut 2 pe's. try 2 pe's one which kept stealthing like a bitch, a tank, spy, and who ever else was trying to help you guys. btw faction guards should be taken out, arghh they ruin all the fun

Edit: plz take guards out with next patch:D :p :lol: :cool:

Dissenter
16-01-04, 12:45
when you guys turned up, it was me and rith, vs you and Big dumb tank, or however the name goes.

Plus I notices you mustve had a PPU somewhere, and another thing, when you kept zoning to the appt you appeared behind us less than a minute later, so how would you have enough time for SI to go if you GRed to MB?

ezza
im down with all faction guards being removed, if the factions cant defend, then its there prob.

Nidhogg
Dissenter, I apologise! :D I didn't realise it was your thread. Closed at thread starter's request (and rapsheet entry deleted ;) )

N