PDA

View Full Version : Replace Weapon-modification parts with Psi-weapon parts....

Opar
10-01-04, 17:29
Well? Simple idea, since no one actually builds weapon mods, how about we give Psi weapons their own set of parts?

Psi Module-part 1 through to 10 (or 11 o.O)

Just a thought.

shodanjr_gr
10-01-04, 17:32
Originally posted by Opar
Well? Simple idea, since no one actually builds weapon mods, how about we give Psi weapons their own set of parts?

Psi Module-part 1 through to 10 (or 11 o.O)

Just a thought.

Nah no point really, although its a good idea RP wise, it would just fuck contructors more since they now have to get different parts for constructing psi weapons. Atm a constructor can buy lots of parts in large batches and use them as he sees fit (be it psi spells, or normal gunz), but if you make a conster buy different weapon parts for each weapon type you will make him have left overs at times.

I hope i made sense.

Opar
10-01-04, 17:34
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Nah no point really, although its a good idea RP wise, it would just fuck contructors more since they now have to get different parts for constructing psi weapons. Atm a constructor can buy lots of parts in large batches and use them as he sees fit (be it psi spells, or normal gunz), but if you make a conster buy different weapon parts for each weapon type you will make him have left overs at times.

I hope i made sense.

= Less fucked economy? ;)

shodanjr_gr
10-01-04, 17:40
Originally posted by Opar
= Less fucked economy? ;)

Its not about the economy....

Arg you have to make me type an example. I hate examples.

Anywayz, here goes:

You got runner Conster_man. Conster_man is a full time constructor. He build the parts then uses the parts he builds to build weapons. At the moment when he has spare time he can build tons of weaponparts, store em in his app cabs and when there is need he can use them to make anything he needs (be it a spell or a gun or a drom vibrator).

Now if you make the change you are suggesting the situation has as follows. The conster wants to make a psi spell batch. But he is running out of psi spell parts while at the same time he has tons of weaponparts. What will happen is that he is forced to build/buy more psi spell parts essentially being put into a shameless timesink of creating all those parts.

I still dont think ive made much sense but anyway.

It may be a good idea (and a good moneysink for all it matters).

But its also a timesink. And i dont like it :p

Birkoff
10-01-04, 22:43
has good and bad points... over all I'd say bad.

Mainly for the reasdon explained b4. Would be better in the long term but you don;t enoug htradeskillers as it is.