PDA

View Full Version : Player NPC traders

Original monk
15-01-04, 10:44
I asked more info about the player npc traders a while ago ... and didnt get it because its all still a big secret, but they where going to post the dOy notes this month so .... we gotta be patient ..

But i cant be patient lol, im craving for info about them npctraders .. i yust cant stop thinking about em ya see.

Wouldnt it be cool if we got those npc traders a bit earlier (hint, hint) like in one of the next patches before dOy comes out :angel:

Or atleast a littlebit info so i can go prepare for my supermarket :)

Im sorry to polute this forum again with my annoying questions, the flesh is weak ... (dont quote me on that)

Soo: anyone knows if we can name the npc's, like: original's chip vendor or sumthing ?? and how much items can they hold ?? and can we have multiple npc's ?
and they told us sumthing about a mall, but can we also put em (npc's) in our little own store thats open to the public when we give people the appartmentpass ?

I must honestly say that normally im very patient, certainly concerning to dOy cause i know it can all take a while ... but those npc traders ... that would yust be a dream if they implement em in neocron ... + ya better up the cashcap then :P

enjoy playing the game :)

Psyco Groupie
15-01-04, 10:47
err ... its not hard to grasp :

you give the item to a trader, he can sell it while your on/offline you get the cash .. simple ..

:angel:

*edit ... its not likely to be your very own little trader ... for obvious reasons

Archeus
15-01-04, 11:30
You buy the items and then resell them for a marked up price. Then when they go to restock see the new prices they mark up too..

Before you know it I will have the whole NPC trader system so expensive to use that people will stick to person to person barter instead.

Original monk
15-01-04, 12:19
yeah cocaine, i understand how the system works, like in SWG -> but i want details :)

and archeus youre right ... but then the people selling there stuff for honest or always the same prices will get the most customers .. :)

i would use it to hunt parts ... ress em ... then sell em by the traders 1 at a piece for a preset amount depending on what part it is ...

GT_Rince
15-01-04, 12:21
What I wanna know is, will Barter affect the player run NPC's? If I set an MC5 part at a cost of 2mil NC, then I wouldn't want some barter to come along and pay, say, 1 mil. There will NEED to be some work around for this.

SynC_187
15-01-04, 12:35
If we get Player NPC Traders, can we have Player NPC Prostitutes. Then you can be a proper pimp and set you own prices for different services etc.

Benjie
15-01-04, 18:54
Origionally, there was going to be a MALL sector in Neocron. Here is the concept art.
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=conceptart&id=concybermall

I doubt Barter will work.
I doubt the cost will be increased, it will be down to the player
Cost may be decreased because items will suddenly become very available, no more paying loads to get it quickly...
Archeus wtf? You don't buy items and then sell them at a marked up price, constructors make the items and then sell via the vendor them at the price they would if they where shouting "WTS ***" in plaza 1.
I imagine the system to be like Ultima Onlines player vendor system.

Original monk
15-01-04, 19:10
thanx benjie: daamn that piece of art looks so good :P i can imagine it allready :P

i also doubt that barter would influence the npc's, would be a bit unfair :P otherwise yust everyone biught with he's/her barter and the sellers would implement that diffrence in there prices :)

i really cant wait till those vendors are in :P

Archeus
15-01-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Benjie
Archeus wtf? You don't buy items and then sell them at a marked up price, constructors make the items and then sell via the vendor them at the price they would if they where shouting "WTS ***" in plaza 1.

Why not? everyone has to make money somehow.

and archeus youre right ... but then the people selling there stuff for honest or always the same prices will get the most customers ..

Because you will be buying up thier stuff and selling it on a bigger price. :)

What I wanna know is, will Barter affect the player run NPC's?

You know that is an excellent idea. Have barter effect how you buy/sell. So if your items are placed by a barter they offset the effect of a barter trying to buy.

retr0n
15-01-04, 23:58
Ok this is what happends if barter affects the price

Guy X and Girl Y stand besides the NPC
Guy X wants to sell his empty datacube for 1 million NC
Girl Y is barter and buys it for 500k while Guy X still gets his million
Guy X gives 1 million to Girl Y and Girl Y returns the item
Guy X posts his datacube again but now for 2 million
Girl Y buys it for 1 million but Guy X now receives 2 mill
etc etc etc

= exploiting, doubt it will be implemented

//Radium

Archeus
16-01-04, 01:47
Originally posted by retr0n
Ok this is what happends if barter affects the price

Guy X and Girl Y stand besides the NPC
Guy X wants to sell his empty datacube for 1 million NC
Girl Y is barter and buys it for 500k while Guy X still gets his million
Guy X gives 1 million to Girl Y and Girl Y returns the item
Guy X posts his datacube again but now for 2 million
Girl Y buys it for 1 million but Guy X now receives 2 mill
etc etc etc

= exploiting, doubt it will be implemented

//Radium

it would be more...

Girl Y buys at 500k while Guy X gets 500k

If both had equal barter then Guy X would get 100% of what they quoted. It would mean Barters would become viable as people would use them to buy for them, and Barter traders would be in more demand to ensure that the seller got as much as they quoted.

sanityislost
16-01-04, 02:53
NPC TRADER + MY APU = DEAD TRADER WITH HACKED BELT

oh yea MJS plz make em drop belts lolol

Marx
16-01-04, 03:01
Originally posted by Marx
I don't think it should.

If you want to get a weapon or item cheaper, you should try to convince the person behind the seller as opposed to relying on a stat skill.

The only reason barter exists is because you can't haggle with NPC's... You can haggle with players, and therefore the owners of certain NPC's.

Originally posted by Marx

But if you haggle the owner of the NPC then you dont NEED the npc vendor

In my eyes, the NPC vendor is going to be an easier and quicker way of displaying goods for sale. Instead of spamming trade you just pop it on a trader and someone will come and buy it eventually as opposed to spending days spamming trying to rid yourself of something.

If barter factored in, there'd definately be people purchasing items off the vendors for much cheaper, then selling it to others (perhaps even on their own vendors) for the original purchase price if not a bit higher.

While there is nothing wrong with that, it is very annoying.

And as these are just npc's the barter skill should influence them like it influences the normal shopkeepers

But the money made by normal NPC shopkeepers simply fades away into the void while the money made by the upcoming shopkeepers would go to a player.

Hence if you want deals, haggle with the player behind the NPC.

Ryuben
16-01-04, 03:14
Originally posted by sanityislost
NPC TRADER + MY APU = DEAD TRADER WITH HACKED BELT

oh yea MJS plz make em drop belts lolol
a vet wannabe ??

:rolleyes:

lol seriously how pissed would u be if u spent the last ...1 hour setting up ur NPC and some F**k came along and killed him and then hacked all ur 1337 shiz

rofl would be priceless

:wtf: or maybe not

Rento Webex
16-01-04, 03:17
Originally posted by Ryuben
a vet wannabe ??

:rolleyes:

lol seriously how pissed would u be if u spent the last ...1 hour setting up ur NPC and some F**k came along and killed him and then hacked all ur 1337 shiz

rofl would be priceless

:wtf: or maybe not

If that was actually implemented that would make me cry in laughter but as we know that wont happen kk are far to clever for that.

Roll on player shops :D

Zanathos
16-01-04, 03:19
Sure we can sell these items.....

but can we trade for items as well? :eek:

DonnyJepp
16-01-04, 03:28
I sure hope I can use them to get rid of some Electric Tempest and Obliterator parts.