PDA

View Full Version : One less monk in the game

ezza
12-01-04, 21:22
after much deliberation gonna be deleteing my monk tonight, got sick of the whole monk class so when i log on later hes gonna bite the dust.

so gonna make a new character.

was thinking of pistol PE, but dunno cos theres loads of them about the place.

so as i love tanks, was gonna make a pistol or Rifle tankas it be cool to do.

but anyone got either a pistol or rifle tank and can say how viable they are in PvM and PvP.

i got a few ideas for setup, but not gonna waste my time leveling up if it turns out there a pile of shite at the top end as i might as well just go and make my tank on pluto and level up, but was looking for something interesting to do but would still have a good outcome at the end.

aint gonna go the melee PE route as its becoming a bit popular and rather not just follow what everyone else is doing with there chars.

GT_Rince
12-01-04, 21:24
Make a Melee Spy - you don't see many of them :D

ezza
12-01-04, 21:25
Originally posted by GT_Rince

lol yeah but theres a reason for that........proberbly

J. Folsom
12-01-04, 21:28
I'd go Pistol Tank personally, Rifles need too much weapon lore in comparison with the intelligence you get as a tank.

You'll probably be pretty much forced to go liberator though (Assuming you still want good speed, you really don't get enough dex points as a tank to have the T-C as well as good P-C and Agility), apart from that, you'll probably be better when it comes to all round defense in comparison to a normal tank. Since you do need less agility and athletics as you don't get heavy speed reducal as you'd get with a cannon.

I can't say how effective it'll be though, no personal experience with it.

ezza
12-01-04, 21:30
yeah kinda leaning towards pistols, got a 3 slot earp doing nothing and a 1 slot libby atm so may go the way of the pistols.

fatwreck
12-01-04, 21:33
my tank was rifle for a month or so... was fun, capped dmg on PE, had around 120/min rof and decent aiming. had the con of a tank, and the offence of a T-C PE using a pain easer. was kinda fun but you really need a SA for it to work right

Strych9
12-01-04, 21:36
Pistol Tank- way I can see it, use Moto 3, Mind Control 3, Dex Booster 3, SF, SA... and you can use Libby and Black Sun. Wear all tank armor, have insane amounts of transport and resist force/pierce, be as fast as you possibly want to be...

It all depends if you are content with using the Libby/Black Sun as your main weaps.

Rade
12-01-04, 21:44
Im leveling up a melee/rifle tank, working ok. Will have blade of
ceres/pain easer when capped dex.

t0tt3
12-01-04, 21:45
Seen one he dropped like a fly from my APU... dont even fear them.

Still could be a bad aimer :D "Can they cap dmg on a libby?"

ezza
12-01-04, 21:49
Originally posted by t0tt3
Seen one he dropped like a fly from my APU... dont even fear them.

Still could be a bad aimer :D "Can they cap dmg on a libby?"

cant say i used to fear any class on my old APU though tbh

and yeah wondering if they can cap damage.

oh not gonna have access to a SA btw so dunno if that means dont even bother or what though :lol:

Rade
12-01-04, 21:51
Oh btw gratz on deleting your monk :D I deleted a capped PPU a
while back and it was better than sex, promise :D

ezza
12-01-04, 21:53
Originally posted by Rade
Oh btw gratz on deleting your monk :D I deleted a capped PPU a
while back and it was better than sex, promise :D

way i see it, the less monks the better

Mumblyfish
12-01-04, 21:54
Congrats on deleting a monk and probably not making a PE!

For crazy fun, go pistol spy. You can pick up a kami chip for cheap, since noone uses it. The effectiveness of the setup could be debated, but you'll run like greased buggery and do crazy damage. FUN FUN FUN!

ezza
12-01-04, 21:55
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Congrats on deleting a monk and probably not making a PE!

For crazy fun, go pistol spy. You can pick up a kami chip for cheap, since noone uses it. The effectiveness of the setup could be debated, but you'll run like greased buggery and do crazy damage. FUN FUN FUN! not to sure about spies as i have 2 already a rifler and a droner so didnt want to make another spy more so as im not that big on the spy class

Tratos
12-01-04, 21:57
but but but Spy's Are The Future!!

need Milksh@ke to make me a new sig for my Rifle Spy as i dont play as Quoth to much now :D

~T

Cyphor
12-01-04, 22:12
Imo there are plenty of all classes atm, there are tons of tanks atm for their new toys, theres always been tons of pes due to them being the easiest to cap, theres tons of monks due to their usefullness in op wars, there are quiet a few snipers spies about. The only classes which may be under represented atm is the fully combat pistol spy or the droner, and since you've already got a droner you could try a pistol spy.

Either that or you could lom your monk to ppu and try some setups like tangent assault rifle ppu or something... at least then your monk will have a reticle :p

ezza
12-01-04, 22:34
Originally posted by Cyphor
Imo there are plenty of all classes atm, there are tons of tanks atm for their new toys, theres always been tons of pes due to them being the easiest to cap, theres tons of monks due to their usefullness in op wars, there are quiet a few snipers spies about. The only classes which may be under represented atm is the fully combat pistol spy or the droner, and since you've already got a droner you could try a pistol spy.

Either that or you could lom your monk to ppu and try some setups like tangent assault rifle ppu or something... at least then your monk will have a reticle :p lol yeah but id feel all dirty being a PPU *tries to wipe the dirt off* erghhhh

started a tank on pluto while i decide what class to finish off my saturn slots with.

so if you see little Dark Soul running around be nice to him and give him cash and tank goodies:)

Edit: lol spelt my new chars name wrong, no wonder no one was giving me stuff:lol:

Cliffraiser
12-01-04, 22:49
u deleted ezza? omg u got some balls :eek:

Original monk
12-01-04, 23:03
Originally posted by ezza
so if you see little Darl Soul running around be nice to him and give him cash and tank goodies:)

O.O
you ripp of LOL, work for youre own tankgear :P

if i where you i would make my monk into a hybrid, there fun to play but ya gotta have some more patience cause they fixing hybrids ...... again

ezza
12-01-04, 23:33
Originally posted by Original monk
O.O
you ripp of LOL, work for youre own tankgear :P

if i where you i would make my monk into a hybrid, there fun to play but ya gotta have some more patience cause they fixing hybrids ...... again my monk is hybrid atm

and yeah cliff Ezzas going hes just taking up a char slot that could be made to be more useful err fun

GT_Rince
13-01-04, 12:42
Originally posted by Strych9
Pistol Tank- way I can see it, use Moto 3, Mind Control 3, Dex Booster 3, SF, SA... and you can use Libby and Black Sun. Wear all tank armor, have insane amounts of transport and resist force/pierce, be as fast as you possibly want to be...

It all depends if you are content with using the Libby/Black Sun as your main weaps.

I made a Pistol Tank a while back and lommed him to HC as lvling was going slow - I wish I hadn't now...

I am very tempted to lom back to pistols - I am only a few lvl's off capping DEX on him (about 4 I think). Stick INQ armor on and go hunt some fire mobs.

Maarten
13-01-04, 13:39
If you're gonna level a heavy tank, I'd highly recommend using the Grenade Launchers in the Pepper Park sewers. GREAT FUN!

Grenade Launchers also rule in the Chaos Caves, I wish there was one higher then TL42... :(

[TgR]KILLER
13-01-04, 13:42
NOOOO ezza.. there goes my ppu :'(

ezza
13-01-04, 13:43
Originally posted by Maarten
If you're gonna level a heavy tank, I'd highly recommend using the Grenade Launchers in the Pepper Park sewers. GREAT FUN!

Grenade Launchers also rule in the Chaos Caves, I wish there was one higher then TL42... :(

just startedmy heavy tank on pluto(Dark Soul plz give money and tank items generousley thanks:D )been using a grenade aluncher in the noobie sewers really funny, and quickest way to kill the rats at my level, only takes 2 shots to blow the rats to peices:lol:

should get laser tonight and a better granny launcher made so may head out to the OZ

lol sorry Killer mate:(

Heidi
13-01-04, 13:46
i got a pistol spy and its my favourite char i'd say. i have 220 research and still cap rolh in damage. with drugs you can do a lot in pvp... the only downside is when someone attacks you unprepared you're dead :) but its fun duelling tanks or PEs with a spy.

Lucjan
13-01-04, 13:49
Another former pistol tank here...

Work quite fine, I went for Liberator after I've tried blacksun. You can be good at PvP, but doing it with a H-C tank is easier. But you gain some cool style and speed with a pistol tank.

A small advise: consider the use of one DEX drug for your setup, works great for me. That way you have one head slot for a Resistor.

GT_Rince
13-01-04, 15:02
Originally posted by Lucjan
Another former pistol tank here...

LOL - a man of many talent Luc :D

I'm not sure if I wanna LoM my tank back to pistols again, just because I love to move fast while fighting. It will either be Melee or Pistols.

Lucjan
13-01-04, 15:07
I'm not sure if I wanna LoM my tank back to pistols again, just because I love to move fast while fighting. It will either be Melee or Pistols.

Well, Rifle Tank with a Terminator would be my next choice. I did rifle tank too, but using PE is total gimpage. A Terminator at DEX 87 is basically the perfect weapon for a non-MC non-HC tank...esp. when his name is Shotgun ;-)

Agent L
13-01-04, 15:11
Meele+droner tank. Attack with Revenge and KK400 and finish with Paw ofBear :-)

ezza
13-01-04, 15:12
shame there aint more terminator around or id proberbly make a rifler

GT_Rince
13-01-04, 15:23
Originally posted by Lucjan
Well, Rifle Tank with a Terminator would be my next choice. I did rifle tank too, but using PE is total gimpage. A Terminator at DEX 87 is basically the perfect weapon for a non-MC non-HC tank...esp. when his name is Shotgun ;-)

If I could get hold of a Terminator, then I would also go Rifles - would be interesting to say the least :D

I got a Melee Tank on Saturn, and with a Devils Grace, I happily took down a tank with a CS - he just put it away in the end and tried to run... He didn't get far :D

Also Warbots are a doddle as long as you keep moving 'through' them and a shock 'em 1st.

Hmm - talking myself back into Melee here :D

Cruzbroker
13-01-04, 15:29
You get the worst dmg% on blacksun... don't even try. I've been thinking of finding pistol kami for my tank... little overspec on resists and that's it. (then BS could work)

Parappa
13-01-04, 16:30
HC PE is the way to go. Trike == much0 fun.

Strych9
13-01-04, 17:41
THE way to level a noob tank is not the sewers in Plaza (the rats) but the ASG cellars in PP2. They have SUPER narrow walls, and all of the TG cave mobs (cave crawlers and such). Works GREAT for noob tanks to bang out the first few levels in the city.

I levelled my main tank with his LE in, and using pure heavy AOE weaps. Only used GLs and then Fusion/RGC guns. While the LE makes you look like a "carebear" in some people's eyes, they REALLY appreciate it in the aggie cellars when you arent blowing them to bits. :)

And if you like the GL, once you get the TL42 one, you HAVE to hit the bottom level of the PP sewers... the one with the poisonous spiders.

It really IS a shame there is no higher TL grenade launcher. When using that the game has the most realistic FPS shooter feel for me. Regardless of PvP viability, its my favorite weapon in the game.

Filth
13-01-04, 17:46
hehe ezza plz be a pistol tank and come play with me :) i wann slap you :D

cRazy2003
13-01-04, 17:48
lol yeah but theres a reason for that........proberbly

melee spys pwn :p

ezza
13-01-04, 18:12
Originally posted by Filth
hehe ezza plz be a pistol tank and come play with me :) i wann slap you :D

8| pistol tank it is then:D

mdares
13-01-04, 18:12

omg dude i have a melee spy... i can pwn a tank =)

he's my constr/repper/melee spy =D

Promethius
13-01-04, 18:46
after much deliberation gonna be deleteing my monk tonight, got sick of the whole monk class so when i log on later hes gonna bite the dust.

so gonna make a new character.

was thinking of pistol PE, but dunno cos theres loads of them about the place.

so as i love tanks, was gonna make a pistol or Rifle tankas it be cool to do.

but anyone got either a pistol or rifle tank and can say how viable they are in PvM and PvP.

i got a few ideas for setup, but not gonna waste my time leveling up if it turns out there a pile of shite at the top end as i might as well just go and make my tank on pluto and level up, but was looking for something interesting to do but would still have a good outcome at the end.

aint gonna go the melee PE route as its becoming a bit popular and rather not just follow what everyone else is doing with there chars.

I was thinking of doing the same...err deleting mah monk.

I don't like PPU's much and APU gets a bit dull. But i already got tank / spy's. and PE's are teh lame at OPs......Ressurecting PE maybe ?

GT_Rince
13-01-04, 18:48
Originally posted by mdares
omg dude i have a melee spy... i can pwn a tank =)

I will pay real NC to see that show :D

Clownst0pper
13-01-04, 18:49
I deleted my Capped DS using PPU not so long ago, best thing I ever did.

The reason? Constant moaning for buffs drove me mental, cant people use there own in the heat of a huge war?

It was only satisfying when it was just me and one APU taking on loads of people!

Filth
13-01-04, 18:50
8| pistol tank it is then:D

i'll take you on with my uber 1337 pistol monk :D

Promethius
13-01-04, 18:52
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
I deleted my Capped DS using PPU not so long ago, best thing I ever did.

The reason? Constant moaning for buffs drove me mental, cant people use there own in the heat of a huge war?

It was only satisfying when it was just me and one APU taking on loads of people!

Thats the reason i lommed to hybrid. So when everyone asked me for buffs (even tho i could cast them jsut aswell) I said i was a hybrid and not a PPU. =p

But well hybrids are going to get nailed with yet another nerf.
And don't give me that "they are getting to 5% malus crap" Cuz it doesn't matter. In the old days we didn't get that high dmg% on energy beams and well now we won't even be able to use that or holy energy halo.