PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] NeoFrag Updates & Fixes

g0rt
14-01-04, 20:35
So I was playing in Neofrag yesterday with some clanmates, having a little APU vs ALL championship was quite entertaining but also very annoying at the same time. There are ALOT of bugs/problems with Neofrag, and alot of things that could be improved upon.

Sometimes I find myself with simply NOTHING to do in this game...usually late at night, I don't feel like leveling, I don't feel like gathering techs (mc5/regular), and frankly with 90 or so people on the server it isn't viable to "raid" anything and usually pp1/crp/etc are all empty.

NeoFrag has the potential to be a place where people are ALL THE TIME. It could be a place like pp1...where you can go at any time and ther would be a match or multiple matches going on that you could join into and have some fun.

The following is a list of things 1) Fixes and 2) Updates that I believe would make Neofrag ALOT of fun, and would fill in those times when you're kinda bored and have nothing to do. Maybe instead of quitting, people would stick around to play some NeoFrag! :D Anyway, read on...if you like my ideas, please rate 5star and vote accordingly on the poll!

Bug Fixes

1) Clipping on Death: At this time when a player dies and respawns, you can see his body get up from the floor and sorta "float" to his respawn point. At this time you can fire on that player, inflict damage and sometimes KILL the player, while he is already respawned and most likely cannot even see you on the screen. Monks can exploit this ESPECIALLY bad, getting 5-6 hits on a respawned player, killing him or injuring him to the point where he will die again quickly.

2) Clipping through Elevators: This applies to the entire game really :rolleyes: but is especially annoying within Neofrag. When a player uses an elevator, his character can get "stuck" within it, making him an easy to hit, unmoving target, even though on his end he is running around.

3) "Effects" staying on when leaving Neofrag: This has been addressed before on the forum. After leaving Neofrag, if you have a certain "effect" on you...aka a heal, poison stack, fire stack, shelter, etc...it will "show up" on you outside, even though in reality you do not have it on. This can be extremely annoying if you have to run to an op fight, or something else important, and do not have time to relog from the game.

4) Long syncronizing out of Neofrag: No matter who you are, on what connection, or where in the world, you get a longer then normal syncronizing message when coming out of Neofrag. This is NOT good because people camp the Neofrag exits...I know because people I know personally do it :p . You can easily pick off people coming OUT of Neofrag while they are in this long sync. Either this sync time should be lowered, OR the player should be sent to the front of a random deck, so the killers do not know WHERE the player will spawn to.

5) Total players when entering a deck: Upon entering a deck, the amount of players xx/xx is ALWAYS bugged. Sometimes it will say 12/16 and no one will be in there. Sometime it will say 0/6 and there will be 4 people in there. Somtimes it will say 0/2 and you wont be able to join, it will be a bugged deck. All these things should be addressed and fixed. The number displayed should be correct, and if no one is in the deck, you should be able to adjust the max players as you go in as the first player.

6) Passworded decks: Theres an option for hte password right now, and honestly I doubt this even works. If it does, I sure as hell have NO idea how to get it working. EIther way, the option is there for a reason...planned duels/scirmishes that you want to play, but do not want people jumping in on it. This is especially annoying when dueling, and a noob comes in and starts blasting everyone in the middle of a duel.

Updates

1) Scoreboard: Currently, the scoreboard keeps track of the scores in "reverse". You get a "-1" for dying, and you get nothing to killing someone. Also, upon leaving Neofrag, your score stays. The scoreboard should be changed so it displays WHO IS IN THE NEOFRAG MATCH at the time, and thier KILLS, and thier deaths. A kill should be decided by who does more damage on the player. The scoreboard should be sorted by who has the most KILLS, regardless of thier deaths...even though deaths should still be shown.

2) Game Types: This is probably the biggest update I am going to ask for. Multiple game types within Neofrag. On a beggining basis, it could be something like:

a) Deathmatch
b) Team Deathmatch (you pick your color upon entering)
c) Dueling Match (only 1 person spawns at a time, winner stays in)
d) Class vs Class Deathmatch

On an advance basis, we could see games such as this added:

e) Capture the Flag - standard two teams, a flag on each side, have to grab the flag and bring it to yours and your team scores a point.
f) Jailbreak - standard two teams, one team puts other players in jail when the players die, then teh other team has to get to and open the jail cell to allow his teammates to come out

This type of idea, to change things up a bit. Could be alot of fun playing some different types of games with your regular buddies. Also, this could be ALOT of fun to play against enemies...aka set up a CTF match with an enemy clan. The player who is FIRST INTO the deck should be able to control the amount of players, game type, etc.

3) Health/Stam/Mana pool upon spawning: I think upon respawning after death, your HEALTH, STAMINA and MANA pools should be full. Its annoying when a full HP player finishes you off, and you respawn half hp....aka again you have HALF the chance to beat this player.

4) Buffs upon spawning: I think upon respawning after death, buffs should still be on. They should stay on for thier duration, regardless of how many times you die. This would even the playing field for PEs and SPIEs in neofrag...because lets face it, these two classes require thier buffs to stand up against tanks and APUs. Its unfair that they have to try to buff up EVERY TIME after dying, whereas tanks and apu's need not worry about buffing.

5) Neofrag Entrances: In a RP sense, its cool that Neofrag is located solely within pepper park. But in reality, its annoying and inconvenient for most to get to. I think there should either be Neofrag decks all over the place, like any other shop, or there should be entrance to decks on CityCom, as its been suggested before. Also, all neofrag entrances should be LINKED. Forget Neofrag 2, its used about as much as my old pog collection nuff said. One Neofrag, about 10 decks, and entrances to these decks that are WIDELY available...aka no matter if you're entering neofrag from TH, or from VIA3, or from PP2, or from CityCom, etc... you're always entering the SAME decks...a player enters deck 2 from via3, and a player enters deck 2 from MB..they're both in the same game.

Im sure theres more bugs/other additions that could be added to this, these are just my thaughts on what would make Neofrag GREAT, and would keep me interested around the clock.

Thanks for reading ;)

-=Bl@de=-
14-01-04, 20:52
Neofrag is serious fun, some members of cartel were there just last night and i can honestly say thats been the most fun ive had in a long time. But sadly it drew to an end pretty quick beacuse of the bugs, we were playing monks take all other classes and i can say every non-monk got pwned beacuse of these filthy bugs.
A lot of work is needed but if KK can correct these problems NF will be very popular and very fun.

ezza
14-01-04, 21:02
anything that makes it more stable to play in would be cool by me.

whats the biggest pain is the fact that many of the problems with neofrag have been around for long time.

oh how about a antimonk toggle on the games as well;)

Dissenter
14-01-04, 21:20
Agreed. NF could and should be used alot more.

Jest
14-01-04, 21:58
NF could definitely use some changes. At the very least fixing scoring would be nice.

KimmyG
14-01-04, 22:31
Yea im down I hate the scoring system neg whatever for score thats lame.

shodanjr_gr
14-01-04, 22:44
Im robing this idea from some other thread.

Make Neofrag accessible from hometerms

cRazy2003
14-01-04, 22:48
lol it'll be a multiplayer fps in a mmorpg :p

Spectra260
14-01-04, 23:01
i made a post about this awhile ago, but i didnt go into the dpeth you did...

the biggest thing i hate about neofrag is when you die and respawn your only at half health...VERY ANNOYING

why not just make you have full health again?

t0tt3
14-01-04, 23:56
Why cant it just be plain ground with some boxes does it allways need stairs and shit that just make the NF crap...

I want some wasteland look in ONE!!! at least NF. So it can be playble for a APU to :p

g0rt
15-01-04, 03:10
Originally posted by t0tt3
Why cant it just be plain ground with some boxes does it allways need stairs and shit that just make the NF crap...

I want some wasteland look in ONE!!! at least NF. So it can be playble for a APU to :p

another good idea

Rade
15-01-04, 03:30
The most important bug IMO to fix is the moving slow bug.

Fawkes
15-01-04, 10:27
All great ideas, 5 stars. Too bad it has so few replies and views though... let's hope KK will notice. v_v

Shadow Dancer
15-01-04, 14:35
Originally posted by Rade
The most important bug IMO to fix is the moving slow bug.

I think there's also a fast moving bug.

It's just sometimes i fight rifles pes and tanks along with pistol pes and apus and they all seem to be moving at the same exact super steroid speed.

The other day I fought EE in neofrag, and he seemed to be moving unusually faster. Very much like a pistol PE on crack.

o_O

Rade
15-01-04, 14:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Wouldnt surprise me. Sometimes I meet CS tanks in NF that have
the usual CS-out speed, but sometimes theyre just legging it like
they have lucifer and the whore of babylon on their tail. I always
thought they were just overspeccing agl and atl like madmen but
from my own testing Ive found that there is no way to get that
result merely from high atl/agl. I tried a 130/130 setup on TS and
it still didnt move alot faster than a 80/80 setup.

ezza
15-01-04, 14:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

i recon there is, was fighting a tank last night and it seemed like he had his gun out but was able to run fast, dunno, probebrly gonna spend most of my gaming time i neofrag next few days getting my aim back so soon find out if i see more tanks running like lightning with aCS out

Cruzbroker
15-01-04, 15:48
YES YES to all!

Few things:
Like ezza said, make class restrictions on password decks (checkbox for pe/spy/tank/monk)

Do the armors REALLY broke in there? You get the stuff (drugs etc.) back when you "log out" from NF. How about you get the stuff back when you die and respawn.

g0rt
15-01-04, 19:32
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
YES YES to all!

Few things:
Like ezza said, make class restrictions on password decks (checkbox for pe/spy/tank/monk)

Do the armors REALLY broke in there? You get the stuff (drugs etc.) back when you "log out" from NF. How about you get the stuff back when you die and respawn.

Another good idea.

NeoFrag has SO MUCH POTENTIAL to be a *REASON* to log in and play Neocron...KK you should really consider updating it so it can be one!

Jest
15-01-04, 20:03
Originally posted by g0rt
Another good idea.

NeoFrag has SO MUCH POTENTIAL to be a *REASON* to log in and play Neocron...KK you should really consider updating it so it can be one! NF really does have a lot of potential. I still think we should be able to choose any map in the game for play with Neofrag. Fragging in a virtual Tech Haven, a virtual Chaos Caves, would be fun.

Although Id still like more combat outside of NF in the 'real world.' As the illustrious Twitch once put it, "Neofrag is for pussies." :p

ezza
15-01-04, 21:13
Originally posted by Jest
NF really does have a lot of potential. I still think we should be able to choose any map in the game for play with Neofrag. Fragging in a virtual Tech Haven, a virtual Chaos Caves, would be fun.

Although Id still like more combat outside of NF in the 'real world.' As the illustrious Twitch once put it, "Neofrag is for pussies." :p that would be cool, id be able to invite FA to the neofrag techhaven and pkem like in the old days:lol:

wHite ponY
15-01-04, 21:19
hmmm...since retail start one has to relog after every death when using 3+ drugs
u cant hit mouse 2 to respawn...
this bug was reportet about 1 year ago and still isn't fixxed....:rolleyes:

Marx
15-01-04, 22:10
You ever notice that LE'd people can't fight in NeoFrag... When in reality it makes alot of sense for them to be able to?

Since it's nothing more than a game an' all.

Jest
15-01-04, 22:11
Originally posted by Marx
You ever notice that LE'd people can't fight in NeoFrag... When in reality it makes alot of sense for them to be able to?

Since it's nothing more than a game an' all. Eh I thought they could. Well at least they could at one point . Things seem to change back and forth in Neofrag. Sort of like the scoring.

Marx
15-01-04, 22:13
Eh I thought they could. Well at least they could at one point . Things seem to change back and forth in Neofrag. Sort of like the scoring.

Tried yesterday, couldn't.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If I take out my LE the PKARz will come after me!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

40$Poser
15-01-04, 22:42
well put, it's so true and such an underused item in the game.

g0rt
16-01-04, 04:33
NF really does have a lot of potential. I still think we should be able to choose any map in the game for play with Neofrag. Fragging in a virtual Tech Haven, a virtual Chaos Caves, would be fun.

Although Id still like more combat outside of NF in the 'real world.' As the illustrious Twitch once put it, "Neofrag is for pussies." :p

Twitch also players this game, what, maybe a few hours a week tops?

For those who play this on a daily basis, NeoFrag could be a good place to have some fun when client counts are low.

Jest
16-01-04, 05:42
Yah late night West Coast time when server count is low I pretty much live in Neofrag.

Pwnage
16-01-04, 06:03
Awesome ideas... only problem I see is the more hardcore problems like clipping and what not. The whole damn game needs a revamp for those.

g0rt
16-01-04, 06:17
Originally posted by Pwnage
Awesome ideas... only problem I see is the more hardcore problems like clipping and what not. The whole damn game needs a revamp for those.

Seems to be even worse INSIDE neofrag then it is outside...for whatever reason.

VetteroX
16-01-04, 08:54
I agree NF needs a lof of fixing. Also, we need a good dueling deck. there curently is not one. Just a big, flat floor. No objects, no elevators, no rings in the ground. Just a big, flat open floor... would be perfect for striat out dueling.

amfest
16-01-04, 09:25
screw big flat open floor with nothing else .. we need a roman Coliseum map .. and fight nights can be held there ;) . .. although it woudl also be nice if the fight area was enclosed in glass .. and whoever enters the map first .. can setup with some dialog boxes who duels .. . and they will be transported into the arena to fight while everyone else can watch . . would also be nice with an option to throw mobs into the fight area :p . .

But yea ..in neofrag ..when you die it shouldn't be like you die outside .. you should respawn ready to go again .. .. also weapon and armor condition shouldnt' drop at all (sucked when I was in NF for a long time and all my armor broke :D ) . .
Pure FPS toggle .. where everyone runs the same ... resists mean nothing .. and you have to pick a weapon when you enter to use that is balanced for FPS gameplay (can change for next respawn) heh .. this one won't happen :P
something worked out so droners can use NF somehow .. what could help at least is if you hold a drone out at the weapons reload thing . it pops maybe 2 more drones into your INV so you can contiune at least ... Or .. just for NF .. you really become the drone when you launch .. and it gets your actual health and resists . .when you run out of energy . which is increased .. you have to refill at the weapons reload thing .. .
Monks should be able to at least get some psi boosters from reload . ..maybe not 3s but at least 2s :P
I also have problems exiting NF ... neocron logs me out or just closes on exit .. very annoying.
I agree with more real neocron settings ... like a village area with lots of buildings to hide in ... and area to run outside ...
Fix that one NF map i forget which one it's .. a tall building .. some of the map looks kinda wild. . like unfinished data constrction and it has the green grid lines . . but you can fall off that building all the way to the bottom and you're stuck there .. lol. Back in the old days where you could die when you fall a long ways would of worked but now you don't die from that fall and you're just running around wayyyyyy down below .. kind of annoying since you have to kill self to respawn back up

L3m0n
16-01-04, 09:31
neofrag could so easy own, only needs a little fixin (he says) :lol:

g0rt
16-01-04, 10:12
Originally posted by L3m0n
neofrag could so easy own, only needs a little fixin (he says) :lol:

Who said that!??!?!

Did i say that? :p

@VetteroX - yeap, a dueling arena would be great...an EMPTY DUELING ARENA, where both players can achieve good FPS, regardless of who has the faster rig....and with no poles or other crap to run behind. would be great.

VetteroX
16-01-04, 11:49
yup exactly, some people are so annoying.. "oh it has to look cool and have flash crap around" um... no. we can have 1 deck with almost no tecture, just a huge grey floor and grey walls... everyone gets good fps, and people who care about 1vs1 dueling can go there. people who want ffa or a pretty background can go to the other decks...

Animated
16-01-04, 12:34
You ever notice that LE'd people can't fight in NeoFrag

You can, you just have to find the right deck. In NF 2 (the one in PP1) the deck with the brown castle works. I've tried most of the others, and they don't work afaik. Hope that helps :)

amfest
16-01-04, 12:39
actually I've had it where I couldnt' attack .. till I was killed first ..then I could attack others ... I've talked to some people and sometimes it takes you being killed a few times before you can attack . .. I wonder if /set kill_self 1 works also ... hmm

Blunt
16-01-04, 12:48
Please fix NF before releasing DoY
and especially make sure LE's can fight in there

g0rt
17-01-04, 06:22
Originally posted by Blunt
Please fix NF before releasing DoY
and especially make sure LE's can fight in there

Or even WITH doy would be good :angel:

Shadow Dancer
17-01-04, 06:26