PDA

View Full Version : Tank speed question

superfresh
10-01-04, 22:13
I just finished capping a tank (yay). I have 100 agility, but also just noticed I have 85 ath. I heard the ath/agl total cap is 140. Have I wasted atheletics points? She is clearly slower when wearing PA, and I'm wondering if I can compensate by putting my last 15 con points into ath.

Any help is appreciated.

alig
10-01-04, 22:15
Err dunno but my tank has 80 atl and 169 agl and im REAL fast...i dont think atl does alot to run speed as psu doesnt do alot to dmg on spells

BombShell
10-01-04, 22:25
nah to me cap is 180.

peeps say i hav to much but is it to much that am able tot alk for 10 mroe secs while my freind runt o a op.

and i still beat them :)

iw ould say not :)

Dribble Joy
10-01-04, 22:27
Run speed 'soft-caps' at about 75/75 but there is still a noticable difference above this, and 120/120 is definitly much faster.

BombShell
10-01-04, 22:28
1 day i hav to find this cap we speak of. so we the people dont hav to waste r skills :)

superfresh
10-01-04, 22:41
Aye, a friend just told me that more is better, period. Right now my tank has like 45 recycle and I think it might be time to dump it.

J. Folsom
11-01-04, 15:24
Overcapping if you use any weapon type which reduces your runspeed can get you around the runspeed decrease with the weapon out.

I assume you're a H-C tank? In that case, you're a lot quicker with a cannon out then a 70/70 tank would ever be.

Q`alooaith
11-01-04, 15:28
KK should realy hardcap it, as in 75/75 should be the speedcap, and having more doe's nothing, even with a weapon out..

•Super|\|ova•
11-01-04, 16:59
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
KK should realy hardcap it, as in 75/75 should be the speedcap, and having more doe's nothing, even with a weapon out..

Or KK could let us what really is the damn speed cap :mad:

Mumblyfish
11-01-04, 17:01
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

How's about no? Let us speedfreaks have fun. I have pumped points into athletics to the point where my resists are less than that of a PE. But I love the speed boost. Same with my pistol spy. He has ZERO resists. 50 body health, the rest into athletics. Stop taking away my damn fun :D

Q`alooaith
11-01-04, 19:09
You can still have your speed fun, but you'll just be capped at 75/75.. so spend the extra point's, but you stop getting faster at 75/75 and if you pull a weapon it'll slow you down seperatly to the cap, so overcapping will not help..

Yea be a speed freak all you want, but 75/75 is what the cap is meant to be, now it's not worked out like that so it must be a bug, if your pumping more point's in to expoilt this bug you should be thankfull that they fix it and don't do nasty nasty wicked thing's to you..

Psycho Killa
11-01-04, 19:27
Um its not a bug...

Like they said its a "soft cap" on runspeed so people arent running 100 mile per hour like they where before. Theyre intent wasnt to make it impossible for tanks to get faster with a weapon out it was because pe's and melee tanks etc where to damn fast for the net code so it made it look like they where skipping around sometimes almost like they where teleporting every few feet.

Once u reach 70/70 u have reached the softcap and will get diminishing returns. As in to get any more speed you will notice alot smaller difference between 70 and 100 then 40 and 70.

Stigmata
11-01-04, 19:28
169 agility ? do you have no tech combat ? o_O

if so what weapon can you use, speedgat and moonstriker ?

Deicide
11-01-04, 20:35
Originally posted by stigmata
169 agility ? do you have no tech combat ? o_O

if so what weapon can you use, speedgat and moonstriker ?

devourer...