PDA

View Full Version : LoMs should work instantly inside Neofrag

RayBob
12-01-04, 11:28
Many people use the test server to test out different character builds. Certainly, there are many that analyze the latest patch and report bugs but many people installed the test server for the sole purpose of penalty-free experimentation.

I suggest that Loms should work instantly and without any experience loss inside of Neofrag. This would allow all of us to experiment but more importantly, it would just be a lot of fun!!!

PPUs could LoM instantly into hybrids and duel their friends. HC tanks could pull out that Devil's Grace gathering dust in their cabs and try melee. Rifle spies could switch to pistols. Fun. Fun. Fun.

Hayato
12-01-04, 12:20
Nice idea but will KK ever get around to somtin like this?

Lenard
12-01-04, 12:23
That would take quite a bit of coding with the current drug and effects system.

But a way around doing alot of coding would be having a vendor in neofrag that sold a special set of LOM drugs. That way there would be no threat of people taking the drugs out of NF.

PaulVinten
12-01-04, 12:44
Originally posted by Lenard
That would take quite a bit of coding with the current drug and effects system.

how would it?

whenlomtake
{
if not in_neofrag
{
set si=42
}
remove skill points
}

fair enough it's only pseudo code, but how is that a lot of coding? unless I'm missing something...

jj dynomite
12-01-04, 12:56
Personally i disagree with the idea. If your idea is soley for TS then i think you have the wrong idea of what TS is about. TS isn't used to play neofrag. It is used to test new features, ideas, bugs etc. Testing a new character setup isn't needed. KK pretty much knows all about the different classes and their setups.

Just my personal opinion.

Anyway....shouldn't this thread be on TS discussion board?

Mumblyfish
12-01-04, 13:06
Originally posted by jj dynomite
Personally i disagree with the idea. If your idea is soley for TS then i think you have the wrong idea of what TS is about. TS isn't used to play neofrag. It is used to test new features, ideas, bugs etc. Testing a new character setup isn't needed. KK pretty much knows all about the different classes and their setups.

Just my personal opinion.

Anyway....shouldn't this thread be on TS discussion board?

Way to misinterpret, Captain Misinterpret.

El_MUERkO
12-01-04, 13:26
/\

bahahahahhaahahaha Mumbly > u

Biznatchy
12-01-04, 13:32
While we are talking about loms, we have the exp hit, why do we even need the SI. The lom change to SI is still pretty stupid really. I understand the exp hit to stop abuse but the SI is just ..... IT is is just silly.

stalked monkey
12-01-04, 15:17
@ jj: Hes talking about on regular servers they could do this, not TS. And just for neofrag.

@paulvinten: One thing wrong. The way neocron does it would require re-writing the entire lom system, not just add a condition at the beginning. Also, you would have to store your current stats as you went into neofrag, as well as restore them when you went out... so the neofrag zoning code would have to be re-written.

But on the point of neofrag zoning code, they actually SHOULD do that, take a capture of your char as you went in, and restore it when you go out.... so your not wasting psi-boosters, medkits, and ammo, not to mention raping your armor.

StrongSad
12-01-04, 15:27
yea JJ, we arent talking about KK using this to test stuff :rolleyes:

We want it to test for ourselves on reg servers.....it would be fun I agree, but KK would never do it because they would make more money by forcing us to spend another month to cap that melee tank just to try it out.

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 15:44
I definetely agree. Since we dont have official word on how exactly most things in the game work, having a hussle-free enviroment to test setups and stuff would be ideal.

5*

El_MUERkO
12-01-04, 15:46
OMFG!!!!1111 J()() STY AWAZ FR(O)\/| M3h pr()n!!!

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 15:52
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
OMFG!!!!1111 J()() STY AWAZ FR(O)\/| M3h pr()n!!!

Yeah i h4x j00 :p

PaulVinten
12-01-04, 19:33
Originally posted by stalked monkey
@ jj: Hes talking about on regular servers they could do this, not TS. And just for neofrag.

@paulvinten: One thing wrong. The way neocron does it would require re-writing the entire lom system, not just add a condition at the beginning. Also, you would have to store your current stats as you went into neofrag, as well as restore them when you went out... so the neofrag zoning code would have to be re-written.

But on the point of neofrag zoning code, they actually SHOULD do that, take a capture of your char as you went in, and restore it when you go out.... so your not wasting psi-boosters, medkits, and ammo, not to mention raping your armor.

You clearly haven't been paying much attention then!

When you go into neofrag your stats are saved, then, no matter what you do, when you come out, it's restored. You can even throw your guns away
I had great fun giving someone a 5 slot CS in neofrag, and they were quite pissed when they got out and it was not there :)

hudsonbeck
12-01-04, 19:55
If you want to mess around with ur setup....
LoM your skills you want to re-setup.
Go to NF and allocate them.... test.
Leave NF
Re-enter NF and try different setup (because they will be released like when you first entered)

Simple solution

Hudson

Archeus
12-01-04, 19:58
probably the easy way would be to have NF-LOM dispensers inside of NF that the players can get and chomp from. Basically 1 lom releases all stats (or one skill stat).

Once it is only dispensed inside of NF it can never come back into the game.

alig
12-01-04, 21:49
All they need to do is take the loms from test server, reverse them again so they take away and not give points, cuz they dont give si...then have an npc like ppl saying selling them....u cant take an item out of nf that u didnt zone in with

stalked monkey
13-01-04, 06:44
Really? Humm :P I coulda sworn that the time I broke my armor in neofrag, it was broken when I came out. Might just be (yet another) bug though.

Flea
14-01-04, 05:11
nah, i frequently *dupe* weapons and throw them on the ground to return to duel my friends with the same weapon. also fun for making piles of uber weapons lol

Keiron
14-01-04, 05:15
Originally posted by stalked monkey
Really? Humm :P I coulda sworn that the time I broke my armor in neofrag, it was broken when I came out. Might just be (yet another) bug though.
It can happen, I once came out of NF dead because Shadow Dancer killed me (KOS TO JOO!!) as I left. If something like that can happen, I suppose armor damage can happen as well. However, stuff like that is very rare.

Psycho Killa
14-01-04, 05:20
YES I WANT EVERYONE TO RUN AROUND WITH THE SAME UBER SETUP AS EASY AS POSSIBLE

Yes it would be fun as hell but people would just use it to easily perfect a setup then every tank will run around taking the same damage etc etc

Shadow Dancer
14-01-04, 05:21
Originally posted by Keiron
It can happen, I once came out of NF dead because Shadow Dancer killed me (KOS TO JOO!!) as I left. If something like that can happen, I suppose armor damage can happen as well. However, stuff like that is very rare.

HAHA :p

I remmeber when I did that to smokey one time. rofl. And when I finally left neofrag, he was waiting outside for me with a ppu. HAHAH. He was so pissed.

:p