PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the outpost fights for a long time

YoDa-UK
15-01-04, 10:24
Just thought for those who know me, my reasons for not being around on pluto anymore, some by now know I've moved back to Saturn, there are several reasons for this move.

First off, being a leader of a clan is not an easy thing, but the game right now limits what you can do when capped out, even having 3 accounts on pluto means nothing to my fun anymore, logging in each day for me was nasty, it was DM after DM from people moaning about my clan, what we did or would do, mostly from enemy clans, just sick of it tbh. I did try and make our part in the game better, got some deals with enemy clans to make the fights better, some didn't know why I did this, tbh it was to make the fights more fun, it worked for a short while, then people started moaning about this or that again "to many moaners in the game"

Anyway, other reasons are Pluto I feel now is dead, its only just the few big clans now, its a dying server, most of the good people have already left it, or are planning too, and some are hoping DOY will save it, I doubt it unless it comes out this or next month and is revolutional to the game structure. I'm just finally sick of all the crap that comes with taking and holding outposts, so I have given it the nudge and moved on.

You know what, I'm having the most fun i've had in this game in the past 6 months doing what I'm doing on Saturn, a few know my names of chars on there but I won't shout them out as i like to remain quiet about it, there are no strings attached to me name, I can be a bad guy if I like to :D

Anyway to those who i have played with and against on Pluto, for the most part its been fun, and for those who left the game coz it was to boring, can't blame you all but I miss ya and the good times we shared.

Onwards to Saturn, where the population is stronger, more people to hunt down and just general fun and laughs with some friends on there.

Good luck Pluto, my old home.

solling
15-01-04, 10:30
"to many moaners in the game"

Agreed :( i know my clan have their part of moaners and lamers as does every clan but for what its worth it was a pleasure

bounty
15-01-04, 10:33
Good luck, i did the exact same thing for a while and it was definitely refreshing.

Maybe it will be a permanent change, but for myself personally, I prefered pluto a lot better and went back and won't ever go back to playing on saturn.

deac
15-01-04, 11:43
wo0t nda folds :angel:

this just goes to show thats its very hard to try and make deals/rules...

GT_Rince
15-01-04, 12:11
It's strange... I left Pluto to go play on Saturn for a month or two. I got bored of the economy, lag and a few other things on there and came back to Pluto a week or so ago. Now I remember why I stayed for so long. So many friends, no screwey economy, and if someone has 3 accounts, they have 3 characters - not 12 :D

[TgR]KILLER
15-01-04, 13:38
don't let the..

we'r still on pluto won't move for gold.. and its to much fun kicking ass in PP vs nda :P

t0tt3
15-01-04, 14:01
Dont know why to cry on DM when you loose a battle or pk when running in the wasteland "dont like it stay in NC"

U can get ganked its cyberpunk... Last time I saw 2 tanks with speedguns on me ouch for a singel APU :D Still I had it comming was killing his clanmembers in that zone ;)

Instead of bitching on DM just say CLAN> backup plz keeeeeel :lol:

Then most of your friends in the clan would or should at least help you, thnx Lore for finding him in gab :D

Now ok its not fun to get HL:ed from 2 APU:s either but hey payback are soo nice :lol:

Shadow Dancer
15-01-04, 14:05
Anima why not take a break from leadership instead?

Or just reroll a new char and tell no one?

.Cyl0n
15-01-04, 15:46
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
Anyway, other reasons are Pluto I feel now is dead, its only just the few big clans now, its a dying server, most of the good people have already left it, or are planning too, and some are hoping DOY will save it, I doubt it unless it comes out this or next month and is revolutional to the game structure. I'm just finally sick of all the crap that comes with taking and holding outposts, so I have given it the nudge and moved on.

i totally understand you..we feel the same way... =(

and yeah pluto is dying.. i'm looking forward to one clan holdin all ops cause all clans quit fighting against all the bs in op fights..

oh well... GL man.. maybe imma visit you :)

.cy

Carinth
15-01-04, 20:53
It's my opinion that leadership of a clan should not be expected of one person for any long period of time. It wears you down and makes the game more of a chore then fun. I hit that point a few months ago, when I sat down at the computer my first thought is that I had better logon to NC to make sure my clan is doing alright. Not, I want to login NC to kill some ppl, or have fun. It wasn't until later when I gave leadership of my clan to a council of 5 ppl, that I could start having fun again. I'm still expected to act as leader sometimes, but for the most part the Council does the work. I'm much happier now.

The thing about Pluto is that everyone is guilty to some degree. We have all done not so nice things, we have all used shady tactics against an enemy. We have all ninja hacked, or killed a turret and run away. We've all relied on turrets to do our fighting. It's nothing to be ashamed of, when a tactic which improves your chances against the enemy is available, you use it. You can go on about honor and playing fair as much as you want, but out on the battlefield all of that changes. Noone can seriously claim moral high ground on Pluto. If I thought about it, I could come up with at least one example of less then ethical actions by each of the big clans, mine included of course. So when I hear people being hypocritical, it's just amusing. You have to take what people say in this context, don't take it personaly.

Oh an Pluto is not dying, nomatter how many times people say that. For the most part it's the smalled server, it has it's ups and downs. People come and go all the time, older players come back after taking a break, ppl come back from saturn after getting tired of it over there. Just as much as people quit the game or move out to saturn. The problem is that there is seriously less and less incentive for clans to be active in op wars. Between ppu's and turrets, op wars can totaly be unfun. Even more so, what's the point? Why should I care about taking an op? Sure the cash is nice, and the prestige of seeing the clan faction on the map, and our name in the op listing, and tradeskillers are happy with the bonus. None of that really matters when you will lose your op overnight. Why did we even bother to take an op and plant turrets when we'll be guarunteed to lose it by the next day. So we'll go off and take it again? Just to have it be lost again. No thanks, I'll go back to fighting in pepper park.

Jest
15-01-04, 21:05
Pluto is dying? What the hell are you people going on about the Pluto population is finally starting to grow again. Normally my night time its 50ish but lately its been 100ish. We have had tons of new players. I dunno where you are getting this dying stuff from.

Sorry to see you go Anima but tell your clan to move back to CA. :p

Strych9
15-01-04, 21:09
I used to mostly play on Pluto. Now I just play on Saturn. Dont see any signs of a screwy economy, and love the variety you get with different characters and different playstyles. Also love logging in to, for me, between 280 and 400 runners online a night.

Good to have you on Saturn. :)