PDA

View Full Version : Slots .....

\\Fényx//
11-01-04, 20:25
ok, whats going on with slots, ive got a TL 171 constructor, at a factory, makin some PE spells, I make 15 TL 25 shelters, get 2 5 slotters, alls peachy :) so, only the TL 3 heals, well, this is the part thats fuckin pissin me off, im DEX 118 and INT 111, TL 171 construction, and blammo ive built 280 of the damn TL3 heals and best is 3 slots, a whole 4 of them at 3 slots after 280 ...

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!

sw1tch
11-01-04, 20:31
random.

a few sacrifices to the slot gods before hand is good practice too

Filth
11-01-04, 20:35
quick me a slasher your probly make a 5 slotter thing soon :P u cant be that unlucky and not soon :)

Candaman
11-01-04, 20:35
i'll lend u a 4 slot but u have to pay a rental fee =P

\\Fényx//
11-01-04, 20:39
made 350 now, still only 3 slots at best, and still only 4 of them ... fucking pathetic, anyone wanna donate a 4/5 slot heal to the keep fenix sane society ? o_O

Candaman
11-01-04, 20:42
/withdraws offer

Cliffraiser
11-01-04, 20:42
ive got a 4 slot fenwick ;)

Spectra260
11-01-04, 20:46
Originally posted by sw1tch
random.

a few sacrifices to the slot gods before hand is good practice too

first off it isnt random

second your tl is to high for a non rare weapon/psi module

now, if you had that same dex and int levels and then lowerd yourself to like tl 50 construction, you might get some 5 slotters...

the only thing good about a high ass cst level is for rares, THEN slots are SORTA random...

it still depends on your level though.

and its proven that its impossible to make somthing computer generated "random"

shodanjr_gr
11-01-04, 20:49
Originally posted by Spectra260
first off it isnt random

second your tl is to high for a non rare weapon/psi module

now, if you had that same dex and int levels and then lowerd yourself to like tl 50 construction, you might get some 5 slotters...

the only thing good about a high ass cst level is for rares, THEN slots are SORTA random...

it still depends on your level though.

and its proven that its impossible to make somthing computer generated "random"

Slots are RANDOM. It has been said over and over and over and over....

BTW Fen, have sex with a grim persecutor, it is said to increase slot chances. You could also try a threesome involving a constructor, a drom and a nerfed hybrid. That is also supposed to help.

Spectra260
11-01-04, 20:51
anyone got a URL to a site explaining how RANDOM generated things is impossible...

\\Fényx//
11-01-04, 20:59
remove that fucking anti-macro shite PLEASE *cries*

Cubico
11-01-04, 21:10
You have to go onto a hill and wait till midnight.

This tl 50 thing sounds not bad.

Spectra260
11-01-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Cubico
You have to go onto a hill and wait till midnight.

This tl 50 thing sounds not bad.

its true though...

if you have capped dex and int and a low cst tl for only a tl3 item you will get good slots....

try going to a capped spy whos pure PVP and have him to go a factory or somthing and make him build a few

\\Fényx//
11-01-04, 21:29
its true though...

if you have capped dex and int and a low cst tl for only a tl3 item you will get good slots....

try going to a capped spy whos pure PVP and have him to go a factory or somthing and make him build a few

well this newb spy came upto me, i made him 10 pumpguns and 10 archers, got 6 4 slot pumpguns, a 5 slot and 3 2 slots, then a 3 slot and a 5 slot archer, made 55 more TL3 heals, got myself a 5 slotter, made 10 mendicants and got 1 5 slotter and 1 4 slotter. Also made a 4 and a 5 slot TL25 shelter

Im happy, atlast :)

Judge
11-01-04, 21:34
The thing that worries me... you have the time to make 350 TL 3 items...

Why do you even need a 5 slotter? Aren't they pretty easy to cap even on 3 slots?

sw1tch
11-01-04, 21:34
You must have sacrificed someone important for the slot gods fenyx 8|

Spectra260
11-01-04, 21:36
well thats good to hear then i guess, now ill have to kill you and hack0rz your belt and get it;)

\\Fényx//
11-01-04, 21:44
well thats good to hear then i guess, now ill have to kill you and hack0rz your belt and get it;)

heh trust me ive got a pretty rock hard PE setup :) My old PE tho was on rizzys account and that got banned :( so im makin a new one

PaulVinten
11-01-04, 22:07
anyone got a URL to a site explaining how RANDOM generated things is impossible...

I'll do it :)

Right, a computer is physically incapable of generating a random number. It just doesn't happen. So, instead, we have an algorythm that generates seemingly random numbers, given a single number. This is actually quite handy - it means that when you test a computer program you can create the same 'random' results over and over again. But, when you want to create 'actual' random numbers, we use the same algorythm but give it the current clock time in seconds :) This way you get seemingly random numbers that are actually predictable - if you know the exact second that it's gonna happen, but for anyone not a computer, they really are random :)

retr0n
12-01-04, 01:07
Originally posted by PaulVinten
I'll do it :)

Right, a computer is physically incapable of generating a random number. It just doesn't happen. So, instead, we have an algorythm that generates seemingly random numbers, given a single number. This is actually quite handy - it means that when you test a computer program you can create the same 'random' results over and over again. But, when you want to create 'actual' random numbers, we use the same algorythm but give it the current clock time in seconds :) This way you get seemingly random numbers that are actually predictable - if you know the exact second that it's gonna happen, but for anyone not a computer, they really are random :)

this is true, but, some programmers can create "random" numbers
by using a combination of like mouse position + keyboard key sequence + other stuff
wich would be impossible to recreate

also i think it's been proven that soundcards are able to generate
random noise... so you are able to use that aswell... on your
mic input...

however, as u say, if you are able to recreate the same seed number
you will get the exact set of random numbers, so its semi-random
i guess...

and fenyx, something i have descovered about csting is that if you
are making several items, always start with the lowest TL one...

I was creating some spells + rifles for my rifle PE and made the rifle
first, got a 5 slot on first attempt (w00t) so then i continued to
make a blessed deflector & shelter, made like 100 of each with 3
slots best of both of them, got pissed, made some heals, then went
back to make a better def/shelter and booya 5 slotters...
dont know if this has anything to do with it, but it might be worth
a shot

//Radium

extract
12-01-04, 01:19
Originally posted by Judge
The thing that worries me... you have the time to make 350 TL 3 items...

Why do you even need a 5 slotter? Aren't they pretty easy to cap even on 3 slots?

my PE caps dmg on a store bought heal......I got tired of dying and building shit when i can get same results on store bought shit....I dont know why anyone would spend time and money on a project like that.....

On another note I had a TL 182 CST with like 95 base INT and DEX.....I spent 2 days building shit for my PPU......I made a 5 slot holy heal in a batch of 10.....4 slot holy def in batch of 5.....and I built over 250 holy shelter and best i got was 3 slots =/.....so who the fuck knows how it works........

Leebzie
12-01-04, 01:19
theres a site that will generate you random numbers, apparently using the electromagnetic interference in the air, which is random.

Have a look at this page (http://www.random.org/essay.html) on the above mentioned site.

Thats http://www.random.org/essay.html if you want to copy + paste it.

Shadow Dancer
12-01-04, 01:24
People think they need 5 slot everything.

Sometimes 2-3 slots is just fine.

sw1tch
12-01-04, 01:32
yeh for leveling purposes, I just get a 2 slot (ammo and barrel for guns) with capped stats and i'm sorted

\\Fényx//
12-01-04, 03:10
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
People think they need 5 slot everything.

Sometimes 2-3 slots is just fine.

:rolleyes: yea, when you got a ultima you can chuck in em, the newb weapons i made for some random guy that came to me with 20 BP's. the TL 3 heals are for me, as I have the cash and the time, im gonna make myself 5 slotters, if i fucking want 5 slotter then im gonna fucking make 5 slotters, even if i'll cap a 3 slotter, as i want a 5 fucking slotter, im gonna make myself a fucking 5 slotter, ok ? o_O

[Edit] but as the master shadow has said 2-3 slots is enough, i must obey his every word, sell the 5 slotter to YOs and get my tank to build me a shammy 2 slotter at emmerson .....

IceStorm
12-01-04, 03:36
Are you building the TL3 Heals in sequence, or are you doing things in-between? There's no hard evdence on how slots are generated - random decision before success, random decision after success, tied to item type/TL, etc. It's possible if you're doing things between TL3 builds, like building other item, that you're "wasting" slot chances on the other tiems, especially if you're failing builds on high TL items between the TL3 heals or building non-slotting items (parts, drones, imps, etc). Even though parts and drones don't get slots, who's to say that the random slot generator isn't being keyed and run at those times, thus "slotting" an item that can't show slots?

Just a thought.

\\Fényx//
12-01-04, 03:50
Originally posted by IceStorm
Are you building the TL3 Heals in sequence, or are you doing things in-between? There's no hard evdence on how slots are generated - random decision before success, random decision after success, tied to item type/TL, etc. It's possible if you're doing things between TL3 builds, like building other item, that you're "wasting" slot chances on the other tiems, especially if you're failing builds on high TL items between the TL3 heals or building non-slotting items (parts, drones, imps, etc). Even though parts and drones don't get slots, who's to say that the random slot generator isn't being keyed and run at those times, thus "slotting" an item that can't show slots?

Just a thought.

Built 380 right after eachother, ressing 50 then making 50 at a time, then i made 10 pumpguns and 10 archers for some random guy, made another 105 heals and got that 5 slotter .....

IceStorm
12-01-04, 04:09
ressing 50 then making 50 at a time
This I wouldn't do (unless you mean you had a researcher doing the BPs and a separate constructor char doing the builds). Wacky as it sounds, I bet that KK tied random slot generation to research, too...

Next time try 380 in sequence. :-)

Drexel
12-01-04, 05:07
My TL 225 Constructor has NEVER made a low TL item with more than 3 slots, and 3 slots is very hard to get too.

I belive you can be too high as a constructor for some low items. (have constructed thousands of low level items btw).

Definatley have better 'luck' with a less skilled constructor.

G.0.D.
12-01-04, 05:38
I made 30 and got a 5 slotter way back when :P

Biznatchy
12-01-04, 12:29
5 slot heals are really good for tanks, means they can ~cap the heal without using psi use and leaving out wep lore, unless you screw up and spec for heal sanct.

My cst built a 5 slot heal way back when he was around 120 cst of of a batch of just 5. he also go a 3 slot in that batch of 5.

if that helps.

[TgR]KILLER
12-01-04, 12:31
made a 5 slot libby 2 days ago O.o but on spells esp ppu i always get shit slots someway or another.. made a 5 slot halo last week tho..

Punisher-X
12-01-04, 13:54
How about this for painful. These rares were built one after the other, no gaps, just a constant run
0 slot CS
0 slot PE
0 slot Earp
0 slot CS
0 slot Judge
0 slot PE
0 slot Holy catahrsis sanctum

Fok that.

Strych9
12-01-04, 14:08
Wow. The speculation about TL3 builds is truly spooky in this thread.

ichinin
12-01-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Drexel
My TL 225 Constructor has NEVER made a low TL item with more than 3 slots, and 3 slots is very hard to get too.

Bummer...
my saturn constructor created TL 2 Knuckles with 4 slots once :D

dr.fish
12-01-04, 19:59
i built 40 tl 3 heals today i and i got 2 5 slotters and 2 4 slotters

:p

i do the slot dance tho, u should try it ( jump and crouch at the same time in circles)

Sir ramic hobbs
12-01-04, 20:03
THIS IS AN ALERT TO ALL URANUSERS SPOON LOVER HAS STOLEN ALL SLOTS FROM THE FUTURE USE HIM AND TIP WELL :P

Redburn
12-01-04, 20:14
Random is not the word for it, was at a Factory with my CST Monk building Plasma waves the best I did was 3 slot was on the last BP ran out of one weapon part jumped back to NC to get one - bought the part GRed back no SI cause clan owns but INT drugs had worn off so I got drug flash, so wtf I build the "Burning Air" Plasma Wave dam if the dang thing comes out with five slots.

Strych9
12-01-04, 20:33
No need to ponder the word "random."

Suffice to say, we know the following:

1. Build quality determines slot chances. The higher quality an item is build to, the better chances it has.
2. The build quality has a cap that is determined by the TL of the item. Low TL items cap at 94%. Higher TL items cap in the 80s.
3. Int, Dex, and Constr determine at what quality you can build, up to the item's native cap.

This is for non-rares mind you.

After all of the above is processed, slots are "unpredictable." Lets use that word instead of random so no one feels the need to launch into another lecture about random numbers and computers.

If you build an item to its highest possible quality, then you have done ALL that you can do to get slots. After that, you no longer have no control over it- whether drugs, buffs, ops... whatever.

alig
12-01-04, 21:02
Why do u need a 5 slot heal on a pe? :confused: if my pe dies...looses his heal i simply run into yakarma's, buy a heal and its 576% 52/min, fully capped heal:wtf:

How about this for painful. These rares were built one after the other, no gaps, just a constant run

0 slot CS
0 slot PE
0 slot Earp
0 slot CS
0 slot Judge
0 slot PE
0 slot Holy catahrsis sanctum

lol....ill just say the last few rares i got made that i actually needed for one of my chars, means im not including gay rares like electric tempest....

4 slot holy para
4 slot rolh
1 slot nearly fully artifact rog :(
0 slot holy thunderstorm
2 slot holy antibuff
0 slot libby
.skips some....
[first rare ever made]
4 slot cs :D