PDA

View Full Version : Quote from callash about drone pa & y there should be drone pa

Dont Mess
14-01-04, 18:44
Originally posted by Callash
I am still debating with the coders over the feature I have in mind (which I won't reveal until I can guarantee that it is coming :angel: ). I can repeat what I said. If it works, it will have been worth the wait. It will not be a droner PA though. If a droner gets found, he is dead, PA or not. Those little boni won't make a droners day either. Droners need two things: a ton of bugfixes and... well, that special feature :p I wrote both up and gave it to the coders, I will go on their nerves, but that's about all I can do. Don't give up hope yet :o

To all u people that think drone pa is useless disagree and think its stupid but i dont for a few reasons.
1) there arnt many droners and the 1s there are are tradeskillers
2)having drone pa will free up points for tradeskiller like csters and reppers of a char like mine which does both and drones
3)saying that little bonus wont help is stupid if it helps other classes how do u come 2 the conclusion that it dosnt even if its an extra 10 points its gonna do summin seen as drones are a bitch 2 cap if u tradeskill
4)drones need some loving every other class has pa and bonuses, couldnt u say the same about rifle spies there not made for close up with their sniper rifles but they still get pa (u prob think im stupid saying o rifle spies dont need pa well i think the exact thing about u people that say droners dont need pa)
5) drones are made at a stupid cap like 80 or 79 like the punisher the tls are 2 high and we have 3 rare drones 1 which is useless for leveling (revenge) which makes them harder 2 cap so i think the 'little boni' will make a droners day seen as yr not fixing the bugs rite now

Ryuben
14-01-04, 19:09
u mean drones will get some loveing :o nope NEVA they deserve to suck cos...it takes 20 mins to build a few drons and cost a arm and a leg, also they are over powered its not like 3 Holy para shots kills a PN a TL 116 drone nooooooooo never:rolleyes:

Zanathos
14-01-04, 19:14
/set sarcasm_detector on

Warning! Detecting Sarcasm!

/me Thanks the sarcasm detector

/set sarcasm_detector off

/me Curses at the sarcasm detector and smacks it

/me Blows sarcasm detector into a million pieces

DETECT THAT!

EDIT : Me say silly things with 2 and a half hour sleep and a sugar filled extra large coffee in my belly.

hose187
15-01-04, 06:19
Droner PA would be useless. Droners have more than enough bonuses from implants. And any droner that thinks they actually need armor, well....

The problems with drones have been listed over and over again. More points in remote control and willpower will not make drones good. So what if you can't cap damage on a punisher. 178% of fuck-all is still fuck-all.

Cytaur
15-01-04, 06:32
WTF, I can understand Tank power armor, like all hydraulic support stuff for heavy weapons. Now spy PA ? PE PA ? MONK PA ? And now you want a fucking Droner PA ? WTF ?!?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DEATH TO TANK WANNABES

Bl1nd
15-01-04, 07:58
WTF, I can understand Tank power armor, like all hydraulic support stuff for heavy weapons. Now spy PA ? PE PA ? MONK PA ? And now you want a fucking Droner PA ? WTF ?!?!?!?!

what is this n00b talking about? :wtf:

i think droners need a PA like somebody said if rifle spies have PA why we cant have one rifle spies are supposed to snipe without being seen and if they get in close combat they will get owned like droner

and most of the ppl that talk about droners dont even have a fucking one so stop friggin making conclusions if u dont have a droner

Birkoff
15-01-04, 08:21
A PA that would make them look like they are stealthed when they have a droneactive would be a kewl idea :)

I'm totally not on this planet atm

Cytaur
15-01-04, 09:10
Originally posted by Bl1nd
what is this n00b talking about? :wtf:

i think droners need a PA like somebody said if rifle spies have PA why we cant have one rifle spies are supposed to snipe without being seen and if they get in close combat they will get owned like droner

and most of the ppl that talk about droners dont even have a fucking one so stop friggin making conclusions if u dont have a droner

Exactly, it all begun from hey why tanks have PA and we don't ? Now every class has a PA when they dont fucking need it, now droners want to jump onto bandwagon with "hey everybody else has PA, why not us?". Who's next going to have PA ? Droms ?

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 13:28
Originally posted by Cytaur
I am an ass

its the term PA that does it im sure...

spy PA is an advanced anti-radiation suit.

you must forget the term PA, and think of it as visual armour. all classes wanted this.

it doesnt make sence that a tank wearing a metal suit does more damage with a cannon... so why try and justify spy / PE / monk PA?

deal with it... you sound like a tank with the "I'm a tank... i should be able to kill anything... I'm bred for fighting" line of thinking

Clownst0pper
15-01-04, 13:59
Theres a large drone thread already.

Dont start another, we are all aware.

This is just a spam thread imho. :o

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 14:08
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
close...

This is just a spam FORUM imho. :o

thats more correct :D

anyway... on topic...

Callash said that due to the fact that all classes have 2 PA's, spies could not have 3. there was a poll as to which 2 classes should have it, pistol / rifle won.

besides... storyline wise (cos kk really based it on that... :lol:) a droner doesnt need an advanced anti-rad suit as he can stay back and send in his drone :p

personally i would like either a glove or a helm for droners, with PA like stats. either som kind of remote control glove, or a Virtual Reality helmet.

the glove stops casting... but who casts while flying a drone?

Dont Mess
17-01-04, 15:12
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Theres a large drone thread already.

Dont start another, we are all aware.

Define Spam 4 me, no this is not a spame thred i wanted 2 specify on one quote and chose 2 do this on a new thread because wen a thred gets to like 10 pages pple dont read and i thought it was important 2 discuss this specific quote. The fact that spies have 3 PAs has nothing to do with anything and dont bring in story line because this game adapts is story line for eg they never expected hybrids but now they are a part of the story. All is ask for is either FIX the drone bugs coz there are WAY TOO MANY and if KK are in the process then atleast give us some info. The fact that every1 has pa is also beside the point mayb if kk gave droners some loving there would be more about. Every class has a pa or an armor that gives a bonus 2 skills and my true opinion is that its just not fair.

JiNxY
17-01-04, 16:48
i believe this would of been a more up to date quote...

*sigh* :(

I said it once, and I will say it again: I cannot report something until I have something to report. I go on CoDis nerves frequently, but he is teh ubar busy, so it's hard to accomplish anything. Maybe I will regret this, but the feature I have planned is a helmet or something that takes a droner off the local list while he drones. It has been suggested a few times and we liked the idea. I can also tell you that I compiled a pages-long list of droning bugs and handed them over to CoDi, but... well, see above. Don't blame the guy, he just has waayyy too much work. We are also tinkering around on drones a little with coming Testserver Patch. Upping damage here, reducing weight there, boosting Speed, and so on. We are also working on a new special Drone, I will only reveal what it is when I am positive that it works though ;)

It's not much I can tell you, I know... I still try my best though. :(

i doubt that helmet will add any to rcl/wpl, but it might. Anyway,
personally i dont want more RCL/WPL boosts, it acheives nothing, as somebody quite accurately posted above, more of fuck all is still fuck all

SypH
17-01-04, 20:57
Droner PA is a pretty stupid idea really. The idea of droning is to send a machine off to do your work, but you are left vunerable cause of this. Given the nature of the class, using PA as defense would then be plain daft. A glove or helm giving RCL or WPL bonuses, just to free up some points for other things (tradeskillers) would be nice.

hose187
17-01-04, 22:49
If you really want PA, just wear the pistol or rifle PA. The extra dex is still a help, and droners just don't need more rcl/wpw.

g0rt
17-01-04, 23:07
drone PA would be the stupidest thing i can possibly think of addint to this game

a class that in NO way is meant to fight eye-to-eye...need armor?

how about a drone helmet that allows for better remote control, or something cool like that...but a chest piece? nah not for a droner...

and yes i have a droner so stfu with the comments about me being biased against them...they have the BEST implants in the game I mean riggers dream, S.R.I, exp mindcontrol 3, mindcontrol 3 and even a droner eye jesus were talking HUGE bonuses to remote control and willpower here.

-Demon-
17-01-04, 23:11
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am still debating with the coders over the feature I have in mind (which I won't reveal until I can guarantee that it is coming ). I can repeat what I said. If it works, it will have been worth the wait. It will not be a droner PA though. If a droner gets found, he is dead, PA or not. Those little boni won't make a droners day either. Droners need two things: a ton of bugfixes and... well, that special feature I wrote both up and gave it to the coders, I will go on their nerves, but that's about all I can do. Don't give up hope yet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Calash says it aint gonna pa then it aint gonna pa.
Just be thankful that they done some of the promised movement fixs.
I think the special feature will be worth the wait judging by Calashs response to this and his other work.
Alot of this depends on what exactly the feature is and how hard it is to code.

Dont Mess
18-01-04, 01:01
Originally posted by hose187
If you really want PA, just wear the pistol or rifle PA. The extra dex is still a help, and droners just don't need more rcl/wpw.

i think we figured that 1 out already

Upping damage here, reducing weight there, boosting Speed, and so on. We are also working on a new special Drone, I will only reveal what it is when I am positive that it works though

well thats some nice info thanks now im excited

Maybe I will regret this, but the feature I have planned is a helmet or something that takes a droner off the local list while he drones.

HELL YEH THATS THE SHIT

ok mayb PA was the wrng word i just wanted a bonus even a helmet or summin would be nice and seen as we are droners i understand that wen we are found we are dead so im not asking for like xray resist or shit just rcl and wpw.
I understand that u guys are busy but it just seems that droners are neglected