PDA

View Full Version : Skill manager - Uber PvP Spy?

Haxxor
14-01-04, 17:54
I decided to make a Good PvP Spy on test Server. so i was fiddling around with the Skill manager planning it and i ended up with good PvP Resists + a decent amount of base HLT.

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/Spyocron.JPG

With This setup the Spy Can Cast Shelter by drugging.

mdares
14-01-04, 17:58
STA 0 o_O

i'm not sure that'll be a good pvp setup with STA 0...

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 17:58
heh tbh you can get better resists as a spy thats drugging for shelter ....

Try using moveon, basic resist 2, you should be hitting 9% allround but being weak to poison, also getting about 350 HP

Moveon, zerk 2, str booster 2, SF, SA, there u go, now see what you can get with that, and if your drugging for shelter try using psi boots aswell .....

Q`alooaith
14-01-04, 17:59
But posion cut's right though you, so don't complain when APU's and Flamer tank's kick your butt..

Mr_Snow
14-01-04, 18:02
Have as good a pvp setup on my constructer pistol spy and she cant shelter.

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:03
The Skill manager is Bugged for the STAMINA number itll be around 90 ish

Peeping Tom
14-01-04, 18:05
so little hp ? and so little enr resist ?
wuts the point of this post again ?
K4F

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:07
What do u expect for 40 CON ?

BlackPrince
14-01-04, 18:07
Eh if u get hit by poison, us more intelligent spies have figured out a way to survive it.

Honestly, that setup is good for Neofrag and maybe if you decide to initiate combat on your own. Unfortunately, once you drug and crash you're dead.

Morris
14-01-04, 18:08
Forget BR2, all it does over BR1 is give you +15 poison and takes more mana to cast -- and you're probably going to be using Str Heart 2 as a spy, which will leave you with 0 poison anyways. As Black Prince said, there are, ahem, ways around poison ;) With the gimpy pool of a sheltering spy, you'll want to save on mana when you can.

Also, lose some of the fire for more energy and health. Energy is the primary form of damage you'll be fighting most of the time, and fire is only secondary. Shelter will help drain some of the fire spells' impact as well. My spy takes around 70-75 from a fire CS (but I only lose 50 hp if all connect on the initial burst), which could probably be knocked down to 60 or less if I quit being a gimp and gave up the Slasher :lol: Anyone who says spies are weak needs a boot to the head.

J. Folsom
14-01-04, 18:11
You should probably get a bit more energy resist, you can get an all-round 125 defense setup (Except poison) if you have the proper resists as a spy.
I'd also invest a bit in psi use, while with your setup you can cast shelter, you can't really cast it well, it'll take too long to cast for normal combat situations.

Apart from those two things though, it's definitely not bad.

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 18:12
http://neocronguide.com/spycon.JPG

Has 115 DEX, 198 lore, 179 RC and 100 TC, dunno if thats overkill, but i dont know what lore/rc you need to cap rifles

Also forgot to put det forte in, and changed the psi use in int, has 46 psi pool

[Edit] Didnt spend STR points so force/pierce resists are outta whack on that piccy

Spoon
14-01-04, 18:13
The Test Server isn't supposed to be used for testing your own personal set ups.........

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:16
lol @ Spoon

The Test Server isn't supposed to be used for testing ?

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:21
This is my resists with Shelter casted

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/Wiv%20Shelter.JPG

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 18:24
Originally posted by Haxxor
This is my resists with Shelter casted

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/Wiv%20Shelter.JPG

but whats the imps, how much DEX do you have with that, also what gun do you intend using and whats your lore/tc/rc-pc at ?

Morris
14-01-04, 18:29
115 dex, caps damage/range on Slasher (400/min) and RoLH (~160-165/min), hacks OPs, can drug for shelter. Not the fastest in terms of runspeed but still competitive. Resists could be much higher if I went pure RoLH.

http://supermorris.net/images/pspy.jpg

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:33
i get 113 Dex

Move On
PP Chip
SF
Dist Wep 3 or Balistic 3 (if u really need an extra +5 Dex)

RC = 180
TC = 89
AGL = 70

PC = 180
TC = 88
AGL 73

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 18:38
i get 113 Dex

Move On
PP Chip
SF
Dist Wep 3 or Balistic 3 (if u really need an extra +5 Dex)

RC = 180
TC = 89
AGL = 70

PC = 180
TC = 88
AGL 73

how'd you get 113 dex with that ? O_o You cant wear PA 3, the req's 115, if you drug to get it on then bleh .....
What spine you using ? How's your fire resist that high cause with PP resistor in, you wont have enough str for inq 1 .....

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:40
lol ill just post the full screenshot

Holy Shelter Armor > Battle 2

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/untitled.JPG

also i realised that TC was over the max req so just take that down to 89 and add it onto PC or RC to get the 180

Spoon
14-01-04, 18:40
lol @ Spoon

The Test Server isn't supposed to be used for testing ?

Yer, testing what's in the Patch notes, not your personal set up........

Originally posted by Lupus
Here are some basic rules of behavior on Test Server.

[snip]

The test server is set up to bug find and test new features and changes. The object of the test server is not to see how you want to set up your retail character.

btw, I'd ditch some of the Fire Resist for Energy Resist........

P.S. Why do all these so called uber PvP set ups have 0 Poisen Resist?..........:wtf:

J. Folsom
14-01-04, 18:42
Originally posted by Spoon
P.S. Why do all these so called uber PvP set ups have 0 Poisen Resist?..........:wtf: Spies get a total of 240 skill points in constitution, along with the below average armor you get to equip (Apart from the PA, one less resist to spend) that means you need to sacrifice one resist to have the rest good.

Edit: Typo fix0r 1.3

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 18:42
lol ill just post the full screenshot

Holy Shelter Armor > Battle 2

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/untitled.JPG

28 Crahn Holy Shelter Helmet 6.0 6.0 3.0 15.0 PSI=28
30 Crahn Holy Shelter Pants 6.4 6.4 6.4 9.6 3.2 PSI=30
32 Crahn Holy Shelter Boots 3.4 3.4 6.8 13.6 6.8 PSI=32

Your a spy, not a PE .....

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:44
lol if i wasnt testing my set up i wouldnt of found a few bugs. Anyway who cares

Morris
14-01-04, 18:45
Originally posted by Spoon
Why do all these so called uber PvP set ups have 0 Poisen Resist?..........:wtf:

PEs and tanks can get poison resist easy schmeezy. With a spy, by speccing poison you will not only get raped by energy/fire or have really low health, but you'll also not have enough poison for it to really matter. Yay!

There are ways of dealing with poison as a spy, but "stand there and resist it" isn't the best one.

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:47
@ \\Fényx//

Dammit lol

aww fuck

Samhain
14-01-04, 18:52
After shelter/deflector on my setup:

FRC - 6.15-5.76%
PRC - 6.5-6.09%
Fire - 7.02-6.25%
Energy - 7.02-6.25%
Xray - 5.62%
Posion - 33%

320 HP (350 with res booster)

Haxxor
14-01-04, 18:54
Samhain wanna share ur set up ? :D

Samhain
14-01-04, 18:57
Sure, uh, I don't have anywhere to post a pic... I'll just type it

IMPs:

Head: Moveon / Zerk 2 / Synap Accel / SF

Spine: STR boost 2

heart: exp heart 1

Using INQ helm, trousers, boots. PA3. heavy energyresist belt.

STR (49):
TRA = 63 (57 base)
FOR = 95 (87 base)

CON (46):
HLT = 85 (57 base)
FIR = 60
ENR = 63

Keyol45743241
14-01-04, 19:00
lol @ Spoon

The Test Server isn't supposed to be used for testing ? No, it ain't for testing personal setups. It is for finding bugs and reporting them :rolleyes: Read the Stickys in the forum....

Samhain
14-01-04, 19:02
oh yeah, and i have all antigamma bones in except the foot, i have an experimental foot in for the extra agl (which is 64)

Spoon
14-01-04, 19:05
Originally posted by Samhain
Sure, uh, I don't have anywhere to post a pic... I'll just type it

IMPs:

Head: Moveon / Zerk 2 / Synap Accel / SF

Spine: STR boost 2

heart: exp heart 1

Using INQ helm, trousers, boots. PA3. heavy energyresist belt.

STR (49):
TRA = 63 (57 base)
FOR = 95 (87 base)

CON (46):
HLT = 85 (57 base)
FIR = 60
ENR = 63

If you don't have an SA, which imp would replace it?

Or doesn't this set up work with out it?

Samhain
14-01-04, 19:10
without the SA, what I would do is throw in a PP resistor

adjust the resistances so that they're at 78 FIR and 75 ENR (that's with the +15 in already)

then after shelter/deflector, you're at even better:

FRC 6.15-5.76%
PRC 6.53-6.12%
FIR 6.71-5.97%
ENR 6.8-6.06%
XRR 6.3-5.61%
POR 33%

but of course you're down to PA2, and you can't use anything above 107 dex req

edit:

you could also pull some resist force out, so as to up your transport

Morris
14-01-04, 19:39
Yeh, the thing about a pistol spy with no SA is that RoLH and Slasher are out of your reach unless you want to drug or slap in a gimp chip like a Motoric 3 o_O With SF + SA + Str Booster 2 you have exactly 109 dex, drug up and slap on a PA3 and it will stay. SF + Str Booster 2 + PA2 will put you at 107 dex, as has been stated. As a rifle spy, just replace SA with PPR and spec for the RoG and you're cool.

EDIT: Sam, correct me if I'm wrong but you have 0 base ath? Do you drug?

Promethius
14-01-04, 19:46
Although ur setup is ok...there are alot better out there *glances at divide* but i'm not one to name names.

Though my combat spy can give tanks a run for there money. (mainly due to the capped tl3 heal/RoF).

IMHO Tanks need a sort of boost to either CON or DMG or something. But then again devourer rapes spys and if they got good poison then they got shitty /xray/energy or fire. But one thing always lacks.

BombShell
14-01-04, 19:47
hehe i got a spy setup thats 70% in all resis mroe if i want to use shelter

345 hlt and capped rog

enough ran speed to keep up meaning am not the fastest runner but i can keep up with them across a whole zone :) so am no stragler :)

o pa3 too :) 115 dex

but just remmember fl is shit compared to rog. reason u cant cap fl like u can with rog. so this lack in cappage makes the rog more power because it doesnt miss as much and has just as much power as fl. hope that helps and try to find that uber setup :)

shodanjr_gr
14-01-04, 19:51
The lamest of all questions.

A link for the character planner plz???

Thx :)

SorkZmok
15-01-04, 00:04
[B]http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12099/untitled.JPG
Int: Get more psu. You need that mana, cause otherwise you need forever to buff up or have to access your inventory all the time to pop psi boosters. And that sucks. Also you wont cap aiming on the high end rifles with that wep. So better forget hacking.
Dex: Go for 95 t-c with r-c boost 1. Stealth will safe your life sooo many times. And your too slow. Use drugs i suggest. With that agl/atl you are damn easy to hit with your gun out.
Con: A bit more health might help. Also more speed. And go for more enr and less fire/xray. Otherwise HL will waste you so fast, you wont even know what hit you.

Oh and you cant wear that Psi armor, your not a PE. Get to 49 str and use inqui1 armor with a heavy enr belt.

Tbh, get a SA and use drugs to fight. Otherwise roll a PE. o_O

/edit
Heres that character planner
http://www.neocronnetwork.de/files/tools/skillmanager.zip

shodanjr_gr
15-01-04, 00:53
You got a link to a later version of the character planer? That one is real old.

Blunt
15-01-04, 01:02
Please stop posting your fucking noob setups so all the cookies will stop using them FOR FUCKS SAKE! I've seen enough fucking hybrids out there, what's next? Invincible spies?

shodanjr_gr
15-01-04, 01:10
Originally posted by Blunt
Please stop posting your fucking noob setups so all the cookies will stop using them FOR FUCKS SAKE! I've seen enough fucking hybrids out there, what's next? Invincible spies?

Who pissed in your cherrios this morning?

Cruzbroker
15-01-04, 01:27
Thank god I figure my setups on my own.. So where's the newest skillmanager?

BlackPrince
15-01-04, 04:07
Anyways, in answer to the question asked in the thread title: No. Your spy would last about 3 minutes in an opfight, get drug flash, and then get turned into a puddle of goo when 30 HL's rained down on his head.

BUT, as a Neofrag setup, its not bad at all, just don't confuse Neofrag and duelling with Opfighting and you won't have a prob.

SorkZmok
15-01-04, 04:34
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Anyways, in answer to the question asked in the thread title: No. Your spy would last about 3 minutes in an opfight, get drug flash, and then get turned into a puddle of goo when 30 HL's rained down on his head.

BUT, as a Neofrag setup, its not bad at all, just don't confuse Neofrag and duelling with Opfighting and you won't have a prob.
Ive got a rifle spy who uses 3 drugs most of his time. 2 in opfights. And trust me, i work great in opfights. Never underestimate a spy with a capped SH and disruptor plus enough resists and speed to take out his enemies in close combat. ;)
Its all about the timing and some practice.

BlackPrince
15-01-04, 05:00
LOL.

SorkZmok
15-01-04, 08:48
Originally posted by BlackPrince
LOL.
Dont you fucking spam!
Say "heh you suck" or "damn you must kick ass" or at least tell me some other shit that makes some sense.

Just "LOL" is just lol. :p

Disturbed021
15-01-04, 09:37
The newer version of that skillmanager shows what can be done with drugs and buffs.

I had a spy setup to get frc/prc, enr, x-ray + fire all under 7.5% with Posion at 15 or so.....too bad I quit playin when I got him to 85 dex:( (so I have no idea if the setup would have been ne good) but its soooo damn boring leveling a spy past the mid 80's of int and dex.

So, what I'm saying is your spy setup is not all that great. You should try to get 49 or so str so you can use some of the Inq armors. Move-on, zerk 2 and str 2 should do it...if not plan on buying or recycling lots of beast.
I prefer beast to x-strong cause it lasts 10 mins vs 5 plus adds agl. While the neg with Beast (20 wep) may seem like alot, if your planning on using shelter you'll be taking a Destrosol Forte neways which adds back 12 wep so it winds up only being neg 8 wep.

Just my 2 cents.

Jesterthegreat
15-01-04, 13:23
hmm... lom some fire into NRG imo...

i dont have my PvP setup at work, but its better health than that and better resists than that (all undrugged... i only include drug for shelter in my setup)

and the STA - 0 is a bug in the program :D