PDA

View Full Version : sick and tired of comps and cores

dmon99
13-01-04, 01:29
for some damn reason i have ressed over 100 of my own collected parts and it seems that the majority of the part types i get are either comps , cores or hulls .

hardly do i ever get any techs frames or addtechs

i think its about time to adjust the rare drops

anybody have this damn problem or is it just me

getting a tech frame or addtech is almost as rare as the scorpion queen spawning

ezza
13-01-04, 02:24
nah not had that problem, normally i just get parts to weapons i have no need for.

every time i res something its a damn monk part

SorkZmok
13-01-04, 02:36
Dunno if its really those parts but i got loads of some while i never find the missing parts. So i end up with like 8 cores and still cant get all parts to build that fucking gun cause there is ONE part that i never find and thats damn hard to trade for.
Weird.

Zanathos
13-01-04, 06:22
You forgot about Addhulls ^_^

IceStorm
13-01-04, 07:18
What pisses me off is when the game seems to know what's in your cabinets: "Oh, you have three Frame of Marine? Well, let's just make sure you get two more for good measure!" nevermind that I have no cores and comps...

Oh well, gives me trading fodder.

CarniFlex
13-01-04, 08:01
Atm i have
9 psi core core
3 psi core hull
1 psi core comp
6 psi core tech's
1 psi core frame

taken me about 3 weeks to get that last comp and frame by hunting.

another nice weapon is the first love
0 core's
1 hull
2 comp's
1 tech
7 addtech's
5 frames

I do hunt in about 4-5 different sectors, everything from warbots, hoverbots, batqueen, swampcave shaman, decayed horrorr/brutes etc. Still get just about same amount of specific techs all around the map. Just the feeling that some parts are more "common" to me than others.

its the damn randomness in holy lightning, rare freezerguns still dropping and rare drones (that really should have a epic run for em) that makes this another wee wee game :p

L3m0n
13-01-04, 10:04
i still think the drop is random but i have a shed load of cores, grims like to drop cores:)

Original monk
13-01-04, 10:05
i hope for you that there are alot of psicore comps d'mon, there rare on saturn, also devourer hull ... and atp of ravager ...

and FL core yeah :P maybe frame of cs ...

some of em parts are rare-er then others fo sure :)

P4mp3rk3
13-01-04, 10:19
well, if you got loads of other parts and you specificly want that one part to complete your rare "whatever", the chances are gonna be even smaller you find it, just because you have all the other parts already....

You could say the rare pool gets bigger, the closer you get to completing something

Dunno if I'm getting my point accross, but it's all perception O_o

Archeus
13-01-04, 10:32
I suspect that the whole group of TP's dont drop on the same mob type. So try changing mods to kill.

g0rt
13-01-04, 10:35
now that i think of it i had

7 comp riggers dream
4 comp hawking

wtf?

got rid of 2 of the riggers comps and 1 hawking comp but still stuck with alot of that crap :P

Archeus
13-01-04, 10:58
Originally posted by Archeus
So try changing mods to kill.

Hmm bit of a freudian slip there. :lol:

g0rt
13-01-04, 11:04
Originally posted by Archeus
Hmm bit of a freudian slip there. :lol:

ya that could be a difficult task in my case :p

dmon99
13-01-04, 14:45
archeus you might be right about that

warbots and titans around j-02-05-06 mostly have been dropping these parts for me:

low and hightech melee, first love, special science, rare drone, and on occasion ravager and dev parts but very rare occasions

theses are the usual haul of parts but also have droped i few very popular parts late at night hen thers only about 40-50 peeps on uranus

during the day i hate to hunt as its alot of waisted time and psi boosters but at night sometimes they drop 4 parts at a time

had one session yeild 9 parts out of killing just 3 warbots in a row

but that was when i was like 35/32>>>>

L0KI
13-01-04, 14:49
Now that you mention it, after joining FLUX - we pool most of our parts - I have noticed that we have an abundance of Core/Comp, and a complete and utter lack of HULL's.

Are Hull parts harder to obtain?

shodanjr_gr
13-01-04, 15:21
When i used to hunt rares like mad, i had like 9xhull of malediction , but i couldnt get ANY other parts for that gun without trading.