PDA

View Full Version : Un-nerf the freezer !!!

Leebzie
10-01-04, 19:32
Ok, so this isnt probably what you'd exepct from the thread title...

Freezer weapons got nerfed, and I back that, I dont want to see the age of 'who stuns who first wins' again.

But what ive been thinking lately , while trying through all the weapons again, is how attractive some of the freezer weapons are, but they are so unused.

What I am proposing here is to make freezer weapons a useful weapon again (perhaps remove the stun effect) And , more interestingly , make 'Ice' a type of damage (after all we have fire)

This would make speccing your char more interesting too.

To compensate for the addition of another damage type , you would need :

A. more con points
B. each resist point gives more armor value

I can imagine some people could think this will mean you will be able to get more resistance to energy etc by putting the extra points there instead of the new Ice damage. Thats absolutely right, you could become even more powerful to the old damage types, only thing is you'd become very weak to the new one.

So , thought ? suggestions ?

ezza
10-01-04, 19:35
i like the look of the freezer cannons, and i in no way want any freezer effect weapon in game(that goes for shitty monks as well but anyway..)but if they brough a new damage or hell even made it a new energy weapon it be cool cos i like the look of em

im not sure about ice cos it still implys slow down to the target and that sort of think as cracky once said is the death of PvP

Animated
10-01-04, 19:46
Instead of introducing a new damage type, why not just make them do pure x-ray damage instead?

ezza
10-01-04, 19:47
Originally posted by Animated
Instead of introducing a new damage type, why not just make them do pure x-ray damage instead? well i get the feeling that something like that is planned from DOY, as the DOY bots use pure xray damage iirc

Animated
10-01-04, 19:49
well i get the feeling that something like that is planned from DOY, as the DOY bots use pure xray damage iirc

That was sortof my point, why not use the freezer weapons models instead of creating a whole new set, and also get rid of freezer/paralyse effect at the same time.

ezza
10-01-04, 19:51
Originally posted by Animated
That was sortof my point, why not use the freezer weapons models instead of creating a whole new set, and also get rid of freezer/paralyse effect at the same time.

ah yeah im with ya now, well that would work i guess:)

Leebzie
11-01-04, 00:42
Maybe use the freezer models for the neutron weapons ? darken them down a bit maybe first ? that is assuming there arent new models already created.

I was thinking along the lines of more dmg types giving you more to think about, and extending interest in the game.

Btw if they are viable combat weapons, they should NOT have freezing effects. Hell, I hate stunning weapons. all of em.

shodanjr_gr
11-01-04, 00:45
Dont unnerf the freezer if ur gona add a freezing effect to it.

But make a new weapon class using freezer weapon models (which rock btw). Pure xray damage sounds cool to meh.

ezza
11-01-04, 01:44
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Dont unnerf the freezer if ur gona add a freezing effect to it.

But make a new weapon class using freezer weapon models (which rock btw). Pure xray damage sounds cool to meh. think thats whats being said here.

proberbly the title of the thread put everyone off though

*horrible memories of being frozen from behind then nailed by a libby*

Leebzie
11-01-04, 02:16
Originally posted by ezza
proberbly the title of the thread put everyone off though

Yea maybe a went a bit too far trying to make the thread a bit more eye catching/thought provoking.

I am absolutely 100% against bringing the freezing effect back !

ezza
11-01-04, 02:18
with some of the ideas here would be good addition to game

you got 2 threads that are teh win going atm

Leebzie
11-01-04, 02:22
Originally posted by ezza
with some of the ideas here would be good addition to game

you got 2 threads that are teh win going atm

:) :) :)

Well ,everything is just a suggestion so the input is really helpful, keep tweakin the ideas :) Well...nearly time for me to sleep O_o so...tired...