PDA

View Full Version : Neocron KILLED MY SKILL!

Rieper
10-01-04, 18:11
Well, slight exaggeration possibly, but after 6 or 7 months without CS or Quake i went lanning.. CS i was with my old teams so i won, but didnt come anywhere my old skill average.. came second in FFA on Q3DM16 and 17 and got my arse whupped on instagib on DM17.

Dunno what it is.. lack of practice is part of it, but neocron makes such different tactics.. you cant afford to make mistakes in Quake.. and theres no twitch when you have a CS... :(

MayhemMike
10-01-04, 18:22
You had no skill to lose in the first place tbh.

Xian
10-01-04, 18:24
What CS clan are you in Rieper?

I do fine in CS after Neocron. O_o

REMUS
10-01-04, 18:28
i dont know what you expect after 6/7 months reiper :wtf:

although i think everyone sometimes goes round the map holding down shift on any fps after playing nc for 3 or 4 hours before hand hehe :)

P.S Quake 3 is shit :p all UT pawns it, and it seems impossible to get a cs server that hasnt got a hacker on it fucking things up. with hundereds of head shots.

Mumblyfish
10-01-04, 18:29
I found that playing CS for about a month ruined all FPS skill I ever had ever. But a little while on Rocket Arena and Renegade sorted that one out :D

Rieper
10-01-04, 18:36
Mike, you still bitter after i verbally raped you and your entire family on the ND boards? lol. cheer up kid, one day, i'll be dead and you'll be able to beat me in an FPS game ;)

as for you remus.. i just been talking about this on IRC.. Q3 is pure deathmatch. You'll never get faster or purer. UT is a slower, less challenging game. Damn, i may not be pwning quake, but i can still frag 5 ut players before they realize what weapon they've drawn.

new unreal games are pretty tho.

Xian, its not a clan, its a group of mates and my two bro.. not even a tag, we just play together at an internet cafe :) got pwned on Aztec, because the people we were up against kept rushing, but pwned Assault as CTs.. think it ended up about 30 - 5 :D

and Remus.. its 6/7 months that got me out of practice, but neocron makes me play differently :)

REMUS
10-01-04, 18:43
as for you remus.. i just been talking about this on IRC.. Q3 is pure deathmatch. You'll never get faster or purer. UT is a slower, less challenging game. Damn, i may not be pwning quake, but i can still frag 5 ut players before they realize what weapon they've drawn.

new unreal games are pretty tho.

and Remus.. its 6/7 months that got me out of practice, but neocron makes me play differently :)

"as for you remus" that sounds a little harsh :p i wouldnt expect anything more froma dirty little Q3 player, Q3 is just Q2 only basically not as good.

Rieper
10-01-04, 18:45
damn you bitch, i was just moving on. Even if you're a dumbass who thinks Unreal > Q3 i still respect you as a NC player.

You know im right tho, Q3 perfected deathmatch.. Q2 pwned, but Q3 is 100% GOLD

Sanch0s
10-01-04, 19:02
Its all about being used to that game, say u left the pc for that 7 months and played chess or whatever, when u went back to cs ud be as shit as you are now.

Nidhogg
10-01-04, 19:20
This thread can't possibly develop into anything other than the flame-fest that it already is. All you lack is practice.

/edit - it appears that I have caused offence to Rieper in my closing comment for which I apologise. My statement was made to counter the claim that playing Neocron can in some way affect anyone's ability to play any other game. Occam's razor points to the more likely conclusion; a lack of "match practice".

N