PDA

View Full Version : Idea: timeout chair for event rebels

bounty
11-01-04, 04:19
I was discussing this with a few people and it went over kind of well, enough to make a post I guess. I think banning someone from the game isn't a very good idea and IMO should always be the last course of action. There are more things people do at events than just pk that ruins the experience for others. So i feel that there should be made a list of players that misbehave at events, and their punishment is for the next event or two events, they are confined to their apartments. This is a fairly easy program to write and would be an easy answer to this problem without the extent of banning someone.

Omnituens
11-01-04, 04:29
suitable for 1 account, what about mutli-accounters?

Ryuben
11-01-04, 05:03
rofl i like that idea

"u been a naughty boy go to ur room"

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Demon-
11-01-04, 05:19
Hehe...anyone play uo and remember jail?

People got sent there and could not get out by any means, they could send em to my bugged appt space, if i type my password in while im already on the appt I get trapped in a TH appt foyer that I can't access and can't go down in the lift.

Good idea, yeah multi-accounts would be hard but then again banning one character is quite effective sometimes.

I think though it would work better if they were kicked and banned from the server for say 24/48 hours and sent a warning, pretty sure Calash has said pretty such this anyway.

petek480
11-01-04, 05:24
LOL, That would be funny and just imagine all the people whining on trade becuase they've been sent to there apt.

Lenard
11-01-04, 07:13
A horrible sollution to the problem imo.

Think of them as terrorists. They add a total RP element to the game imo tbh!

All you carebares are going to pay some day ! Mark my woooooorrrds.

Original monk
11-01-04, 07:34
and our event being ruined by some dickheads isnt "paying" enough ???

btw i wonna add dangerklaus to that list, he killed me at the purely RP event with the circles: littlebitchildish of em i think ..

somewhere hidden and sniping people with HL ...: pretty tough: if i knew where he was sniping from he got 28 poisonstacks up hes ass ...

Psyco Groupie
11-01-04, 07:45
If anyone is still fuckign around at an event they should be banned, not permanently .. but banned none the less.

Call it what you will, but YOUR actions could put someone out of an entire event ie. xmas event rabbi fang

o_O

VetteroX
11-01-04, 08:35
ive got an idea. this is a pvp game and all events should be pvp oriented. Maybe some peoples good time comes from charging in and gunning everyone down, what about their fun?

nonamebrandeggs
11-01-04, 08:35
Wouldn't that ruin it for the PKer though?

And BTW, I think the GMs are bent on sending people to the Bat cave place, thats where they always send me :'(.

Psyco Groupie
11-01-04, 08:42
How about you get to pvp all you want, and nearly wherever you want *soon tm* ... can u just not OMFG KOS for like 2 hours ?

If your really so amazing vet .. how about you act like an amzing human being for a few hours and join in with the event or go take your protein pills

g0rt
11-01-04, 08:45
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
How about you get to pvp all you want, and nearly wherever you want *soon tm* ... can u just not OMFG KOS for like 2 hours ?

If your really so amazing vet .. how about you act like an amzing human being for a few hours and join in with the event or go take your protein pills

At the same time why don't we put 30 angry arabs and 30 american generals in the same room together and have them play chess.

Im sure that will go just as well as having BD/TG+Friends enjoying an event with CM/TT/CA+Friends

petek480
11-01-04, 08:55
I actually find it funny how the roleplayers bitch if people kill enemies at events, yet they are the roleplayers and we are the suppose pkers that stop them from roleplayingo_O

Lucid Dream
11-01-04, 12:44
A) No, it probably woundnt be really easy for them to code, and you cant say it is unless you are a dev =)

B) Keeping PKers out of events.. hmm heres my take on it.. If the event is held somewhere that normally allows PKing, then PKing should be allowed. If it is held in a safezone then there will be no PKing. This is a gritty world ravaged by a nuclear holocaust..

C) Noone should ever.. EVER be kicked out of game for doing something that is not an exploit or serious, serious abuse (im not talking about insults, im talking about RL threats, etc) This is a ROLE PLAYING GAME why should someone be penalized for playing their role?

Samhain
11-01-04, 12:50
A) No, it probably woundnt be really easy for them to code, and you cant say it is unless you are a dev =)

Highschool or equivelant coding skills would suffice to impliment such a feature. I could do it.

Sefran
11-01-04, 12:51
I dont see the problem just follow the rules that simple, if u dont get punished

Spex
11-01-04, 17:02
I would be very very careful about saying "that is easy to program" ... especially when a MMORPG is involved.

Anyway, maybe the guys who constantly disturb events and then say "this is an evil world and they are enemies" should plan a similar event and then see it destroyed by others ... you can plan events which involve PvP, but not every event does so. In the end doing PK on events where it should not be done shows no respect towards the GM(s).

About the banning I can't say anything, personally I don't care. If I get a warning from a GM about a thing I did wrong, then it should include the possible consequences when I do that again. I do it again and get caught: my fault. What "punishment" is suited for what "crime" is up to the GMs/KK and crying for a "nerf" there is prolly the most useless thing you can do (thats one of the things I wouldn't discuss about with the players).

shodanjr_gr
11-01-04, 17:15
Originally posted by VetteroX
ive got an idea. this is a pvp game and all events should be pvp oriented. Maybe some peoples good time comes from charging in and gunning everyone down, what about their fun?

Shut up vet, there have been events that allowed full PKing.
PKers can have all the fun they want during the game, they are just asked to fucking stop for 2-3 hours each month during an event, is that so hard?

Arbiter
11-01-04, 18:13
A simple rule: Do what the GM tells you to do.

There are events that allow PvP or even thought to do PvP, but there are also events which have more of a community meeting. For community evens, which are not really part of the RP in this game, there is usually a no PvP rule.

Sometimes things get mixed up a bit. RP is not simply kill enemies, there should be a (played - that excludes the F6) reason for it, otherwise it is only PvP. on the other hand, RP is not only chatting in Via Rosso 3 in Chez Syphers all the day.