PDA

View Full Version : Something you all should know about NF.

MindMaze
12-01-04, 13:54
Ok, I gotta say this, because people get owned often in NF and go crazy thinking they suck, when it's not what's going on. Basically, there is this bug in NF that makes you slow, no matter how much ath you have. On your screen, it looks like you are running full speed, but your enemies see you as just standing there. Before duelling, you should ask your partner to tell you if it looks as if you are running too slowly on his/her screen. If you are slow on his/her screen, you should relog a few times.

The reason why so many people, like smokey, owned is precisely this. On a slow connection, you get less updates from the client, and, therefore, don't see as much movement as you should.

Ok well, thought I'd mention this. Another thing, but this one is with an exception, is that if you are getting hit many, many times in a row, you are probably just stuck in one place on your partner's screen. The exception to this is super aim, which some people do have. But, even with an aim like that, the shots won't be hitting you in very rapid succession.

Have fun not getting "owned" anymore people :)

Parappa
12-01-04, 14:15
I would be so happy if they fixed the bugs in NF. But why fix them when no one uses them. And why no one uses them? Because of the bugs. Argh!

Dissenter
12-01-04, 14:43
NF would get ALOT more use if your did not respawn with bugger all health and no buffs.

Make it so when you respawn you are in the same condition you were when you first entered.

deac
12-01-04, 14:48
haha yea nf is the only place where i can beat snake eye :D

Rade
12-01-04, 14:48
Just fix the moving slow bug and Ill be happy, funny how long this
has existed and no one has really talked about it much.

retr0n
12-01-04, 14:55
another bug is when the one you are duelling suddelny flyes up
in the air and you cant shoot them anymore, but on their screen
they are just fine, oh yes and also the one when someone gets
to close to an edge and you see them fall down, then you jump
after them but they suddely fly up to the edge again... :/

but i guess those bugs are not as important as the running speed
plz fix, 5 stars

ezza
12-01-04, 14:55
Originally posted by retr0n
another bug is when the one you are duelling suddelny flyes up
in the air and you cant shoot them anymore, but on their screen
they are just fine, oh yes and also the one when someone gets
to close to an edge and you see them fall down, then you jump
after them but they suddely fly up to the edge again... :/

but i guess those bugs are not as important as the running speed
plz fix, 5 stars yup hate those and the warping around corners but that aint just a neofrag prob

stalked monkey
12-01-04, 15:06
Most of these bugs have to do with the way neocron decides wheter you hit or not, im pretty sure its client side, because if you get lag you still see damage numbers, but because the client cant tell the server you hit, then no damage is actually taken. However, against other players, if the other player lags while moving then he will continue moving in that direction until his connection kicks back in, and then the player movement system edges him back to where his computer thinks he should be. GMs: There are ways to exploit this, so uhh... might wanna fix it.

SorkZmok
12-01-04, 15:08
More annoying things:

- the scoreboard is broken
- the term to enter never shows the right amount of ppl inside
- taking more than 3 drugs will force you to relog after you die
- ppl start flying
- ppl fall down edges, then fly back to where they stood
- drugs sometimes dont work ( i think )
- leaving the deck takes forever

El_MUERkO
12-01-04, 15:09
rade people dont talk about it cause at can be abused so people either stay quiet and post bug reports hoping it'll get fixed or stay quiet and exploit it hoping it wont get fixed.

Rade
12-01-04, 15:09
Originally posted by SorkZmok

This is good imo.

SorkZmok
12-01-04, 15:10
Originally posted by Rade
This is good imo.
Why?

Also, it occurs outside of NF too. I got rezkilled twice because of that fucking bug already....o_O

Rade
12-01-04, 15:12
Why?

Also, it occurs outside of NF too. I got rezkilled twice because of that fucking bug already....o_O

Use less drugs then.

SorkZmok
12-01-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Rade
Use less drugs then.
Why? :D

Heh if i want to use drugs, i will use em. And it cant be that this forces me to relog. Thats just mean.
And i'm a spy! I need my drugs!! ;)

ezza
12-01-04, 15:14
if you get killed and cant genrep cos of drugs, just log out, takes 10 secs to log and 10 secs futher for body to go.

20secs total time, time to res the best ive seen is 20secs, so unless they start before you start logging out you will escape.

then you can log back in and just genrep as normal

SorkZmok
12-01-04, 15:17
Originally posted by ezza
if you get killed and cant genrep cos of drugs, just log out, takes 10 secs to log and 10 secs futher for body to go.

20secs total time, time to res the best ive seen is 20secs, so unless they start before you start logging out you will escape.

then you can log back in and just genrep as normal
Well now with rezz taking a lot longer, its not gonna happen to me again i hope. Still i want that damn bug fixed, its just fucking annoying!

J. Folsom
12-01-04, 15:21
More reasons for fixing NF:

(Pictures are posted as links to make it friendlier on the 56k users. Also, these pictures are just pictures, no NF action :p)

http://www.waaazup.com/users/J.Folsom/shot0014.jpg
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/jfolsom/shot0015.jpg
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/jfolsom/shot0016.jpg
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/jfolsom/shot0017.jpg

All of these pictures were taken inside of Neofrag, the maps used by Neofrag are some of the better ones Neocron has.

ezza
12-01-04, 15:24
stop showing your pics off or ill post my pic of meh tank:p

Stigmata
12-01-04, 15:50
where is the 3rd and 4th picture from ?

i cant say i have ever seen/been there

J. Folsom
12-01-04, 15:52
Originally posted by stigmata
where is the 3rd and 4th picture from ? That's Neofrag 2 Deck 4/8

It's a spaceship map, it's pretty neat.

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 15:55
More annoying things:

That happens everywhere in the game i think, not just in NF.

I used to be a drug junkie APU (like 6-7 drugs when i tried to PVP).
I would die and then i could not right click and make the respawn menu appear. 8|

Shadow Dancer
12-01-04, 17:36
EE i'm glad you made this thread. You ever moved like a chicken with it's head cut off in NF, and someone was able to hit you easily like every hit? BUt then you fight them outside and it's a whole different story.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE THAT.

I've also noticed some people moving very slowly even though they say they have like a billion ath/ag.

That is so lame. I thought i was the only one who noticed it.

I would think "Wtf, why am I so effective outside nf".

L3m0n
12-01-04, 17:46
also falling off the side of NF, sometimes when you fall you dont die even though its such a massive drop that not even a tank with 600hp would make it, then you have the problem of being stuck down there with 2 things you can do about it
1) kill self
2)get someone to snipe you
this is gay make it so if you fall you die of just dont make runners able to fall off the edge!

-=Bl@de=-
12-01-04, 17:46
Fix the NF scoreboard too.

ezza
12-01-04, 17:57
Originally posted by L3m0n
also falling off the side of NF, sometimes when you fall you dont die even though its such a massive drop that not even a tank with 600hp would make it, then you have the problem of being stuck down there with 2 things you can do about it
1) kill self
2)get someone to snipe you
this is gay make it so if you fall you die of just dont make runners able to fall off the edge!
reset position still works in there but is longer than killing self but at least you dont lose a score on the board

DonnyJepp
12-01-04, 18:09
Neofrag just illustrates how borked the NC netcode is. Get 3 people in the same room neofragging, and it'll be clearer. The complete inconsistency between what is going on on all 3 clients makes me question why I play this game at all. You see 1 version of events, your friends see another.

The other one that gets me:
Why should I see mobs attacking other people when they are not really? This one happens at MC5 a lot, you're laying there dead and you see the PPU getting pounded on by guards, only the PPU says "Nah they're not shooting me at all, it's quiet in here." :eek: :eek: I mean, why the hell should I see mobs shooting someone unless they really are? Why would I see mobs banging on my PPU on my screen but it's all quiet on his end? BECAUSE THE CLIENT MAKES UP THINGS THAT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN

CLIENT/SERVER CONSISTENCY SHOULD BE THE MANTRA OF YOUR NETCODE AND EVERYONE SHOULD SEE AS CLOSE TO THE SAME THING ON SCREEN AS POSSIBLE

thx

ezza
12-01-04, 18:12
i had that one where i killed 3 people outside the apartments in PP2 then a crahn guys looking at me going OMG your taking no damage,

im like ugh yeah and?

well that copbots laying into you

hmm you sure8|

proberbly should of took advantage and pwnd the copbot solo:D

MindMaze
12-01-04, 23:35
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You ever moved like a chicken with it's head cut off in NF, and someone was able to hit you easily like every hit? BUt then you fight them outside and it's a whole different story.

Plenty of times dude. If somebody is hitting you with max freq, it just can't be his/her uber aim. Real duels should be held outside nf or in deck 2 (I've noticed much less of this in d2).

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 23:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
EE i'm glad you made this thread. You ever moved like a chicken with it's head cut off in NF, and someone was able to hit you easily like every hit? BUt then you fight them outside and it's a whole different story.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE THAT.

I've also noticed some people moving very slowly even though they say they have like a billion ath/ag.

That is so lame. I thought i was the only one who noticed it.

I would think "Wtf, why am I so effective outside nf".

HOHOHOHO this must be teh reason im getting pwnd at NF all the time.

Oh wait, im getting pwnd out of NF all the time as well. :rolleyes:

MindMaze
12-01-04, 23:41
If you are an apu, this especially applies to you :p

t0tt3
13-01-04, 00:26
APU and NF...

sucks nuff said