PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

GT_Rince
12-01-04, 15:59
Was talking to someone ingame and they said they were running 2 versions of NC on the same machine - I thought this wasn't possible - or am I wrong ? Can port changes in the .ini files allow this?

Archeus
12-01-04, 16:12
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Was talking to someone ingame and they said they were running 2 versions of NC on the same machine - I thought this wasn't possible - or am I wrong ? Can port changes in the .ini files allow this?

Its possible all be it very painful to use.

Basically made two physical copies of the game, then change the ports for each game. Run them in windowed mode.

I've done it, but for the amount of hassle trying to log in or actually do anything (you will be lagged) its not worth it.

[TgR]KILLER
12-01-04, 16:12
yes and yes :)
i know husk sometimes logged his monk and tank in just on one machine.. and i know ressi does it with her alt..

btw @ your sig it doesn't make sence..

Rince (Pluto) - * 51/49 Pure PPU(soon to be PPU)

ppu to be ppu ? :lol:

Rade
12-01-04, 16:14
You dont even need to make two neocron installs. Just add the
line LOCALPORT="xxxxxx" into your neocron.ini file. (xxxxx is a
number of your choice, just avoid any other important ports) and
then when before you start up neocron the second time just
change the number. Presto.

You could just have two different neocron.ini files with different
ports and make a batch file that swaps em and launches
neocron. Simple and effective.

arthego
12-01-04, 16:15
Finally a way to use both my prossesors with Neocron ^^.....to bad i only have 1 account :rolleyes:

Rade
12-01-04, 16:16
Originally posted by arthego
Finally a way to use both my prossesors with Neocron ^^.....to bad i only have 1 account :rolleyes:

Play on two servers at once :p

arthego
12-01-04, 16:18
Originally posted by Rade

Was thinking about it. :D

GT_Rince
12-01-04, 16:30
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER

btw @ your sig it doesn't make sence..

Rince (Pluto) - * 51/49 Pure PPU(soon to be PPU)

ppu to be ppu ? :lol:

I don't know what you mean :D

Edit------

@Rade..
So, start NC the normal way, then I could ALT-TAB back to Wondows, edit the .ini (adding in the localport) file and run again ?

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 17:02
Originally posted by Rade

I doubt you can do that....

Rade
12-01-04, 17:02
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I don't know what you mean :D

Edit------

@Rade..
So, start NC the normal way, then I could ALT-TAB back to Wondows, edit the .ini (adding in the localport) file and run again ?

yah

arthego
12-01-04, 18:14
Oh I tried it using the same install and same acount just on diff servers......didn't work.....but I got an extra comp atm and I can log on a diff server with the same acount....

But I can be on the Test server and Pluto at the same time...GO SMP GO....doesn't lag at all. :D

GT_Rince
13-01-04, 13:27
Thanks Rade - got it working last night :)

It was laggy with 2 clients running on the same machine, but is ideal when you need to transfer money / items to an alt :)

Also means I can do my Epic run while lomming my tank :D

Scikar
13-01-04, 13:53
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I doubt you can do that....

One account can be logged on two separate servers at the same time. :)

Filth
13-01-04, 14:15
yah once account can be loged on 2 servers but not same server and its postable to run 2 games at the same time but yu better be on bb befor trying that and have a niceish computer its oki if your just trancfuring items tho ..

Agent L
14-01-04, 11:39
Hmm, my NC keeps neocron.ini open sop I cannot save it while NC running. I just have to have 2 copies. (moving terrain.pak to root dir saves 650MB)

BTW it is sometimes possible to log twice on same server - on same char :-p